Start by marking “Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)

Saving the Sheriff

(Hills of Texas #1)

There’s a storm brewing…

The day his wife died, Sheriff Cash Hill discovered she was leaving him for another man, one she’d loved since before their marriage. How could the single dad ever trust another woman again? But when Georgia’s best friend, Holly, comes back to town, something about Holly’s sweet, sassy vulnerability has his protective instincts kicking in hard.

Holly
Published January 23rd 2018 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Saving the Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving the Sheriff

Dianne
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is save someone from themselves. Sometimes you need to throw yourself under the bus to do so and hope for the best, especially when you are doing the right thing.

Kadie Scott’s SAVING THE SHERIFF is a story of secrets, lies, love and loss and the ugly scars that can be left on the soul if one cannot/will not move forward. When Holly Jensen came back to La Colina, she brought the weight of the past with her, the secrets she kept for her best fr
Joan
This was pottering along until I got to the 90% mark, where Cash dumps his child on Holly's doorstep without any warning, or asking if she could babysit for an entire day, and then he buggers off without a word, leaving the child by herself.

And then he does the same thing again and again - Every time Holly has a day off work, she finds the girl left on her doorstep. And Cash refuses to answer his phone.

I WOULD HAVE CALLED SOCIAL SERVICES!!!

AND I'd have made him take back the blasted kitten he
Anna's Herding Cats
3.5 stars, 3 heat

Well the cover is what snagged me. But the story kept me entertained, too!

The Gist: Holly has had a thing for Cash since they were kids. But her best friend had a drunken fling with him years earlier and wound up pregnant and married to him. After he's widowed and Holly returns home, well, the temptation is there but there are too many secrets in their way.

I liked Holly and Cash. They were both hurt quite a bit by his wife/her best friend who was a pretty selfish chick. Both ha
Runner10
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Kadie Scott and I will definitely be reading her next book. She captures many emotions so be sure to have your tissue close. I laughed and cried. Cash and Holly have to learn a way to leave the past behind and capture the love right before them.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-2018
MY RATING: 4.5/5 STARS

I was provided an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Where do I start with Kadie's newest contemporary release?

Saving the Sheriff is a lot different from the romantic comedies I've been reviewing from her and published by Entangled Romance. It's a small town romance for one. It involves a lot of delicious drama and heartache that made me burst into tears from what the characters say to each other in the heat of the moment. And it's really well written
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of Saving the Sheriff by Kadie Scott that I read and reviewed.
This book was a great book. I really enjoyed the story and look forward to the rest of the series.
Cash and Holly were both great and were really matched well. I also loved the backstory of Holly having a major crush on Cash in high school and her best friend stealing him and circumstances happening that give them a second chance.
This is one of those feel good books that you can's put down because you wa
Shannon Godwin
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Kadie Scott and I was not disappointed at all! I look forward to reading more of her books. Cash & Holly were great. They had to learn to leave the past in the past so that they could move forward. Kadie did a great job and touched my heart with her writing. I am looking forward to reading more of her books.
Sandi Ramirez
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read by author Kadie Scott but ohhhh it will not be the last. I am already ready for the waiting for more books for this author from this series and looking at other books to read that she is written. Let me begin by saying that his author has a style of writing that is really like. It is smooth and almost like I am right there beside her as she is telling this story. The characters are so life like and true to life. They are not sweet or "Oh I love you fall in love with ...more
Maria
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, sexy-hero
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
I really loved this story and its slow pace. I loved how, in the beginning, the hero, Cash, apparently disliked the heroine, fought the attraction that sprang up, but was always succumbing to jealousy. All those initial confusing feelings in a romantic relationship were masterfully handled, gently, with complexity, instead of the usual clichéd approach. His resistance was rather fetching and made him a compelling character, very enjo
Carolyn's
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Very interesting-and I am always a sucker for adorable kids in a story.

The love story of Holly and Cash was a slow dance. Holly has returned to her hometown after promising her friend to always look out for her daughter. This "friend" crushed Holly years ago by being the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak in Holly's feelings for sexy Cash Hill. (A pregnancy will do that after all.)

