Start by marking “The Baby Maker (Hunter Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Baby Maker (Hunter Brothers, #1)

The Baby Maker

(Hunter Brothers #1)

A sexy, swoony new Standalone rom-com from USA Today Bestseller Lili Valente...

Some men are troublemakers or dealmakers. The men in my family? We're baby makers.

For six generations, the women of wine country have had a saying: don’t bang a Hunter man unless you want a bun in your oven.

Yeah, well. I’ve got a saying too: no thanks. The last thing I need is baby makes three.
Published February 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Maker, please sign up.

Start your review of The Baby Maker (Hunter Brothers, #1)
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
The Baby Maker is Lili Valente's newest sexy standalone. It's no secret how much I love Lili and her books. She always gives me what I want! Sexy, funny, silly characters who steal my heart. What's a strong, independent woman who wants a baby to do? Ask her sexy, farmer neighbor for a few months of fun. What can go wrong? Emma wants a baby and Dylan is the perfect specimen. Only thing is he can't stand her. Or so she thinks. When she gets up the courage to ask him, he doesn't instantly say yes. ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
“So, is that how I make you feel, Blondie? Relaxed?”
“No, you don’t make me relaxed. You make me hungry. And wild. Maybe a little crazy.”

If there is one thing I have come to expect from Lili Valente, it’s a book that mixes humor with heart and happy-endings. A book in which laugh-out-loud moments flirt with silliness, sweetness and sexiness but always have a hint of something deeper. And that’s exactly what she delivers in The Baby Maker.

Baby Maker_Relaxed

I loved every page of this book. Honestly, I can’t deci
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Emma and Dylan have this attraction, but also they have this BIG thing that puts them on opposite sides of the fence so to speak...the grape fence...LOL.
These two have the funniest banter and it make me chuckle on more then one occasion.
Emma asks Dylan for a pretty big ask and she kind of had to be brave and courageous. This was a cute story and I think that Dylan's family life had a lot to do with how he handled Emma's big ask.
Anywho...this is a must read.

Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy, shelly
Ohmygosh you guys. This book was an absolute delight! This is only the second book I've read by Ms. Valente, but if they all make me feel this giddy, she may have just gained a new superfan!

I adored Emma and Dylan. I connected with this story immediately - possibly because I saw a bit of myself in Emma (note: uh, not the asking a virtual stranger to knock me up part) - but I think because it's just written in such an engaging, honest way that it was impossible to not get sucked right into it.

Thi
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Emma and Dylan may be my new favorite couple:)

No one writes contemporary romance quite like Lili Valente and this book is a perfect example of that.

Emma Haverford leaves behind the fast past life of Silicone Valley for a more laid back and relaxed lifestyle in wine country. She knew running her own vineyard would be hard work but that's what she needs to take her mind off of her failed engagement. What she didn't count on was her hotter than sin neighbor, who just happens to have a bone to pick
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI probably should have enjoyed this one more than I did. I realized while I was reading it that I just do not like this type of setup. The heroine came across way too desperate and the hero was fine impregnating the heroine for a piece of land as long as she moved away so he wouldn't have to see the kid. Out of sight out of mind and all that. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Add in it was also an older woman/younger man trope and ya...Maybe I am in a grumpy mood...who knows.

~WRITING - PLOT -
Alex ♈
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe, hero-i-liked

If not for my trusted friend Book-Bosomed blog's review, I would have probably never read this book.

I’m glad I did it!
Light, funny, sexy.

Very likeable and sweet hero, not a manwhore!
Nice heroine, not a doormat!
But her cougar jokes… *facepalm*. She was only 4 years older than him. And? Why was it wrong? I hate the term ‘cougar’ *ugh*

Did I miss their talk about STD status???

Sweet epilogue.

I will probably read the next book. The H’s a huge manwhore, but the h sounds cool. Let’s see ;-
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hot and Hilarious.

I loved this one. I giggled and chuckled and laughed out loud throughout the entire book. The romance between Emma Haverford and Dylan Hunter was so sizzling, my fingers were burning just flipping the pages, not to mention my unmentionables. 🥵

However, in between the spicy scenes was some great character development, a good story about two people getting to know each other and falling in love and a lot of baby making innuendo and hilarious jokes. I have already put the next thre
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

I am never disappointed when i open a book by this author. I am always getting what i want to read. A fun sexy book that keeps me captivated and hooked until i discover that the book has finished, upon where i weep that the book has already finished.

Hunter begins as a grouchy farmer, but very quickly turns into a very sexy, heartwarming male specimen who you won't fail to want as your next book boyfriend. Emma is a
Book-Bosomed  blog
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Dylan Hunter, 31, has his hands full salvaging his family’s farm, looking after his nephews, and trying to build a life of his own. The last thing he thinks he needs is a baby making job with the determined new neighbor.

