Start by marking “Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)

Blazing Summer

(Darling Investigations #2)

Summer Butler is killing it in the ratings—and all of America is tuning in as New York Times bestselling author Denise Grover Swank greenlights a new season of TV’s hottest sleuth…

Summer Butler had no idea that Darling Investigations would be such a smash. But ratings don’t lie—fans love watching the former star solve real-life crimes in her hometown. With the first seas

Published June 5th 2018 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Blazing Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blazing Summer

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

darling investigations denise grover swank

Blazing Summer is book two in the Darling Investigations series by Denise Grover Swank. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Deadly Summer. But I have to say that this one really kicked it up a notch. It was really intense and although I had my hunches, I had no idea who the culprit was. Even though I knew going in to this series that it was classified as more of a “cozy mystery,” I still complained in the first book review that I wished there was a bit more of the rom
Ian
I've been putting off reading this book.
The whole premise just doesn't appeal to me.
The only thing I can think of that's more dull than reality TV is a book about a Reality TV program.

The basic premise is Summer Butler is a down on her luck Hollywood star. She's broke and about to lose her home so when she gets offered a part in a Reality TV program in which she returns to her home town and works as a PI she has little choice but to accept.

But the director has an axe to grind and would enjoy
Mackey
Blazing Summer – Darling Investigations 2 is the sizzling summer read – pun intended, of course. It’s hot, filled with tension and great for a quick read on a lazy summer afternoon. However….

Blazing Summer is the second book in the Darling Investigations series by Denise Grover Swank however it also works as a stand alone since the first chapter is devoted to catching you up with Summer Butler since the last book. Summer is a former actress from a police show, a former beauty queen who worked th
Bea  Charmed
The narrator was excellent; she gave each character their own voice. The story was convoluted, soap opera-ish, dragged a bit, and was a mix of twists and the expected.
.Under the pages
Review available at Under the Pages.

description
Heather
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart-pounding, hold-your-breath, edge-of-your-seat, action-packed... just awesome. Such an incredible book. I was drawn in on page one. DGS is definitely a master of her craft. I was honored to get an ARC of this book and devoured it. I really like Summer as a character and sincerely hope there are more books in the series.
Laura Martinez
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was sizzling!! I absolutely love this series!!!
It was muy caliente 🔥🔥(thinking of Luke) and it had me guessing who was behind the whole thing. It was like I was watching a show and it had me on the edge of my seat reading the story!! It was filled with some “gotcha”, laughter, and tears. Loved it.❤❤
Lauren
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-first-reads
In this second book in the Darling Investigations series, Summer has just returned to Sweet Briar after a visit to California. The first season of her P.I. Investigations reality tv show went well. So they have been signed on for more seasons. But she’s hit with a big surprise on day one of filming- She’s got a little competition. Her snooty producer, Lauren has decided the two opponents will each get a number of specific cases and they will see who the fans like best.

But of course Lauren gave
Niki
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars, rounded up to 4 for the rating because I'm feeling generous today. Despite having "Blazing" right on the title, there is not a single weed joke in the book. Preposterous.

Jokes aside, this was a lovely book. Not as great as its predecessor Deadly Summer, but still firmly standing strong, on its own two feet. "Sequelitis" is definitely a thing (when the sequel isn't as great as the original), and this book both did and didn't dodge that bullet. The bullet kind of grazed it, but didn't i
Emmy
This one had a little bit of a shaky start for me, but after that I got totally drawn in. I loved seeing Luke and Summer's relationship continue to develop and the mystery, while dealing with a lot of characters at first which started to get confusing, got interesting once I got more into it.
I could seriously do without Lauren though and I was glad she wasn't in it more.
Nicki Pipes
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I already love Summer and company so I was really excited to read Blazing Summer! I loved it! It was even better than the first book and I can't wait to read it again. The characters are so great! The kind you want to keep visiting, book after book. The story was excellent and entertaining! Blazing Summer was full of mystery, humor, and a little romance on the side. My favorite kind of book!

