Start by marking “De edele (Summoner)” as Want to Read:

De edele

(Summoner #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  13,286 ratings  ·  1,037 reviews
De inquisitievan Taran Matharu
Het tweede deel van de Summoner-serie

Er is een jaar voorbij gegaan sinds het toernooi. Fletcher en Ignatius zitten opgesloten in de kerkers van Pelt. Nu zullen ze worden berecht door de Inquisitie, een machtig instituut waarvan het bestuur niet het beste met Fletcher voor heeft.
Het proces wordt verstoord door geesten uit het verleden, die

Published November 3rd 2017 by Van Goor (first published May 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about De edele, please sign up.
Taran Matharu Yes there will be. There are three books currently planned, but you never know!
Taran Matharu Yes, it will come out in early May :-) and is available for preorder now!

·  13,286 ratings  ·  1,037 reviews

Start your review of De edele (Summoner)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
First off I think both books in this trilogy - so far - have beautiful covers. This one is even more beautiful with a cover that just pops!

I loved this book more than the first one . . BUT . . . I was thinking for a little bit that I might not because after Fletcher being left in jail for a year, he got out and had to go through all of these stupid trials. They were unfair and they almost got him killed, but the good side prevailed and the people saw what was right in the testimonies.

Now
Choko
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.85 ***

Let me start with a disclaimer. This is a book for young readers, and were I such, I think I would have given this book all the in the world! I would have been swooning over the honorable young hero Fletcher, his sense of duty, justis, friendship and loyalty making him my dream boyfriend! I would have also wished to be a part of the gang, hanging out with the cool Dwarfs, palling around with exotic Elves, and forming forever friendships while adventuring, going to magical school and
Tammie
With loyal friends Othello and Sylva by his side, Fletcher must battle his way to the heart of Orcdom and save Hominum from destruction…or die trying.

The Inquisition was a good follow up to The Novice. The book starts out a year after the last one left off with a trial soon following. Once we get through the trial and all that, Fletcher and his friends are sent on a mission deep into orc territory along with others who are not so friendly. They are divided up into four different teams. The
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Inquisition (Summoner, #2), Taran Matharu
The Inquisition, Summoner: Book Two, Originally published: May 10, 2016, Author: Taran Matharu, Genre: Fantasy Fiction, Preceded by: The Novice, Followed by: The Battlemage.
A year has passed since the Tournament. Fletcher and Ignatius have been locked away in Pelt's dungeons, but now they must face trial at the hands of the Inquisition, a powerful institution controlled by those who would delight in Fletcher's downfall. The trial is haunted by ghosts
Ricky
"Well, it would've been, could've been, worse than you would ever know..."
-Modest Mouse, "Dashboard"

I'm sorry to go there right off the bat, but that title is just begging for this point to be made:

And as for that cliffhanger Matharu left us with last time, along with the one he gave us this time, I hereby present my idea of what must be going on in his head:

So...The Inquisition. Mercifully, the title group only really appears during the first quarter of the book or so, because as interesting
Connor
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alrighty, time to actually write this review. First off, I was sent this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review for the BookTube Tour organized by Grace from LovingDemBooks. Obviously this doesn't affect my opinion of the book/series. Check my review of the first book if you doubt it.

Woah, this installment was exactly what I wanted when I finished the first book. If you saw my wrap up video where I talk about The Novice, I had a fair number of problems with Fletcher and his
Scott  Hitchcock
This book was all about the second half. The first half I thought a few parts were too simplistic and I know part of it (view spoiler) was supposed to be but it was a bit ludacris.

The quest however was very good and the surprise ending I had part of it figured out. (view spoiler)

Looking forward to
Jonathan Wilson
4.5 Stars

Cliffhangers are the bane of my existence. Just preordered book 3, feel like it can't get here fast enough.
Emma
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, ya, fantasy
Fabulous characters- humans, dwarves, elves, orcs. Goblins and gremlins; a fantastic range of demons and imaginative flora and fauna create a perfect world for a fantasy novel you can really get behind! Excellent fun.
Lazybee
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome as expected from the author. Completely captivating. One fault I could point out is that, it is damn short. I really liked the feel and concept of the book. Not original but put eloquently. The protagonist is epic.

And that freaking cliffhanger. You betrayed us. How could you do that to us? We trusted you. Give us a bit closure at least. I hope you publish the sequel soon.
Wayne
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Another solid entry in the Summoner series and it had some really good elements from the first as well as some new things.

