Start by marking “Havesskadi” as Want to Read:
Havesskadi

Havesskadi

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Nevmis, the red dragon, is hunting her own. Up in the icy peaks of the northern mountains, Orsie spends his lonely days hiding from her, but eventually he is found and his dragon magic stolen. Cursed to wander the lands as a mortal unless he recovers his magic before twenty-four rising crescents have passed, Orsie embarks on an arduous journey. Spurred by the whispers in h ...more
Published February 28th 2018 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Havesskadi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Havesskadi

Serena Yates
Dragons! ‘Havesskadi’ is one of nine stories in the ‘For the Hoard’ collection, and it is yet another intriguingly different look at dragonshifters. In this fictional world that feels like it’s set in the past, dragons carry their magic inside themselves, use it to build their homes, and rely on its presence for health and long life. It is possible to steal this magic, or anaskett, and while it used to be greedy humans who did this, now there is a dragon who has been corrupted by all the anasket ...more
Sibil
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: readtoreview
3. 5 stars
Thanks to NetGalley and to the editor. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book has an interesting idea and has dragons so... yeah, I was expecting quite a lot. And some of my expectations were disappointed because it's a good read, yes, but it's not a book... it's more a long story, and they're not the same thing!
In a book we have characters with depths, and if the book is a good book then we have also secondary characters of some relevance, and the s
Santy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I requested this book because I found the blurb intriguing and felt it would at least be an interesting read, if nothing else. I'm glad I did.

This book was fascinating. You could tell that the world-building around the dragons was well thought out because it showed in its fantastic delivery. I loved reading all about dragon lore in this story and how their physical and magical characteristics affected their lives as well as the lives of the physical world around them.

This story made
Laure Nepenthes
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for a fair review.

This was a great read! Havesskadi is beautifully written, with vivid, immersive prose and its novel, well-thought-out worldbuilding. It's a story about love, enduring hardships, and how no man (or dragon) is an island. The pace is more contemplative in the first half of the book, before everything picks up in the second half. The ending left me hanging for more, and I hope the author will consider writing a sequel to expand
Minerva
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves fantasy, dragons and queer characters
Queer dragons and wonderful world-building; what more can you wish for?

This is a great fantasy romance with exciting, sad, cute and funny moments. At times, the beautiful language made me want to read pieces out loud, like a bard telling this story of old in one of the taverns Orsie stops to work at.
I loved the interesting new concepts in this universe, (view spoiler)
Tessa
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inventive dragon lore, queer characters, love for snow... Good ingredients for a good book :D
Dannica Zulestin
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, quiltbag
I quite liked this story of adventure and romance. Lots of queer dragon books coming out right now...it's good stuff.

The Premise
Orsie is a dragon. Long, long lifespan, two forms (one humanoid and one full blown dragon) and a jewel he keeps inside himself called an "anaskett". But one day a fellow dragon named Nevmis, old and insane, steals his anaskett. If he can't get it back he will slowly turn into a human and then die.

Arkeva is just an archer, until he shoots an arrow at a dragon and wanders
Sadie Forsythe
2.5
This isn't horrible, but it's too long by half and heavily dependent on two people not having a conversation that the continued avoidance of feels manipulated and unnatural. Further, there's very little character development and almost no actual characters beyond the two main ones. I also have questions about these all important dragon souls. It's an interesting idea, but not nearly well enough explained. All in all, it's a sweet story, but it's a poorly executed book.
Kathleen Luckenbill
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not very good with reviews. But this story is beautiful. And everyone should read it.
Aunbrey
Hazel Bowen
Mar 20, 2018
Rinkyx
Mar 21, 2018
Less Than Three P...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway - Havesskadi by Ava Kelly - CLOSED 15 30 Feb 23, 2018 09:54AM
Ava Kelly is an engineer with a deep passion for stories. Whether reading, watching, or writing them, Ava has always been surrounded by tales of all genres. Their goal is to bring more stories to life, especially those of friendship, compassion, understanding, and comfort.