Start by marking “Envy (Eagle Elite #9.5; 1001 Dark Nights #83)” as Want to Read:
Envy (Eagle Elite #9.5; 1001 Dark Nights #83)

Envy

(Eagle Elite #9.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Rachel Van Dyken comes a new story in her Eagle Elite series…

Every family has rules, the mafia just has more....
Do not speak to the bosses unless spoken to.
Do not make eye contact unless you want to die.
And above all else, do not fall in love.
Renee Cassani's future is set.
Her betrothal is set.
Her life, a
Published July 24th 2018 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Envy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Envy

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

Yes!! We've got a new novella from one of my favorite mafia series, Eagle Elite series. Envy follows Vic Colezan Abandonato, Nixon's cousin. As the silent assassin, he swore an oath to protect his family and he never disobeyed it. Renee Cassini is his temptation. She's a college student and the mafia families' nanny for the summer. She has a crush on Vic but his lifestyle is completely different from hers. Normal and free from violence.

Vic and Renee's undeniable attra
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Hot damn! Every time I read about Nixon, Chase, Tex, Sergio, Phoenix it's like coming home.. Is that weird? They do feel like family! Maybe because I spent a lot of time with them or maybe I'm crazy. The judge is still out.

I like nanny stories and I love Rachel her mafia books! So it wasn't really a surprise I loved this one..

What can I say?
It isn't a novella so it isn't short it's good and long!
Steamy moments!
Cute little kiddies
Mob business
We get to s
Kim
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
I did not think I even liked Vic when he was introduced in Eulogy. I can admit now that I was so wrong. I fell for this broody, protector, assassin, and enforcer. The made man figuring out his heart still worked. He didn't feel good enough and has real reasons to hold back. But he was also lonely, struggling, and conflicted.

And his source of conflict was the nanny, Renee...the younger, college-aged woman he was supposed to protect. But seeing how he was pulled towards her and trying to figh
Rachel
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

Renee knew the rules for working for the bosses. She grew up in the life, but protected from the worst dangers. Now that she is working as a nanny for the bosses’ families she finds herself right in the middle of the danger. Her course is set, her future is set. She is protected.

Vic made an oath to the families, one that he has not had any trouble keeping, until she became part of his duties. Renee challenged him in a way he had not experienced yet. And she just might be wo
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Envy brings the reader back to the world of the Cosa Nostra with all the mafia guys. If you haven't read the series, you could read this as a stand alone; however, I don't think you will appreciate the story as much if you don't have all the history. Vic was introduced in Eulogy but was a very minor character. Renee is a totally new character to the series.

Renee is the nanny for Nixon and Trace's daughter, Serena, and Phoenix and Bee's son, Junior. She is terrified of the bosses. Her father is a made man
BookSmacked
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t think I will ever have my fill of this Mafia goodness that RVD delivers. Book after book she feeds my addiction for all things Eagle Elite and I will never get enough of these characters.

They are seriously unhinged at times in the best way possible but then again I would expect nothing less from this crime family. I mean only these guys would yell at one another for swearing in front of the kids while waving a gun in the air.

One minute they are doing the worst things imagina
Rebecca
I have been anxiously awaiting since last summer to have more of Vic's storyline. While he is new to the EE family, his character immediately fascinated me. RVD delivers another fast paced, thrilling installment to her best series. Despite being over nine plus books, I never seem to tire of this world.

This is written as a stand alone for Dark Nights and is a perfect introduction to those who want to start this series but feel overwhelmed with the large amount of previous works. RVD does a good
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"I had no heart or soul to give her—I'd already sworn it to the families. Besides, what use did I have for fairytales?"

What a brilliant idea the 1001 Dark Nights is. I really appreciate the opportunity to dip my toe in the water to see if I will like a series by trying it out with one of these shorter stories that can be read as a standalone and an introduction to a series. And I must say, I more than liked it.

Renee is working as a nanny for the summer for the families. She just biding her time, waiting to go to co
Sissy's Romance Book Review
ENVY by Rachel Van Dyken is book 9.5 Eagle Elite; and 83 1001 Dark Nights. This is the story of Renee Cassani and Vic Colezan. I thought this to be a standalone book.
Renee is born in the mafia but doesn't want to be a part of it but really has no choice. Vic is a bodyguard for the family but he also wants Renee. But Renee has been designated to marry someone else although not know at first. Their love wasn't supposed to be but that didn't stop it from happening.
Quick exciting story...loved it!
Charlene
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love mafia romance, this is a must read in Rachel Van Dyken’s mafia world and it’s a standalone, so even if you haven’t read her Eagle Elite series before, you can enjoy this one...but one is never enough, so fair warning, you’ll want to read them all after this!

