Start by marking “Witch Hunter: Into the Outside” as Want to Read:
Witch Hunter: Into the Outside

Witch Hunter: Into the Outside

The world is lying to you. Is that news? It must be very upsetting.

Richard Fitcher found it upsetting.

He’s a witch hunter who doesn’t believe in witches, and tonight he’s taking a reporter and her cameraman on a witch hunt. He’s all ready to jazz it up with spooky noises and a gimmicky magic ritual that locates witches. People like that kind of crap, right? But there’s a
Published January 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Witch Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Hunter

Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Thank you JZ Foster for a review copy in exchange for an honest review from all seven Night Worms! (The Night Worms is a reading & reviewing group dedicated to reading mainstream and indie horror)
The Witch Hunter was the perfect way to break in the Night Worms group read. We had a fun discussion in our group chat as we all were reading over the weekend.
It will be interesting to see all our different personalities weigh in on this book. For me, Witch Hunters was fun and entertaining but it ne
Emily
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"This time, he could feel it. There was something dark here, something moving just beneath the surface. Something wicked that both scared him and whispered at him to keep going."

Witch Hunter was the first Night Worms review group read, and I am thrilled to have enjoyed the book. This is my second JZ Foster book, and I loved both of them! He's a very talented storyteller - Witch Hunter and The Wicked Ones are pretty different books, and it shows his versatility.

I would almost call Witch Hunter
Yodamom
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This would be a killer movie. A spit your popcorn all over the people in front of you movie. Hollywood are you listening ? A cult classic B move just waiting to be found. The characters were off beat, nerdy, jockey, pretty, sneaky, deadly, wickedly fun. The main character is an ultra nerdy fake who desperately wants to impress the girl, with his fake job. The fun part is that it's not fake, it's all real and nerd boy has to fake it till he makes it basically. The unbelievable tries to kill him a ...more
Bark (2 Dumb 2 Read Blurbs)
Free for the Kindle @ Amazon today.
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
A Witch Hunter who thought he was more role playing than real and who jumped at the chance to get some camera time with a reporter and her cameraman. Turns out, things are much more real than he had imagined and now he must use what little skills he has to keep them all alive.

Richard is a funny character - he's part bumbling idiot, part wholesome hero and part the average guy who is trying to do something large with his life. There were some face palm moments in the things he said or did but ove
MJ miranda_c_rites
Many thanks to author J.Z. Foster for sending me a free copy of Witch Hunter!

I absolutely loved this book! This was one of the most fun books I’ve read in awhile.

So, we have Richard Fitcher the witch hunter, a good guy although a bit awkward, who doesn’t really believe in himself. Richard, along with Beth, a reporter, and Ted the camera man have a wild night hunting a witch. Along the way, they meet many other “odd” characters. They run into quite a bit of trouble.

That’s about all I can say w
Cody | codysbookshelf
Indie horror is very hit-or-miss and I am always a little hesitant when trying a new (to me) indie author. Luckily Witch Hunter is, for the most part, a winner: this paranormal journey is one against which I was powerless. Once begun I was in this author’s clutches — this novel is nothing if not compulsively readable.

I gotta be honest, though: I didn’t like any of the characters, especially our main dude Richard. Guy was a bit of a dumbass and was hard to read at times. I just wanted to slap th
Justin M.
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Richard is a witch hunter. That's all you need to know going into this. His story his hilarious, and he is surrounded by a cast of excellent characters. This story begins with Richard being questioned by a detective who wanted to know about the death of a reporter. It gets crazy as he recalls his experience.

This was a fun, creepy read! Highly recommended.
Alex findingmontauk1
Shelves: owned, night-worms
Witch Hunter: Into The Outside by J.Z Foster is the first book up for the Night Worms.  The book is about a witch hunter who does not even believe in witches.  He takes a cameraman and a reporter out on a witch hunt and he is shocked when his "tricks" actually work and they locate a witch.  He soon learns that all his training was real and he must use it to save them all.

I absolutely loved this book and a HUGE thank you for J.Z. Foster for taking a chance on Night Worms with our crazy idea and s
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, review-copy
4.0 Stars
This is a highly entertaining and satirical piece of paranormal horror. Told from the perspectives of skeptics, this was the perfect paranormal horror novel for readers who don't believe in the supernatural. The main character, Richard, is a highly incompetent individual who is terribly ill prepared for the very real task of witch hunting.

Filled with humor and sarcasm, this novel has a lighter tone and should not be taken too seriously. Alternating between two timelines, the framework
Ashley (bookishmommy)
Thank you, JZ Foster for the free copy of Witch Hunter in exchange for an honest review!

