Start by marking “Imperfect Love Story” as Want to Read:
Imperfect Love Story

Imperfect Love Story

5… The number of years since I’ve been home.

4… The number of people who know my secret.

3… The number of times I attempted to move on.

2… The number of months I spent crying after I left.

1… The number of men I’ll love in my lifetime.

They say everyone has one true love, one person who was made just for them. A person they were meant to spend the rest of their life with.

The t
ebook, 1
Published June 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Imperfect Love Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imperfect Love Story

Start your review of Imperfect Love Story
Ellie
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unremarkable

Very little imagination went into the creation of this story. It was a handful of tropes - YA insta-love, rich girl/poor boy, secret baby, second chance, slow burn.
And I mean slllooow burn - like the H & h don't meet up again till past the halfway point.
The story and the characters lacked depth and as a whole the book was just very basic and sterile. The main arc of the story should have evoked some emotion but the writer lacked the skill to impart that emotion through her words or t
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Do you ever get over the one person who you love with all your heart?

No, you never really do but if you had the chance to have a do-over would you take it?

What if you had a secret that you wanted to share but have been “told” not to?

These are all the questions that Chloe has to find the answers to and more. Imperfect Love Story was just that a love story that had so many hurdles to jump. Heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Kim  Brewing
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book ticked all my boxes and it's a second chance romance!

When we're young we do all we can to please our parents, sometimes so much so that we lose part of ourselves. Sometimes our parents take their demands too far and it changes the trajectory of our lives. Such is the case of this story. I loved the characters, understood the events of the past and eagerly looked forward to the future. Really enjoyed it.
Katie Jones
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Rachael and it did not disappoint. All of her characters are so relatable and I felt like I was in Fairview by her describing it the way she did. Wyatt and Chloe are fantastic, along with Jones and Addy.
InD'tale Magazine
“Imperfect Love Story” is skillfully written from two perspectives: the past and the present.

Read full review in the 2018 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Shelley
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this second chance story with lots of background story so that you understand what is going on. Chloe and Wyatt have a love story that was forbidden by her parents and has made Chloe keep a huge secret for 5 years. What happens when Chloe finally comes home after all that time? I don't want to give anything away so you must read it!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Imperfect Love is a good read. I read a lot of books and a lots of times the story doesn't stick with me very long after I read it. I read this one four days ago and today I was reading another book but this one's story line kept coming up in my mind. So because it stuck with me in a good way, I have to say this is a five star read for me.

Chloe is an interesting character. Her parents are overbearing and plan everything out for her. Years ago, her parents arranged for her to leave town without
Emily Goodman
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachael Brownell's Imperfect Love Story is the book of perfection that my heart has been missing! Brownell wrote the perfect love story featuring two perspectives- past and present. Sometimes when an author takes this route I find it distracting. However, Brownell really did a great job taking me back and making me understand the depth of these characters.

What a roller coaster ride of emotions! Chloe and Wyatt's story was never easy. It was as heart breaking as it was heart warming but this sec
SyLvIa
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read, 3-assorted
[1.5 stars] dont like heroine's parents, i would have flip the table & cut off contacts with them instead of giving them a chance. also i dont like the constant switching between past & present. normally when author is switching between past & present, the "past" font might be be different or at least in italics. but this book that i'm reading in my kindle is the same font throughout. or there will be "past" or "present" word indication however this book doesn't have it either. so i am constantl ...more
Brittany Hively
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've had this on my kindle for awhile and finally read it and it's counterpart. So glad I did. It was a nice refresher to the drabbier books I had been reading.

This book was full of unexpected turns that all lead to multiple people taking back their lives and trying to gain back what they lost due to some unexpected life happenings.

It's hard to really say what all I loved and hated because that gives it away.

It was written well and I thoroughly enjoyed this duet!
Crystal Gray
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed-gems
I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Every new release of Rachael's becomes my new favorite of hers. Silly me started reading this at bedtime, needless to say I could not put it down until it was finished. Less than 5 hours later here I am writing my review and starting my day, no regrets! :-)

Chloe and Wyatt, their story is heartbreaking. Then add in Jones and wow. The emotion, pain, love, heartbreak. It was all so real! I can't wait to read the conclusion of this duet.
Dana
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do you ever get over the one person who you love with all your heart?

What if you had a secret that you wanted to share but have been “told” not to?

Alex Kay
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
If you’re looking for a feel good second chance romance, this is the book for you. Skillfully written and heart warming story line. I couldn’t put this one down, I had to find out what happened next. There are aspects of this book everyone can relate to. We all have our own Wyatt & Chloe. Definitely recommend. ...more
Joyce Martinez
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Claire had to make a hard choice and it left two broken hearts in its path. She was lucky that the love of her life was forgiving and did not give up hope. His grief become a beckon for their home town. So.glad that she decided to stand up to her parents and get what she wanted. Addy and Jones great addition to the story. Also love that Denver is mentioned my home city.
Nikkita
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully perfect!

I loved every aspect of this story. The characters down to the secondary ones were all very relatable. A perfectly imperfect second chance love story. True love will never fade, or disappear but in the end conquers.
Debra
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
If you are looking for a quick and easy read, with a sweet love story, this one is for you. I couldn't relate to the heroine, but I loved the hero. And I didn't understand her parents at all. Still, a pleasant summer read.
Sarah-the book addict
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall it was a good story. I enjoyed the book. I just felt like it could of been dragged out longer. The end what to quick for me. It also felt like it was kinda easy for them to work through things in a way. I guess I'm used to books where there is a bit more fight in the character's.
Sue
Amazing book. I loved it so much. Secret baby, return to home, angst, it’s all there.
Kathleen McWilliams
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the story line, but I felt like it dragged for a good portion. I did love it when it started to pick up momentum. Beautiful love story!
Amber Day
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful read

Looking at the blurb i was intrigued. I knew that I had to read this book. I am glad I did. The story was beautiful and heartbreaking. I thoroughly enjoy it.
Rachael Brownell
Nov 26, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
"Heartwarming and beautifully written, Imperfect Love Story is the perfect illustration that love can overcome most everything." - Casey L. Bond, Award-Winning author of the Sin Series.
Jessica. Voehl
Sep 27, 2018
Kiarra
Sep 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Deal Takers (Dealing With Love #2)
  • Love At First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)
  • One Hundred Reasons (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 1)
  • Choose Me
  • Falling (Fall and Rise Duet #1)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • Frat House Confessions: Ridge
  • Into Thin Air
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • Bad Night Stand (Billionaire's Club, #1)
  • The Legend (Sons of Texas, #3)
  • The Protector (Sons of Texas, #2)
  • The Hero (Sons of Texas, #1)
  • Red Carpet Kiss
  • Watch Me (Dangerously Intertwined)
  • Attack of the Theater People (Edward Zanni, #2)
  • Defenseless (Somerton Security, #1)
Rachael Brownell resides in Michigan with her husband and son. An admitted coffee addict, since 2012 she has written and published more than two dozen romance books with no plans to stop writing any time soon.
When she's not writing, she enjoys playing golf, reading and watching her son play baseball.
To find out more about Rachael's books, visit her website, Amazon page, or follow her on social m