Start by marking “Changing Loyalties (Shadows of Melbourne #1)” as Want to Read:
Changing Loyalties (Shadows of Melbourne #1)

Changing Loyalties

(Shadows of Melbourne #1)

When Dahlia finds the body of her father, a werewolf brutally murdered and left to die alone, she's left with more questions and grief than answers. But who or what killed him remains unknown, and it soon becomes clear her father isn't the killer's only target.

Adding to the growing pile of mysteries in her life is the new job—for a company that seems to be run by the kind
Paperback
Published January 24th 2018 by Less Than Three Press (first published October 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Changing Loyalties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Loyalties

Lex Kent
2.5 Stars. Unfortunately, this was not my cup of tea. I love paranormal books, and try to read just about any lesfic paranormal book I can get my hands on. Vamps, werewolves, this should have been right up my alley but I just could not connect with it. This is the 2018 version released by LT3 Press, I am not sure how much this story has changed since when it used to be called Gothic.

Dahlia is in her early 20’s and is a student in University in Australia. What is different about Dahlia is that he
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

There’s nothing worse than being told how special and talented a character is, without ever seeing the proof for yourself. In CHANGING LOYALTIES, Dahlia has always been the dividing line between the werewolf and vampire factions. CHANGING LOYALTIES is part murder mystery, part paranormal romance. However, it’s almost immediately clear who the murderer is and who the end love interest is.

There’s a lot of potential in a polyamorous, goth main character,
Nicole Field
Apr 13, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
There are plans for re-inventing and publishing Gothic as Changing Loyalties with Less Than Three Press in 2018. Preorder information available here.
Alexa
I received a copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Can I start with how beautiful the cover is?

Honestly, I feel like this book had a lot of good ideas, but many of them weren't executed too well.

I loved the main character being a human who is adopted by both werewolves and vampires, and I absolutely loved the vampire godmother who keeps food around just for her! Still, other than Al and Luca, I didn't really get a family-feeling from the werewolf pack at all, and I was really
Ashley Torbeck
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good young adult book, vampires, werewolves, or anything supernatural!
I literally could not stop reading it. The storyline is fresh, the characters are unique, and I really enjoyed reading this book. Were there flaws? Yes. Does every book have flaws? Of course. For Gothic, I don't feel the flaws outweighed the positives, and this book ended up being a phenomenal read. I posted a full review and breakdown of this book on www.drunkenspacepenguin.blogspot.com if you would like to read more. Here is a little excerpt of my full review:

"The story is well written, and on
Sue McGarvie
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok!! Now this was a book I may have to read again in the future. It was highly enjoyable and complex. The characters were completely endearing, I found Dhalia could be my next door neighbor or my friend from work. She's trying so hard to be normal, to have some true-human life that it seems almost like she doesn't think of herself as it. Renee is funny and silly yet a wonderful friend. Annabelle was one of my two favorite characters, she is all she has to be and yet still a lot more, I would lov ...more
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Dahlia is ready to embrace university life. After growing up with her vampire godmother Annabelle and a werewolf foster dad and brother, Dahlia is ready to enjoy life without the paranormal. In one of her classes she meets Elliot who is not only a friend of her godmother’s but is a vampire as well. Then tragedy strikes again and the werewolf father she hadn’t seen since her mother’s funeral is killed. Now her mother is back as a ghost and she finds out that the werewolves are being targeted.

Unf
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Dahlia walks a fine line between the vampire who raised her and the wolves of her heritage. An attempt to live in the human world fails when her life careens out of control, and she must change her thinking.

In a world where vampires and wolves live, only the strong survive. Dahlia must make her own way after having lived only on the fringe.

The ties between supernatural beings have always been there, if not visible. Now someone would like to draw the line and separate the species. The next genera
Melissa
Nadine Stoelman
Jul 21, 2014
Brenda Rozán
Sep 25, 2014
Less Than Three P...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway - Changing Loyalties by Nicole Field - CLOSED 9 27 Jan 22, 2018 01:06PM
Nicole writes across the spectrum of sexuality and gender identity. She lives in Melbourne with one of her partners, two cats, a whole lot of books and a bottomless cup of tea.

Co-creator of Queer Writers Chat and reviewer for Just Love: Queer Book Reviews. Also likes tea, crochet and Gilmore Girls.

Her books are available on: Amazon | Publisher | B&N | Smashwords | Netgalley

Shadows of Melbourne (2 books)
  • Revelry (Shadows of Melbourne, #2)