Start by marking “Don't Be Afraid” as Want to Read:
Don't Be Afraid

Don't Be Afraid

Coming in 2018

Have you ever looked at someone and just knew,
knew that they were put in your life for a reason?
The one person that would be not only your best friend,
but would be your absolute everything?
That’s how I felt the first time I saw him.

That one day when a few little words changed our entire lives forever…

Don’t be Afraid, he said.
Life can change so quickly.
One m
Published February 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Don't Be Afraid, please sign up.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

DON’T BE AFRAID: Is a standalone contemporary romance full length novel by C.A. Harms. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives’ In this we meet Sawyer, Patrick and Gabe. This is broken down in two parts.

Ignore that title and be very very afraid, afraid you’ll wake your partner in the night from sobbing, afraid the next morning when you look in the mirror and a scarecrow looks better!! The ‘Prologue’ sets you up on a collision course of soggy tissues, think you’ve cried before over factional character
Alex ♈
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 – 4.5 stars

Very emotional read. Deep, tragic, and very beautiful.

I cried, I sobbed, I wept till 60% and then some.
God, Patrick’s destiny broke my heart!
Patrick was everything! Strong, caring, sweet, faithful – one of the best heroes I ever read.
Life is unfair. Why do good people hurt? Why?!

I loved Patrick so much, that I couldn’t spare much feelings for Gage. Sorry. He was a good man, but he wasn’t Patrick.

Sweet strong heroine. I felt for her. But despite all her pain and loss she was a hap
Dri ✰
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 2018-favorites
★ 5+++++ ALL THE FEELINGS stars!!! ★

When a book/author finds the way to your heart... ❤

“You’re my adventure... Our life, our journey, it’s all my adventure.”

Bem, fale-me sobre sentimentos à flor da pele...

Que história mais linda, emocionante e de partir o coração!
Esse é aquele tipo de livro que eu amo ler e quando termino a leitura, fico com a enorme vontade de abraçar e guardar pra sempre.
Aquele que me encontrou na hora certa, que me fez sentir um turbilhão de emoções, que partiu meu coraç
warhawke
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Emotional masochists
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Sawyer Cooper was lucky to have found her soul mate at a young age. For five years she lived a blissful life with her husband Patrick. As a young couple they had plans and dreams for the future, but sometimes fate had a way to challenge even the strongest love.

“Today we’ll fall apart. Today we’ll blame God, we’ll hate our fate, we’ll yell, cuss, and scream. We’ll be angry and sad. Today we’ll do all that. But tomor
Bev
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Well, that annihilated me, totally. In all the books I've read, and I've read a lot, I don't think I have ever ugly cried so much. I started crying in the prologue and didn't stop until after half way through. And in all the books I've read I don't think any could measure up to the feelings Don't Be Afraid pulled out of me (she says after going through a box of tissues reading this!)

This book!! I wish I could sum up just how much I loved it, I couldn't find fault even if I tried. I adored P
Tina H
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 “Forever my girl.” Stars

description

"I’d spend the rest of life thanking my angel above for the love he shared and the life he gave me."

I am not sure I can write a review right now so I am just going to say that this book shattered me. Me though the entire book….

description

But dammit, I loved every minute, every tear and every emotion of this story. It is absolutely heartbreaking but so f*****g beautiful! This one will be with me forever!!

Damjana
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like it. Why? Because I didn't buy it!

First half was really heartbreaking. It was explained, step by step, how her husband was dying due to cancer. Second half was sugarcoated and sweetened all over and that was just too much. Everything seemed so artificial, new love with old friend happened immediately -wham bam here we are all really happy at the end! Really??? It was rushed and too polished. Same (too) sweet facts and statements were repeating through whole story.
Lo Bookfrantic
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-br
Loved first 50% but can't say the same about the other half.... Might have rolled my eyes the last 20%....I had very high hopes for this story but because the first half made me feel so much I still overall enjoyed it.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
4 Patrick stars

God this book put me through the ringer. I cried so much.
I've stop reading this author's books because one way or another there's always OW drama or the hero is a manho. But I'm glad I gave this one a chance.
Patrick, Patrick was just amazing. I fell in love with him through the heroine's eyes. His POV just gutted me. I don't think I've ever cry that much reading a book.
There was no room for anyone else, I just couldn't fall for someone else, he stole my heart and never gave it
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Reading this book felt like someone took a hammer to my heart and shattered it into tiny little pieces. From the beginning of this book, the prologue sets the stage for the devastation that awaits this couple. I ached so much for Patrick and Sawyer. Their love was what most people only dreamed of and I cried for the unfairness of their fate.
"You're my adventure." I cupped his face in my hands and looked at him with all the intensity I felt. "Our life, our journey, it's all my adventure.

Oh Patr
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I’m scared… I don’t know how to be me without you.

Miss him, fall apart. I’m here to pick you up, I promise.

He knew I couldn’t help but fall in love with you. How could anyone not see the beauty inside you and be weakened by it?

I promised her pancakes and eggs… There may have been a mention of chocolate chips too… What? Isn’t it in the aunt handbook that I should spoil my one and only niece every single chance I get?

My Review:

While the premise was relevant and predictable, the exc
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as never-gonna-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-covers
kapağı görüp aşık oldum çok merak ettim gittim indirdim sonuna baktım ve tahmin ettiğim gibi çıktı.

(view spoiler)
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
3,5 - 4
Eu adoro livros com o tema e talvez por ter lido alguns outros, esse não me impactou tanto.
Gostei da divisão do livro, dos personagens principais, mas aquela ex- mulherzinha aparecer para assombrar foi totalmente desnecessário.😑
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
5 amazing heartbreaking tearful stars...

