Start by marking “The Unconventional Governess” as Want to Read:
The Unconventional Governess

The Unconventional Governess

A Mutual Arrangement

Henrietta Gordon has one dream: to practice medicine alongside the uncle who raised her. But when he insists she stay in London and find a husband, she must figure out a way to earn money toward her goal. Could handsome earl Dominic, Lord St. Raven, be the answer?

Desperate to find a governess for his niece after his brother’s death, Dominic hires Henrie
Published April 1st 2018 by Love Inspired Historicals

To ask other readers questions about The Unconventional Governess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unconventional Governess

Start your review of The Unconventional Governess
Kav
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Screeeech!!!! Regency Euphoria alert! And cue the fainting couches because the romantical scenes made my tummy do back-flips and somersaults and loop-de-loops! My senses are all nonsensical as this story is still fresh in my mind so forgive me if this review doesn't make sense. :-)

So -- Dominic -- excuse me while I languish on my fainting couch while I type this because he is such a swoonworthy hero! A little bit brooding (with good reason) and a whole lot appealing. His heart for his niece made
Susan Snodgrass
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering new authors and I love a good Regency. I just read a great Regency and now I have a new author to follow.

Jessica Nelson managed to capture my interest on the first page and held it throughout the book. She has crafted very believable character that I became invested in early on and the plot was wonderfully done as well. I loved every minute and finished in one day! Now I'm off to find more to read by Jessica Nelson.
Harlequin Books
"Henrietta is stubborn and tenacious. Dominic is swoon worthy yet flawed. He wants to change; she’s resistant to change. They are the perfect hero/heroine combination. Even the secondary characters are endearing, including the headstrong Louise, who is the perfect addition to balance things out. The rapport and dynamics between the characters is enjoyable and realistic" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).
Trixi
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off, I love the Regency period! Stories set in this era are automatically my favorite; thanks to Julie Klassen who first introduced me to all things Regency. I think what I like most, is the old-fashioned romance in them. Talk of ladies and lords, fancy balls with high-fashioned gowns & tailored suits gets my heart to melting! Oh and the courting rituals are so quaint and romantic; the lengths a gentleman would go to win the heart of his lady-love. Now, who can resist these types of storie ...more
Sherrinda
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ooooo-lah-lah! I loved this book! The Regency era is one of my favorite eras in romance and this book did not disappoint in any way. The heroine, Henrietta Gordon, is a fiesty, no-nonsense, intelligent woman who can hold her own in the midst of disappointment, gender discrimination, and loss. The hero, Lord Dominic St. Raven, is the new heir to an earldom, a handsome flirt who has a secret that could destroy his ability to take care of his beloved ward, his ability to hold on to his title, and u ...more
jesse
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5/5
Leelo
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
It wasn't bad but I also didn't feel anything about the characters. I liked them well enough, especially Louise (the child Henrietta is governessing), but for the most part, it was just kind of meh.
Ellie
Sep 01, 2018
Christine Maynor
Oct 28, 2018
Marie
rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2020
Kristin Kinman
Feb 18, 2019
Jane
Jun 08, 2018

• Mail-Order Bride Switch (Stand-In Brides)
  • Montana Lawman Rescuer
  • The Weather Machine: A Journey Inside the Forecast
  • Dissenter on the Bench: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Life and Work
  • The Old Guard, Book Two: Force Multiplied
  • Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD, 2nd Edition-Revised and Updated: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized
  • Doctor Who: Death's Deal (Destiny of the Doctor, #10)
  • Make Yourself Cozy: A Guide for Practicing Self-Care
  • The Witcher, Vol. 1: House of Glass
  • The Upside of Falling
  • The Winter Companion (Parish Orphans of Devon, #4)
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #1)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Other Words for Home
  • The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • The Sumage Solution (San Andreas Shifters, #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
My heart is filled with romantic stories, my shelves are loaded with chocolate and my lips are always longing for one more cup of Starbucks. Besides that, I write for Love Inspired Historical and am a happy mom to a bunch of little boys. I love connecting with readers and writers.