In this 2nd book of the Darling Investigations series Summer is back with her camera crew and her cousin D
Jeanne
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jeep-diva
Rating 4.5 stars.

Blazing Summer is my first Denise Grover Swank book. It caught my attention because it's set in my current home state, Alabama. I worried about taking book two in a series since I've struggled with jumping into the middle of a series. Swank writes very well and I enjoyed this first, but definitely not last, story from her. Most of the time, the characters didn't talk like Alabamians but the average reader will probably appreciate that fact as southern dialog is more than just a
Sandy Bartles
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of the Darling Investigations series is a rousing success! Summer Butler is really getting the hang of being a private investigator and things are moving along with police chief Luke Montgomery. I enjoyed the ups and downs in the story and had some laughs and tears along the way.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley.
Cheryl
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Summer a child actor took part in a reality show called Darling investigations and solved a real crime so her show is renewed and over the course of the new episodes solves another real crime. lots of danger and she rekindles with her old boyfriend.
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is such a fun read! Summer Butler’s second adventure fully captured my imagination and made me smile. This time around, Summer is investigating a string of arson attack and her cousin Dixie is the main suspect.

This is a gentle read. I loved the careful and very funny observations of small town Southern life and the slightly satirical take on reality television. The characters in Sweet Briar really come to life
Tami Garcia
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More mystery

I couldn't stop reading! I love how the story picks up and dives right into controversy and arceny. It is so worth reading
Amanda
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blazing Summer is a terrific addition to the Darling Investigations series. I really enjoyed book 1 and was incredibly curious about what Denise could top the big case from Deadly Summer with. This case for season 2 of Summer’s show is great and dredges up the past, which makes it even more interesting. The novel has a good combination of it all - mystery and suspense, humor, action, and romance. I was glad there was a little more romance added to this novel compared with the first of the series ...more
JMV
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
Received from Netgalley for a honest review. Nobody writes a cozy mystery like Denise Grover Swank. Summer Baumgartner is the perfect heroine for this southern country setting. The story is cute, fun and even a little corny. You’ll fall in love with Sweet Briar Alabama and all its colorful characters.
Laila Nelke
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was one phenomenal grandiose Blazing Summer! My emotions are still spinning! I loved Summer after first book but now I love her and her team even more! Such a breath holding, heart pounding read! Non stop action packed fast paced full of fun, laughter, love and terrified situations. Denise Grover Swank has a phenomenal talent of crafting mysteries and stories let alone creating fantastic characters! And this one proved it again! I need more of Summer! I keep hoping there will be more books ...more
Linda Quick
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book!!! This is book two in the Darling Investigations series and it is even better than the first. This is fast paced, fun, and funny, and Summer investigates a series of crimes for her reality television series. While doing this with her cousin, Dixie, she stumbles across evidence in the crime that Dixie was convicted of years ago - then her investigation takes a very personal slant.

While learning how to investigate, Summer tries to make sense of her relationship with Luke, the poli
Sandra Lancaster
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as the title says, this book is blazing hot! While I enjoyed the first book in this series, I absolutely love this one. It is fast-paced and action packed with humor and a mystery that kept me guessing. As always, Denise pulls you into the story and makes you feel as though you are there. Luke is just yummy and had me swooning right along with Summer. I'm holding out hope that the series will continue after this book, as I am loving this group of characters.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanc
suze joyce
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Blazing Summer. Although I could do without Lauren, a little to close to local politics for me, love all the characters. Hope Summer moves on to her own business next. Denise always keeps you guessing whodunnit and who didn't. Denise captures small town politics well. Couldn't put it down. Left me wanting more.
Angela
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Summer is such a great character. She’s smart and funny but also doesn’t back down. Another great story line in the s cons book of the series. With twists and turns you don’t expect it’s a great read.
Debbie Bonk
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book you won’t put it down till you finish excellent characters and plot makes you laugh and cry and trying to figure out what happened
Ruthie Parrish
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Summer and Luke sizzle! As usual Denise’s characters are more real than any author I’ve ever read. Just when I think I have it figured out... plot twist! I love it!
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
********4.5 Star Read********

Sometimes you find an author that makes you feel like you've come home every time you crack open a book. Denise is the writer for me. Her writing draws you into each book; you feel like every new character is a part of your family or inner circle and you laugh, cry and cheer with them through their journey.

