Start by marking “Glimpses of Wilderness (The Glimpses Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Glimpses of Wilderness (The Glimpses Series Book 1)

Glimpses of Wilderness (The Glimpses Series Book 1)

No nightmares about my dad’s car crashing or my sister’s tiny face vanishing in a window of red. No, not anymore. Now when
I sleep I fall into an expanse of frozen wilderness, the other life I’ve lived…

The one I’ve lived with him.

Anna experiences vivid dreams from a past-life she lived in the 1800s with her husband Robert and their children in the wilderness of the Mic
Published December 5th 2017 by Inkspell Publishing, LLC

Start your review of Glimpses of Wilderness (The Glimpses Series Book 1)
Joe Ward
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“It’s like I have to be asleep to feel truly awakened”
This is the story of a beautiful lifetime love of Anna and Robert, which will capture your heart from the beginning until the end. As a young lady Anna must deal with her mother’s drinking as well as haunting dreams of a past life. While they endure many struggles, disappointments and heartaches you feel every one of them as you read this story. This is definitely a must read for any fan of young adult romance.
PelicanFreak
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fear I’ll not be able to express just how great this book is, however I’ll try.

First of all, even if this isn’t your genre, I strongly recommend it for the art of writing alone. Ward has a brilliant way with words, the analogies used here are vivid, creative, original and still sensible.

That said, I completely loved this book and missed it whenever I put it down. With the glimpses of the past, it feels like a double escape, if that makes sense. With this book, I become attached to the heroine
Beth Skye Denny
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A riveting and unique love story spanning time and reincarnation. A wonderful tale that was so enjoyable and captivating a novel that I am now on the lookout to read more of Lee Ann’s books! All the feels to leave you laughing, crying, and hugging the book when you reach the end.
Frances Shellings
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you believe in reincarnation? Does love transcend time and space?
Anna has dreams of another simpler life and a love all consuming! Its what gets her through her day.
Then one day her dream man walks into her life LITERALLY!!!
CAN this time be dofferent? Will they get their happy ending?

This is a Beautiful Story of True Love!!!!
Stephanie Lawton
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heartbreaking and terrifying simultaneously, I kept vacillating between swooning and gasping in horror. Ward doesn't sugar-coat anything in this star-crossed romance. My only complaint is that the ending ... well, I can't give that away. Let's just say I'd love to see some of the epilogue fleshed out more, and I know this is a series, so I hope we get to see some of that.
Ryan
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this one.

Spoilers!

The plot here was reminiscent of several others books I’ve read, specifically the reliving past lives and recalling them as infants. I did appreciate how much of a primary focus it got here. I’ve read other books where the central mystery concerns whether or not people are reliving, and it’s confirmed here very early on to allow the author to mine the topic.

I do have to add at this point that while the genres I usually read are diverse, I don’t quite fall into the camp
Joyce Scarbrough
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning: This isn't an unbiased review because the author is my best friend. (It's dedicated to me!) But I swear on a stack of classics that it IS an honest review.

When I wrote my first novel, it was the result of a lifetime love affair with books—hiding under the covers with a flashlight to read when I was supposed to be asleep, long summer days spent under a tree in my back yard with a book, a transistor radio and a bottle of Coke with peanuts inside, and never, ever going to sleep at night wi
Chloe Williams
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What even is this book! This is nothing like anything I’d ever read before. It filled me with so much joy, yet so much despair. I kept turning the pages, eager to see what would happen next, yet afraid to read how it would all unfold.

As I’m writing this review, I’m not finished reading yet. In fact I’m only a little over half, but in just half a book I’ve been shocked to my core, I’ve had my heart broken, I’ve cried a river, and I’ve swooned so hard my head is still spinning. There was a tragic
Brittany Smith
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very easy and very sweet read!

This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I took to her! Her writing is very fluid and she pieces everything together-you can see the story unfolding like a movie in your mind.

The main characters, Anna and Robert, are lovers that are constantly reconnecting in each lifetime. Their love is so deep and pure and you can’t help but smile whilst reading. Though I guessed a few bits of the plot twists it was an enjoya
Meghan
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book expecting it to be YA. And I enjoy this genre but I haven't been reading much of it lately. This book has honestly changed that for me. I couldn't put it down. Reincarnation. Love. Betrayal. Heartache. Loss. Addiction. There's so much emotion in this book. I cant remember the last time a book made me want to actually cry(in a good way! Emotion wise, not poor story wise). The way this story is written you can really see the emotional struggles, both high and low, that each c ...more
Missy Brown
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Lee Ann Ward, and i have to say i was impressed. She has such a way with weaving a story together. What an idea for this story, and it is not your typical love story. Which is what drew me. Sometimes your happy ever after just takes a while. Ms. Ward takes this unique story and does an excellent job of making the reader feel. I do not want to give anything away, for this will take away from the story. I will say this, if you like a good clean romance, of love, rebirth, r ...more
Oksana Leslie
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked the story, to me it was a high concept idea, - love thriangle and rebirths of the main characters. I got annoyed with repeatition of "sweet Anna", skipped sex scenes / the book has a few, but very clean. Will recommend for young adult. I am 45, it made me cry. Thank you, Lee Ann.