I never read synopsis or details about a book before I read because I love the mystery and surprise of what a book holds. So, I actually laughed when I clicked the details of this book on Goodreads and the first line is "A DARK COMEDY" because that's exactly what came to mind when reading. It's a pretty funny horror story.

While I didn't necessarily find it scary, I thought it was fun. The main character was s
Jude  Scott
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No spoilers here. This was an action packed read with twists and turns along the way that kept me turning the pages. The main character, Richard, is the everyman lovable loser sort, and you can’t help but root for him throughout the story. As he discovers that there’s more to witches than just a game, we see his bravery emerge out of necessity. There’s horror, as well as laughs in this one. My favorite combination!
☕️Kimberly
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: take-control
Caffeinated reasons to grab a copy of Witch Hunter: Into the Outside

The story begins with our protagonist in an interrogation room, injured and covered in blood. The officers show him a video of himself bludgeoning a reporter and her cameraman to death. He's confused and begins to retell the events of the evening. Richard Fitcher is a Witch Hunter who came to the sleepy town of Bridgedale to hunt a reported witch. Accompanying him is a local reporter named Beth and her cameraman Tim.
Richard
Brandy
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Move over Stephen King. There is a new voice in horror in town. Witch Hunter was a really good book by J.Z. Foster. Great storyline altogether. Richard Fitcher is a great lead character. I absolutely loved this book. I will definitely be reading more by this author. J.Z. Foster is a new favorite author of mine. I highly recommend this book to my friends. *****!!!
Mindi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a lovely night for a witching.

Witch Hunter: Into the Outside is the prefect example of why all horror doesn't need to be scary.

I'm a big fan of horror comedy, and J.Z. Foster has proven that he is a deft hand at the genre. Parts of this novel are laugh out loud funny, and I found myself laughing quite a bit. That doesn't mean to say that there isn't tension in the novel. Quite often the protagonists are in dire situations, and each time I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat.

Richar
Rod | rodsreads
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
First let me thank the author, J.Z.Foster, for sending me a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

To be honest I had no idea what this book was about. J.Z. told me it was horror/comedy. Which almost led me to skip it, in order to jump right into The Wicked Ones (which is pure horror, my thing). But I'm really liking venturing outside of my comfort zone, exploring different genres, and authors. So I thought, why not?

I'm definitely happy that I gave it a shot.

The book is a mixture
Georgia
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books, kindle
Oh my.... Praise for JZ Foster.

Richard Fitcher is a witch hunter who doesn't belive in witches, until tonight...

This was my first urban fantasy novel and it did not disappoint. There were laugh out loud moments throughout. I could not put this book down! When i saw horror / comedy mash up i thought "nahh that won't work" but it does. I'm anticipating the rest of these books and I know I'll be purchasing his other books in the near future
D Gillis
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank J.Z.Foster for sending me a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review.

Richard Fitcher is a Witch Hunter who doesn’t believe in witches. He has learned the lore as a way of entertaining himself and filling his time.
One evening he takes a local reporter and her camera man on a ‘witch hunt’. He performs the ritual for locating a witch and is very surprised when it actually works. All too soon they are dropped right in it: a haunted house, possessed camera man and cr
Lynne Seaver
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Step aside Stephen King there's a new kid on the block, JZ Foster is getting it done. This book was amazing start to finish.....you won't want to put it down. Richard is a witch hunter that doesn't believe in witches. He joined an occult group to have friends not because he believed, now everything he's learned comes in handy....kind of. Humorous Horror so good.....would love to see a movie of this book.
Angel Shomaker
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous journey into a world of supernatural beings.The characters take you on a ride of horror and humor ,they leaving unwilling to stop reading. You will bewitched from the very start.I definitely will be looking forward to more of The Witch Hunter series,and JZ Foster
Cyrene Olson
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Richard doesn’t believe in witches, although he’s a witch hunter. He thought the club was just a role playing club with creepy subject matter. When a reporter needs to cover a story of what is happening in his town and they want to go along on a witch hunt with Richard, he hams it up until things start going awry. When they reach an old house, the reporter and her camera man are enthralled, and Richard must use all of his “very little knowledge” to get out. Thankfully he listened somewhat to hi ...more
RJ Roles
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An absolute thrill ride from start to finish. An occult centric book sprinkled with bits of comedy and horror, Witch hunter had me hooked! Foster' s literary talent shines right from beginning and I'm truly looking forward to every word he puts down on the page. Keep an eye on this guy!
Audra (ouija.doodle.reads)
See all my reviews here: https://www.shelfstalker.net/blog/wit...