The world building was good but didn't build much on the first one. The worlds do reflect the story well but are not overly descriptive. The Demons however really bring the story to life and do prop up the world building as they really bring you into their world. The variations and vividness in the depiction of the Demons (And some associated characters like Gremlins
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
3.75 Silver Stars
with Golden sparks

the Inquisition; Summoner series, book 2
by Taran Matharu

Plot: /5
awesome thrills at first & also at the end of the book! (mhm.. cliff hanger..)
jungle part was boring, but the inquisition & the mission in action & the ending was great!
I love the Cover. (I said it a hundred times!)
World building: /5
Characters: /5
Written style: /5
Idea: /5
-factors in details in Summoner 1 review-
Rachel
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I was excited that I got to be on the Booktube Blog Tour for The Inquisition! I went sent a free copy of both books from Fierce Reads in exchange for a review.

I really enjoyed reading The Novice and The Inquisition. Matharu is skilled at world building and it is very easy to get pulled into the world of the summoner.

These books remind me a little of His Dark Materials Trilogy and Harry Potter, with a little of Lord of the Rings and Pokemon thrown in there.

It is fun to watch the
Paige  Bookdragon

description

Okay, so that thing happened and I'm still trying to get over the fact that I have to wait a few months to get the next book. Where's the justice, Taran Matharu ?

Let's recap.

Book 1 ended with a cliffhanger and The Inquisition began one year after the events in the first book. Some characters have a cameo and we are introduced to some good and evil new characters which is a blast because that means more death. Yaay.

I'm actually quite surprised that I still remember all the things that
Maye
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This series is proving to be one of the most underrated books I've ever read.

This book is a gem. More, demons, more battles, more character developments, and certainly dozens of twists and turns. I saw some of it coming but it didn't take away my enjoyment. I loved the ever growing relationship of Fletcher and Ignatius. They're just so fun to watch! Plus, there's a brewing romance that I immensely enjoyed! Push a little bit further and the ship will sail! The extension of the world was also very
Aoife
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dragons
The Inquisition is the sequel to The Novice and continues the adventures of Fletcher Wulf who became a summoner - a kind of magician capable of performing spells and summoning demon-like creatures as companions from something called the 'ether.' In The Inquisition, Fletcher must fight to prove his innocence of charges of attempted murder and treason while also trying to save the kingdom from invading orc armies. Oh, and also help unite the human, dwarf and elvish races while at it!

I really
Zitong Ren
3.5 rounded up to 4.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, and thought that as a whole, it was written in an enjoyable and thrilling way. Now, there might have been an 8-9 month gap between me reading the first book and this book, and I may have gotten distracted by the Wheel of Time and never got back to it since then, but hey, I did not know what to read next and I saw this on the Libraries shelves so I thought that I might as well pick it up again.

That being said, it did take me a while to
Bee
Quite The Novel Idea ~ Words from the Clouds

Well now! Another cliffhanger. Who would've thought? I say that sarcastically because I totally expected it after the first book. I loved The Novice and I was sad when a lot of my friends didn't enjoy it as much. Still, it was one of my favorites that year so I was very happy when I got offered the chance to read the sequel. Did it disappoint? Maybe a tiny bit? But I still loved it?

I was very excited to dive back into this world and see
Kelly Roberson
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-tbr
Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWA_M...

Great news guys! This book did not have the second book syndrome at all. It was just as amazing as the first book if not even better. The characters developed amazingly. The plot progressed in such a fantastic way, and I honestly can not wait to read the third book! I highly recommend this entire series. That cliff hanger though. It's been a while since I've dealt with a cliffhanger in the way that these books have dished it out!
Diabolica
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: majicks
Loved this one too, maybe a little less than the first. But still, can't wait to read the third.
Zarriah Rose (Zarriah Rose)
So of course we start this book where the last ends off and we see that Fletcher has been using this time to study his books and knows some pretty cool things. At this point I’m thinking hopefully, this helps him out in not being too behind his peers when he gets out and also I’m feeling eager to see some cool new stuff.
description
Then, crappy Didric shows back up. He’s a bit more ripped, a bit more scarey, and suddenly he no longer fits my comparison to Dudley in my head anymore. Yikes.
We have a trial.
Jay G
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
*I received this book as part of a Booktube Tour in exchange for my honest opinion*

VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NHX...

