Start by marking “Moon Blood (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Moon Blood (Book 1)

Moon Blood (Book 1)

4.79  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Kane de Medici, the first blood son of Brogio, the original vampire, saves Moon, a hybrid wolf pup from certain death. The kindred two are soon immersed in a world of corporate espionage, murder and intrigue and forced to fight for their lives. Escaping capture and torture when human predators discover their vampire nature, they exact deadly revenge.

While Moon Blood Is loy
Published January 15th 2018 by Troll River Publications

To ask other readers questions about Moon Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Blood

Rickey Morris
I have received an Advanced Copy of this Book in exchange for an Honest Review
Moon-Blood 1 by Carol McKibben, is a spin-off from her original Snow Blood Books was a like reading from a Rollercoaster climbing to two or three hundred feet in the air, and holding for a few seconds allowing you to look straight down at your possible demise if something goes wrong...Then whoosh: your stomach and intestines clinch and churn, yet you can't put it down. It's one of the most grabbing books I've read the
Cami Hensley
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing storyline. Carol McKibben has written the story really allows readers to become sucked into the characters lives and ultimate outcome. It was very well written and I enjoyed the mix of action, drama, and paranormal aspects.

There was a lot of backstory needed but it didnt bog down the novel as a whole. I felt like I had enough information while learning new things as I went. I loved the writing style, it was easy to follow and the pacing was spot on.

McKibben has really raised the l
Patricia Myers
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Moon Blood has always had a close relationship to Kane. While following him one night when he was out feeding, she gets her foot caught in a bear trap and is close to death. She asks Kane to turn her. What follows is so full of mystery and intrigue. It was interesting how Moon became a shape shifter. It keep me reading until I got to the end of the book. I was left wanting more. Can't wait until the next book in this series!
I received a ARC of this book.
Juanita E. Arp
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book 📚 set, it has great storylines. Can't wait for more from these authors. Received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Susan
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting mix of paranormal and cooperate espionage in a fast paced plot, with intriguing characters.
Rachel Jordan
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Moon a hybrid wolf pup is saved from certain death by vampire Kane de Medici. When Moon goes to Malibu with Kane she finds herself caught up in espionage and the pair find themselves fighting for their lives.

Now I'll be honest this is the first book by Carol McKibben I have read so I have no knowledge of her Snow Blood books.
To me that didn't make any difference, although I'm aware other's may not feel the same and would prefer to read the other series first.
Carol tell this thrilling story throu
Rosemary
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of fantasy/thrillers with weres & vampires
Moon Blood - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Ex-vampire/werewolf hybrids, Brogio and Snow Blood, now human again have several Were 'pups', one of which is shifter Were Moon Blood, who becomes vampire-enhanced after a bear trap leaves her dying from blood loss. Only Kane, Brogio's heir and leader of Vampire-kind could save her in this spell-binding romance by the inimitable Carol McKibben, that portrays a sweet, yet thrilling homage to the Twilight series, which will delight fans of this and other vamp
Dina Bushrod
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal fans, vampire lovers,
A vampire, a vampire wolf, space technology and a sexy corporate spy. What ?

The authors new series concerns Kane, the original vampires first blood son. Along with him we have Snow Blood and Nova's first pups, in particular a female pup that bonded with Kane. She is so taken with him that whenever he visits she follows him everywhere she can. During one of his visits she is caught in a bear trap and is so severely injured she cannot be saved. With the permission of his family and the desire of t
Blane
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a grand story full of surprises and intrigue. I enjoyed learning about McKibben’s world of human, wolf, and vampire hybrids and their extended family. The special relationship between Moon, a hybrid wolf, and her vampire uncle, Kane de Medici is at the center of the adventure and made it easy to empathize with the characters. I also appreciated how she wove current events including plans to reach Mars, Elon Musk and Space X, into this engaging story.
I literally could not put this page-
C. Gonzales
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I loved the descriptive way this novel was written. It really submerges the reader into the world. I think this is even more crucial given that we are reading from the wolfs perspective.
There were a lot of moving a parts to this one and I really liked the originality that McKibben brought.
I think that as soon as you start this one, you wont want to stop until you have finished it and then you will want to read more by the author as soon as possible!
Jessica Traver cashen
Shelves: arc-s
This is a great read. I couldn't put it down, I was pulled in on page 1! This is a fast paced read with a great plot and characters. Moon Blood is imprinted with Kane. She follows him one night when he goes out to feed. Moon's leg gets caught in a bear trap, she is at deaths door. She communicates to Kane to turn her. I loved what Moon becomes. I cant wait to read the next book! I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Bailey Ember
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Carol McKibben has a great ability for description. She really makes the reader understand the ins and outs of Moon Blood by giving such in depth descriptions.

I loved the spin that McKibben used in her writing. I was shocked with how much I connected to both characters.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. There is plenty going on and its a very quick yet satisfying read.
Bobbi
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read of Carol McKibben and I have to say I want to read more. This has different aspects of the wolf and vampire. I wasn't expecting what this story has going on and was pleasantly surprised and loved it from the very first page. So much action and the stories that unfold are amazing.
Gina Stamper
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
This is a novel that will have you immersed in the world Carol McKibben has created. She really does a great job of setting the scene and giving the reader enough backstory about her world.
The characters are very well developed, complex, and multi dimensional which allows the reader to become invested.
McKibben’s writing style is very direct. There is no skirting around things.
Truly
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this fast-paced novel that is full of mystery and suspense. The characters are remarkably intriguing with the perfect mix of backstories that help to mesh with the overall plot. Overall, a story that is sure to stick with you long after reading the last page.
Dena Ellis
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I really enjoyed reading this book, I love shifter vampire ones.
About a kindred family of wolves and vampire sires. I would recommend anyone to read this and I look forward to reading the second one
Samantha Turley
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a vivid new world Carol McKibben has brought us into! I like the fact that she takes something that most people are familiar with and twists it into something new and exciting.
I found her story telling to be compelling and the plot to be fast paced, it kept me on the edge of my seat.
Jackie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beginning to a new series. Wished it was longer, but well worth the time. Won a paperback as well and reread it again. I’m totally immersed in the story and can’t wait to read more.
James Lyon
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I don’t normally read this genre but the description of vampires, werewolf and flesh eaters was so good that I didn’t have any problem following the action.
Alicia
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Moon Blood picks up after the Snow Blood series, following one of the pups of Nova and Snow. Moon is saved by Kane after an injury, continuing the vampire dog storyline. You’d still be able to follow the plot without reading Snow Blood or Kane’s story first, but you get more enjoyment out of this if you do. The rehashing is very brief, and more a memory jog than complete synopsis (which is perfect and was just the right amount).
It was n
May 04, 2018
Nicole Lopez
May 22, 2018
Moon Blood 1 FREE in Kindle Memorial Weekend 1 1 May 27, 2018 07:56AM
RABT Book Tours: Tour Kick Off: Moon Blood by Carol McKibben 1 1 Jan 29, 2018 07:27AM
Carol McKibben was a magazine publisher for more than 20 years. She began a new career in freelance writing and editing in 2007. As well as editing other authors’ works to realize their dreams, she has completed Luke’s Tale and published a memoir, Riding Through It.

Carol currently writes from the heart of a dog's eyes. Often telling her stories to Laberdoodles, Basset Hounds and any stray that ha