If I could rate this story over and over and over I would, cause when a story like this hits, there's no way that you'll ever forget it, trust me this story will impact all the feelings you cannot believe so prepare for the ugly cry the sniffling and just the deep overwhelming heartache. Seriously and it’s my first book by this author.

Tbh, I never ever ever expected this story cause judging sometimes get you wrong. The blurb I was more curious about and t
SiKReviews
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is highly emotional. You WILL cry. You will fall in love with characters. You will want to call the author nasty hateful names for making you cry so hard. You will never want to put it down.

That being said, before you read this book, you will need the following:

1. Tissues: This is Imperative!!! I am not talking a little pack you put in your kids' back packs, I am talking, full flu-sizes box. Maybe more than one.

2. Woobie: You will want to be comfortable because you will not be going an
 B.E.Love
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't write a review for this book right after I finished it because of the effect it had on my. The only way I can describe it was I was gutted. This book still now a week later makes me want to weep. Which is exactly what I did through pretty much this entire book. When I say weep I actually mean I wept as in I woke up with eyes swollen still from the other night. This book was one of the hardest books I ever read and yet one of the best and most beautiful books I have ever had the privil ...more
Amber
I liked the idea of the plot, but felt that the short length of the book and the author’s writing style left something to be desired. While I cried at the beginning of the book when Patrick was dying, the rest of the book didn’t evoke much emotion. I never felt Gage and Sawyer’s connection or attraction. The book was very much “tell” and not “show.”

However, the cover is absolutely gorgeous and the main reason I was drawn to the book.
aicha julie
I cried through the whole thing even when there were happy moments. It was beautiful, heartbreaking and overwhelming because it was so much relatable.
I loved all characters and the story itself, i cried for Patrick and Sawyer and mumbled how it wasn't fair to lose the people you love just like that, how can anyone survive through that?
I loved it so much and i'm too overwhelmed right now to write more than this.
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.5 the first half I loved sooooo much!! I was crying and tearing up every other page. It was so emotional and heartbreaking. I loved Patrick, he was so sweet and damn him and sawyer went through so much together! The second half I felt was insta love though. I was totally underwhelmed compared to the beginning relationship. But overall I thought it was good and I enjoyed myself. I loved having a little glimpse into the hardest time in pat and sawyers relationship. It was very realistic.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
I told him to fight, I told him I needed him.
We needed him.
But there are just some fights that can't be won…

I truly do not have the words to review this book. I was trying to read through my tears at 6% this book is a great book just so heartbreaking. I had to keep taking breaks and putting the book down I cried so hard in this book.

Sammy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

I’m not used to reading a story that starts out very emotional in a heartbreaking way, but I have to say that combined with the ending it was perfect! This was definitely a bittersweet love story! I couldn’t put it down without wanting to pick it right back up!
Julyana Galvão
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Não sei muito o que dizer desse livro...
Existem outros disponíveis falando sobre o assunto tratado, e muitos eu evito...
A escrita dessa autora, que não conhecia, é tão boa e fluída. E eu senti tanto... rsrsrsrs muitas lágrimas.
E como adoro um drama bem escrito: 5 stars
Katerina
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
With a hero dying, imo there are two ways around it.

A. Reading about them falling in love from the first meeting point etc, until the bomb shell drops on readers that he has been diagnosed with "x" condition and has "x" amount of time to live.

Or

B. Having an equal share time with the prospective future hero and flash backs to the old hero who is already dead. Therefore a story centred around moving on and getting the feels from the current hero.

Because I will tell you this now, I mainly root fo
Lydia H
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. GOSH. This book has ruined me in the best way possible.

The rumors were true. You NEED TISSUES for this one. Tons and tons of tissues. I cried practically the whole time! For sure I cried the entire first 70% of this book consecutively. Then, even as I felt my shattered heart healing, I still cried!

Patrick. God, what a MAN. Seriously. I still feel like crying just thinking of him!!! He was PERFECT. Everything he did for Sawyer and his daughter... From housework to the letters!!!! OMG. *
Tina H
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd time was a good as the 1st!
Nancy Metsch
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If it was possible this book should get at least 10 stars.
In the entire time I have been a fan of CA Harms work, I have never read such a beautiful heart breaking story. It has led to a huge book hangover.
I know I have said this before, BUT Don't be afraid is with a doubt Crystal's best book EVER!!! And that is saying something. She not only gave us one incredible man to love ( Patrick) But 2 ( Gage) Both perfect book boyfriend material.
I had alot of ugly cry moments with this book, and I am
Camila Matuella
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Livro bem escrito, uma história bem boa.
Patricia Gurjao
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 estrelas e muitas lágrimas...
Raquel Costa
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** 5 estrelas e muito amor envolvido **

Que livro amor 😍 estou totalmente apaixonada.
A autora construiu uma história de amor tão linda, personagens tão apaixonantes que não tem como se encantar com todos.
É uma história de amor, uma lição de vida, uma história de superação.
Esse livro vai sem sombra de dúvidas partir seu coração, mas aos poucos seus cacos serão colados de volta e vc vai sentir o quanto o amor foi verdadeiro nesse livro.
Eu não chorei, mas recomendo que leiam com o lencinhos do lado,
“You were made just for me, Sawyer Cooper,” he whispered sleepily. “I truly believe that.” I squeezed my eyes shut tighter as I curled into him closer. “Forever my girl.” 1 likes
“I’d promised to live tomorrow, and I dreaded keeping that promise. It would be one of the hardest things I’d ever had to do. I felt like we were living on borrowed time, like I was watching the sand fall through the hourglass and another piece of my soul was fading away with each grain.” 0 likes