Start by marking “Still Us” as Want to Read:
Still Us

Still Us

From the first time they locked eyes, Lila Morrow and Luke Bowman had a special spark. Their first kiss sealed their fairy-tale romance… until everything fell apart.

Luke’s life began when he met Lila—and in many ways, it ended when she left him. Drowning in regrets, Luke is determined to give Lila the space to be happy. The sexy, singing roofer quickly realizes, however,
ebook
Published May 19th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Still Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Us

DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Maren and Will are making out in the corner like he’s just come back from war, and I quickly avert my eyes so I don’t see something I won’t be able to unsee. Maren’s bold, but I didn’t think an accountant would be so shameless at a family gathering. I guess Maren really does bring out a different side of him, as he claimed during their crazy romantic proposal last December.

“Oh, Harvey, you know I like to get a look at the delivery boy. How am I going to rate him on m
ItaPixie
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Still Us was an interesting read.
It tells the story of two lost soul mates and the journey that will take them to happiness.

Luke and Lila took the hardest decision of their lives leaving their love nest and their relationship behind starting to live without the other.
Even living apart they still think to each other and their love story but their longing will be enough to overcome their differences and to change their minds going back to each other??

I have once again appreciated Lindsay Detwiler

Danielle S.
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrring
Still Us is the story of Luke & Lila. Soulmates who’ve lost their way over time.

Luke loves Lila. Lila loves Luke. But Lila wants things in life that Luke isn’t willing to give. He’s too scarred. So, in order to get what she feels she deserves out of life, and for him to give it to her the only way he feels he can....they move on, apart.

Will they find their way back to their soulmate?

Okay, if I’m being totally honest (which is always the case) this story left a lot to be desired for me. I w
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, arc
I really liked this realistic romance and laughed out loud several times about the grandmother! Luke’s mom also reminded me at times of my own mother and I loved that it was a HEA! Great story and great characters. I can’t wait to read another ❤ ...more
Cyndi Becker
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay Detwiler doesn't always play the angst card, but when she does, WATCH OUT! This story grabbed me and held on. From there very opening lines I cared about this couple in distress and loved being a part of their journey. Luke and Lila are a young, unmarried couple at a cross roads. The opening of a story begins with their ending and thus I found myself on pins and needles, hoping I'd determine that they should and could have a second chance.

Told in alternate voices, we experience their bre
Sunny Shelly Reads
Still Us is not your traditional second-chance romance. The book begins with Luke and Lila's breakup, and most of the story is about both of them trying to move on and how miserable they are without one another.

Through flashbacks, we learn what happened that led to the split, how they reached the point of no return. Luke has some demons to battle, and even as miserable as he is without Lila, he doesn't seem to be willing to work through his issues, opting to instead wallow in his sadness. It wa
Sharon Jones
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I can't express how much I enjoyed reading this book. This is not your typical romance story. It starts with Luke and Lila breaking up, and then the majority of the story is either how they are both trying to move on or flashbacks to how they met and what led up to their break up.
What really stood out to me was even though they were no longer together, they both knew it would almost be impossible to find a new relationship with just an ounce o
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yet again Lindsay has written a very unique story. I've loved the first two books I read of hers- Inked Hearts and All of You. This book is different because most of it Lila and Luke spend apart. We learn about their past and why they broke up through flashbacks. During the time both characters examine themselves and what they really want in life. There are many hilarious moments starring Grandma Clare and Maren. I admit I feel like it may have been too much time apart. I wish the plot had playe ...more
Konny
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lindsay Detwiler writes great books. I devoured her Inked Hearts and All of You, booth are 5 star reads who I recommend. And I couldnt wait to get my hands on Still Us.

Still Us is a full-length, standalone romance novel.
Meet Lila Morrow and Luke Bowman. Both were a great couple and they love each other deeply. But life throw one too many wrench their way and now theyre broken up.
Both are miserable and mourn their relationship. But sometimes love isnt enough and you have to start over.

I started r
Laura Hampton
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have had the opportunity to read by this author and I look forward to finding time to read more of her work. Still Us is a second-chance romance story. I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters. I felt it moved a little slow at times, but I think that was necessary for me as the reader to learn more about the lead characters and their pasts. I thought Still Us was relatable and engaging and the secondary characters were awesome, especially the grandmother.

Luke Bo
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
We’ve all been there; loved someone so hard and thought it was forever. Then it ended. Yet, you couldn’t shake that person from your system. That’s what this story is. It’s a second chance, beautiful and angsty story about two people who go their separate ways, but can’t shake the other from their system.

I really liked Lila. She’s a strong, career minded woman who knows what she wants out of life. She’s smart, witty and quite funny. Her relationship with her grandmother is my absolute favorite!
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to think about this book. It's unlike any other romance I've ever read before. It begins with the end of a relationship between the Hero and Heroine. The book is about them moving on with their lives...apart. And that's just the beginning! But, I kept an open mind, and kept on reading.