RVD’s mafia men are violent monsters that somehow she makes totally swoon worthy at the same time, and Vic is no exception! This is a taboo love story, one that doesn’t feel like it could possibly have a happy ending.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Another gripping love story amongst the world of the Eagle Elite. Renee and Vic’s tale is a quick yet intense one of a sort of forbidden love. Renee’s unaware of her role in the Cosa Nostra and lives day to day as a college student and Nanny, but things get nail-bitingly serious when her life is threatened and Vic is the one man who’d give his life for her and anyone in the families. He’s sworn an oath to protect everyone at all costs...including his future.

The sexual tension, passion and amoré
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
the Eagle Elite series is one of my favorite series and don't think I could ever get tired of it! the only thing I wish for the series is for it be an epic interconnected series that sees the growth and changes to all the main characters, instead of just a series of stand-alone, but that just me and I'll still take what I can get.

Envy was another fun addition to the series. I loved both Vic and Renee and thought they were the perfect match for each other. There's was a forbidden love and loved
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC Received for an honest review

I am a fan of these 1001 short stories - it gives us a glimpse into where some favourite characters are now, or gives us a story of characters that were only minor players in other books.

If you have read Rachel Van Dyken's Eagle Elite series (and if you haven't, you should!) you have met our main man Vic.

We know what Vic is capable of from previous stories, however we don't know Vic. He plays by the rules, no matter what it costs him.

Renee is sweet and adorable, however we soon come to learn
Jan
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia-madness
I was hooked from the first chapter and read in one sitting.

What a dilemma Vic was in. Vic was sworn into the mafia family to protect, to focus on his job as the enforcer, he was to be celibate with no distractions, he was a lethal weapon for the family and whoever needed him but at the end of the day, he was also just a man.
Vic was drawn to the nanny Renee, a member of the mafia family who was watching over Nixon and Trace's daughter, Serena, her own father is part of the mafia family an
Romance Readers Retreat
I really don't know what to say about this book or this series because how do you take something that's already fabulous and make it even more fabulous? I have no idea either but Rachel Van Dyken does and she does it with what seems like total ease.

Vic Colezan is bodyguard to the five families as he is the best at what he does. Taking an oath 3 years earlier for the families it means he vowed to not only be loyal but to be celibate to avoid distractions along the way. So when Vic is
FunUndertheCovers
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RVD’s mafia men might be violent monsters but they’re totally swoon worthy at the same time. This book is a standalone in Rachel’s Eagle Elite mafia series, but once you read this, you’ll be going back to the beginning and binge reading them all!

This is a taboo love story, one that doesn’t feel like it could possibly have a happy ending. I feel like every Eagle Elite book written gets grittier and darker and more violent, which is somehow perfect and necessary to the series. I loved the intensi
Becky Rendon
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Eagle Elite...how do I love thee! Let me count the ways...

This series is my unicorn. It is the happy place, the warm fuzziness I need with guns, gore, and mafia. Clearly my unicorns fight more than graze. Lol. These "unicorns" run the world. They aren't rainbow following happily lazing unicorns. No, they are the guns blazing, knife throwing, and drugging kind. My unicorns fight for love, fight for the right thing, and will do anything for family. So...

Let me count the
Theresa Payne
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book in the Egeal Elite. I cant believe how with each book I fall more in love with this series. I hope they never end. Vic what man, what a tough oath to take for the familes. Oh but temptation is so good.
Resch Reads
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
*Book Received in Exchange for Honest Opinion/Review*

What can I say, I am a sucker for the mafia and Envy was no exception. Every time I start one of these books, I worry that characters I love will be offed, I mean we are 9+ books in at this point and I can say that I quickly learned not to trust Rachel because you never know what plot twist will lie around the corner. I was absolutely captivated by Renee and Vic dancing around each other. And what can I say other than I love the li
Dawnette
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ugghh not enough......lol

