Start by marking “Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)

Ruthless King

(Mount Trilogy #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  16,978 ratings  ·  1,990 reviews
Get ready for the darker and dirtier side of New Orleans with a brand new alpha romance from USA Today bestselling author Meghan March.

New Orleans belongs to me.
You don’t know my name, but I control everything you see—and all the things you don’t.
My reach knows no bounds, and my demands are always met.
I didn’t need to loan money to a failing family distiller
Published October 17th 2017 by Meghan March LLC

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless King, please sign up.
Kelly Meghan had initially planned to make this a single book. But, he sort of took over her life and there was far too much information to fit into one…moreMeghan had initially planned to make this a single book. But, he sort of took over her life and there was far too much information to fit into one single book. She didn't want to cheat her readers by cutting out enough to bring it down to a single book. During the Summer, she sent everyone a video explaining this and indicated that she was breaking his story into three separate books. But, the good thing about Meghan's cliff hanger stories is that she tends to release them all close together. So, Ruthless King is being released in October, Defiant Queen is released in November and Sinful Empire will be released in December. If you do not like reading a cliff hanger, just hold out until December and binge read them.(less)
Samantha
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  16,978 ratings  ·  1,990 reviews

Start your review of Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Ruthless King, book 1 of 3. To pay her debts Keira is pulled into a depraved game of secrets & seduction!

“You’ve already been marked. Lachlan Mount owns your ass, regardless of whether he’s tapped it yet. No one else will touch you because they’ll want to keep their limbs intact.”

Books in Mount trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Ruthless King
Book 2: Defiant Queen
Book 3: Sinful Empire

Ruthless King (book 1) opens up to widow Keira Kilgore, Ke-ke learning that her deceased husband took out a loan, using her distillery as collateral, with New OrEmpire
Ruthlessorder:
Bookseduction!
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Um, may we just have a moment of silence for my ovaries? Because they fought the good fight, but those suckers completely combusted in the mere presence of Lachlan Mount. I'm talking total ovary obliteraticlass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars

I love books with this shtick and I love Meghan March. Lachlan Mount is my favorite type of anti-hero and I really enjoyed this one.

I do think this (and the entire series, actually) is a little overpriced though ($4.99 each at the time of this review).
Meghan March
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
I've never been this excited to introduce a brand new story to you!!

Lachlan Mount didn't just pop into my head. No...he took over my life. He's an alpha like I've never written or read before, and October 17 cannot come fast enough!

In my opinion, this is the best story I've ever written. I have no idea how I'll ever top it. I stayed up countless nights, writing in the dark, and there were no rules.

Mount is law unto himself, and I can't wait for you to experien
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
—>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<—
Ruthless King....is EXACTLY that. You should hate him. Loathe him. But good god almighty, I FUCKING LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!! It’s 3:30am and I am seriously so full of adrenaline that I might not sleep tonight. THIS BOOK!! It’s the dirtiest of the dirty. The sexiest of the sexy. Hottest of the hot. And so god damn wrong that it’s pure PERFECTION. I can’t even form comprehensive thoughts right now. I am not saying anything about this book. Just that Lachlan
Coco.V
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"But tell me the truth about one thing. When was the last time you were fucked by a real man? Someone who knows what you need. Someone who’ll take control from you and give you what you’ve been dying for."

What a thrill ride!

I absolutely loved it! There wasn't a moment that I didn't enjoy in this book. I have been anxious to read it and once again Meghan March delivered. She did an absolute amazing job with this story. Brilliantly written and so intense I just couldn’t put it down. This book had my
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I feel his touch like it’s bathed in fire, a scorching trail in its wake.

I’ve read plenty of Meghan March’s books and this has got to be ”Hands Down” the dirtiest and steamiest story she has written! I wasn’t sure if it was going to be a winner with me since we get just the tiniest glimpse of the hero, Lachlan Mount, during the prologue and then he doesn’t returAuthor}
I
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RUTHLESS KING: is a dark read by Meghan March and is the first book within the Mount Trilogy. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ In this we meet Keira Kilgore and Lachlan Mount. This is also a new author to me *hangs head in shame - crawls back under rock*

As soon as you start this life gets put on hold you get so absorbed in the storyline that seconds, minutes, hours just disappear. All your energy is focused on the story, and nothing else..

Mount is someone you never want to meet, he’s your worst night
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lawd have mercy! Ruthless King is hot AF! Like off the charts, he owns my soul kind of hot!!

