Start by marking “Sword Catcher (Sword Catcher, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sword Catcher

Cassandra Clare

Sword Catcher

(Sword Catcher #1)

Sword Catcher is the first book in a high fantasy series. It's the tale of a young man raised to be the body double for an unworthy prince, a young woman destined to change the world, and a host of other characters: criminals, princes, magicians, and warriors.
Expected publication: 2021 by Del Ray/Random House

Start your review of Sword Catcher (Sword Catcher, #1)
chai ♡
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
finally a Cassadra Clare book I can read without getting stress pimples over the fact that there are literally +20 other books I also need to read before I can be able to get all the fandom references
✨    jamieson   ✨
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
the "cc will never write a non shadowhunters book" people found dead in miami
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
Waaaait, an actual Cassandra Clare book that is NOT set in the Shadowhunter world? Excuse me is that even allowed??
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
I will read anything and everything Cassandra Clare writes because she created Will Herondale, the greatest literary character ever.
NReads
Jun 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'm going to eat this story in one bite when it comes out
Beth
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
I love the Shadowhunter world, BUT I'm so glad it's something completely new! I'm ridiculously excited to see what we're going to get!

PS -
All I want is another Will Herondale, please gift us with someone I can fall in love with all over again.
Pleaseeeeeee!
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
May 26, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: fantasy
apparently, this isn't a shadowhunters book...

does this mean.... that for once in my life.... i might like a cassie clare book?

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Nov 30, 2017 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
1st thought: a cassandra clare book that ISN'T a shadow hunters?

2nd thought: wouldn't it be funny if one of the characters in this fantasy world opened up a magic portal and the shadow hunters came in and everyone got real mad?

3rd thought: good thing i don't give 2 shits one way or the other >:D
Mara YA Mood Reader
*screaming!!!!* Finally the queen writes a non-Shadowhunter book! I’m dying to see how she fares. Oooh oh oh and it’s NA?!! CC’s YA is already steamy af so the slut in me caaaaaan’t waaaaait!! 😱😍
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
This book = Cassie writing my next book husband. (or maybe wife?)
I already know that I'll fall head over heels. So no point in denying it. XD

This said, this is no Shadowhunter book!
I can't wait to discover a new world and to find out what CC planned for us.
Since she's one of my fave authors I'm pretty sure I'll end up loving it though.

Take all my money and keep those awesome characters coming! <3
ambsreads
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
A Cassandra Clare book not based on Shadowhunters? Sounds fishy but I’m in. I love this woman so damn much and partially credit her with my love for reading.

2021 where you at?? I’ll be like 24 but oh well.
Jiana
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
WHAT? NOT SET IN THE SHADOWHUNTERS WORLD? What?? I’m actually confused. This feels so weird, I never thought this would ever happen.

Of course I’m adding this because Cassandra Clare is my queen.
sofia (sam willows)
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
I have been waiting for the day I will be able to read a cc book that’s not about shadowhunters... AND THAT DAY IS FINALLY HERE (well not really bc this doesn’t have a publishing date but whatever). BRING IT ON
Meital
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
“Criminals, princes, magicians, and warriors”! Yes Cassndra, yes!!!
Hadya
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Cassandra Clare, saving the world, and ensuring that my life continues on even after the shadowhunter series ends since 2017
shannon ✨
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
just saw a post on tumblr about this from cassandra clare!!

i am so so so so so excited to see what else she can create on her own. i love the shadowhunter world so much, i hope to adore a brand new world she creates too!
Mika
Aug 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
EXCUSE ME! Why am I just now finding out about this?!?!
Cindy ✩☽♔
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
I have been meaning to try to read something by Ms. Clare for a long-time, but I have not been committed enough to attempt to read any of the dozens of the Shadowhunter novels that are all somehow interconnected. Because I am not ready for that kind of commitment. So this seems like the perfect opportunity. Hopefully, this turns out well. Because overall, it sounds like my cup of tea.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Morgan Blanch
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as anticipated-releases
Guys don't hate me but I'm more excited for this than any of her upcoming Shadowhunter books.
Kenzie The Dragon Queen
Wait- hold up! CC is writing a new adult epic fantasy series that has nothing to do with The Shadowhunter Chronicles! How many years will I have to wait until I get to read this?
Gemma F
Nov 28, 2017
I’m so excited. I’m glad Cassie Clare is finally writing something not Shadowhunter-related!
And it’s High Fantasy 💕😊💙
Olivia
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
My original reaction went a little something like this:
Then:
description
But after I came back to life I REMEMBERED THIS IS A CASSIE CLARE BOOK AND THEY'RE ALL GOING TO BE TORTURED AND PROBABLY DIE. We all know how Clockwork Princess nearly contributed to my emotional death.

So now this is me waiting for a time machine to go to 2021:

Kat
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
UM YES I CAN’T WAIT?? CC HAD ME AT “HIGH FANTASY”
Janani(ஜனனி)
I'm just gonna sing.

I'm going to admit that I'm trash, trash, trash
For CC
For CC
Trash, trash, trash
Trash I'm, trash I'm
Ah.. Ah.. Ah...
I'm All Booked Up  YA
Oct 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
We can't believe Clare's doing a non-Shadowhunter series! So pumped!! The description sounds amazing.
Sharon
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
OK I love me some shadowhunters, but I'm #down for a whole new series and world by Cassandra Clare🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Lauren Elise
Pre-Reading Updates

28/11/2017: so you’re telling me,,,,,,,,that cassandra clare,,,,,,is writing a book,,,that’s NOT A SHADOWHUNTER CHRONICLES NOVEL???

??????????????
Cat
I'm ready for something completely different from Cassie ♥
rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
not a fan of cc but 👀
Yumiko F
Aug 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
I wish this was part of the SH world, but anything CC is my forte.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Incarnadine: Poems
  • The Unleashed (The Haunted, #2)
  • They Wish They Were Us
  • Home Before Dark
  • I Killed Zoe Spanos
  • Adventures in the Unknown Interior of America
  • A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies
  • Passing
  • War of the Foxes
  • The Unfairfolk (Valenbound, #1)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

Sword Catcher (2 books)
  • The Ragpicker King (Sword Catcher, #2)