Summer is a character you can easily relate to. Who hasn't had their life implode in some way and you felt like you burned bridges you can get back. Summer was ab
Sheila
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow....I didn't think I could love a character like I do Denise Grover Swank's Rose, but I was wrong. I am really loving Summer and her adventures. Actually I love the whole crew. We got to learn more about Bill this time and I love that there might be a romance between him and Dixie. Even Mee Maw sweetened up. Nash seems to be a man of mystery. And gotta love Big Brother Teddy and of course Luke. It always amazes me what a great story teller Denise is with all of her series. I look forward to m ...more
Rebecca Rodgers
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read. Summer's P.I. reality show has been renewed for another season and this time her show's director is determined to take Summer down a notch and get back at her for humiliating her during the season 1 premiere. Summer, however, is determined to not sink to her level and even suggests that the two work separately during the season and see who comes up with the better show content. But, when Summer's cousin Dixie is suddenly framed for murder and arson, Summer doesn't know whether her show ...more
Sandy Bartles
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley.
#ByFelicia
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I love this cast of characters and there’s even a few I love to hate. *cough, Lauren*. Summer delves into another season of her reality show Darling Investigations trying to come up with something to top her first season. She also gets closer to her handsome and swoon worthy boyfriend Luke. Her cousin Dixie finds herself in trouble when her past comes to haunt her and the crew does everything they can to help her. Can we just crush on Bill the camera man, please?! You’ll see a ...more

Darling Investigations (2 books)
  • Deadly Summer (Darling Investigations #1)
“I told Trent I had to be at work, and then he finally agreed to let me and some of the others go.” Agreed to let her go. Really? “You didn’t think to take Dixie home?” I asked, trying to hide my outrage. Her shoulders stiffened. “I was goin’ to, but Trent said he’d do it.” I really needed to have another talk with Trent. “How many other people were at the party? Who were they?” “About twelve or so.” She took a breath as if gathering her courage. “Monica and Blane Hyde. Rebecca Smelt. Matt Greenwood. And Amelia. Oh, and Rick Springfield.” She paused. “That’s it.” That lined up with the list Dixie had given me. Neither of them had mentioned Nash Jackson. “What about Rick’s cousin?” Her eyes narrowed in disbelief. “Why would Rick’s cousin show up at Trent’s party?” Her tone indicated she was talking about the bald one Amber had mentioned. “Not Herbert. Nash.” “Who’s Nash?” Why had no one heard of this guy? I shook my head. “Rick’s cousin, Nash Jackson, has been hanging around, and no one seems to know who he is. Could he have been there?” She shrugged. “Maybe . . . ? Rick didn’t stay long. He showed up early but left while Dixie was in the bathroom.” “Rick was in the house while Dixie was there?” “He may not have gone in the house. Most of us use the gate at the side of the house. The Dunbars added one of those fancy iron fences a few years back.” “But he could have gone inside.” And if Dixie had left her drink on a counter or table, he would have had access to drug her. But why drug her if he was leaving? So far I had more questions than answers. “Who was still there when you left?” “Amelia. And Gabby and Mark. Wait . . . ,” she said, her eyes widening. “Bruce showed up around the time I was leavin’.” “Bruce Jepper?” He wasn’t on Dixie’s list, but then he wouldn’t have been if he’d arrived after she lost consciousness. “Yeah. He looked pissed and drunk, but” 0 likes
“Garrett slipped his arms through the” 0 likes