Meghan March promised something different and she delivered in a major way. While the overall setup and character attributes are slightly different from her norm, the amazing writing and intriguing plot remains the same. Ruthless King is an FANTASTIC read AND Lachlan Mount is Meghan's sexiest heroes....EVER! I love a strong, dark, dangerous, and mysterious male lead and she gives us all that plus more--MOUNT OWNED ME!

I'll s
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Lachlan Mount is the King of New Orleans; he gets what he wants, when he wants it, and people don't dare to question him. He's the epitome of an anti-hero with all his intense sexiness. We only got to get in his head a few times with his POV but I loved those moments and getting to see how intense he was. I should probably hate him for being such a pushy bastard with Keira but it made me fall for him hard.

Once he decided Keira Kilgore wa
Aisling Zena
5 Black, Gold and White stars

Review now posted 24/10/17

I should have waited. I do this to myself every time. I know the author, I know it's going to be a good book since I haven't one or two starred any of her books, I know it's going to be a cliffhanger and I just can't resist! That cover,that glimpse of Lachlan in the Beneath series just spurred me on and now I'm stuck waiting. Not a long wait but still that cliffhanger left me hanging.

Lachlan Mount owns New Orleans. Nothing happens without his say so. He's a vistars
Review
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
****WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW****

This is one of those books that's got rave reviews, everyone talking about how exciting and amazing this was and then... there's me.

Bored as fuck.

Completely unimpressed with the lack of originality, the flat characters, the weak storyline, the cringe-worthy dirty talk from the hero, the god awful inner monologues from our heroine who felt the need to incessantly repeat how much of a “BASTARD” the hero is and how much she hates him but oh my godddddd why are my panties wet?

****WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW****

Bored as fuck.

How many times can she repeat how the distillery is in debt? How she refuses to let it fail? How much she hated her husband? How much she won’t let the hero fuck with her head?
I can answer that. TOO MANY TIMES.

Speaking of the hero: what a sad excuse for an anti-hero. Not once did we actually SEE the big bad man he’s made out to be. All we get is chatter from the other characters about rumors they’ve heard and things he’s supposedly done. Am I supposed to connect with or believe this guy is some cut throat killer when we get, like what, 4 lines out of him? And most of them are empty threats? Stop telling me what a badass he is AND SHOW ME.

Even if this changes in books 2 and 3, I wasn’t impressed with the writing enough to even want to continue.

“When was the last time you were fucked by a real man? Someone who knows what you need. Someone who’ll take control from you and give you what you’ve been dying for.”

“Property of no man?
Bullshit.
Keira Kilgore is mine.”

The ‘Husband comes back from the dead’ twist?

And from what I've been told, this twist is barely mentioned in the next book and really serves no purpose. So it's basically added as shock value and to lure readers to book 2?

“I’m going to fuck you like you’ve been begging a man to fuck you your entire life…”

All around - WEAK.

Find Me On:
InstagramFB PageFB BlogBlogTwitter
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 hot stars

From the moment I read the synopsis this book was highly anticipated, I knew it will be something else!Ruthless King was a compelling story, it has everything I crave in a story.It was dark,super hot , fast paced and the ending make me needing more.

description

Keira became one of my favorite heroines.She is tough,sassy and she doesn't afraid to say her opinion.Lachlan Mo
Olga therebelreader
Oh thank God that ended like that! Sorry had to get that out first. I'm still in shock actually, but one thing is for sure. I can’t wait for the next book!

The male lead, Mount, is the King of New Orleans. He oozes money, confidence, power and sexuality. He is used to getting what he wants. He is ruthless, unapologetic, totally dominating. Keira is the CEO of a dying family whiskey distillery. She is determined to revive the failing company but when she finds out of her late deceased husband’s enorm
Sophia Triad
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lachlan Mount...
"Lachlan Mount is not someone you fuck with... Nothing happens in this city without his say-so. He's like a conduit through which all things must pass. Booze. Drugs. Girls. Cons. Gambling. How the man amassed so much power, I have no idea, but he did and he holds it with an iron fist... Now you are in his grip. "

This is the first book that I read by Meghan March and I really wonder why I waited for so long because obviously Meghan write about men that I would love to read their stories./>"Lachlan
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

“I own your orgasms. I decide when you come. Not you. Learn it. Live it. Because you’re going to fucking love it by the time I’m done with you.”

