Start by marking “The Last Goodbye (Forgotten Gods, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Last Goodbye (Forgotten Gods, #0.5)

The Last Goodbye (Forgotten Gods, #0.5)

500 years before Theo met Cassia, Leander met Lyda.

The Netherworld was never meant for the living. It steals a mortal’s sanity piece-by-piece, day-by-day. No one understands that better than the God of Death. But the chance for even a single day of company is a seductive thing and Leander can’t help looking forward to each sacrifice.

When the last mortal country outlaws hum
Published December 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Last Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Goodbye

Start your review of The Last Goodbye (Forgotten Gods, #0.5)
Candace Robinson
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best short stories I have read, and I can't wait to read the spin off novel, Fragile Chaos. Even though it was short, I could connect with Leander and really feel for him as I was inside his head. I wanted to pull him into a great big hug!

I liked Lyda's character, too! But watching her sanity slipping away was heartbreaking! I loved the writing and the beautiful ending in this!

Review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
Ah! I loved Leander from Fragile Chaos, and oh, this novella was everything I could have wanted! Even though I knew where this story was headed, it was still heart-breaking, and bitter-sweet, and perfection! I don't read many novella, unless it's part of a series, or other book like this was, but even so, this was one of my favorites! For such a short story, there is plenty of emotion, and I was easily able to meet and connect with the characters, an important fact since this can easily serve as ...more
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
Heart wrenching and perfect

This is a prequel novella about Leander the God of Death, from Fragile Chaos. I was so excited to learn of this short story because Leander is a figure we see in Fragile Chaos, but don’t come to learn as much as I wanted. This solves that issue and made my heart absolutely bleed for him.

Short, but went in depth about Leander, I was able to connect and grasp more about his character. Honestly, loved this sad little story! Grab some tissues but read this!!!
Jess (bookwyrmbella)
Fantastic back story for The God of Death

If you read Fragile Chaos and wanted to get more insight into Leander than this is the book for you. I love Leander and this story shows even more how he became such a remarkable character. Lyda definitely had an impact on him and it shows when you see how he eventually is with Cassia in Fragile Chaos. Even if you haven't read Fragile Chaos yet, you should still read this. There is so much hope and compassion but also sadness in this story.
Jean
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpectedly short

From the blurb I misunderstood the content of this book. I thought it began with Lyda & Leander then morphed into a story about Theo & Casia. I was wrong.

I don't know if it's because of my expectations, but the story feels incomplete. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it, but it feels like there should have been more.
Kalyn Josephson
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story pretty much tore my heart into tiny pieces in the most lovely way (it's possible, I promise lol). A great companion to the awesome novel the MC is from (Fragile Chaos! Check it out!). Definitely stands alone if you haven't read the novel though, and I definitely recommend it!
Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms
So sad, so sweet.

I loved Theo and Cassia's story and Leander intrigued me from the first time I met him. I was eager to read this one and, having done so, I feel so sad. Leander is such a sweet man, even as the God of Death, and so much of me just wanted him to be happy.
Faida orrie
Feb 09, 2019

• My Dark Vanessa
  • Dreamsongs, Volume I
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Volume One
  • George MacDonald: The Complete Fantasy Collection - 8 Novels & 30+ Short Stories and Fairy Tales (Illustrated): The Princess and the Goblin, Lilith, Phantastes, ... Dealings with the Fairies and many more
  • Our Life with Bigfoot: Knowing our Next of Kin at Habituation Sites
  • The Mooncalfe
  • Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success
  • The End of the World: Stories of the Apocalypse
  • Guerrilla Publishing: Dangerously Effective Writing and Book Marketing Strategies
  • The Forgotten Beasts of Eld
  • Creating Character Arcs: The Masterful Author's Guide to Uniting Story Structure, Plot, and Character Development
Amber R. Duell is a native of Central New York but currently lives in Mississippi with her husband and two sons. She survives on caffeine and baked goods. When not reading or writing, she enjoys snowboarding, embroidering, staying up way too late to research genealogy, and discovering real-life adventures.

News & Interviews