Start by marking “The Book Splash Horror Story” as Want to Read:
The Book Splash Horror Story

The Book Splash Horror Story

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Vacationing with a splash of blood…

Rennie Laval was about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. A virgin cruiser, what better way to pop her cherry than onboard the luxurious Norwegian. Set to sail to the sunny Caribbean on a week long vacation, her only expectation was to soak up the warm sun, and spectacular sights, all while consuming frothy umbrella drinks.

Travelli
Published January 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Book Splash Horror Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book Splash Horror Story

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a twisted mind this author has.. The Book Splash cruse is real.. Authors mentioned in the book are real.. The author writing this book attends this cruise. After reading this I'd be very afraid to be out in the middle of ocean with her..

This is a horror story with one heck of a twisted ending - something this author excels at..
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Are y’all ready to hop on the cruise of a lifetime?? Lol

Well pack your bags and hop aboard the Book Splash Cruise and Cassia Brightmore will scare your britches off while reading this book..lol I really enjoyed reading Book Splash Horror Story, especially since I love going to author events and I freaking love reading!! But now I think I might be a bit scared of going on a cruise…eeepppp..lol

Soo there is a cold blooded killer on the loose and nobody knows who it is and who will get the axe next
Tanaka K
You probably know, judging from the books I read that I love to read different types of books. I might have favourite genres I read but I don't always stick to them sometimes. I like to branch out. Branching out lead me to The Book Splash Horror Story. Man, this book is a FUCKING TRIP. One big bundle of MADNESS. Cassia Brightmore writes some of the most messed up books but with The Book Splash Horror, she teared open my heart and gave me chills and thrills in a sick and twisted plot that will fo ...more
Suzanne Radcliffe
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. I attended the 2018 Book Splash, purchased the paperback at the signing event, and read it during the cruise! The twists were great - had me thinking the whole time. I am a fan of the horror movies Cassia mentions in the front of the book and I like her dark writing. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where to start with this? Cassia's brain is at times a scary place to be. I am not sure how she comes up with a brilliant premise and then rolls with it name dropping attending authors and actual passengers. I was entertained and grossed out simultaneously.. This is a love story and a story with a killer on the loose. Can you figure out who the killer is? I am just going to go out on a limb and say "that ending" is a mind twister.
Paula D
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You go to a book signing on a boat and it ends up a gruesome horror story! Rennie is going to Book Splash signing on a boat and is really excited. Little does Rennie know what’s all gonna happen. If you love old school horror movies you will love this book as much as I do! Who is killing people left and right? Will anyone come off the boat alive? We even get some hot romance mixed into the mix with everything going on And the ending I’m still sitting here with my mouth open totally shocked me! Y ...more
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Fantastic read.

This book should be made into a movie as I was reading I could just see it playing out as a movie and it would be great on big screen.
I am not going to go into details of this book I don't want to give anything away.

A few twists I didn't see coming and you will not be able to turn the pages quick enough to find out who the killer is. It will have you on the edge of your seat, I really did not see THAT twist not saying which one as again don't want to spoil it.
I really not sure ho
Cindy Fong
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where to start with this? Cassia's brain is at times a place to be. I am not sure how she comes up with a brilliant premise and then rolls with it name dropping attending authors and actual passengers. I was entertained and grossed out simultaneously.. This is a love story and a story with a killer on the loose. Can you figure out who the killer is? I am just going to go out on a limb and say "that ending" is a mind twister.
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Omg!! Wow!!....... I am not sure how Cassia Brightmore comes up with this stuff but I can tell ya, I'd think twice before setting sail with her LOL!! This is a pretty quick, entertaining read with alot of gore....and I mean ALOT!! And just when I thought the author had went soft on me, she bashed me upside of the head!! I seriously never saw that coming!!

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review voluntarily
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
I'm kind of at a loss here. I don't know if this was legitimately supposed to be a frightening read, or if it was supposed to be some sort of tongue-in-cheek parody. Whatever the case, this one didn't work for me on many different levels. Full review to come.
Stefanie Kral
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
✯✯4 Bloody Twisted Stars!!✯✯

Holy mother jeez!! Cassia is known for her dark, twisted, bloody, mind blowing reads. This book was no different. The only thing different is she based both the story and characters off the annual cruise the indie book world goes on every year.

Rennie's a book lover and has become friendly with the authors and bloggers in the Indie community. The past few years the community goes on an annual cruise they've called Book Splash . This year Rennie has decided she's n
Terri Turner
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short enjoyable read from Cassia Brightmore, who is well known for her dark suspense with catch you out endings and this one was no exception. It is very cleverly and well written, she had me hanging on the edge of my seat trying to guess who might be responsible for the gruesome goings-on, on board the liner holding it's regular meeting of the Booksplash Club book signings.

