Start by marking “Twin Sacrifice” as Want to Read:
Twin Sacrifice

Twin Sacrifice

My twin brother is determined to kill himself, but I won’t let him.

I just discovered the sacrifice he made for me when we were young.

Now it’s time I return the favor. This time I’ll be the one with the secret.

Psychologist Matthew Durante’s twin brother, Justin, has struggled with mental illness since their parents died in a house fire. After Justin is accused of setting o
Published February 28th 2018 by Psyched Publishing (first published February 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Sacrifice

Start your review of Twin Sacrifice
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hey everyone! This ebook was kindly provided by the author/publisher via Netgalley prior to release in exchange for my honest review.

My biggest problem with this book is, it showed up in the romance titles but it is not in any way a romance novel. I got to about 50% and thought to myself where’s the romance. We’re running out of time. Every time a female character was mentioned I thought is this the one? The romance never came. I hope it was just a miss-click that lead to this book being put on
Jennifer Lane
I'm excited to release my first psychological thriller on 2-28-18.

description

Bloggers can sign up for the cover reveal (1-17-18), pre-release tour (2-14-18), and/or release tour (2-28-18) at http://www.bookpartnersincrimepromoti...

Join us for the Facebook release party 2-28-18 7:00-10:00 pm EST at https://www.facebook.com/events/17578...
Paula  Phillips
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it

Two twin brothers with a decision to make each and sacrifices for one another. One brother Matthew is a Psychologist, and the other Justin is in prison for a bombing at King Enterprises where Jefferson King aka their old Foster father owned. Matthew knows that Justin is innocent, but he can't seem to help his brother from the outside. So Matthew comes up with a plan, he must switch places with his twin brother and so starts a plan rolling which means giving up everything that he has ever loved -
Sarika Patkotwar
Actual rating- 4.5

*This review was initially published at The Readdicts Book Blog. For more reviews, go here .

When I read author Jennifer Lane's Streamline, I really, really liked it so naturally when her sports romance series Blocked was out, I had to read all the books and I fell in love with them. When I heard about Twin Sacrifice, I had to obviously read the book because I've grown to love Jennifer's books. But when I finally read it, I was shocked and surprised because Jennifer just ke
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I’m not sure why I wanted to read this but I am so glad I did. I don’t normally read a book because of a cover but I did. I got it all wrong too. I thought with two men on the cover it was a m/m. Yes I know it actually says the word Twin on the cover but it didn’t click in my brain. Then of course I jumped in without reading the blurb. Oh my dayz I am so glad I did.

If you like psychological thrillers then this is a must read. I’m not going to say much because if you’ve read the blurb it’s enoug
Romance
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a ride!

My attention was held through the entire book. It was full of surprises and suspense!!! The suspense drew me in. I had to see where Mrs.Lane was going with it and she did not disappoint. Excellent read. The twins have carved a special place in my heart. I actually learned quite a bit from this book. Great storyline, characters are stong and we get a bit of education and insight into different topics.
Teresa
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Jennifer Lane's stories get me every time. This was terrific, and I was incredibly excited and honoured to get an ARC of this psychological suspense novel.

However, writing a review has been really difficult because I didn't want to give much away, but I didn't want to hide it all behind a full spoiler warning either, so finding the right balance between too much or too little has been a challenge.

I think the blurb encapsulates very well what's to come, and should be the only thing to go to in
Darcia Helle
Jennifer Lane gives us the gift of really feeling what it's like to be another person. We experience a range of emotions, good and bad, within situations we may never have imagined in our real lives. I have loved her writing from the beginning, and this book might just be her bravest, most honest emotional read yet.

The plot gives us mystery, a lot of suspense, unexpected twists, and a big, dark, edgy cliff from which to dangle.

The content is, at times, uncomfortable in its realism. I don't mea
Monica
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5*

To be honest I was very excited to read a thriller after all the romance trends.
Once I received this Arc I was so thrilled ... see what I made here :)

Twin Sacrifice is the deal! A gripping psychological thriller like the blurb truly says and you can imagine the sort of unexpected twists and turns. Got me captive from the start.

The characters felt real which kept me tossing and turning in bed for hours.
Today we deal with so many issues ... some we keep way and hope to stay way.
Not for thes
Brenda
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW. JUST. WOW.
My first Jennifer Lane book, and it totally rocked me.
I adored the uniqueness of the story,  the love and devotion of the characters, it pulled at my heart strings.
Feeling were felt (swear words were uttered) and the tears flowed.
I thoroughly enjoyed Twin Sacrifice, and look forword to jumping into my next Jennifer Lane book.
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
First, I would like to thank Jennifer Lane, Psyched Publishing and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.
Twin Sacrifice by Jennifer Lane was an incredible book about twin brothers with an incredible bond whom would do anything for eachother-and I do mean anything-to keep eachother safe! So many times my heart broke for each of what the brothers went through growing up. Not to mention what they were facing now. I wanted to give Kate a hug for the lies and betra
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This was an enjoyable read. The story was interesting and engaging. I really like thriller/suspense stories. I thought the characters were good. However, I felt that they were lacking. They were not really dynamic and interesting. Also, I thought the story was filled with ups and downs. There was drama and plot twists. I thought the ending was really good. Overall, a great read.
RoloPoloBookBlog
Twin Sacrifice by Jennifer Lane
Source: Netgalley and Purchase
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Justin Durante has survived a hell many, many do not. But, that survival comes with a great number of caveats including multiple suicide attempts and a current charge of attempted murder. Because of the suicide attempts, Justin is currently “living” in a psych ward awaiting a professional determination of his mental ability to stand trial for his crime.