Emma Haverford, 34, has left the fast city and career life along with a cheating ex-fiancé behind in Silicon Valley to purse a less stressful existence in the vineyards. The change is suiting her, but there’s still one thing her heart desires.

First things first because
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Sexy, sweet, and an absolute pleasure to read!

This was my first read by Lili Valenti. I read her co-authored book with Lauren Blakely and really wanted to read more afterward. I love finding new to me authors who deliver a particular trope that I love and that's exactly what I got from The Baby Maker. I adore all things baby! While the trope is commons, I felt the story was unique and quite entertaining.

Here are the basics: A city slicker/former tech gure moves to the countryside to run a winery
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lili Valente Fans, Romance
4 Realizing Your Wish Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-Limited Time FREE!!!
Lili Valente has a fertile imagination and in this book she really uses it to its full concept...No, I hadn't intended to reference all those links to the Title and Idea of the book... It just happened that way...

This tale has Emma, a woman who has realized what was important to her... She left the rat race of non stop hours and stress of the Silicone Valley for developing her own winery. She had the means and took the college
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Baby Maker is a standalone novel by one of my all-time favorite authors, Lili Valente. I have read every single word she has written. I know once I open one of her books I will not want to put it down. That was definitely the case with Baby Maker. I wanted the next swoon moment. Their next laugh. Their next turn-on. I wanted it all.

A few months ago Emma moved to small town Merceyville from the craziness of Silicon Valley. Instead of being in front of the computer for seventy hours a week sh
AC Squared Book Blog
I knew I wanted to read this book as soon as I saw the "Warning." It had me cracking up! I think that really helped to set the tone of this book. I was constantly laughing, so much so that I was halfway through the book before I started wondering how this story was going to play out.

The whole idea of Emma asking Dylan to help her make a baby was super crazy, but then the amount of chemistry these two had was electric! The chemistry was just so instantaneous, that I really hoped everything would
Dilek VT
Nov 14, 2018 marked it as never-no-way  ·  review of another edition
With this title and with this blurb, there is no way I would touch this book!
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Sexy fun times arise in Lili Valente’s newest contemporary romance in The Baby Maker. A sexy, light-hearted, delightful rom-com which is perfect to read on a whim.

Lili writes true characters that come to life within her pages. With real, hilarious interactions and honest emotions you can relate to her stories fully and embed yourself 100%. I adored this book. Give me a novel any day pertaining to a hot man reputation that ‘apparentl
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
This book was super hot, very fun, and hit all the right notes to have me invested. Dylan was this honest, hard working guy who is dedicated to his family and manages to blend sweet with steamy perfectly when it came to Emma. He was pretty impossible not to fall for.

Emma was a woman who after going through a heartbreak reviews her priorities and decides what she truly needs to be happy is a baby, but not necessarily the man to go along with it. She's this great mix of intelligence, and vulnerabi
J. Grayland
When Emma Haverford moves to the country from Silicone Valley for a more relaxed and laid back lifestyle while running her own vineyard she didn't realize how sexy her neighbor was. And when Dylan Hunter wants a piece of her land to use for his own business idea Emma decides to make Dylan a proposition of her own and see if the rumors about the Hunter men is true, the rumor being that a woman only has to shake the hand of a Hunter man and she's pregnant. Dylan wants land and Emma wants a baby wi ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
A sexy hug…

Ahh… Emma and Dylan. I knew this author was going to deliver another sexy, warm-hearted romance – past experience told me s – so I’m not surprised that I was completely enthralled with their ‘business partners to lovers to sweethearts’ tale.

“Critical mass is when shit gets real. For me it started at around seven a.m.”

Dylan was sweet. Honest to goodness, devoted to family, always the good guy even when all he wanted to do was push back. Frustrated, he was keen enough to make his d
Samantha Ortegon
Lili Valente has me swooning with just thinking about these Hunter men in The Baby Maker. This story is filled with silly moments, sexy banter and very heated chemistry. Dylan Hunter and Emma Haverford worked their way into my heart.

Dylan Hunter comes off a little grouchy from the start, but it's understandable. He helped save his family 's land, takes care of his family and has responsibilities and dreams that can weigh down any capable man. He is a gorgeous man that comes with a saying, Hunte
Carmen Rae
I have to admit I read the blurb and thought this sounded like my cup of tea but then I got to the warning and I was completely sold. Luckily I am already pregnant so I didn't have to worry too much about the warning.

