Start by marking “The Jetsons” as Want to Read:
The Jetsons

The Jetsons

(The Jetsons - 2017 #1-6)

The newest addition to the reimagined Hanna-Barbera line is here in THE JETSONS!

Meet George Jetson, a family man living an analog life in a digital world. His wife, Jane, is a brilliant NASA scientist working off-world at a conference, his daughter Judy is a social butterfly trying to discover her calling, and his boy Elroy is either doing homework or using rob
Published July 10th 2018 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Jetsons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jetsons

Anne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those of us who are still waiting for the hover cars we were promised
description

Meet George Jetson.
He's an overworked and underappreciated, albeit brilliant, mechanical engineer for Cosmo Spacely's corporation.

description

His Boy Elroy.
Who has a thing for Lake Cogswell, Spacely's business competitor's daughter.
Ahhhh, the shenanigans those two get into...

His
Crystal
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hope there are more of these.
Very different tone than to the Jetsons I remember but, i love the way the elements and details of the original series are blended into a unique story-line.
Chad
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, hoopla
Who knew Jimmy Palmiotti had it in him to write a poignant family drama about the approaching end of the world. The Jetsons, especially Judy, are all much smarter and well-rounded than they were in the cartoon. Jane is a super scientist tasked with trying to stop a meteorite that will soon strike the Earth. The entire family pitches into help once they becoma aware of the approaching armageddon. Pier Britto's art reminds me of Barry Kitson. He even uses a similar bright color palette found in mu ...more
SuperSillySerra
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked this story, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to anyone....

So far I've been a fan of the hanna-barbera universe. The flintstones was great, all the one shots they have released have been done pretty well. So I was excited to see what the Jetsons had to offer. The story starts off like the show does, with an intro of the family. Each family member has a project of their own to work on and these projects seem to be the main set for the story. AND THATS IT! There's no tensi
Cindy Mooney
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I loved the story, the artwork, all of it. It was surprisingly deep, parts had me balling my eyes out. I couldn't stop reading start to finish.
I just don't know how true to the original Jetsons it all was. I also haven't watched an episode of the Jetsons in over 20 years. I would definitely read more if more volumes come out.
Morgan
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-comics
I was pleasantly surprised by this comic. At first I was excited when I heard they were making this comic, then I saw the art. The art, in my opinion, isn't very good. I wish they had another artist drawing this book. However, I really liked the story. They don't change the characters too much from the original show and they explain why they all live in the sky. This book isn't a comedy though, it's more of a melodrama. I like what they do with Rosie the Robot. Even if you have seen all the epis ...more
Norman Cook
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Writer Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Pier Britto bring new life into an old Hanna-Barbera property. Eschewing the silliness of the cartoon, this incarnation is a serious look at a possible future where Earth is covered with water and people live in flying cities. When a strange meteor appears headed towards the Earth to kill its remaining life, it's up to brilliant scientist Jane Jetson and ace mechanical genius George Jetson to figure out how to save the day.

The entire Jetson family are fully rea
Adam Fisher
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
What would the Jetsons look like if it was a little more serious, and the tech felt upgraded to a realistic level given the tech we have today? This graphic novel.
The dynamic is still the same, but with a few changes...
-George still works at Spacely Sprockets, but is the only technician that understands how to work with all kinds of different tech, instead of being the tech idiot he was on the show.
- Jane, no longer that "lady of society" that she portrayed in the cartoon (her 50's
Dan
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my second of the new DC/Hanna-Barbera mashups (the first being Wacky Raceland) and I have to say, not really expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised. If I had to chose what it was a mashup with, I'd have to say it's a bit of the Jetsons meets Lost in Space, that kind of thing.
We get a quick introduction to the characters and there are a few riffs on the classic theme song along the way. This is a more realistic take on the Jetsons, with an interesting explanation for why all of
Dubzor
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Synia
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a good sci-fi comic but has nothing to do with the Jetsons at all. Just like the Snagglepuss and Flintstones reimaginings. I don't really know who this is for. I'd say this is The Jetsons for adults, but since they changed so much about the core dynamics and logic and appearance of the show it's not really a commentary or expansion of the original. ( I recently rewatched the Harvey Birdman episode related to the Jetsons and that explored way more ideas and fallacies presented in the origina ...more
Jaime Guzman
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
DC's update of Hanna-Barbera's classic cartoon characters, The Jetsons, is an enjoyable read. George is an indispensable employee of Spacely Space Rockets and Jane is a scientist for N.A.S.A who team up together to stop a world-wide extension event being brought on by an oncoming meteor.
All the characters from the classic TV cartoon including family members Elroy, Judy, robot maid Rosie, and their dog Astro.
Writer Jimmy Palmiotti does a great job in giving us the background on what happened to
B
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
So I recognize Jane Jetson has to have an upgrade because she's not really a character (consistent with certain mores of the times).