High concept - rebirths, love triangle repeats again and again. I have never read anything like thus before. The book made me cry. I enjoyed it though i am not young adult anymore.
Jocelyn LeDonne
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. In all honesty I didn't think I would in the beginning, it is so different from what I normally read that I didn't think I would finish it. BUT I am so glad I continued reading because it is a very well written sweet romance about love and fate. Anna is such a sweet, caring, loving character and Robert is always trying to be better for her and in the end love is enough. Such a beautiful story!
Carrie Dalby
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting twist for this epic reincarnation love story. Reminded me a bit of the movie DEAD AGAIN, which I enjoyed, but only because it's one of the only few other reincarnation stories I've experienced. The final two chapters were pleasantly unexpected. I liked Anna and the fact that she worked with senior citizens because it reminded me of my first job as a teenager--so I could relate to her friendship with Rose.
Cynthia Heyman
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The kindness of the universe

First I'd like to thank you for the ease of reading a well written story with no spelling or Punctuation errors , it's been a very long time. Lol secondly, for a most beautiful love story ever. Who says love is not forever? And third, for a brilliant plot, bravo. If you, the reader, love a love story but feel they are basically the same old HEA. I say give Glimpses of Wilderness a try. You won't be disappointed.
Amber Marie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started this book and didn't want to stop reading! I wasn't exactly sure what to expect at first but I truly loved it! It is one of those books that will make you cry but I love when books are able to do that! The way the book was written makes it easy to empathize with the characters and love them as much as they love each other. And everything works lignin the end, not how you would expect but it works out! I'm glad that this is only number one in the series!
Astrid V.J.
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-12-2020
It is rare to find a book that draws me in as thoroughly as Glimpses of Wilderness did and then Ward managed to even surprise me with an unexpected plot twist. Rarely, outside of Japanese anime, have I been so pleasantly surprised by a deep and totally unexpected ending that made the story even more enjoyable.

My full-length review will be available in my June newsletter. Don't miss it!
Bunny
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story had me in tears more than once. While it was a really good story and I enjoyed reading it, I thought it was a bit predictable. I would still recommend it to others. Especially to those who believe in true soul shaking love
Victoria Wieck
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good. A lot of twists and turns. I fell in love with all the main characters and i seriously didn’t want to book to end. The concept of the book is imaginative and the writing is superb. I highly recommend it.
Susan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spellbinding and emotional

This book is awesome and kept me wanting to.keep going until I finished. I laughed ,I cried I wished for more. Can't wait to read book 2 of The Glimpses Series.
Crystal Amason
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The plot and characters in the book are incredible. And there are actually a couple plot twists I did not expect. This is the best love story I've read in a log time. Fantastic read! I would like to hear more about their lifetimes together. Maybe a book of shorts for each period?
Marilyn
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The concept of continuous personal connections through centuries of time grabbed my interest, and I enjoyed reading the story. It made for some interesting “what if” conversations in my household.
Christine
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is a beautiful touching story of love
through time. What a lovely concept and
splendidly done.

Donamarie Fournier
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
History repeats every 200 years. This was an interesting story and was told very well. Anna and Robert have a fairytale romance that defies time. I liked the way this blended history with today.
Lejla
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Such amazing read.

I am so happy to be one of persons who read this book because it is must-read.

I don´t want to spoil anything so I won´t talk so much here.
Tennille - Aussie Chick Knows Books
3.5 ending let it down for me.
Michele Cacano
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice little fantasy escape read.
Karen Jones
Mar 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Trapped in Time
  • The House on the Hill
  • Wood's Relic (The Early Adventures of Mac and Wood #1)
  • Mercury Rises
  • Wind Chime Café (Wind Chime #1)
  • Northwest Passage: The First Three Novels (Northwest Passage, #1-3)
  • The Dark Underworld: A Paranormal Vampire Series (The Chosen Coven #2)
  • The Dark Awakening: A Paranormal Vampire Series, Second Edition (The Chosen Coven #1)
  • Dragons are Forever (Dragons of the North, #1)
  • Hatemates
  • Existence (Existence, #1)
  • Predestined (Existence, #2)
  • Ceaseless (Existence, #3)
  • Leif (Existence, #2.5)
  • The Unforgiven (Echoes from the Past, #3)
  • The Forsaken (Echoes from the Past, #4)
  • The Forgotten (Echoes from the Past #2)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
Lee Ann Ward was born and raised in the small fishing community of Bayou La Batre, AL. She attended Faulkner College and Auburn University and has a journalism/mass communications degree.
Lee Ann worked as a journalist and in telecommunications, but her passion has always been fiction writing. She is a wife and mother, and a true Southern Belle. When she's not writing, Lee Ann enjoys power walking

News & Interviews