I was semi expecting this to be a lot more smut with a little story thrown in and to be honest that would have still been a win for me. However I was thrilled to get a really sweet romance novel with a story that kept me turning the pages and a lot of really hot sex scenes to appeas
Syndi
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like other lili valente's book, the book is flat. Story is non existing. Insta love between the characters.

But as usual the flirty sexy flirting makes me smile. Especially the naughty librarian fantasy. Love it!

With that, 3 stars.
Tami Talbert
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby Maker is Lili Valente’s newest romance. It will leave you smiling and sighing with contentment upon turning of the final page. Her ability to create vivid and entertaining stories through her masterful writing are always a pleasure to read, and her characters always charm and captivate me.

Emma is a strong and confident woman who knows what she wants. She wants a baby before her biological clock stops ticking. The only problem is she doesn’t have a man in her life to help her accomplish
Alla
So...the title...lets forget about the title.
I´m going to start with saying that the plot in this book is just as unrealistic as the title gives away. No one would ever make their neighbour and a sworn enemy an offer like this: to father a baby (the old fashioned way), walk away without a backwards glance and never have to worry about it, all for a piece of a land that the supposed "Baby maker" wants. Well at least not in the world I live in. But...this story had some good qualities too and I di
Sam (AMNReader)
This was a nice piece of fluff on a hot day. I put it in a similar range as Valente's first book I read, 2.75 to 3...

It's rather straightforward, not about 20-somethings, with some pretty heavy character inconsistencies in order to solve a problem that was essentially less than successful.

It's fine though. I snort-laughed more than once (might have been shocked), the hero is sweet and so is the heroine.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I might be slightly harsh in my rating on this one. 2.5 stars rounded down.

The writing is OK, easy to follow, not much substance, not much angst, not much emotion, very light, OK reading.

And that's the problem, everything is just OK. The humor isn't all that humorous. The plot is... rather unbelievable, but I'll say more in a sec... the MCs are OK. Everything is just OK, and I will not recall anything tomorrow about this book.

So the plot is what got me interested. A nerdy (sexy) librarian-esque
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,3.5*

Why did i wait until 3 books later to write this review I'm really not sure. Nevertheless

Books with this particular trope are a tough sell for me. I never really believe the situation but in this case it worked really well

h has moved away from her former city lifestyle and is trying her hand at wine making. She's established a business that's poised to be a success but at 34 with health issues she's missing one thing her heart has been craving. When she overhears a convo about
Debbi
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m so glad that Lili wrote a book set in the wine country!

Dylan and Emma’s story delivered sizzle, laughs, tears and swoon. I loved their story and enjoyed every moment of it. I love reading stories set in places that I know like the back of my hand.

These characters made me really think about the choices we make in our lives and why. How one person can change your life in an instant and make it all totally worth it.

Highly recommend this latest story!
Briar's Reviews
The Baby Maker by Lili Valente is a lovely tale about a woman who wants a baby and finds love with a man from a famously fertile family.

I found this book on Bookbub and I decided to get it while it was the low, low price of free because it sounded charming! I love a good romance novel with lots of drama and angst. This book seemed like it fit the bill and I've enjoyed some of Lili Valente's other work, so it seemed like the natural fit.

This book was good but it wasn't a home run for me. Some of
Cee Cee Houston
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dylan Hunter is a man possessed. He’s been running his family’s farm for years and he’s ready to move on, do his own thing and just… chill for once. There’s just one small, annoyingly tempting problem.
The plot of land next door to his farm is up for sale. He was going to buy it for his dad to appease him from losing his vineyards to disease and hops and chickens. Long story short. Grapes were bad and Dylan ripped them out and replaced them with barley to make hops, and beer. Or that’s his dream

• The V Card
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
  • Melt for Him (Fighting Fire, #2)
  • Like a Boss
  • Nailed Down (Nailed Down, #1)
  • The Voice From 808: One Wrong Number Changes Everything
  • Sweet Surrender
  • Baby Daddy
  • Falling for the Playboy (Bedtime Reads, #2)
  • The Knocked up Plan (One Love, #3)
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away #3)
  • Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
Lili Valente has slept under the stars in Greece, eaten dinner at midnight with French men who couldn't be trusted to keep their mouths on their food, and walked alone through Munich's red light district after dark and lived to tell the tale.

These days you can find her writing in a tent beside the sea, drinking coconut water and thinking delightfully dirty thoughts.

Visit her at www.lilivalente.com

Hunter Brothers (4 books)
  • The Troublemaker (Hunter Brothers, #2)
  • The Heartbreaker (Hunter Brothers, #3)
  • The Panty Melter (Hunter Brothers #4)