I loved heading back into the mafia! it's like an addiction I just started and I can't quit, not that I want too.....I loved the conviction Vic had when it came to Renee and her safety but it was great to see the bit of human in him that was so deeply hidden behind the monster he had to be. These two were meant for each other. Their love was deep and necessary. I loved visiting the family all over again. I can't wait for the next book💖💖💖
Laura Parker
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He watches the nanny, thinks about her, lusts after her. She has no idea who she is, but of course they all do. Secrets are kept, white lies are told. Love finds its way into the darker soul of Vic. He’s bound to the family took an oath, but she’s a temptation he can’t ignore.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Envy: An Eagle Elite Novella was an addictive, sexy mafia romance!!! RVD bewitches readers to fall in love with her complicated and yet lovable heroes. And in this novella, RVD has me and fellow readers falling hard for Vic as he can’t fight his growing forbidden attraction to Renee, the nanny. So if you are looking for a whirlwind story that was addicting, full of sexual chemistry, and of course RVD’s staple of mafia romance then this is the book for yreview
Becca
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Mafia Madness and it's oh so good! The Nanny and the MadeMan... Yes please - Full review to come.
Three Chicks
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

I love Rachel Van Dyken's Eagle Elite series. She can write the biggest, most diabolical mobsters and yet have me swoon over them just the same!

Renee is the nanny for Nixon's daughter and Phoenix's son. While she is no stranger to the life that these men lead, she longs for the day that she will be going away for school. She's 21 and wants a life separate from this one. No more guns and blood and fighting.

Vic Abandonato watch
A Klue
As an avid mafia romance reader, this book was right up my alley. I loved seeing Vic, the tough, self-disciplined, enforcer, mafioso made man, lose his heart and self control at the same time find the soul he thought he’s been missing.

Renee, the heroine, brought light to his darkness, folks. It was sweet how at first she was attracted to yet absolutely terrified of Vic. As they start to spend time together, she learns he’s had eyes only for her in more ways than one.

Their attraction and chemis
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
5 Bring Me toLife Crowns

I don’t know what it is about Rachel Van Dyken’s mafia heroes, but I fall desperately in love with every single one of them. The danger, the passion, and the romance just captivates me. I never want their story to end.

Vic, the enforcer and assassin, has a mask of indifference. He has lived a life devoted to the families, but in Envy we see him crack. And like the other couples in the series, particularly the men, when he falls for Renee it is with
HeatherP
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
I love all the guys from these books, but Chase was and always will be my favorite guy. Vic though, man he has shot up to the top of the list, second only to Chase. I loved him so much. The way he struggled with staying true to his oath and wanting something in this life for himself pulled on my heartstrings so hard.

"I sold everything. Including my soul to the families. And now, now, I hated that a part of me..wanted it back. Because of a girl who let me hold her when she was scared. And/>
Melinda
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Envy by Rachel Van Dyken

I always love coming back to The Family and this 1001 Dark Night novella is perfect for a little something extra in between the full-length novels. While we still get a hefty dose of the mafia bosses and their respective families, this is the story of their nanny, Renee and the protector, Vic. While we’re fully aware of Vic’s capacity within the family and know just how much blood he’s spilled, we either aren’t aware or I simply can’t remember having read the vows he’s m
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.75 stars. Quickie Review:

This was a good book. This is a Renee and Vic's story. Renee is the daughter of a mafia member and she nannies for the families of main guys in charge of this mafia group. The story is a little reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet. Renee falls for one of the enforcers, Vic, assigned to guard her and the kids. But he is supposed to remain celibate, to keep his concentration on his job.

This was a novella, but I did feel on the longer side. I really enjoyed the wr
Nightbird Novels
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

As the nanny for some of the most ruthless young mafia leaders, Renee is living her life constantly on edge. Luckily her job is only temporary, and she can go back to her real life soon. Away from the volatile personalities, the danger, and the man she can't seem to stop thinking about...

Vic Abandonato has pledged his life to protect his family. While he allows himself to watch Renee, touching her would be disastrous to upholding his vow. If only she stays far aw
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Mr. Mysterious In Black (Billionaire Brothers, #1)
  • Dragon in the Blood (Vale of Stars, #2)
  • Her Master's Christmas
  • Target (Circle of Justice, #2)
  • Saving Evangeline
  • Nailed (Dad Bod Contracting, #3)
  • Knox: Volume 4 (Knox, #4)
  • Friends (Sempre, #0.5)
  • Blood Cure (Blood Type, #3)
  • Broken Love (Blinded Love Series, #2)
  • Lock
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Star (Starland Vamp, #1)
  • The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)
  • Legacy of Succession (Dark Sovereignty #1)
  • Fall with Me (Sixth Street Bands, #2)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Eagle Elite (9 books)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Entice (Eagle Elite, #3)
  • Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)
  • Ember (Eagle Elite, #5)
  • Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)
  • Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite, #8)
  • Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)
“Maybe Nixon knew that my one personality flaw was that I loved too much. Loved too hard. I didn’t know how to go in halfway. So when I saw something I wanted, I dove head first with my heart and left my brain behind.” 0 likes