Cash makes due- marries Georgia and raises their daughter thinking he will have love with that marriage.
Isha Coleman
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
What you don't know can hurt. A lesson Cash learned the hard way. Now he's left to face the fall out of a secretive wife, a devastating loss and single parenthood. What happens when the person you trusted the most, betrays you in the worst way? Saving the Sheriff is a tale of second chances that begins with heartache and ends with forgiveness.
BookSnuggle
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Saving the Sheriff (The Hills of Texas Book 1) by Kadie Scott
This is Sheriff Cash Hill and Holly Jensen’s story.

Cash and Holly have connections from the past. Holly has secretly had a crush on Cash but her best friend ends up pregnant by Cash and then married to him. Cash is now a widower raising his daughter.
Holly has moved back to town and ends up crossing paths with Cash.

An entertaining story with chemistry, miscommunications, and secrets.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of th
Jas
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish I could come up with a solid explanation of why this book worked to well for me but it just did. Maybe it fit the mood I was in last night but everything about it appealed to me- the writing, the setting, the story. I really liked the characters and even if their feelings were rushed and the conflict resolved a little too easily I did not care. I was on board.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Shari
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Holly has always had a secret crush on Cash while growing up but then her best friend married him. Holly has now returned to town as the veterinarian and Cash is a single father and town sheriff. Cash's first wife died in a car accident, after writing a note to him that she was leaving him. Now begins the journey of falling in love between Cash and Holly that will bring out many emotions from the reader.

This is the first book in the series, can't wait to read mo
Tracie R
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
3.5 Stars A good start to the Hills of Texas series Saving the Sheriff has a promising storyline and characters. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Debbie Oxier
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nice read

This was my first time reading this author. I liked the characters and small town setting. Although Cash's wife Georgia, died, he had a beautiful little girl to show for it. Holly had been Georgia's best friend although they'd had a tiff when Georgia made a play for Cash, knowing Holly had feelings for him. Holly left, went away to college, leaving her own sister and brother in foster care, something she feels guilty about. Now, she's back, taking a position in town as the large anima
Jen_C
3.25 stars.

I found the story good but, for me personally, the ranching details/descriptions dragged on enough to lose my interest and the intimate scene was meh. The romantic (kissing) moments in the rest of the book were better written.
Didi
Boy, am I glad I picked this book up! I confess not too keen on that cover (I don’t think that represent the characters in the story well) but the blurb really intrigued me. This is only the second book of Kadie Scott’s I read and definitely my favorite so far!

This first entry to the “Hills of Texas” series is definitely off with a good start. It’s the story about forgiving oneself and be open to brighter possibilities. Saving the Sheriff got strong characters, engaging story, and equally heart-
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Sheriff Cash Hill adored his little daughter so much, he'd move heaven and earth for her and protect her with all his life. When his wife Georgia died, his adorable daughter Sophia  no longer smiled. Part of him died, too. Cash discovered his wife's infidelity when she died and because of that, he never wanted to fall in love nor trust a woman ever again.  Until Georgia's bestfriend Holly Jensen came back to town.  Knowing his wife's dirty little secret, Cash assumed the worst about Holly and de ...more
Patty
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 Ok this is the second book by Kadie Scott that I have had the pleasure of reading.  I must say I am becoming a huge fan.  I already bought her last book the Attraction Equation to read.  I read and reviewed The Wrong Kind of Compatible not long ago and loved it!  So I was not surprised when I read this book, that I would love it.

In this story Sheriff Cash Hill is a single father of a sweet 4-year-old and a recent widower of a year now.  He is struggling through life and can't seem to find his h
Karen
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Kadie Scott and I found it enjoyable. Holly and Cash are loosely connected by Georgia-Holly's best friend and Cash's late wife. Holly has been gone for years for schooling to become a veterinarian for larger animals. She made a promise to keep in touch with Georgia and Cash's young daughter. Both Cash and Holly have a lot of scars to deal with. Holly is trying to honor her promise, but Cash isn't too happy with her as unjustified as his feelings are. He also fights his a ...more
Laura D
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holly had a huge crush on Cash back in high school. Then her best friends Georgia married him and they had a daughter. Holly has refused to think of Cash in that way since they married. Now Cash is a widower and Holly knows secrets that could destroy his family. Cash knows that having Holly back in town can only be trouble. She was Georgia's best friend, she probably knew what Georgia had planned before she died. Sometime you can find strength and forgiveness in the one person you would never ex ...more
Wendy
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feel-good
Review also on my blog: https://nextbookaroundthecorner.wordp...

