Start by marking “The Paradise Key (Harvey Bennett #5)” as Want to Read:
The Paradise Key (Harvey Bennett #5)

The Paradise Key

(Harvey Bennett #5)

He's spent millions trying to make his scientific breakthrough.

And he's very close to achieving his goals.

But how many lives will it cost him?

OceanTech Paradisum is the cutting-edge theme park from OceanTech, and they are hoping to capitalize on the growing trend of education-based vacation destinations.

Adrian Crawford has spent his entire professional life working tow
Published December 26th 2017 by Turtleshell Press

To ask other readers questions about The Paradise Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paradise Key

Roger
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
What appeared to be a one-off with Thacker’s writing of The Enigma Strain was soon followed by The Amazon Code, then by The Ice Chasm and finally The Jefferson Legacy. The problem with writing a successful book is amplified in a successful series, the reader's expectations are that this book will be even better than the last, this one is not. When I reviewed earlier Thacker books I commented that his writings were reminiscent of James Rollins. This book isn't! I'm a character reader, I get into ...more
Michael Eitniear
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Paradise Key is book 5 in the Harvey Bennett series and if you've enjoyed the previous entries, you'll enjoy this as well. I love how every book in this series stays true to what Harvey Bennett thrillers are all about. They are similar without being boring or repetitive. I have read all of them except for book 4 and I had no problems jumping into this book and picking up without any issue. This series is easy to pick up anywhere because Nick does a great job of filling in the information you ...more
Don LeClair
Feb 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Darryl Blankenship
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I've read a previous Nick Thacker Harvey Bennett story - I think it was the first because it was before Harvey and his girlfriend/fiancee became employees of a private 'special ops' group controlled by a husband and wife duo known only by the initial of their last name. If you're thinking Charlie's Angels or Hart to Hart, you're warm. These books practically scream for a Spelling treatment. And as a cheesy, tongue- in- check, high camp television series - with a game cast and high production qua ...more
Darlene
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I rarely give a book 3 stars, but in this case I believe it's being generous.

Out of all the Harvey Bennett Thrillers, I really disliked this one the most. The beginning started with Reggie crashing Ben and Julie's vacation. Then the story seemed to focus on petty whining from the both of them about their relationship. It seemed like it took up the first half of the book, along with the both of them being mad at Reggie.

It seems like no action takes place until the last part of the book. And I m
Andrea
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I love Ben and his friends. So I would probably love any adventure they go on. But this one is an especially heart pounding thriller. You know they are not walking into a good situation, but it is worse than I expected. And the science is not as horrific as I expected, but it is more inhumane as well.

This book is another fabulous addition to the Harvey Bennett series. You can start here. There are several references to book 4, but you don
Julie Stafford
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Harvey Bennett Thriller #5. HANG ON!

Nick Thacker has just added #5 in the Harvey Bennett Thriller Series. What a ride this one is. What I like best about these Thrillers is that each one is so completely different than the previous ones. You could read each as a stand alone but I would recommend that you start in the beginning so you can experience how each character evolves. This one got so exciting that I had to put the book down and walk away to slow my heart rate down. I thought for sure thi
Nayari
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I am going to reread this one because I have to admit, I feel...like I completely missed what actually happened in the book. I read it. I don't know if I felt things were not explained as well as thet could be, if perhaps the plot was simply less intricate than his other stories, if the lack of snark and overabundance of infighting made it a tough emotional read.... regardless I just didn't care for this one as much. It felt...weaker than his other stories.

I eagerly await the next one because I
Chloe Cuthbert
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thacker Thrillers Are The Best!

Nick Thacker has done it again! In book 5 of the Harvey Bennett series, Ben and his fiance, Julie, are enjoying a much needed vacation. Until Reggie shows up with orders from Mr. E. Vincente Garza, The Hawk, and the rest of his crew are doing private security for a new science based park, floating in the middle of the Atlantic. There seems to be no better time or place to bring Garza to justice.
This is a roller coaster ride of thrills, scientific phenomena, and mo
Karen Kearns
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paradisum???

When a so called educational theme park/upscale offshore resort is getting ready to open in the Atlantic, just northwest of The Bahamas, Mr. E schedules Ben, Julie, and Reggie for a visit to ascertain the nature of this enterprise. When the team arrives accompanied by Dr. Sarah Lindgren, no one is prepared for the luxuriousness of the accommodations, or the horror of the real purpose behind this “theme park.”
This is another great “can’t put it down,” “sit on the edge of your seat” ac
john lawton
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book of the sries that I have read and I have enjoyed everyone.

It was interesting the way the story started and how it progressed. It followed the one earlier where Julie and Ben were going on a cruise for vacation.

It was interesting how three trio were able to survive along with the 4th member of this group who joined them for the visit to the island.

I look forward to reading the next one. I also enjoyed the introduction of the new character that Nick is introducing and continui
John Vo
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
The previous Harvey Bennett books were entertaining. However, this latest one (The Paradise Key) was not fun at all. The villain seemed way more intelligent and capable than the protagonists. It also felt like the most of the book was about the issues with Harvey Bennet and his fiance and Reggie and it was like pulling teeth trying to get through it. Very little action and not much thriller but there are a couple of exciting bits towards the end.

