Start by marking “Bleu Balls (Balls to the Wall, #7)” as Want to Read:
Bleu Balls (Balls to the Wall, #7)

Bleu Balls

(Balls to the Walls (DSP) #7)

Double trouble. The McMillan twins, Robin and Bobby, are renowned for their talents—both as fine artists and for thrilling the various men who catch their eyes. As different in style and personality as their DNA is identical, they’re nonetheless best friends who divide and conquer, with Robin doing the serious painting and Bobby adding the sunny salesmanship.

But when
ebook, 1st edition, 250 pages
Published January 9th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Bleu Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleu Balls

Start your review of Bleu Balls (Balls to the Wall, #7)
Donna
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
m/m
Bleu Balls is a fun addition to a terrific series but can be read standalone.
Robin and Bobby may be identical twins but they are two sides of a coin. Bobby is lightness and fun and Robin is darker and more subdued. While they are both gifted artists Robin is less of a people person so Bobby deals with sales and Robin creates. In this story we find out just how alike and how different these guys really are. While this book deals with some seri0us subjects there is enough lightness and banter
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A sweet story of twins who are totally opposite in appearance, and ostensibly in behavior, but inside, the “dark” twin is just as sweet as his cheerful brother, though only a few people ever know that. He’s just had some life experiences at an early age that were negative but unique to him and led him to to have a darker outlook on life than his happy-go-lucky brother.

Dark twin, Robin, is hired to do a lobby mural for a modern building in Laguna, despite his attitude toward architect, Paolo
Amber
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review available at: https://optimumm.blog/2018/01/19/revi...

Bleu Balls is the seventh book in the Balls to the Wall series by Tara Lain. I’d eagerly awaited getting to read about the McMillan twins, Robin and Bobby, since meeting them in the previous book, Snow Balls, when they had a fling with JJ before he met Ryan. I have to say that Double trouble did live up to their name, but the book isn’t a bunch of threesome hookups between the twins and another guy. The book starts at the end of
Susan65
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A 3.5 star review by The Blogger Girls

Double Trouble, the perfect name for the McMillan twins. They do everything together; paint, live together, have threesomes together, but they look nothing alike and are nothing alike, until they are forced to be. There was a lot of hidden backstory with these two boys and it is slowly unwrapped as the story progresses. The problem for me, especially where Robin was concerned, was that the reason for why he was so difficult felt kind of contrived. I had a
Donna
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
OMW... can this woman do no wrong? I think I forget, in between reading her books, how much I absolutely love and adore Ms. Lain's stories! Yes, I was worried about this one, because I have 'cest issues and even though I wasn't getting that vibe from the blurb, I was still a little bit worried as the story began. But, it was wonderful! *sigh*

I loved Bobby, don't get me wrong and boy did I keep bouncing back and forth between who I wanted to get who... but Robin? He was "it" for me in this story!
Christine
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series! The story of the good and the bad twins. When you know that both are good, one just needs the right man to bring his goodness into the light.
Cat
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Double Trouble

It’s amazing to me that this is the seventh book in this series. I have thoroughly enjoyed the vast majority of them, but this was an exception. Please remember that your mileage may vary and take my words with a grain of salt. My opinion may not match your own.

First introduced in Snow Balls, Bobby and Robin McMillan are artists in the painting medium, both quite talented, but with vastly different approaches to life. While Bobby is so lighthearted he comes across as vapid, Robin
Neta
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book had the potential to elevate the Balls to the Wall books but to me, it failed. That is not to say it's a bad book, and it is a very typical Tara book for sure, but I feel like parts of it clashed and it did not work for me.
Mainly I would say I had issues with how all the characters treated Robin- who is by far the most interesting character in the series. Bobby and Robin are fun characters, but the book starts out with a slightly dark vibe that I could not shake. After that I was
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This was an absolute delight! The twins’ story might even be more fun than Rodney’s. I loved Robin’s attitude and Bobby’s exuberant joy. I also loved both Paolo and Micah - though it took me almost as long as the twins to match the right man to the right twin.

The twins’ identity swapping antics are playful and a little silly. It’s all a little bit Twelfth Night / Love’s Labour Lost - without the deeper political themes. I love
Tanja
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, sweet, charming. Those words come to mind when I think about this book. It is a perfect addition to the highly successful Balls to the Wall series.
It features the twins Robin and Bobby also known as Double Trouble. Identical and different at the same time. They have had their days of fun, but they are ready to settle down. At least Bobby is. Robin is not so sure. The decision is made when they meet Micah and Paolo.
It is written in the quintessential Tara Lain style with joyful banter,
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the 7th in the series, and we get to meet up with previous romantic relationships, as the guys are all close with each other. But finally the twins get their chance to find love. The path is most definitely not smooth, and lots of issues from the past come and affect their belief in being able to also settle down in a committed relationships. I think it was done really well, with a good mix of dark and light, and
Angie
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

I love this series. You could read this as a standalone but to get the back story and full enjoyment you should read all the books. We have met Double Trouble before and I am so glad they finally got their book. Robin and Bobby are super close and I love the dynamics of their relationship. Each man meets someone that makes their heart pitter patter but when they swap places because of a work project things go crazy. I don't want to give
Penumbra
Bleu Balls is the seventh book in the ‘Balls to the Walls’ series. It stars the McMillan twins, Robin and Bobby who are artists, and Micah, a doctor, and Paolo, an architect. This is told in third person from Robin, Bobby, Micah and Paolo’s pov.

