Start by marking “Wrath of the Fury Blade” as Want to Read:
Wrath of the Fury Blade

Wrath of the Fury Blade

(A Constable Inspector Lunaria Adventure #1)

The brutal murder of Lavalé fey Avecath, the King’s First Magistrate and advisor, interrupts Constable Inspector Reva Lunaria’s day off. The victim’s status makes this a high-profile investigation, bringing with it unwanted attention from Senior Inquisitor Ailan Malvaceä of the Sucra, the King’s secret police. The manner of the victim’s death makes this case even more intr ...more
Published April 10th 2018 by Shadow Dragon Press

To ask other readers questions about Wrath of the Fury Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath of the Fury Blade

Start your review of Wrath of the Fury Blade
Zachry Wheeler
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first experience with author team Geoff Habiger and Coy Kissee came through Unremarkable, a period vampire thriller with lots of interesting twists. It did not take long to uncover their affinity for genre blends, which they brew quite well together. Thus, I felt appropriately prepared when it came time to read Wrath of the Fury Blade, their second outing.

This is the tale of Reva, a talented inspector who is yanked from her day off to investigate a high-profile murder. Ansee, her new partner,
Chuck
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating concept well executed. I enjoyed Wrath of the Fury Blade, and look forward to a sequel. Although enchanted knives are nothing new the storytelling is rarely as good as in this one. Nice characterization and setting, too.
Evelyn Carrillo
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent fantasy book. You really get invested in the two main characters. I am anxiously waiting for the next book in what I'm sure will be a best selling series.
Ellie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This was a giveaway book - thanks to Habiger and Kissee for the nice letter, as it so happens I received it just before my birthday so it was an unexpected surprise gift. Thank you~! :)
'Wrath of the Fury Blade' is a detective story set up in a High Fantasy setting, more specifically in a racist and xenophobic High Elf city. It was a nice story with strong, likeable characters full of interesting quirks and flaws. The authors have abviously spent a lot of time world-building and have d
LM Editing
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Geoff and Coy make a great writing team. Their experience in RPG storytelling shows in their world-building, character-development, and plot-driving skills. The fantasy/detective story combo was delightful. I found the main characters relatable, and they were well-developed; I enjoyed how they each exhibited a unique sense of humor. The authors presented a world of complexity that includes social, political, career, and relationship issues that may feel familiar. I am looking forward to more sto ...more
Ruby
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic!

This story is incredible, I enjoyed every part, I love the changing points of use and the character development, the mystery was awesome and I definitely loved all the different clues and characters perspective of the crime, and the underlining reasons
I’m really excited to read more from this series, and I’m definitely hoping the second book comes out soon
Kathy
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Wrath of the Fury Blade is a bit of several things, police procedural, suspense, semi-romance, fantasy with commentary on Nazism. The characters are elves, otherwise this could be almost any book about police sleuthing to find the murderer.

I hope for the sequel the authors write a little less of a multi-genre mash up and concentrate on the characters.
Please see my full review here: http://www.morebooksthantime.com/wrat...
Cassi
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that I didn't realize I needed until I found it! If you love crime novels along with fantasy this is to best of both worlds! I cannot wait for more books in this series!
Ricardo Victoria
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wrath of the Fury Blade by Geoff Habiger and Coy Kissee
This is the mystery thriller the fantasy genre needed to expand its horizons. This is the book Sam Vimes would read. It’s the mystery story I was looking for.

Mixing genres is becoming a staple of today’s SFF. Doing it right is not so common yet. This is where Wrath of the Fury Blade by Geoff Habiger and Coy Kissee excels. It takes the popular genre of a detective story, with all its basics: an odd couple of detectives, a mystery with twists
A.E. Lowan
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Following the story of Constable Inspector Reva Lunaria and her new partner, Seeker Ansee Carya, of the Royal Tenyl Constabulary, Wrath of the Fury Blade is a delightful mix of the traditional high fantasy and police procedural genres. It is a murder mystery set in the lovingly detailed elven city of Tenyl. Habiger and Kissee have crafted a city that feels authentic and vibrant, with a rich sense of history and all of the trappings of city life, down to the best spot in town for a cup of cacao.

W
Yami
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Wrath of the fury Blade by Geoff Habiger and Coy Kissee. It is a unique in its story telling as it blends a few genre together. It’s not an unusual when you are doing it with Crimes, as this novel is doing but it goes to police procedural through fantasy creatures eyes. You get to know about the world itself and what all goes on and shows the influence that others have and their outlooks.

The book is about Reva an inspector and her new partner Ansee a problematic bedfellow who’s too stubborn and
William Bentrim
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wrath of the Fury Blade by Geoff Habiger and Coy Kissee
This is a fantasy based in an Elven city where humans and non-pure elves suffer discrimination. A series of murders leads constable Reva to be paired with a new partner, Ansee, to solve them.
The authors did good character development.
The problem of addiction was addressed circumspectly. I had hoped the test results of Wake would have been addressed. Was it adulterated in some way and if so by whom.
The idea of racial purity and consequent
Marie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
What a great read! I loved the blend of fantasy and detective story with a great mystery that goes deeper by the chapter. The world is rich and interesting, with a clash of cultures and ideologies that speaks to our modern society. The main characters are endearing, and watching them grow personally and learn to work together is immensely satisfying. Looking forward to future installments!
Terri M.
The murder mystery part of Wrath of the Fury Blade is decent, but with weak worldbuilding and lack of a strong message, along with massive info dumps, the whole novel drags and was a boring, confusing read.

I obtained a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Melissa Gauvin
Carlton Mckenney
Apr 10, 2018
Crittermom
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Wrath of the Fury Blade has potential, but it definitely needs a good bit of work.  Habiger and Kissee spend far too much time describing incidentals and elements of each character’s appearance, rather than taking the time to develop the characters.  It reads more like a gm run adventure game than an actual novel.  It got to the point where it was distracting and more than a bit annoying.  Readers really don’t need detailed descriptions of everyone’s hair.  Elements of the plot were left at loos ...more
Jeremiah
Stacia Chappell
Daniel Muscat
Todd Rumsey
Goodreads Librari...: create new series 3 12 Nov 24, 2017 08:13AM

• Queen of Storms (The Firemane Saga #2)
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • Vermilion Dreams (Book One of A Vampire Fantasy Epic)
  • Anti-Grav Unlimited
  • Triple
  • Land of Wolves
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • Queen: A Chronicle of the Sibyl's War
  • Flamebringer (Heartstone #3)
  • Robert B. Parker's The Hangman's Sonnet (Jesse Stone, #16)
  • The Awakening (Trojan Gene #1)
  • The Old Bridge: an addictive modern thriller with historical twists (A Joe Johnson Thriller, Book 2)
  • Captain Future: Captain Future in Love
  • Aftermath: Hathe Book Three
  • Titan's Son (Children of Titan, #2)
  • Shorefall (Founders, #2)
  • Dead Leprechauns & Devil Cats: Strange Tales of the White Street Society
  • Pale Horse Coming (Earl Swagger, #2)
Geoff Habiger was raised in the shadow of roaring lions and peacock calls in Manhattan...Kansas, not New York. (That's the Little Apple, not the Big Apple, for those of you playing along at home. And the wild animals came from living behind the city's zoo.) Growing up Geoff loved exploring the woods around his home, sneaking into the zoo (don't tell anybody), and playing baseball and Dungeons & Dr ...more