Is it hot in here?! JAYZUS this book had me sweating and fanning myself to the point where I just said screw it and cranked up the AC.. It was 58 degrees outside and I was still hot!! That’s what happens when you read a Meghan March book and if you think you won’t be on fire before you’ve made it through the halfway mark, you’re sadly mistaken.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Keira Kilgore is up to her eyeballs in debt. Trying her best to keep the family’s business afloat and not let it sink on her watch, to say the girl has gone above and beyond is an understatement. But things take an unfortunate turn and Keira finds herself in the cross hairs of the very infamous and deadly Lachlan Mount.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Most men won’t look me in the eye,, but this woman isn’t afraid to declare all-out war.”

There’s this unspoken rule in the city of New Orleans when it comes to the name Lachlan Mount. Do not say his name unless you prefer to be in a vegetative state. Known as the most ruthless, fearless king in the underground world of New Orleans, Lachlan has no trouble in getting what he wants and what he wants, is Keira. But when she refuses to bow down, Lachlan realizes that getting her to bend, will be the most satisfying, self fulfilling thing that he’s ever done. All is fair in love and love and war right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was one hot, fast paced read and I loved it! I did have one issue but as I look back and think about it, I think it was purposely done that way because this is only the first book in a three part series. Keira was a strong heroine that fought for everything when it came to her family’s business and it’s legacy and I loved that about her. Now as for the man of the hour, I think it’s safe to say that we need flashing neon lights with the word “WARNING EXTREMELY FUCKABLE AND DANGEROUS” when it comes to that man. I won’t go into any further details about him but based on my warning sign alone, do I really need too?

With a twist and cliffhanger that will have you checking your temper at the door, “Ruthless King” is guaranteed to leave you craving more until you can get your hands on part two. Who will be left standing in “Defiant Queen”?

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
2.5 Stars.

I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to like this book I mean who doesn't like an alpha man?

Well I know he's supposed to be this ruthless man but I didn't expect him to treat the heroine this way. I wanted him soft with her. Eh I don't know what I expected but I know this was not IT.

All I could think about was, was he like this with the other mistresses that he had before the heroine? There was mention of his other mistresses, I didn't find the heroine to be spec
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Meghan March Fans, Erotica, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Oh, This is Just the Beginning Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free-Surprise Sale 99 CENTS!!!
Looking for an Erotic, Controlling Alpha who happens to be the threat of all New Orleans... A Man who came from nothing and through his clawing, manipulating and understanding ruthless actions would take him to heights beyond the norm...Then this is right up your alley.

My Pervy Pal, Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾, review came across my feed and I was hooked. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... I fell hard with all the amazingly perfect GIFS and passion. Yum.

This tale takes
Clumsy Storyteller
This was Awesome! i saw a video of the author talking about it, and it picked my interest. i didn't expect it to enjoy it to be this good :D Thank you Meghan, i needed a distraction from politics and science books that i was reading.

THAT CLIFFHANGER THOUGH.

Coco.V
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

What a thrill ride!

Laurelin Paige
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ruthless King proves yet again why Megan March is on top- a super-sexy suspenseful story that doesn't let up, even on the very last page.
Snow

4.5 "fuckin Lachlan Mount" stars

The storyline

Keira Kilgore found herself in a bit of a rouse, she's hit with events that threaten to shatter her composture - her ex-husband of four months has been found dead with a mistress in a burned down car, the whisley destilery Seven Sinners, she took over as a family heritage is in a money jam, and suddenly she's met with a looming dark, dangerous shadow of a man - Lachlan Mount to whom she apparently now owes half a million dollars that her late husband borrowed.

He's here to collect, either thstoryline
stars
The
Mandy
Wow! I am obsessed with this story and can't wait for book 2! Dark and super sexy - this was fantastic and I couldn't put this book down!
Princess under cover
When oh when will I learn my lesson about not falling for the hot covers????

This book is labeled psych-thriller-bdsm because I can't be bothered to create a new label, which would be - random smut with some dom-sub type of theme with no real storyline other than - her dead ex-husband owed a mafia sort of guy money and the guy demands that wifey pays with her body. The end.

You get a "twist" with the fact that the H (I won't type out Hero since that remains to be seen) was also the (view spoiler) ...more
Jen
I have loved every book I have read by this author! This is book one in what promises to be an exciting, sexy trilogy! The ending of this story was shocking; which has me extremely eager for book two!! I’m glad I only have to wait until November!!!

