Start by marking “The Woman in the Wind” as Want to Read:
The Woman in the Wind

The Woman in the Wind

Julia is married to a successful psychiatrist, and they live in a beautiful house in Palm Beach, Florida. She is hoping to fall pregnant and life couldn’t be better. When her husband Todd begins regularly visiting a troublesome patient at night, she wonders about his fidelity. Delving into his records at the home consulting room, Julia finds disturbing news of something mu ...more
Published November 30th 2017 by Austin Macauley Publishers Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Woman in the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Woman in the Wind

Khemany Lok
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great piece of work by T A Pilkington. Well crafted and thought through plot and surprising twists. The story and plot fit almost flawlessly, the details are so vivid that one could almost see the scenes through the pages; yet it’s not a drag on at all.

A must read for those who has a taste for crime/thriller. Pilkington has thrown in a couple of extra dimensions than the normal mundane crime/thriller. I’m so tempted to say more but that would spoil the goodness for the other readers.

I thorough
Jay Allchin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very minor spoilers below (no more than the book blurb gives away).

Curiosity, suspicion, and temptation… powerful motives that get Julia Cummings into trouble. She’s happily married to her psychologist husband, Todd, except for the fact that Todd seems too keen to make house calls to patients in the evening. Why? The answers might lie in Todd’s files, sitting temptingly in his home-office consulting room. What Julia hears of his recorded sessions sends her tumbling into suspicion and subsequent
Jay Zander
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If it's a psychological thriller you like, this one is a beauty. The setting is stylish Palm Beach FL and Julia's upmarket life is shaken when she stumbles onto a secret in her psychiatrist husband's files after suspecting him of philandering. Then it all goes awry for her: her discovery is much more than adultery. The Palm Beach Killer murders woman in the area and Julia picks up the threads to mystery, along with the mysterious woman she sees in the wind on the beach. Terrific read and one I c ...more
Huirun
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. A ripping yarn of a psychological thriller with a background of murder and suspense. Julia's psychiatrist husband and his patients provide the threads of a potential affair  - and worse - when Julia searches her husbands files. She uncovers a mystery that leads her into a dangerous affair involving a number of suspects. I loved the atmosphere this thriller creates on the Florida coast, but also the interplay of characters involved. I know it's a cliche but I couldn't this down.
Katerina Tsernotopoulos
This novel was a real page-turner. It got me in from the first page. The main characters were well-rounded and interesting, with the first person point of view of Julia subtly changing as she kind of grows on you during the story. The main plot of murders and suspects around the beach background got me in - but also the interesting sub-plots added to the overall journey. Particularly the old family secret and its ramifications.

With twists and red-herrings, I found it totally engaging. I need to
Helen Rayson
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really got involved in this thriller.The characters were real and interesting,the plot held my interest and as the chapters passed I was unable to put the book down. Highly recommended
T A
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing mystery set in stylish Palm Beach FL. Julia's perfect life is upset by discoveries about her husband's psychiatric patients and a link to her safety. Taking on her own investigation with the help of a new friend, she lands herself in deep trouble while the "Palm Beach Killer" stalks women in the area. Could it be her husband? Could it be her adulterous suitor, also her husbnad's best friend?
Her dangerous clue-seeking brings her too close for her own good.
Robyn
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is how I like crime/thrillers: can’t-put-it-down and engages you in the location and story. I’m a seaside person, so the locales were interesting. The story was also exactly what I like, with characters leaping off the page and told from Julia’s viewpoint, making me ‘live it’ with her as she strives to piece together the jigsaw of a murder mystery.

The back stories around the protagonists filled out the whole experience, dovetailing into the psychological drama underlying the plot. The
Emily Hui
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my kind of book. A psychological thriller with excitement from first page to last - but with personalities shining through the mystery. I especially enjoyed the detail the author describes surrounding the scenes: not too much to bore you; just enough to put you right there in the thick of it. The atmosphere was often electric around brooding storms, misty buildings and raging seas. I felt part of it.

The multiple suspects of local murders and Julia’s own problems with a secret from her ch
S.Sun
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good read. Okay, it’s pacey but also a complex plot two-level plot told in the first person of Julia, wealthy wife of a psychiatrist who wants her to punch out babies. Suspecting him of an affair, her home detective work into his files provides clues to something more ominous. The spiritual aspect kind of grows with the story and goes hand-in-glove with Julia’s problems as a kid that seem connected to the mayhem going on around stylish Palm Beach.

Julia came across as a bit spoilt-rich
Stephanie Yang
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book with all its characters, sea shore location and the twisty winding plot. It was really suspenseful and great to curl up with by the fire on a cold night to immerse yourself in the whole intriguing story of Julia and her psychiatrist husband set against murders in Palm Beach. I want more from TA Pilkington.
Chris Shearer
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book- easy to read, and hard to put down once started. Very vivid imagery and description taking the reader into the scene of the novel. Highly recommended read.
Brad Spencer
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. An engaging book with rich, detailed chracters. A good story with lots twists and turns. I would recommend this book.
Huirun
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a good story.
T A
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ook
Yang
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic mystery thriller involving wealthy Julia and her psychiatrist husband. Her exploits in unraveling local murders and her own childhood mystery made for great reading
Emily Hui