Start by marking “Rise of the Lich Sentinel (D'Vaire #5)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Lich Sentinel (D'Vaire #5)

Rise of the Lich Sentinel

(D'Vaire #5)

Swamped with guilt over nearly every decision he’s ever made, Arch Lich Chander Daray spends all his time escaping into books and keeping too busy to think. The last thing he wants is to find his other half. In pursuit of freedom for their people Gavrael and Gedeon D’Vaire ask him for help and Chander is happy to oblige. After their leader is summoned to begin the process ...more
Published December 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Lich Sentinel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of the Lich Sentinel

Start your review of Rise of the Lich Sentinel (D'Vaire #5)
llv
Rating: 3.5 stars
I am giving this a lower rating simply due to the fact that it ended the way it did. I knew it was going to end in a cliff hanger based on reading the blurb for the next book in the series. What I didn’t know was it was going to end in basically what is a Big Misunderstanding. It is one of my least favorite tropes and I hate when one character basically doesn’t tell the other what happened and just goes with “You Know What You Did”. So even though, I did enjoy the book I wish
Zane Kage
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
This author gets better with every book. I can't recommend enough or shout loud enough my adoration for this series, this book, these characters and their world. Sweetness. Sexiness. Snarky, witty, well-written dialogue. This series has it all. I fall in love with these characters over and over and I hope it never ends. So much love for Chand and Alaric!
Leigh
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This was awesome. I really enjoyed it. I hope the next book comes out soon as I really need to know what happens next.
Pandora  Phoenix
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Very disappointed that the two side MCs did not get their own book but where instead given vinaigrettes in this book.
The author seems to honestly have just placed them here to give the reader sex scenes to enjoy since the main MCs didn't have much really going on.
I find it interesting that the story is split into two books and am hoping there is some sort of personality in the Lich MC because so far, he has the personality of a cardboard cutout.
Also, for someone who disclosed he slept around a
Hillary
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dragon-bam
After meeting him in previous books, I was super exited to learn more about the mysterious Chander, and he did not disappoint! I really love this author and the unique world she has built! This book presented a lot of complications for the main characters, and I really loved how she solved most of them in this book! But the biggest surprise was that this story continues into the next book! I've read so many books with a lot of set up, and then a rushed ending - and I truly appreciate how the ...more
Deeze
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This one almost made it to 4 stars, but sadly the addition of Benton and Baxter spoiled it for me.

The story and mystery of Alaric had me captivated. Watching Chander lose the battle to stay remote was sweet. The drama of the betrayal was a little Clichéd but I'm happy to go along for the sake of the story line.

But what left me feeling flat was the interruption to the story just so the author could get in the requisite sex scenes. At least thats what it felt like. All Bax and Ben did was pad out
Sabella
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chander finds his mate but is left a little confused as to Alaric's actions. Since he sees it that Alaric does not want a mate, Chander decides that is the best road to take. Instead, Alaric finds himself trapped by his need to care for the Sentinels at the compound in an almost manic way. Deciding to bond, the two come to realize that there is a dark spell on Alaric and Chander fights to remove it. I won't tell you the rest as spoilers will happen if I do.

I will say this: make sure you have
Bill
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. The best part of this one is a sentinel pair, but I can't say why without spoilers. Sooo...
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
===================================================================
Baxter and Benton are two bad ass sentinel assassins like Vin Diesel & Dwayne Johnson, who hate each other even though they've never met. Finally they meet, become a bonded pair, and turn into Will & Grace! They are
John
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series

I was a bit sceptical when I began with Book One. But, as i got into it, i realized i had to know what way next. I have practically binge read the series to this point and am now even more curious and intrigued by "what is next!" How someone can put together a thread to run through a series is beyond me. However, Jessamyn Kingley is accomplishing this! Great read!!
Denise White
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't stop

I can't stop reading these books.... They are getting better and better... I wanted to be mad at the way things went down between Chander and Alric but this author flushed out Chan's characters so well it made since that he reacted as he did... I can't wait to read what happens next... Off to book 6
Christie
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing!

Please follow up book was amazing! This series keeps getting better with each book. I know this is the first part of Chandler and Alarich story but I can’t wait to read the rest of it! Hopefully it will come out soon!
Michele Evans
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love those series!

This series is so addicting I read it whenever I get a moment free! Love the characters and this book was no exception. This one left with a bit of a cliff hanger and I have to know what happens next. Awesome stuff!! A million stars!
Julia - Books, Bunny & me
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: july-2019
I love this series, I will always love this series for the magic system and the family/friend bonds.

But this is the case of men who just can’t listen and I can’t deal with it anymore. Chander, just pay atention!!
Tiffany
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whoa I didn't see it coming

This is definitely a rollercoaster of a book. I cried and laughed. This is definitely a cliffhanger and hopefully we'll get our HEA in the next book
DeWanda
Jan 18, 2020
Roger
Jan 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)
  • Give Him Hell (Hellhound Champions #3)
  • Malachite (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #4)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Wild Magic (Triad #4)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One, #4)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Omega's Trust (Guardian Dragons #2)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Eeli (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #3)
Jessamyn Kingley lives in Nevada where she begs the men in her head to tell her their amazing stories which she dutifully writes it all down in what has become a small mountain of notebooks. She falls in love with each couple and swears whatever book she wrote last is her absolute favorite.

Jessamyn is married and working toward remembering to start the dishwasher without being distracted by the

D'Vaire (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dra'Kaedan's Coven (D'Vaire, #1)
  • Sentinel's Dagger (D'Vaire, #2)
  • Vengeance From The Dark (D'Vaire #3)
  • Resurrection of the Fallen (D'Vaire, #4)
  • Fall of the Arch Lich (D'Vaire #6)
  • The First Sentinel (D'Vaire #7)
  • Disregarding Fate (D'Vaire #8)
  • Irresistible Indigo (D'Vaire #9)
  • The Summoner's Path (D'Vaire #10)
  • Becoming D'Vaire (D'Vaire, #11)