But George Jetson is not a brilliant workaholic. He's kind of a normal dude. He works a blue-collar button-pushing job.

I guess the whole cosmic thing generally . . . . It kind of walks away from the heart of the Jetsons, which is about George and his attempts to get off crazy things (alternating with wonder-joys of super-brilliant middle-clas
Ashleigh Mattern
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not The Jetsons you remember. Essentially, DC has taken the name of the family and reinvented the story. Futuristic and fun, The Jetsons also tackles more difficult subjects like global warming and the war-like nature of human beings. The dialogue is occasionally stilted, and once in awhile the expressions on the characters' faces don't seem to match their words, which led to a few incongruous moments. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable read, and I'll likely pick up more of the comics in the ...more
Ashley
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was okay, an interesting take on the classic cartoon. I liked how each of the Jetsons were portrayed, and I thought the story was pretty neat - it was actually pretty exciting and gave some good explanations for why things were the way they were. I wasn't a big fan of the artwork, I don't know if it was all the skin-tight clothing or just the way it was drawn in general, but I didn't love it.

All in all, an interesting story, and a satisfying ending.
Joe Jones
This is another of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons being reimagined in comic form. It takes a different tone from the old cartoon and started off really well. I read this in individual comics as it came out and was disappointed in the last issue. For all the promise it was not as good an ending as I hoped. It was still fun to visit again with a cartoon of my childhood!
Sharon
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
3.5 stars, rounded up.

It's definitely the Jetsons you remember! (Well, their names anyway. Pretty much only that.) A well-constructed family drama that explains why everyone lives in the sky, and has a potential earth-crushing disaster looming. Roles are updated and interesting. Nothing amazing but well done.
E.Y.E.-D
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting read. I had some doubts about an updated Jetsons, but this was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the story and the art was ok. I am hoping there are more of these to read as I would like to see what the future of the world holds.
Liz
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty cute reimagining of the Jetsons with some clever interpretations of the old cartoon. Some of the artwork was a little stale but I loved revisiting their world! #24in48readathon #24in48
M (aka DarkBeauty73)
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge, 2018, tpb
Having watched the Jetsons as a kid I was keen to read a new mini series about them. I wasn't disappointed. The art work and the story, was wonderful from start to finish. The story itself makes you stop and think about life and the what the future holds.
Nicolas Hall
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this reimagining of the Jetsons! One of my favorite comics of 2018.
Doug
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. George Jetson is a badass. Actually, the whole Jetson clan, but especially George!
James
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comicbooks, dc-marvel
Interesting Technology and a serious spin on the cartoon. It definitely didn't end how I thought it would. Lots of questions about life after death.
David Y'all
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Did not expect to be moved by this.
Sesana
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
As a science fiction story, it's decent. As the Jetsons? I guess it's ok. Turning Rosie into George's mother's consciousness in a robot body is... a choice, I guess.
Daniel Stalter
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was really good. I wish it was getting a second volume.
Mjspice
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting. Altho I don't see why these have to be so dark.
Gail
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not the Jetsons I watched as a kid, but an enjoyable ride!
Beth
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, hoopla
Creative re-imagining of the Jetson's universe. I enjoyed it a lot (I am also a huge Jetson's fan from long ago). The explanation of Rosie's existence is probably one of my favorite parts.
Nathan Blaser
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good take on a beloved series. Love the tone and pacing. More of a cliche story but not bad.
James "Jimmy" Palmiotti is an American writer and inker of comic books, who also does writing for games, television and film.

Photo by Luigi Novi.

The Jetsons - 2017 (6 books)
  • The Jetsons (2017-) #1