The story begins a year later from where we left Fletcher and Ignatius at the end of the battle in book one. When the time of his trial finally arrives, he knows that the odds are against him and he most likely will not come out of this situation as the winner. When a new opportunity arises, Fletcher is sent into the orc jungle to destroy a couple thousand
Roberta Jayne
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This series just got an upgrade! It's amazing how much more I liked this book in comparison to The Novice. Every element of the first book that annoyed me was improved upon or resolved in some way AND the writing style seemed to be a lot more confident and - dare I say it - sophisticated throughout. SOPHISTICATED! Who knew I'd be saying that after I was unimpressed with the writing in book one. Who knew.

The story itself was unbelievably fast paced, I think that jumping from the cliffhanger-event
Ainoa
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I could copy-paste my review for the first book to this one and it would fit perfectly.

This book was fast-paced, filled with action, and a complete page-turner (I read half of the book at the gym, the other half this morning). I still have some problems with how flat some characters are, especially the bad guys, but the new additions to the crew were great. I certaily enjoyed Cress.

Other than that, I can't say much more. Yes, I'd recommend this book. My advice is that you get the three of them
Ellie
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this series!! After I finished the first book, I wanted to drop everything and get the second one. Unfortunately, I will not be able to get the next book until it's released :( But at least you know it's a good book if you are anxiously waiting for the next one, right?
Sara Saif

This was epic, man. Like, I felt at times that there wasn't much happening or that things were taking too long to get to a certain point but it was never dull. Fletcher and his academy mates had to raid an Orc temple and the actual raiding began after half the book had passed so you know what I mean. But even before and after there was a lot of excitement and awesomeness.

First, the fact that he had been in prison for a whole year gave me a jolt. I was NOT expecting this. Then two trials, one
Linda Lou
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No spoilers here. Nothing more than what is given on the book jacket.

Ok, I needed a day or so to think about this before actually taking finger to iPad. I was blown away and couldn't think of how to start. Soooo, I guess, I will begin with saying I was blown away. I really liked the first book and rated it as a four. So my expectations were high and I was not let down. The characters became more defined and relationships a bit more tangled; but that is the spice. The story itself just flowed for
Meisa
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Um what can I do to get the next book NOW?! Damn cliffhangers. The story is just getting so freakin intense and I just absolutely have fallen in love with this characters and want to protect them with my soul. I was completely hooked and fml I don't think I can wait till the next book.
Tushar Patel
#0.5) Origins :- 3.5/5 Star
#--) A Fine Welcome: Othello's Journey : 3/5 Star
#01)The Novice :-3.75/5 Star

love the book, This is a second book of Summoner trilogy by Taran Matharu, after reading taran works love his writing style. He did great job with all expect of book. . Taran did a good job balancing both side. The way he expand this world is good, in this book you can find some new think about the world, demons and much more.
this book event take a place after Fletcher win the tournament.
Cameron
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books of all time. The second book in a great trilogy. Fletcher Wolfe has been in prison for more than a year and hes waiting for a trial so he could be free. He learns about his origins and he gets more help from adding another demon to his team. He has to do a dangerous mission and if he doesn't complete it then many will die and the orcs will rise to power.
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Inquisition [August 2017] 117 72 Aug 31, 2017 05:46AM

• Avian (Dragonrider Chronicles, #2)
  • Fledgling (Dragonrider Chronicles, #1)
  • Traitor (Dragonrider Chronicles, #3)
  • Immortal (Dragonrider Chronicles, #4)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2)
  • The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Blackflame (Cradle, #3)
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • Eclipse Core (School of Swords and Serpents Book 2)
  • Soulsmith (Cradle, #2)
  • Skysworn (Cradle, #4)
  • Duel at Araluen (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #3)
Taran Matharu is the New York Times bestselling author of the Summoner series, which has been translated into 15 languages and has sold over a million copies in English. He was born in London in 1990.

Taran began to write the SUMMONER series in November 2013 at the age of 22, taking part in ‘Nanowrimo 2013’ and sharing his work on Wattpad.com. The shared sample of the story went viral, reaching

Summoner (4 books)
  • The Novice (Summoner, #1)
  • The Battlemage (Summoner, #3)
  • The Outcast (Summoner, #0.1)
“Mason stumbled just once … they would all fall.” 1 likes