Start by marking “Lucky Scars” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Lucky Scars

Kerry Heavens

Lucky Scars

Not every love story begins with a fiery explosion of lust.
Some are tiny embers of hope that smoulder slowly until the stars align…

I’d been living in a bubble.
It was meant to protect me from the things in life that hurt.
I could live, I could laugh, but at least I didn’t have to love.
Loving was dangerous and I would never do it again.

It was working just fine, until the bub
Published February 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Scars

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

FULL RTC

Not every love story begins with a fiery explosion of lust.
Some are tiny embers of hope that smoulder slowly until the stars align…

This year I vowed that I would try new authors, this book here is a new to me author, gorgeous cover, glowing reviews, and a synopsis that made me one click!!

This was a really enjoyable, unique read, I loved the start then it sort of lulled for a bit then picked up again just over the half way mark, I enjoyed the concept of both characters living with sc
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I was so excited to read this new release from Kerry Heavens, she writes such beautiful stories and Lucky Scars was just perfect.

Bea is a self made success story, she lives and breathes her job. She has a huge passion for the work she does but if you dig a little deeper there are other reasons why she is so focused on nothing but work.

In one crazy morning she crosses paths with two very different men. I need to point out that Bea steers clear of men in general but for some reason both of these g
Karen
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-best-reads
The measure of success of a book for me is if I immediately get on the hunt for things that remind me of the book. I’m currently desperate for the following:

A silver necklace with a star on it that reaches my midriff
The ability to make origami stars
A caramel Frappuccino
To totally complete Spyro The Dragon, getting every level 100% complete

Another measure of success is when I get a song obsession because a song reminds me of the book and I listen to it or sing it in my head over and over again.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

'In the dim early morning light as his thumb stroked softly over my back, something stirred inside me. This feeling wasn’t sexual, or practical; it was much worse. It was a spark in the frozen depths of my heart.'

Another new to us author we’ve been itching to read, and after reading Lucky Scars we immediately hunted through our TBR pile, pushing Kerry Heavens books to the top of our list! Her books sound as varied as our reading tastes, so we're really looking forward to more from this fabulous
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
description

Nina Life of a Bookworm
You all know I love Kerry and way she writes. When I saw that new book is coming, you can imagine how happy I was.
First, look at this gorgeous cover, isn't it beautiful? :)
And secnd, the story. I loved it. The slow burn love, the characters, old ones and new (I don't want to spoil, I can just say that I was thrilled when the old ones came :D). I love how Kerry's books are always realistic, no unnecessary drama. That's something that really appreciate!
So yea, one more time, it's five stars review
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I adore Kerry Heavens’ writing! So sexy and fresh.

This author captivated me with 'Just Human' series which I HIGHLY recommend if you haven't read them. So I knew I would absolutely love this book. The author has a way with her characters that makes them so real and very relatable.

“Grief and guilt are kind of a double act. It’s normal to blame yourself in some way. But you can’t let it define you.”

Bea and Ziggy are two very unique main characters who have dealt with terrible adversity in their
Courtney
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

This is the first book I have ever read by Kerry. While I have heard of her past books (a few are on my TBR list), I have never had the chance to read any. So I was extremely grateful to be the given the chance to read Lucky Scars and I thoroughly enjoyed this book - way more than I anticipated.

I have to admit that I got from this story is totally different than what I had anticipated and I am very happy with that. The setting was nothing like I read before and the characters were ver
Pauline Cassie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 beautifully crafted stars, each with their own heartfelt message!

Bea has been on her own for years following the death of her fiance Lewis.

Suddenly, in the course of an hour one January morning, there are two new men in her life.

Which one will be able to repair Bea's broken heart allowing her to move on?

Through Bea's journey to recovery, Jonathan and Ziggy are by her side each providing different challenges, offering her the chance to break away from what has become her status quo.

