Start by marking “Damsel Under Deadline (Romance on the Run #2)” as Want to Read:
Damsel Under Deadline (Romance on the Run #2)

Damsel Under Deadline

(Romance on the Run #2)

Surely there’s nothing more preposterous than the CIA giving you two weeks to negotiate the release of your loved one from a cutthroat smuggler. Getting jailed, being chased by headhunters, and falling in love with your boss while on the run in the Philippine jungle is a close second. American journalist Danica Lorenzo is willing to give it a shot if only to save her broth ...more
Published November 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Damsel Under Deadline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damsel Under Deadline

Start your review of Damsel Under Deadline (Romance on the Run #2)
Jewel Allen
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This novel is one of my favorites I've written. I love the mix of danger and clean romance, especially in exotic settings (in this case, it's my birthplace, the Philippines). I like feisty heroines who tangle, then bond, with ruggedly imperfect heroes in challenging situations, where good triumphs over evil. It was sure a blast to write and to revise. Each time I did a pass-through, I laughed, got a lump in my throat, or swooned. I never meant it to be super serious or dark. The plotline is a lo ...more
Pat Rathmann
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ENTERTAINING DRAMA

A lot of intense adventure as a female reporter goes to the Philippine Islands to rescue her brother. Before leaving the States she meets with someone from the CIA and her boss from her paper which was a huge surprise. As their adventure begins, also does their personal relationship grow.
Lydia
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the action! Jewel put together a fun suspense novel with twists and surprises, but the flow sometimes got off. The romance felt contrived and lustful, rather than deep and meaningful. Still a great action novel.
Hala Awtrey
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lighthearted Romantic Adventure

Found this book intriguing from just the title. Enjoyed it's light hearted romance and fiery jungle survival scenes in my head. Thank you for a much needed escape from our daily duties in life.
Pascale
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure! This was my first time reading this author’s work. I really liked it - lots of action, mystery, and clean romance. I would read more from this author. Great story.
Richard C. Royce Sr.
May 20, 2020
Pamela
added it
Jul 08, 2020
Jewel Allen is an award-winning journalist, author and ghostwriter who grew up in the tropics (Manila, Philippines) and now lives in the desert (Utah, USA). She writes historical fiction, sweet contemporary romance, paranormal mystery, and memoir.

Romance on the Run (2 books)
  • Heartbreak & Outbreak (Romance on the Run #1)

News & Interviews