Start by marking “Walk It Off, Princess” as Want to Read:
Walk It Off, Princess

Walk It Off, Princess

A brand new collection of never before published articles from the New York Times Bestselling author of The Internet is a Playground, That's Not How You Wash a Squirrel and Wrap it in a Bit of Cheese Like You're Tricking the Dog.

“Absolutely hilarious! One of the funniest books of the year.”
The Guardian

“Guaranteed to leave you in stitches.”
The Boston Globe

“I once st
Published December 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Walk It Off, Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walk It Off, Princess

Start your review of Walk It Off, Princess
jv poore
My pattern of buying the newest David Thorne book, reading it and laughing until my eyes cry (even when reading in public), then buying a couple more copies to donate to my favorite classroom library continues with Walk It Off Princess. Few things bring me as much joy as seeing books I've donated sitting on students' desk and when I actually see them reading and hear them chuckling, it's gold.
Ashleigh
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Another collection of funny essays and articles from author David Thorne's life. If I'm honest, this has been my least favourite book I've read by him. I understand that he more than likely exaggerates most of the stories he includes, but it felt like he was trying too hard with this one, and I wasn't laughing like I normally do.

I did like the story about how he was conned by a man in the early 2000s. That story felt genuine and it's interesting when he lets down his guard and confesses to a vul
Kawen
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital-kindle
Outra leitura divertida, e o primeiro livro de 2018 :D
Matt
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't typically seek out books that would be classified as "humor," but I was browsing in the library and the jacket described Thorne as a copywriter (hey! I'm one, too!) among other things, and so I gave it whirl, and while I've been known to chuckle at something funny in a book on occasion, what makes this book a standout is the handful of times I let out a real guffaw. Thorne has a real penchant for crafting (or recalling) witty dialogue and a keen eye for life's absurdities, and since I'm ...more
Philibusted
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Subtly not so subtle humor. (Russian ice breakers, indeed.)

I particularly enjoyed the scathing veracity that the author may or may not gave presented his tragically (for the most part) afflicted supporting cast. His wife, Holly, is probably going to be up for sainthood by the end of her days.

I also appreciated the underlying theme of appreciating how the joys we find in life, the people that we love, often come into our lives through a combination of misery and fortune - a message perhaps meant
Terry Collins
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thorne NEVER disappoints, and his latest book is no exception. Literally one of the few writers that I actually "laugh out loud" at while reading. The introduction (with David's edits to same) alone is screamingly funny, and sets the tone for the rest of this collection of essays ... which also continues to show his maturation as a writer, with some of the stories he shares offering up more bittersweet lessons learned from his experiences. A keeper.
Heather
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it. Love it. Don't have anything intensely insightful to say about it. I just love his stuff and they're fun little fluff reads for me, seeing him be silly and fuck with people. They don't help me process my emotional issues or any of that nonsense. They are just a lovely diversion. I support everything he does. Also I notice about 3000 typos in the ebooks, but I'm guessing he doesn't have a proper editor for his shit, so par for the course.
S
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely dreadful

Whilst trying hard to grow up into a sensible and responsible adult i yet again read another one of these books. Now it's just moaning at the cats and making childish comments about literally everything. For the love of God stop writing this c##p. My family think I'm 12 years old.
Vasili Sviridov
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice mix of melancholy and hilarity. Written in a similar autobiographic style that "Wrap it in a bit of cheese..." was. Sometimes it's hard to tell what is fiction and what has really happened, so some of the more somber episodes are quite jarring at first. The swimming cap prank bit had me laughing so hard I was in tears...
Elizabeth
Good, but really not as funny as his first book. I didn't feel compelled to keep reading, and mainly just finished out of obligation. How strong suits of his previous books is usually on his snarky conversations with others. I don't get very much of that from this book.
Vincent Rey
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As hilarious as I had expected. What surprised me was the amount of tenderness and heart in most of the entries.
Highly enjoyable. Classic David Thorne.
Kav Van der linden
David Thorne rarely disappoints me. Finished this in a day because putting it down was not an option. Not only hilarious, but occasionally touching, and he has this comfortable momentum in the way he writes.
Gwendlyn Drayton
David Thorne still has the ability to make me burst into fits of laughter while reading. The way he writes enables me to imagine the scene in my head and that just makes me laugh out loud every time 😁
George Shafer
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great and Funny Book!

I have read all of David’s books and have found them all funny. His sense of humor tickles my funny bone every time. Cannot wait for the next one.
Barbara
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I, personally favor the life’s motto, “Suck it up, Princess”. But, this preference in no way diminished my enthusiasm for David’s latest tome. Read it.
Kelly Massey
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I start writing a review for this book a snarky Thorne-esque response comes to mind. So instead I'll leave the five-star review for hilarity and simply end with, "Walk It Off, Princess."
Nikky
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thorne's books manage to capture the banality of everyday experiences in an uncommonly relatable style. The titular story—which makes up half of the book—is of particular good quality.
Ron
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical David Thorne. Humor that makes you laugh out loud, cringe, roll your eyes and feel bad that you actually laughed at that.
Diana
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining quick read but not as funny as The Internet is a Playground and it was really pricey to get in Canada.
Jean-sébastien Goulet
It was a very decent little book. Lots of good laughs as usual with David Thorne. Keep em coming David!
Karla
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Uneven, but when it's funny, it's really funny.
Ronan Dunne
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Funny Stories

Good noon wrote by David. Some funny email exchanges in the book along with some funny stories. Definitely a enjoyable read .
Reggie Malz
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!!! Read his first book, it’s the best of all of them... then read the series!
Tina
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy, funny, non-fiction
As always, David Thorne is hysterically funny. This book offered more insights into his personal life, which I found both humorous and touching. This is Thorne at his best. Recommended.
Johan Söderström
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Good but not hilarious

I did get some good laughs and chuckles and generally enjoyed the book but it's not really like his first work, which is genius
Jenette
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The humour and wit in this book at one point had me giggling so much I thought I would cry. I immediately bought another of his.
Tore
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a light and short read, but entertaining! Perfect for a flight, or a few hours train trip.
Daniel
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious.
Sonja Wright
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the book for p.75 “Cantilevers”. Absolutely beautifully written. The whole book is hilarious as all get out.
Thiago d'Evecque
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Não é tão bom quanto o primeiro, mas ainda assim é divertido. Não existe cara mais filho da puta que esse.

• The Timewaster Letters
  • The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment
  • Armchair Economist: Economics & Everyday Life
  • More Sex Is Safer Sex: The Unconventional Wisdom of Economics
  • Bones - the Mystery of Plympton Cottage
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • Swing Shift 2 (Swing Shift, #2)
  • The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World
  • Thanks A Thousand: A Gratitude Journey
  • The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
  • Misogynies
  • Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
  • Castle of the Noobs (Noobtown, #3)
  • Be Calm: Proven Techniques to Stop Anxiety Now
David Thorne is an Australian humourist, satirist, Internet personality and New York Times best-selling author. His work has been featured on the BBC, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Thorne gained public recognition in late 2008 for an email exchange in which he attempts to pay an overdue bill with a drawing of a seven-legged spider. ...more

News & Interviews

“I’m not a huge fan of poetry. I’ll accept the argument that it’s an art form - being an expression of the imagination - but by that broad definition, so are Etch-A-Sketch drawings and Magic Aqua Sand sculptures. I don’t think anyone really likes poetry, apart from the ones writing it, and they only really like their own.” 1 likes