Whilst a fri
Clare
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is the first book I've read by Kerry Heavens. I can't say how much I absolutely loved this book. Bea and Ziggy are wonderful together. This is a great friends to lovers story with a wonderful slow burn. I had such a great time reading it, that I didn't want it to end. It was fabulous.
Reading with 2 book lovers
this is a first read for me by this author and I devoured this story.
I really enjoyed this book a d these characters.
Mandie Foxylutely
This is my first read by this author and I liked that this was based in England.

Bea has gone through devastation in her past and has since stayed focused on her business but any relationships of the romantic kind have been purely off her radar. It would be like a betrayal for her. But on the morning she has an important client meeting, she meets two very different men but who both would have an impact on her both in the present and in the future.

I must admit it took me a while to get into this
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
New author to me & what an amazing book to start with.

I absolutely adored this sweet, slow burn, filled with pain & hurt, yet shining with hope. Lucky Scars was a beautiful surprise for me from cover to cover.

This is the story of Bea & Ziggy, both carry scars from their past, both damaged & a good bit broken. Fate puts them in each other’s path, but I’d love to believe that destiny had the rest of their journey mapped out for them.

Yes this book hurt my heart in so many places, I
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
When two broken souls literally run into each other a beautiful friendship blossoms Bea’s outlook on love has been a bit twisted for years she’s stuck in her little bubble but is perfectly happy to stay there until running into Ziggy bursts not only the coffee cup she was holding but that little bubble takes a good whack too!

Ziggy lives and breathes his work but in his eyes that’s way more then he should get to enjoy in the first place. A shy introvert with a kick ass personality but once Beas
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

To put it simply, Bea and Ziggy are meant to be. They both have a past that has led them to the people they are today. Bea doesn't do relationships and Ziggy is totally committed to his work. When their paths cross in what I considered to be an adorable meet cute, their lives change in more ways than one.

I loved that Bea and Ziggy started out as friends and let it grow from there. Neither of them was looking for someo
Andrea
A massive 5plus sparkley stars!!!

*ARC received in return for an honest review

Lucky Scars captured my attention from the minute I began reading and by the end it had captured my heart ❤
I have no words to describe just how much I have fallen in love with this book other than I EFFIN LOVED IT!!!!

This book has all the feels and I can’t recommend it highly enough, get it on your TBR today.

*Full review on https://makemydaybooks.blogspot.com/2...
Taylor
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am flayed open emotionally right now. This was not what I was imagining going in, but I should have known better having read other books from Kerry.

Bea has been living with the guilt of a lifetime and shut herself off from any possibility of any type of personal life due to that tragedy. Then comes the faithful meeting of Jonathan and his flat whites and then the spilling of said flat white onto Ziggy.

Jonathan and I had a love-hate relationship throughout his role in this story. I wanted to
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Lucky Scars was a touching story about loss, love and healing. It was also a story that kept me on all ten of my toes until the final few chapters. This friends-to-lovers love triangle kind of romance was another novel by Kerry Heavens that I enjoyed.

"This feeling wasn't sexual, or practical; it was much worse.
It was a spark in the frozen depths of my heart."

Beatrix was an easy to love heroine who had a back story that made my heart hurt. She had spent a decade of her life grieving and hear
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Bea is closed off to even the idea of men or dating. She’s been there and lost her heart and just doesn’t want to put herself in that position again. Until, in one day she bumps into two men who help her to see that she was completely closing herself off from life.

“...this guy, who I’d seen before multiple times, suddenly notices me because I’m dressed all fancy. Before I know what’s happening, he sex fogs me and buys my coffee.”
“The bastard!”
“I know, right?”
“Wait, sex fog?”
“You know, looks ama
Mariana Lee
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this book more than ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ as it deserves lots more. To say this book is brilliant doesn’t begin to do it justice. This book is perfection, the storyline is so incredibly well written and developed that it draws you in from the very first sentence. This is a love story that will take you on the most incredible rollercoaster of emotions. I laughed, I cried, I shouted. The characters are real and so captivating, they are just perfectly imperfect, just like any of us and I think ...more
Tashdb
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the book you start on a Friday night after a long week and twelve pages in decide you’re not tired.
This is the book that you wander to the kitchen, kindle in hand, to make your tea because you’re not going to bed anytime soon.
This is the book that is so descriptive, you want to be in it.
You want Bea to be your BFF. It makes you want to hit up London and hang with these people.