Richard Fitcher is just your average, overweight nerd who enjoys a good round of D&D with his witch hunting clan. Only he thinks its all just a game.

He goes to Bridgeport to meet a reporter and her cameraman for a short spooky segment to coincide with their fall festival, and when everything starts to eerily go right, he is forced to start believing in the supernatural—and fast—because he’s going to have to use everything he k
David Watson
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Richard Fletcher is the kind of guy who you probably don’t notice if you see him. He is overweight, unpopular with girls and mostly keeps to himself. For entertainment he joined a group of witch hunters but he didn’t believe that witches or black magic was real. Then one night Richard is contacted to take a reporter and cameraman out on a witch hunt and his whole life changes.

Richard was ready to put on a show for the news crew but finds out that everything he thought was a hoax was real. Now no
Carol Theriot
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[[ASIN:B077SYZRLL Witch Hunter: Into the Outside]] This book just jumped right into one horror after another. When I got to the middle I could not put it down. The main character was a very insecure man filled with self doubt. As the story unfolded he had to fight with just his wits to protect himself and his companions. As each new terror unfolded he had to reach deep within himself to find the courage and knowledge that enabled him to defeat the evil that was feeding on the town. Horror ,Evil, ...more
Ginelle Blanch
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Horrifically hilarious. Captivating read from start to finish.

An unlikely hero that you will absolutely root for. Classic underdog, bullied character, it was excellent to see Richard come into his own, to be more than what he ever thought he could be.

A crazy mashup of allies that was fun to see work together.

Surprising and chilling.

Just the kind of book I needed to help me out of my book slump...a genre I never read but am so looking forward to more of! Book two, here I come!
Jennifer Bonges
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Urban Fantasy is a genre that I got into a few years ago. I am always on the lookout for new material. Give this book a read. I love the characters, the twists and the unfolding of the story. I look forward to more Witch Hunter Books and more JZ Foster!
Krystal Gile
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Hey all! So I started reading “Witch Hunter: Into The Outside” by J.Z. Foster. It is not something I normally would read, but if offered a chance to read for free, I will take it.
Let me start by saying that Richard is an entirely relatable character. He is just trying to put on a good show for Beth and Ted for the news piece, but instead of some fancy Latin words and a ritual with some graveyard dirt and water, he gets more than he bargained for.
I felt fear when Richard felt fear. Pain, when he
Apavlides24
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An interesting book that I thoroughly enjoyed, "witch hunter" skillfully blends comedy and horror. This book is not too dark and brooding and filled with action. The timely and seamless change from nail-biting anxiety over the fate of the heroes to humorous exchanges makes the book easy to read.
The ill-prepared hero of this book doesn't believe in witches or ghosts or warlocks or wights. And then he is unfortunate enough to meet them. Will he prevail, will he fall? Will he stay to the end or he
Kymaero
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some good stuff! I enjoyed the inclusion of horror elements from different cultures I wasn't familiar with, and the use of different timelines, past and present, to pull the reader along with a mystery - who really killed who? I definitely giggled out loud to myself a couple times, which is not that great when you're in a library, but certainly a good thing for the book. I don't generally read horror, but had no trouble at all reading this - it's intriguing, funny, and scary, alternatively, and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: J.Z. Foster Witch Hunter, Changing Cover 6 26 Jan 24, 2019 05:15PM
  • A New Death
  • Black Woods (BlackWoods Series, #1)
  • Moonstruck (High Moor, #2)
  • Wink
  • The Forgotten Island: A Horror Novel
  • Land of Bones
  • Kill Hill Carnage
  • Jurassic Florida (One Size Eats All #1)
  • Savages
  • Sanctuary 12 (Fallen Gods Saga, #1)
  • A Dark & Winding Road
  • They Feed
  • Darkest Hours
  • Blackbrooke
  • The Ripper Letter: Book One of The Hearts of Darkness Series (Volume 1)
  • Justice at Christmas (Lorne Simpkins, #4.5)
  • Cursed Ever After (Eternal Vampires)
  • Welcome to the Show
JZ Foster is an Urban Fantasy / Horror writer originally from Ohio. He spent several years in South Korea where he met and married his wife and together they opened an English school.

Now a first time father, he’s returned to the states - and his hometown roots.

He received the writing bug from his mother, NYTimes best selling author, Lori Foster.

You can follow his writing progress on his Facebook
“I’m afraid of dying, but I’m more afraid of being useless.” 1 likes