Luke and Lila were happy together.....until they weren't. They decided they weren't good together, that they wanted different things from life, and split up. They each went their separate ways a
Romi || Romi Reads
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, ebooks
Again a book by Lindsay Detwiler I absolutely loved! I love how realistic and relatable the characters are. You get to know every single one of them very well, I also got to love them ALL (even crazy Grandma Claire) and I will definitely miss them now I’ve finished the book.

Still Us deals with heartbreak and loss in a very original way. It felt so real it almost had me crying a couple of times. One of my biggest fears is losing Pieter for some reason and this story just sketched an image of what
Elizabeth Cole
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Orginal post can be found at: http://www.nerdprobs.com/books/book-r...

**A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

When the author asked me to read her next book I was truly excited. I love, love, love her books. They are fun to read and a real breath of fresh air. This book was no different!

Luke and Lila are soulmates. The only problem is that Lila wants forever with a ring and Luke can’t give it to her. Luke has a bad history with marriage and love. His d
Susan
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this book. I loved that it wasn't a book about meeting your soulmate, or the finding of love, but focused on how love falls apart and what to do to bring it back.

Luke and Lila met three years ago. They fall quickly, and while they're very different than each other, they feel like they have met their other half. But the differences and wanting different things in life are what ultimately have them breaking up.

This story is told in the present day, while revealing bits of Luk
Naomi Connor
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

This story was beautifully written.
Luke and Lila are soul mates but they get stuck in a rut, Lila wants so much more but Luke is scared to give her it.
There is never a question of their love for one another, after their break up moving on for both of them is something that they know will never truly happen.
They are perfect for one another and this is their journey on finding their perfect future.

A relationship is
Ronice
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story starts out so differently than most others-with a breakup! What would happen to Luke and Lila now? Are they making a mistake or is this what they both need? I loved how it was easy to flip back and forth between Luke and Lila's perspective while still following along with the story and other incredible characters. There was great backstories to understand what happened in their relationship while following them through their next steps. This sweet romance {with some GREAT comedy!} was ...more
Heather Jasinski
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still Us by Lindsay Detwiler is a romance book that will devour you from the beginning. You ever here the saying- if it was meant to be let it go and if it comes back it's yours to keep, it it doesn't then it was never yours. That saying is basically what sums this story up.
Luke and Lila are the main characters. Luke who saw his parents marriage fail was afraid to commit to someone. Lila a girl who wants to be happily married with kids someday.
Luke and Lila = soulmates
Another fun and sassy char
Jamie Howerton
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just really liked this book! I think that much of what is discussed is true for many couples and people forget to fight for what they want. Relationships aren’t easy and they take a lot of work.

Lila and Luke are perfect for each other until they aren’t. If that doesn’t describe most relationships, I don’t know what does. This story goes through the good, the bad, and the cringeworthy. I was rushing through to figure out just why they broke up and to see what would happen.

The characters and the
Masque of the Red Pen Book Blog
Lindsay Detwiler writes about the great impact of first love in the release, Still Us. Follow Luke and Lila throughout the turmoil of coming to the realization that sometimes, what you’re looking for has been right in front of you all along. If you’re looking for a sweet romance this book is for you. Detwiler delivers the perfect amount of sweetness and angst and the perfect view of the progression of first love to forever love.
Katherine
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not care for the overall story and it was really slow. Light--almost non-existing--humor, mainly Lila's grandmother was the only funny person. The story is about Lila and Luke, alternating pov between the two, splitting up and trying to date others only to realize they miss each other. It took quite a while to learn why they split to begin with, and after I found out I kept thinking, "Why didn't you guys talk more and try and figure things out before doing the drastic split?!"
Sarah Rodriguez
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story. Most love stories are about a couple and watching their love grow. This was so different and refreshing since the couple broke up at the beginning of the book and had to learn to live without each other before finding their way back to one another. Some parts were a little slow but it was nice getting to really know the characters and be part of their lives.
Lori
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still Us is a realistic love story of Luke & Lila. With many ups and downs, this book definitely keeps your interest. All of the different family members are quite entertaining. Love the hilarious Grandma character. If you’re an animal lover, this is a great book for you. This author has a unique writing style. Love all of her books.
Jessica Barth
Jejunic
Jun 05, 2018
K
Jun 14, 2018

Join Lindsay's VIP Fan Club here and get an exclusive excerpt of Remember When for Free: http://bit.ly/rememberwhenexcerpt

An English teacher, an author, and a fan of anything pink and/or glittery, Lindsay's the English teacher cliché; she love cats, reading, Shakespeare, and Poe.

She currently lives in her hometown with her husband, Chad (her junior high sweetheart); their cats, Arya, Amelia, Alice
“Lying on the couch there was just bone-chilling silence. There were no screaming fights or swearing arguments-we were both too tired, too done for that.
There was just the silence I’d broken hearts, of shattered dreams, and of painful tomorrows we knew were coming.”
0 likes
“Life’s too short. Sure, you weren’t perfect together. But guess what? Nobody is. Love is hard work, married or not. And when you find someone who fits you, someone who makes you happy, you hang on to it like it’s a one-of-a-kind flavor doughnut. And when it crumbles, you pick up the crumbs and put it back together.” 0 likes