I think Kadie Scott may be one of my new favorite authors. With Saving The Sheriff she does another great job in creating a wonderful romance with a twist and turn. Whereas The Wrong Kind of Compatible is just very funny, this story has a lot more depth and drama.

Holly is a large animal vet (you know, the tough doctors who feel inside cows up onto their armpits...) who returns home after her studies to work in the only veterinarian
Eileen
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! I loved, loved, loved Saving the Sheriff by Kadie Scott, book one in The Hills of Texas series. This book made me smile, laugh and even tear up. After a night of getting drunk Cash Hill hooked up with Georgia, which led to an unexpected pregnancy and marriage. On the day Georgia died, Sheriff Cash learned that she was leaving him for another man, one she'd loved since before their marriage. Would this single dad ever be able to trust another woman again, especially, Georgia’s best frien ...more
Paula
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

Saving the Sheriff by Kadie Scott is a sweet sexy read that might could have also been titled Saving the Vet. It did seem to me that veterinarian, Holly Jensen was in more need of saving than Sheriff Cash Hill. These main characters have been hurt in the past by a likable but selfish friend in the past. You would want to hate her but then she reminds you of too many people that you actually know. What a reminder that our actions can touch others in profoundly negative ways.

There were several t
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holly is back home in La Colina after college and is hoping that people can just let go of the past and the rumors. She knows that nothing will stop her from looking over he best friends daughter now that she's gone nothing including Cash. Cash is set to do anything and everything to avoid Holly she is everything he doesn't want or so he thinks. But when a secret is reviled he wonders if maybe there is more to her or if he is making the best decision to avoid her. Can they come together as frien ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is a touching story not only about Sheriff Cash Hill and veterinarian Holly Jensen, but also about promises , friendships, losses, regrets, overcoming the past, secrets, family, forgiveness and the possibilities of finding love.
Cash is a widower and with precocious child , Sophie. While the child’s spirit has dimmed since the death of her mother, Cash’s distrust has grown and no longer enjoys happiness.
Holly , has recently moved back to town to become the equine and large animal vet. She ha
Margaret Sholders
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a Cowboy book to read. I found a good one along with an another new author Katie Scott! She has given us a very busy Story Line. It will keep you on your toes! Holly has come home a big animal Vet. She had a hard youth as her Gram died and she is older. She had to put her twin siblings, Noel and Kris, so she could go to College. She is home and tries to stay alone. Then she has visits from Cash, their Sheriff. He was married to her best friend, Georgia died in a car wreck and l ...more
Julie
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance, vet
A sweet story between Holly and Cash.
Cash had rushed into marrying Holly's best friend Georgia after one night a drunken night of passion resulted in a pregnancy. Holly had had a huge crush on Cash for years, the wedding and pregnancy caused a rift between her and her friend for a while which eventually settles and they make up. But then Georgina dies and Cash finds out things which make him doubt every thing that his marriage was and what he has left to love in his life. And Holly finds her lo
Jo
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read previous books from this author, and it is, I think, a mark of her skill that she is able to write so strongly with a completely different tone.

Cash and Holly's story is delivered with aplomb.  Cash has a tendency to be a bit of a jerk when it comes to Holly, but his interactions with his daughter and family are where he is at his best.

As a counterpoint, Holly is a steady, loyal character - at times to her own detriment.

The interaction between the two and the development of the
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award-winning contemporary romance author, Kadie Scott, grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. She attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by earning a degree in English Rhetoric (Technical Writing). However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.

No matter the genre, she loves to wr

Hills of Texas (4 books)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Hills of Texas, #2)
  • Taming the Troublemaker (Hills of Texas, #3)
  • Claiming the Cowboy for Christmas (Hills of Texas #4)