Matthew Durante has spent his life trying desperately to protec
Angel Hatfield
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mathew knew he must have went to far and was in the hospital. Kate saw him stir and asked him - what the hell he was thinking, he had tried to kill himself she added. Kate was Mathew’s girlfriend and had been since the three of them had been in a foster home together when they were teens fourteen years ago. Mathew said he wasn’t suicidal, he didn’t want to die. Then Kate asked if it was something she had done. Mathew told Kate it was complicated.Mathew now knew his brother kept punishing himself ...more
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
As both an author and a psychologist, Jennifer Lane offers a unique perspective on the characters she creates in her novels. So, when I heard she was publishing a suspense story, I sought out a copy right away.

Twin Sacrifice is the story of two brothers, Matthew, and Justin, who endure a tragic childhood. When their parents are killed in a fire, the twins are brought up in the foster care of their father’s boss, Jefferson King. Although the community reveres King, the brothers are often witness
Becky Baldridge
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this one moves a bit slower than I prefer in a thriller, it is packed with suspense and the story is quite gripping. It's also emotional and at times heart-wrenching as secrets are revealed little by little and there are some dark topics covered. The darkest of those secrets comes to light pretty early in the story, but like a snowball, it gets bigger as things progress. Matthew's plan to save Justin does require some suspension of disbelief in order for the story to work, but work it does ...more
Nancee Cain
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book... this psychological thriller with a romance side has everything. It's so fast paced and well written I couldn't put it down. Think Mission Impossible meets The Prince and the Pauper.

Identical twins, Matthew and Justin look alike... but live totally different lives. Matthew has a successful practice, a level headed, funny and compassionate girlfriend and a fat cat named "Slim."

Whereas Justin is housed in a mental hospital for the criminally insane. He has no hope, no life and n
Diane Secchiaroli
Abuse of power

This is a story about twin brothers, one of whom suffers sexual abuse in order to protect his brother and a young girl who is in the same foster home. Justin thinks he has killed his parents in a chemical explosion resulting in him and his brother being placed in foster care. The foster father exploits Justin’s vulnerability and abuses him. There are a couple of additional plots going on at once which enhances the story.
Jacki
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing as it messes with your heart and soul. I felt for these characters that the brothers being identical but very different in many ways and each carrying pain and scars wrapped in secrets. This book takes you on a journey that at every turn you see devastation and pain but also the love the characters have for each other in their little band where bonds formed in a shared childhood but differences experiences within that nearly destroy them all in their adulthood.
Eunice J
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Such a nice change of pace. Not that Jennifer's other books aren't great, but reading a thriller from her was very nice. This story is about the love between brothers and the lengths they go through for each other. Read Jennifer's books, especially this one. You will not be disappointed. ...more
Chele
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is Excellent!!!
Nicki Elson
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Jennifer Lane at her best. Twin Sacrifice gripped me from the first chapter and kept me riveted to the page the entire way through, wondering how in the world the Durante brothers would get themselves out of this one. The suspense in Twin Sacrifice is non-stop and addicting. I eagerly anticipated each chapter to see what ingenious new plot twist was tap.

One thing you can count on in Jennifer Lane books is dynamic characters. In Twin Sacrifice, they've all got so many intense levels and y
Susan Swiderski
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Most people are familiar with the unique bond twins typically share, but the twin brothers in this book have an even tighter bond. You could say it was strengthened and forged under fire... both literal and figurative.

Raised in a foster home after their parents die in a fire, one brother secretly sacrifices himself, his innocence, and his sanity to protect his twin and their foster sister from the despicable pedophile raising them. Years later, when the psychologist brother finds out what his tw
Ellen
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Twin Sacrifice is a gripping psychological thriller with unexpected twists and turns which had me engaged from start to finish. I don't want to give too much away about the plot as the dark secrets which are revealed are what makes this such a page turner. I will say that it centers on a subject which we tend to want to sweep under the carpet as a society. I thought the author captured the repercussions of what happened to key characters masterfully. The characters felt so real that I almost wan ...more
Hazel M Proulx
Carla Todeschini
Aug 18, 2019
BEATRIZ
Dec 09, 2019

• Who She Was (Sylvia Wilcox Mysteries, #1)
  • Russia Girl (A Natalia Nicolaeva Thriller #1)
  • A Litter of Bones (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #1)
  • The Watcher (Acid Vanilla Series Book 1)
  • The Devil's Wire
  • Watching (The Making of Riley Paige #1)
  • Fog City Fraud
  • The Cuba Cage (Hedge & Cole, #4)
  • The Twins (The Twins #1)
  • Icy Stares (Guess The Killer, #1)
  • The Wrong Turn
  • Gorilla Killer: A True Story of Betrayal, Brutality and Butchery
  • Identity Found (The Identity Thrillers #2)
  • Not Like Her (Selena Bailey, #1)
  • Midday
  • Cruel Justice (Lorne Simpkins, #1)
  • 12
  • Sins of the Child
Psychologist/author (psycho author) Jennifer Lane invites you to her world of sports romance and romantic suspense with a psychological twist!

Jen fell in love with sports at a young age and competed in swimming and volleyball in college. She went on to become the Honda Award Winner for Division III Athlete of the Year. She still gets high from the smell of chlorine and the satisfaction of smashing