The dynamic between Keira and Mount is a total love/hate relationship.. I actually don’t know if I should even call it a relationship as the only reason they are together in any capacity is because Keira’s ex- husband owed Mount a ton of money. Seeing
Janie
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
So after finishing this book I can say that I’m very intrigued. This ends on a crazy ass cliffy making me very happy the series is complete.

Mount is a harsh man but we also see him breaking some of his rules for Keira. I’m hoping in the next installment we get more from him because I need to feel some emotion from my MCs and I don’t want to wait 3 books to get it.

Keira is very likable in all of her interactions with friends and employees. She’s been through a rough time in the last 6 months or
Choko
*** 2.75 ***

At the Abtastic Ab-Loving Geishas We read books with Abs on the covers for science!!!

"...“But nothing. You got tits, ass, and that gorgeous red hair that makes a man think he’s gonna find fire when he gets you under him. And don’t get me started with those eyes of yours. You’ve cornered the market on untouchable class. And what’s more, you’re totally and completely oblivious to it”..."

This book had a lot of promise. It has the young woman who is trying to make it in the busin
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Hokay so. Let me fire it up.

➦Just as a heads up, I will be reviewing all the books in this trilogy in this one review. Because it's just better that way, people. Trust me.

➦Don't be thinking I'm lazy or something. I work hard, people.

➦Hokay so. Let me fire it up.

➦Don't be thinking I'm lazy or something. I work hard, people.

➦Well, nothing besides writing this awesome review here, of course. So here is. I think Meghan March is a great writer AND I think she's a smart writer. The first two books were brilliantly done and kept me in suspense. I simply needed answers and could not wait for the conclusion.

➦It's nothing that hasn't been done before, but it was done well. The rich and powerful mafia boss, the beautiful woman who, as turns out, owes him a lot of money. He doesn't want money, though, he'll just settle for HER.

➦May be, but it was also kinda hot. Now, some parts of this book were very very good. I especially loved flashbacks to Mount's childhood. Those are aaaaalways my favorite parts. I even teared up a bit. Having said that...

➦Book three is where it all gets wrapped up. I won't lie and say that I rolled my eyes a lot.

➦Before you slap the crap out of me, people, remember that this is a positive review! :D But anywhatever, it was a bit too much inner dialogue like "I am the baddest baddass and they will all die because I'm the biggest baddest badass and everyone knows it." It was a bit repetitive in a way it was delivered.

➦And the last thing, some logic gaps. At least I, for one, didn't find some things that "explained" plot twists very logical. As an example... Imagine you let your friend drive your kid to school one day. Then imagine this friend gets arrested for doing 105 on a highway. But in her defense she will say, um, something like, "I had a hunch it would be okay to speed like a maniac today." O.O

➦To wrap this up, recommended to anyone who loves mafia/crime romances, but on the light side. Not too dark but extra steamy. And here's my seal. The seal of approval.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Hanne
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even after reading many books by Meghan March, she still has the ability to amaze me with every single book. Every story is unique and so good. The books are hot and (a little) suspenseful. The men are always an alpha male and the women are always sassy and independent. I was sad that the Beneath series was over, but I couldn’t wait to know more about the darker, grittier side of New Orleans.

Keira is the owner of the company that has been in the hands of her family for generations. T
Paige
4 “No Man” Stars

Oh man. Ruthless King was as sexy a story as I’ve read in a long while. Full of suspense, action, a devious and devastatingly handsome hero and a strong and sassy heroine, I was hooked. With twists I didn’t see coming, this trilogy from Meghan March left my mouth hanging open and in desperate need of more.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.

• Midnight Blue
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Sex, Not Love
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2)
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Love (Dirty Duet, #2)
  • The British Knight (The Royals Collection, #4)
  • Cuffed (Everyday Heroes, #1)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)
  • Hate Notes
  • Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • Hooking Up (Shacking Up, #2)
  • Thirty Day Boyfriend
  • The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil #1)
  • Sure Thing (Best Laid Plans, #1)
Making the jump from corporate lawyer to romance author was a leap of faith that New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author Meghan March will never regret. With over thirty titles published, she has sold millions of books in nearly a dozen languages to fellow romance-lovers around the world. A nomad at heart, she can currently be found in the woods of the Pacific Nort ...more

Mount Trilogy (3 books)
  • Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)
  • Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3)
“The point is that all you can do is lock down your head and keep a tight grip on your heart and soul while you let your body enjoy the ride” 9 likes
“Give that man what he doesn’t even know he wants—which is everything that’s you—and you’ll be just fine. Now, get going. Put that armor on and go slay yourself a dragon of a man.” 9 likes