Will you love it? Damn right.

A beautifully written, emotional journey that carries you along and the only do
Derna
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

It had been a while since I have picked up a Kerry Heavens book. I adore her Human series, and this book took me back to the same feeling I had when while reading that series.

Lucky scars was a sweet emotional, heart-warming story about two souls who had been touch by tragedy and how together they found the strength and courage to believe again and except and move forward from the circumstances of their past.

The characters a
Claire Thake
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Bea, who due to a personal tragedy shuts herself off from everyone and properly living her life. That was until she meets Jonathon and Ziggy.

This is a great slow burn romance, from friends to lovers and it was just perfect! A romance story so wonderfully written, and has you feeling emotion after emotion and wanting to reach into the pages to connect with the characters for real, as the characters were so well written and their stories were heartbreaking.

This is the first no
Erin
Shelves: 2018
This was an emotional read about some very serious and sad characters. It was a slow start but sucked you in and made you hope these star crossed lovers work out their issues and get their happily ever after.

The book starts with the main character having a crisis in Starbucks, which sets up a series of events that change two lives. This is a story of people who have to overcome some deep emotions from their past in order to move on and enjoy and live their lives. I liked how there were two love
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I am so in love with this story! The friends to lover’s storyline is one of my favorites but this one is so much more. The author’s storytelling seemed so natural and flowed perfectly.

I had an instant connection to the characters. There were times it felt like I was there standing in the corner watching it. I cried as my heart broke for Bea and Ziggy and I cried again at the tenderness and love between them. I love how the author ties details together, bring this story full circle, the little p
Sassy Southern
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out as something I would totally fall in love with. It was a series of unfortunate, yet genuine events while Bea finds herself in the midst of two new men in her life. She has sworn off relationships, but finds herself smack dab in the middle of choosing from two different men.
I loved Ziggy, and the extremely slow burn his relationship brought to the table between him and Bea. Every time I thought they would hit a tipping point I was wrong.
Ziggy and Bea find themselves on an em
Katy Kitchin
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m counting my lucky stars that I discovered this book because it was a whirlwind of perfection and beautiful, heartfelt words. Kerry Heavens is a new to me author, but after experiencing pure joy and heartache and every emotion in between whilst reading this book, it most certainly won’t be my last.

I really love that social perceptions are challenged throughout this book, especially in regards to gender. It makes it an incredibly empowering read, and the love between these characters filled me
Louise
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For my first time read by this author I couldn’t have loved the writing more. The whole ease and flow of this story was wonderful.

Bea and Ziggy’s story was a true coming together of two broken hearts. Of people who had avoided attachments to other people because of what could and had happened when that person young you are attached to, who you love, is stolen from you. The instant comfort they find in each other allows them to develop a friendship that might just be able to lead to more if they
Ellie
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I shed real tears at several different points of this story and from 85% to 94% I was pretty much a sodden mess. That's never happened but I can't say when was the last time a story seized hold of my heart this way. Try years. This book was just all the things. It breaks your heart, lets it heal a bit and then breaks it again but each time it heals a little more light gets in. Low on lust, high on feels. This isn't a light, sexy read. There are some ouchies in this story but it never fe
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • All The Ways You Saved Me (Love Unplugged, #1)
  • Blowing Off Steam
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • Second Chance Hero
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Bound for Nirvana (The Bound Trilogy #3)
  • How To Liv
  • Someone to Love (Darling, VT #2)
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • Imperfect Harmony
  • The Return (Return to Me, #1)
  • Waiting for Rain
  • One Defining Second (Survivors’ Justice, #2)
  • Ace (Moonshine Task Force, #4)
  • Dirty Nights, The Novel
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Till I Kissed You (Cottonbloom, #3)
Indie author, iPhone addict & general ray of sunshine! I write steamy romance, dirty romcoms and other such smut.