Rennie had needed a much deserved holiday and this was just what she wanted; out in the ocean heading towards th
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

Gail
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arc given for honest review..
Oh hell what did I just read.. good lord Cassia can write some amazing thrillers.. I think I have almost all of her other books so guess I know what I am starting tomorrow..
This book completely sucked me in and I read in just a couple hours.
Rennie Laval was about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. A virgin cruiser, what better way to pop her cherry than onboard the luxurious Norwegian. Set to sail to the sunny Caribbean on a week-long vacation, her only exp
Suzanne
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a one of a kind story that Cassia Brightmore gives us with The Book Splash Horror Story. There are a lot of omg did that just happen moments and really makes you wonder if you want to take a cruise with her! I really enjoyed the build with the killer as well as watching Rennie’s character develop throughout the insanity. I did find myself reading as fast as I could to find out who was doing what and who would die which way. Not gonna lie, there were some epic murder styles taking place i ...more
Anima
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
Never taking a cruise again. Seriously, crazy creepy to be enjoying a fun trip with book lovers and find a psycho killer on the loose. The man candy, by way of Duke, was a nice slice of hotness to add to the fun. Brightmore seemed to enjoy poking a bit of fun at the cruise and her author friends. This was a quick read, kept me entertained for a few hours and on my toes. The only thing that bothered me was the unnecessary need to mention the first and last names of attendees, too many of them it ...more
Tammi
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely brilliant! A spine tingling thriller/mystery with a love story playing out in the midst of terrifying chaos.
If you are a person familiar with the crazy Indie Book World you might recognize some names (I did and it gave me a giggle) but even if you aren't is a FANTASTIC riveting horror story.
Stuck on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean with a psycho killer on board. It doesn't get more frightening than that. And a twist at the end that I definitely did not see coming!
Debbie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg freaking awesome !!!

I loved this book!! Since I'm going on book splash for the first time, I gotta tell ya the book kinda freaked me out!!! Lol but it was definitely a horror story but a great little story too!!! It was sooooo cool reading about people I know!!! And I was in it?!!! Lmfao!! Omg to see my own name come up?! And my bestie?! That was pretty awesome!! Well I read this while packing for book splash so wish me luck?! Lol I highly recommend this book it was very entertaining!! Than
Dawn Rivera
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Author Cassia Brightmore takes the annual Booksplash cruise to a twisted, dark and scary place. Reading this the week before heading on this particular cruise myself, made this book not only a horrid gory mysterious read, but also a fun read as I recognised authors and readers, along with myself and roomie, and people I met at my first booksplash cruise last year. But, OMG.... that epilogue ending.... who seen that coming??!!?!?!
I am not usually one for blood and gore but this book really was qu
Joelle
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the concept and the execution!!!!!

When I first heard that Cassia was writing this book, I was thrilled. What a novel idea to write about the Book Splash community. And what a way to do it!!!! This is my third year on Book Splash and having it immortalized in print is really cool. I can't wait to get my signed copy on the ship. I'm on the plane right now and I can't think of a more perfect way to start the trip.

I'm not typically a fan of horror but I loved every minute of this book. It had m
Mindy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oohh what a twisted tale. I loved this book it sucked me. I couldn't stop reading it. There is so many things I want to say about this book but I can't say much because you will not want this book spoiled for you!! I need to reread it now knowing the ending just to see if their was clues to the outcome that I missed.
Monique
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow Great Story

Wow! Cassia did it again, she has done a feat job at writing this story. Seriously this women knows how to write one amazing horror story. It was very interesting had me at the edge of my seat. Must say that ending though didn't see it coming... if you like reading suspense and some horror with a little bit of romance then read The Book Splash Horror Story.
Jessica
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OMG Cassia Brightmore please don't ever let me get on your bad list lol. You write some wickedly sick stuff and I love it. This is no exception.

The book splashers are excited to go on the week long trip, all fun times to be had until its turned into the nightmare of their lives.
Tara
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This story! I will admit that in certain parts of the book, I was expecting the predictable story line for a suspense, mystery genre. I have read several books by Cassia and know that this isn't her style of writing. Predictable does not exist in her world and that is why I am a fan of her books. This is a must read and well worth it!
Paula Genereau
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. Nothing says nightmare as what happened to Rennie on her first cruise trip ever. Such a great story
Kim
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never been to a book signing and have always wanted to go. This is the 2nd book I read by a different author who has some horror happen at a signing. This Book Splash I heard was a blast and this book is based on that cruise. The book seemed so really in away and I could actually see a cruise set up as a horror theme cruise like a mystery who done it cruise. I was kinda shocked at the end but part of me had a feeling who was behind it all. What a great read.
Krissy loves to read
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a gory, twisted thriller in a while and oh how I’ve missed them! This was a brilliant idea of a story, Cassia has brought my most favorite book world into a horror show dream! I loved how she used this real life event and made it her own fiction with terror and twists that were unseen until the end! I was on the edge of my seat with suspense and nail biting horror. To all my thriller seeking readers, this is for you! Let Cassia take you on the ride of Epic for the week long ride o ...more
Rebecca Waldron
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dive right in!

Seriously! Does Cassia Brightmore write a bad book? HELL NO! She writes twisted, sexy and entertaining books. I have read all of her books so far and will continue to read more.
If you like to read twisted, dark yet entertaining books... Dive Right in! You will not be disappointed.
Georgette
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I died. A violent death. Right on the first pages of the book.
She didn't wait. But I fought, well, I ran....but it was futile. I was no match to the killer....
Seriously, this was a great thought out story for those of us who live The Book Splash!!
I love that Cassia did this and can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!
~Misty~
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my

Wow! What an adventure! Never have I had guessed this would end the way it did! I have no idea why it took me so long to read this! I really enjoyed it!
Cassia Brightmore is a Canadian dark romance author. She loves writing dark stories with twisted characters that she hopes will thrill the reader as well as make them fall in love.

She loves hockey, video games and online shopping. If she's not writing or editing, you can usually find her doing one of these things. Writing is her passion and publishing her first book as an indie author is truly a