Start by marking “Christopher's Kind” as Want to Read:
Christopher's Kind

Christopher's Kind

Spending an unexpected holiday break alone following his parents’ sudden death, thirty-something lawyer Zane Anders attends to unfinished business: getting his parents’ dilapidated Cape Cod cottage ready to sell and retrieving a mysterious Christmas present Zane’s mother left behind. But an acquaintance from the past interrupts his solitude at the beach. Christopher DeVrie ...more
Published December 18th 2017 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Christopher's Kind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christopher's Kind

Start your review of Christopher's Kind
Ami

Reading this for a challenge over at Joyfully Jay - New to Me Author Week . I guess I cheated a bit because I chose novella instead of novel, since I'm not sure about my reading time these days.

I thought this was a sweet "Christmas on the beach" theme with a LOT of reference towards Christopher Isherwood (PS. the title refers to Christopher and His Kind, both Isherwood's memoir as well as a BBC TV Movie starring Matt Smith). I liked the age-gap angle. Have soft spot for that trope.

D
Serena Yates
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2017
Christmas at the beach is not a much-used setting, but I liked the way this author pulled it off. Between Zane’s memories and dealing with the loss of his parents, Christopher’s youthful exuberance, and them being “stranded” in the neighboring Cape Cod cottages their families have owned, there is quite a lot happening. Mostly discussions and realizations rather than “action”, but if you’re looking for a quiet Christmas story this might just fit the bill.

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book
Suze
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Probably nearer to a 2.5* read for me - definitely one that moved up and down the scale! And one that maybe would have been better told in more pages.
I don’t mind age gaps, and nine years is plenty common enough to me to not be an issue.
Zane read from much older to much younger than his age but I quite liked his thoughts on his parents etc.
Christopher was perhaps a little more enigmatic at first but his interest was obvious.
I think when they finally got together it was the lack of build up (shor
Alex I