Overall, i couldn't wait for it to be finished whe
Joe Geesin
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the main a good read, another well dealt with if far fetched story, the return of an old foe, the interruption of a holiday that introduces some relationship niggles, and lots of action. The only let down (hence a perhaps too generous 4 stars rather than the usual well deserved 5) is at times a change of writing style. Too much self reflection (especially from Ben, during the pod escape chapter) adds some almost narration that's annoying and pads out the story.
Carole Turner
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The story was fact paced and interesting but needed expansion with the underlying reason for the the on going action. I feel like we were left in the dark about what was happening to these characters that were the basis for the plot. It had holes in it. Exactly where did they find them and what happens to them? The main characters were fairly well developed . I loved that it had no explicit sex or unnecessary bad language!
Alanna
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like Harvey Bennet he's one of the good guys. The Paradise Key was fun to read. I really liked the setting of Paradisium, what a great place if it were real. Thankfully it is not and actual place because the scientists there are not nice guys. Were places in the story that I wished for more detail and then suddenly it was over. This was a fun read but it makes you think about the possibilities that genetic engineering could be capable of and at what cost. Nick Thacker makes you think.
Sue Henderson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series but this was my least favorite.

I've read the entire Harvey Bennett series back to back and the adventures are awesome. This particular installation was my least favorite and YEESH the typos!!! All of the prior books were impressive with their lack of typos but this one was filled with them. Trying out a new editor maybe?? I will continue to be a fan though.
velvet goffe
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice little thriller

I liked the build up of the characters so that you became familiar with them . I’ve always enjoyed Clive Custler books and reading about the background of these made me want to read one of these. I read one and really enjoyed it. So I read this one and was happy with it too.
Patricia Lyle
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
So so with moments of wow!

I have read many of Nick Thacker’s books and love the characters of Harvey Bennett and his friends. There are parts of this book that are very well done but enough that is half-hearted that I end up frustrated. If you don’t mind typos and blind alleys in the writing, you can enjoy a lively story
ronald c. greenberg
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best of the series

I’ve read all the preceding four and this one picks right up from the last book and doesn’t wait to get moving fast. I can’t wait for the next one which is due out soon. What new adventures await this group.
Virginia Williams
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paradise Key is a fast paced thriller!

A well earned cruise turns into s Shanghaied working nightmare as Ben and Julia are intercepted by their coworker Reggie. Science goes awry in this Caribbean thriller. Fast page turner! CE Williams Free from Bookbub
Marti
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely could not put this book down! Super plot, non-stop thrilling action and wonderful characters. Nick Thacker and Harvey Bennett are in top form!

I received an eARC with no strings attached.
Rick Lane
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling roller coaster ride that never let's up.

Definitely Nick Thacker's best book yet. The thrills just keep coming in the latest in the Harvey Bennett series. If you like Clive Cussler you will love Nick Thacker.
Anita Watson
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book ends way too early! A floating island filled with people for research purposes in contravention of all laws. Ravenshadow almost getting the upper hand. I really expected it to be the end of Ben and Reggie's adventures. Great read.
Gregory S. Bates
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a croc

Always wanted a title like that. Now this is a well written thriller who ever did the spell check did a very good job. Nice not to guess what a author is trying to say.
lovestoread
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do love the adventures this crew go on, albeit, unintentionally!

Ben and Julie have their vacation interrupted by Reggie, who has a lead on The Hawk. Julie is none to happy about it, but goes along. Once they hit Paradise Key, the action and drama really begin.

Great fast paced read!
KEVIN
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Harvey Bennett series!

Each book in the series is better than the one before. I am a huge Nick Thacker fan and always will be. This book was exciting, fun and thrilling. I love the science/medical twists in the stories. Awesome book.
Jenny Hambleton
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

Once again, Mr Thacker led me on a merry chase with a couple of heart stoppers thrown in near the end. Great style and inventive thinking. You've just gotta love big Ben.
Margaret Williams
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On the edge of your seat thriller.

Sometimes paradise isn’t exactly what it is supposed to be. Ben and the rest of CSO find that out when they are assigned the task of checking out OceanTech. They might even have a chance at getting a hold of the Hawk. But things aren’t what they appear to be. As always Nick Thacker brings the action to you and keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.
Rick Lacy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Watch out for this gang!

Action and intrigue. A true thriller in the league of Clive Cussler. Evil geniuses. Malevolent adversaries. Beautiful, brainy women. What more do you need? Oh yeah, brave but self effacing heroes. Check. It's got it all. Fun!
Thomas Pride
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another twisted yarn

Thacker writes interesting stories that weave around while actually focusing on the end. It is hard to determine where he is going until you fall through. I like the twists.
  • The Cup (The Project #13)
  • Early Warning (Devlin, #2)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy #6)
  • Gates of Dawn (Jake Adams International Espionage Thriller #12)
  • Immortal Pyramid (The Judas Chronicles #6)
  • Executive Treason (Executive #2)
  • The Einstein Papers (John Taft, #1)
  • Borealis
  • The Ruins (Pike Logan #12.5)
  • Dead in Damascus (Special Operations Group #0.5)
  • Dark Entry
  • Last Prophecy of Rome (Myles Munro #2)
  • Dead Light
  • The Samurai Cipher (Sean Wyatt, #8)
  • Targets of Revenge (Jordan Sandor #3)
  • Operation Fishwrapper (Jock Miles WW2 Adventure, #5)
  • The Lisbon Crossing (Jack Teller, #2)
Nick Thacker is a thriller author from Texas who lives in Colorado and Hawaii, because Colorado has mountains, microbreweries, and fantastic weather, and Hawaii also has mountains, microbreweries, and fantastic weather. In his free time, he enjoys reading in a hammock on the beach, skiing, drinking whiskey, and hanging out with his beautiful wife, tortoise, two dogs, and two daughters. For more in ...more

Harvey Bennett (6 books)
  • The Enigma Strain (Harvey Bennett #1)
  • The Amazon Code (Harvey Bennett #2)
  • The Ice Chasm (Harvey Bennet #3)
  • The Jefferson Legacy (Harvey Bennett #4)
  • The Aryan Agenda (Harvey Bennett #6)