Start by marking “Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)

Unravel the Dusk

(The Blood of Stars #2)

The thrilling sequel to SPIN THE DAWN, a magical series steeped in Chinese culture.

Maia Tamarin’s journey to sew the dresses of the sun, the moon and the stars has taken a grievous toll. She returns to a kingdom on the brink of war. The boy she loves is gone, and she is forced to don the dress of the sun and assume the place of the emperor’s bride-to-be to keep the peace.

Expected publication: July 7th 2020 by Knopf

To ask other readers questions about Unravel the Dusk, please sign up.
Quyen Yes. This Book is intended as the sequel to "Spin The Dawn"

Start your review of Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars, #2)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is good! This is better! This is soooo sooo much better than the first book! My favorite tailor after Coco Chanel is back! And she is struggling not to turn into a completely demon to run for any political carriers and keep her gold heart to protect her family and her love of her life, Edan.
So yes, at the end of the first book, Maia’s identity has been revealed, her mask already fell down. Everybody knows she is not his brother. She is she and she is talented. But what they don’t know that
✨ A ✨
Jul 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release
The covers for this series is the kind of quality that other YA fantasy should be striving for. It's just so beautiful
_

I'm not gonna lie, I am d e s p e r a t e for this.
___
My review of Spin the Dawn
♠ TABI ♠
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
dangggg this cover came out ready to slap everyone with beauty
Destroyer   Of Ships
WHAT A CLEVER NAMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! unravel the dusk. I have hopes for the cover being fiery and gorgeous. Ofcourse, expectations are skyhigh after reading book 1 because holy fuck.

UPDATE 1\11\19

WE HAVE A COVER OR AT LEAST I SAW IT NOW.

MY guess was righhttttttt, it is redddd! cannot wait for this. an arc would be deadly amazingggg.
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
MINE!!!

This book is MINE!

... starting July 7th 2020
Mary S. R.
Someone please kindly send me the address and info of this series' bleeding cover artist...

I have a kidnapping to plan, and a precious and delicate art (also known as torture) to learn—I will make her design my entire life, you just mark my words

Related books:
• Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
arini ☆彡
Oct 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
#1 spin the dawn — 3.75 stars
#2 unravel the dusk (??)

COVER REVEAL

omg bless my eyes!! look at how gorgeous this cover is. love the fiery red and gold color schemes. it's G L O R I O U S.

(to be read)
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
Ahh the covers for these books! They are to die for! <3 <3
Kathryn Speckels (Metaphors and Miscellanea)
I AM SO EXCITED. I can't believe I got approved for this one on NetGalley. Oh my gosh. I can't wait!!
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
I cannot even express how happy I am BUT GUYS I HAVE AN ARC OF THIS BOOK OMG.

Thank you Random House Children’s and Knopf Books for the ARC.

....

SPIN THE DAWN:

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
R.F. Gammon
Jan 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
*smashes Want to Read*

*cries because she wants to smash pre-order but doesn't know if it'w worth buying books when college looms*
Cillian
Someone please help me! Do I read my ARC of this (it'll be out in July 2020 and fuck knows when the third one will be released) or do I wait?

Gluttony or prudence?
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
I NEED THIS BOOK! The ending of book one was too much lol. Cannot wait for this!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Just got approved for this pretty looking thing. I hope I enjoy it more than the first book.
- - -
Well if there's one thing I like about this series it's the covers. Even despite the my general aversion to cover models, I've liked both of the covers in this series.
Annabelle Ulaka
Jan 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
JULY 7TH

That's the day i'll come out of hibernation. I'll be okay as long as i continuosly see that cover in my dreams.
Ashley
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
That cover tho

So so so so beautiful!
Sydni
A long time ago, a foolish girl was asked to weave the sun, embroider the moon, and paint the stars, three impossible tasks she did not believe she could accomplish. But that foolish girl was lucky, even more so because those three impossible tasks freed the boy she loved.

I’m currently crying in bed. This past week i’ve just been very sad and so I’ve gotten extremely invested into every book i’ve read and this was no different

I LOVED the first book. The characters, the story, the writing!!
Salena
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Spin the Dawn was one of my favorite books last year so I was highly anticipating this next one. While I didn't dislike it I didn't like it as much as the first one.

Spin the Dawn tells the story of a girl named Maia who impersonates her brother to enter a tournament to be the imperial tailor for the emporer. While competing she has the help of some magic scissors to make some unique dresses. She makes some friends, enemies and starts to fall under the charms of the imperial enchanter.

This is a
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-read-arcs
I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Bryn
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Considering I read an ARC of Spin the Dawn over a year ago, I was beyond elated to be getting Unravel the Dusk early too.

Lim jumps us quickly back into her mesmerizing world. But this time, it's darker, grimmer, the bodies fall fast and our heroine is falling too.

Overall, this book was satisfying and as rich and lavish as the first. But something about the jolt into darkness - I was either not in the mood for it, or the ending of the first book didn't establish enough of a bridge to guide my
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Sep 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
"THE BLOOD OF STARS and an untitled sequel were pitched as Project Runway meets THE WRATH AND THE DAWN. To provide for her family, 17-year-old Maia Tamarin disguises herself as a boy to compete for the position of imperial tailor. Her task to sew three magical gowns of the sun and moon and stars leads her to find adventure, romance, and danger in a Chinese-inspired fantasy set along a re-imagined Silk Road."

Okay so I read The Wrath and the Dawn duology in a single day so...
FloeticFlo
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Unravel the Dusk has a different feel than Spin the Dawn. The stories are definitely related, and it was an easy flow from the first into the second, but the two stories were also quite distinct in their tone and execution. In the first book, Maia is discovering her true self though various trials. In the second, she is fighting to stay this girl she discovered. Unravel the Dusk gave us more time with a few characters from the first book -- I really enjoyed that. Ammi was one. Another was one of ...more
➳ Christie  ➳
Oct 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Ommmggg that COVER ...more
Kilikina
I still need to read Spin the Dawn, but this is hands down one of the most stunning covers I've EVER seen in my entire life. WOW!
Ananya Singh
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
I crave this, definitely count me in!
Keeana
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: by-asian-authors
that title <3
Marilyn
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cant wait to see where this story takes us next.
Jackie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Well with a release date that happens to be my birthday I figured this would be a thrilling end to a series and I wasn’t wrong.

“Unravel the Dusk” finds Maia struggling to control the demon that lurks within her soul hungry for complete control as she tries her best to maintain peace in the kingdom but when things go south she finds herself on the run from royal guards but with each step she takes she finds herself moving closer to ghosts calling her home.

I was a little nervous going in to this
Tina
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a perfect sequel to Spin the Dawn. I highly recommend reading it and obviously the first one as well. I can't wait to see what Elizabeth Lim comes out with in the future.

*I received an advanced copy from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beyond the Shadowed Earth
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Weight of a Soul
  • Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
  • House of Dragons (House of Dragons, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
  • Foul Is Fair
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
Elizabeth Lim grew up on a hearty staple of fairy tales, myths, and songs. Her passion for storytelling began around age 10, when she started writing fanfics for Sailor Moon, Sweet Valley, and Star Wars, and posted them online to discover, "Wow, people actually read my stuff. And that's kinda cool!" But after one of her teachers told her she had "too much voice" in her essays, Elizabeth took a ...more

The Blood of Stars (2 books)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)