Start by marking “Moneyland: Book One” as Want to Read:

No food.
No adults.
No backing out.

* * *

It’s 2037. Humans worldwide are losing their jobs to artificial intelligence. Everyone needs money to survive, including Eden Shepherd, who agrees to spend a year inside a biodome experiment with 11 popular kids from her high school, plus Adam Turing, the most hated nerd in school.

Eden
Published November 24th 2017 by Michael Botur Writer

To ask other readers questions about Moneyland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moneyland

Start your review of Moneyland: Book One
Kimberlie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopic, survival
Fascinating and shocking, I hope there are more books coming. I love Lord Of The Flies-esque stories, this one I will definitely read again.

CAC: Contains Animal Cruelty*

Eden lives in a world where everyone is defined as being mechs or fleshies, where most of the working population has been made redundant due to the increase of robots taking all of the jobs.

"Mechs were everywhere. Your pizza got delivered by a drone. Your car pumped its own gas then drove itself home."

She is a spoiled, soft, conc
NormaCenva
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
OK, so first things first. It took me such a long time to finish this book! When I started it still had its old cover - the new one is an absolute bomb!
This book is very much outside of my usual reading. I like dystopian, yes, but I think it is more geared towards younger readers. So, for me, it was is a bit dull and slow in the beginning. Things start to get better about the half-way point.
There are a lot of great points in this book, like 1) Lots of swearing loved it; add's more realism to t
Patricia Kaniasty
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story ended strange. It was good. Kept me turning the pages long into the night. Reminded me of the "Gone" series by Michael Grant. On to book #2. ...more
Michael Botur
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviews from impressed readers on Wattpad:

"I personally thought it was brilliant!! I couldn't put it down, the book came across as very realistic in the terms of what could happen if people were to be cut off from the outside world."

- reader unicorn_sparkles99

"I loved it ! I've been recommending it to my friends .I read plenty of wattpad books and none that I've chosen at random so far this month have left an impression and this one has. *time to fan girl a bit* Pretty sweet writing and I liked
Sarah Botur
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's strong and gripping. Eden is one of the few leading characters out there with foibles and flaws. She is realistic. She makes mistakes; there are consequences. ...more
Jennifer Cain
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Dystopian Survivor is the best way to describe Moneyland for me. Botur explores the greedy desperation that is human existence.

This title was received as a Goodreads Giveaway.
lynn
Mar 28, 2018
Holly Sullivan
rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2018
Charissa Rate
Bridget Neumann
Anne
Jan 25, 2018
Michael Botur, born 1984, is a writer originally from Christchurch, New Zealand, who now lives in Whangarei with his wife and two kids.
Botur’s heritage includes English, Irish (County Longford), Scottish (Clan Macintosh), Polish and some obscure ancestors from Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Botur is author of four acclaimed indie short story collections and one collection which hardly anybody read. He publ

News & Interviews