(view spoiler)
books are love
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for an honest review.

Overall so good and fun.

Robin and Bobby capture you from the get go. One with his flamboyant and over the top bubbly personality and the other with his serious broodiness but the pain he is in as well. He has always been the one to take care of his brother and shield him from things and your heart just goes out to him.

Bobby is the broody one and boy does he live up to the artist type. His talent knows no bounds but he is the serious one. The one that
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
When twins become involved in a romance novel that you know will have sex, I generally avoid it because twincest is just not my thing. I decided to give Bleu Balls a try because it’s Tara Lain, and her novels are my thing. I couldn’t be happier for trying something so potentially outside my comfort zone. Bobby and Robin are two wonderful and unique characters that bring different aspects to life on the pages they feature in.

Much like he’s described in the blurb, Bobby is so happy and sunny he’s
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the seventh book in the Balls to the Wall series, but easily enjoyed on its own.

Robin and Bobby McMillan have come from modest beginnings to be moderately-known artists on the Laguna art scene. They recently bid on a large mural project that would pay large dividends, if they get the gig. However, on the day of the big proposal, bubbly and pleasant Bobby is too ill to make the meeting, and Robin tells off one of the main buyers once his short-temper is lit. Robin’s been downhearted a
Carra
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This series has been kind of hit-or-miss for me with some of the books being great reads and others being take ‘em or leave ‘em. Bleu Balls I was kind of on the fence for a majority of the book. While I loved Bobby and Robin’s characters, they didn’t quite meet my expectations based on the glimpses I had of them previously in the series. As for their love interests in this story, Micah was wonderful…but Paolo felt standoffish and I just couldn’t warm up to him at all.

With the overall story being
Suze
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Probably my least favourite of the series - it was nice to see all the existing characters getting a trot out but whilst it has been a while since I read them, I can’t say I recall the twins and I don’t remember so many dears flying around (along with the arms being flung everywhere).
I enjoyed the first part more where we get the set up - though I did have to take notes as to who fancied who, who they went out with etc. Whilst it is kind of switched identities, the romantic interests did only
Buffy Kennedy
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think we've met the twins in a previous book, but I can't remember for sure. Regardless, they are two strong and loveable caracters. Bobby seems like he's just all bubble and charm on the surface, but he has depth. On the flip side, Robin seems so very dark, but he's got his own light that shines in a different way. Paulo and Micah are also very different in "matching" ways and watching them connect with the twins is enthralling. I kept expecting awkwardness and heartbreak at every turn, and ...more
Renee
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I've been waiting for the story of the twins for a long, long time and I'm basically happy with what I got. Although I felt this was mostly Robin's story with a dash of Bobby thrown in, I was ok with that because I was drawn to Robin more. I also would have been fine with each twin getting their own book but I can see why she wrote it this way too. Overall I had a great time reading this and finished it in one sitting. Recommend if you enjoy light romance.
kathleen
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tara has added another winner to her Balls to the Wall series. Bleu Balls is a sweet, sexy story of twins Robin and Bobby. At first glance they appear to be total opposites. Tara's amazing storytelling shows you how they are more alike than not.

They are both searching for someone to connect with. To be accepted and loved for themselves.

I really enjoyed seeing these boys get their HEA and as a bonus getting to revisit some favorite characters from this series.
Shannon
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this book. I will admit that part way into it and I was telling my kindle "no, no, no" but here I was looking like a crazy person unnecessarily. How embarrassing. I loved the twin's relationship and adding the guys that fit them just right only made it even better. Fun story, nothing too heaving. Great for a nice afternoon.
Miranda P
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited for this book. I have wanted to read the twins story since we met them in the first version of the series. The story did not disappoint a great addition to one of my favorite series. Hope there will be more.
Christy
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than I thought it would be and I definitely enjoyed the twins far more than I expected. With the author’s gift of writing about beautiful men and a lovely HEA for both “boys” this was a great way to end the series.
Ulaumes
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somewhere between a three and a four. I think it wrapped up a little to nicely to truly settle into 4 stars, but close enough that I'll give it the bump.
Sylvia
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it

I just wanted more Robin
CB
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun, entertaining series with sexy and unique MC's that appear in each others stories so I would suggest reading them all, in order.
Dana
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This is such a fun and sexy series. I don't know if this is the last one, because it feels like the author has given everyone a story, but I hope not. I love these Laguna boys.
Sally
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the twins, loved the book.
Ilona
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, romance

• In Case of Emergency
  • Leaning Into the Look (Leaning Into #6)
  • Finders Keepers
  • Down by Contact (The Barons, #2)
  • Rebel (415 Ink, #1)
  • Kairos
  • Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • A Christmas Promise (Christmas Promise, #1)
  • Once Upon A Wolf (Wayward Wolves, #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Squared Away (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • When Everything Is Blue
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3)
  • Pretty in Pink (Housemates #6)
  • Savior (415 Ink, #2)
  • Tutus and Tinsel (Half Moon Bay, #2.5)
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 45 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world ...more

Balls to the Walls (DSP) (7 books)
  • Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall #1)
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Beach Balls  (Balls to the Wall,  #3)
  • F.A.S.T. Balls (Balls To The Wall, #5)
  • High Balls (Balls to the Walls, #5)
  • Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #4)