Start by marking “Widow of Papina” as Want to Read:
Widow of Papina

Widow of Papina

Forrest and Braydon Miller moved to the small town of Papina to follow their dreams and start a family. Braydon loves her new life in the quiet town, kept alive by the prestigious boarding school overlooking the valley. She is so proud of her husband's work, helping the teens on the reservation.

Until one day, Forrest doesn't come home.

Scandal spreads when it’s discovered t
Published December 2017 (first published July 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Widow of Papina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Widow of Papina

Start your review of Widow of Papina
Stacy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Braydon and Forrest had the made-for-each-other romance/relationship that others envied. Happily married, Forrest had just been hired at his dream job of helping at-risk teens on the Reservation. The couple had just bought their dream house in small town Papina and their first child born shortly there after. One of the Native American girl, Nova, Forrest was mentoring had had a very troubled life and had an obvious crush on Forrest-- the only nice man she had ever known. One day, while trying to ...more
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
**** 3.75 Stars ****

The beginning was so strong in Papina. It takes you to a small town where there were plenty of friendly neighbors, some being too friendly. Bray and her husband settle into the community nicely, until he goes missing.

Why did he leave his wife and newborn? Where did he go? The sheriff tries to help Bray find her husband, but as time goes on, he eventually helps her around the house with improvements.

"I will break down every wall you see in the way, and I will wait until y
Leigh Statham
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
From the first pages of this book I was completely invested in the characters. Hamstead does a wonderful job of painting a picture perfect little town complete with all the quirky people you'd expect to find living there. I was especially interested in the dichotomy between the reservation and the private school. You know that a town with that much disparity in lifestyle, and underlying bigotry, is going to come with it's share of drama.

Without fail, Hamstead delivers more than just a little bit
Lauren (My Expanding Bookshelf)
Papina is an enjoyable read which although a mystery was quite unique as it also deals with love, loss, and race. The story did start off a bit too slow and cheesy for me. Forrest and Braydon are extremely sickly sweet with each other and it felt like their relationship was far too perfect to be anything like a real relationship. However, and it sounds cruel to say this, the story got so much better (and realistic) after Forrest disappeared. But that is the whole basis of the story so it's all g ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
I was excited to read this book. The blurb and the cover really drew me in.
After about a third of the way through I was waiting for something, anything to happen. This book seemed to go more towards Young Adult, maybe even Christian Fiction.
We have Forrest, he's Native American. He moves his wife Braydon, and their infant son Jackson, to the town of Papina, where he will work with the youth of the tribes, troubled kids. Then he ends up missing very early in the book.
Next we have Braydon, she's o
Michael Cristiano
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can read my full review at: http://michaelcristiano.net/2014/09/2...

I can honestly say that I liked it. I normally don't read mystery or drama, but I was pretty intrigued by this novel. To me, Katie Hamstead did a lot more than create a who-dunnit novel - she explored what happens behind the scenes of a murder trial.

Right from the beginning, I was trying to figure out who the culprit was. At first, I found myself feeling like this was a tad fluffy, but I'm happy to say I was wrong. I was a f
Samantha
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Papina was an incredible book! I loved each and every one of the story-lines taking place within its pages. The characters were richly written and kept me on my toes wondering how they would all end up, and with whom. Papina told a beautiful story of love, loss, forgiveness, and moving forward. I am completely hooked on K. Hamstead's books. I have read the first novella from Bear County. I truly hope there will be more to come from her.
Jackie Garcia
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Forrest and Braydon had a new start for their young lives. Until... It was nice to read of all of the support Braydon got from those around her. After Forrest's disappearance her whole life changed. Having to take total responsibility for her little family and help with the search. Never giving up faith in her husband.
Sue's Romance Reviews
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Going into this book, I didn’t know what to expect. This is a new to me author and based on the synopsis, I was intrigued. I was not disappointed.

This is an emotionally gripping story that will pull on your heartstrings. It is poignant, believable and heartfelt. I loved all of the characters in this book. I wanted to be a part of their town and wanted them to be my friends. I was immersed in this little town as well as the drama, love and arguments that unfolded. There were twists and turns I di
Dana Busenbark
I like Bray and Forrest. A lovely couple they are. Who is Jackson? Where did Bray and Forrest move to? Why? Where are they from? Soon after the birth of their child, what happens? Who is Nova? Why does Bray move Nova into her home? When Nova does not, cannot, or will not speak for close to or just over a year, what happens that causes her to speak again? What does she think is or has happened? What motion of events does this start? It was really good to see that some of my thoughts about people ...more
Tracey
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Braydon Miller who has moved to a small town to start a new life with her family. This town of Papina is so friendly and Braydon’s husband Forrest is doing well at the boarding school and helping the teens on the reservation.
But when Forrest disappears, Braydon’s life changes and she has to start moving forward with her young son Jackson and help from the Sherriff Paul, who has feelings for Braydon and will wait forever
Katie Hamstead
ARCs available for review upon request.
ocdbookreader
You can find my review here.
Fictional Men's Page for Book Ho's bloghttp://fictionalmenspageforbookhos.bl...
Elsie Elmore
Sep 01, 2014
Angelique
rated it did not like it
Dec 12, 2017
Heather Bryant
Aug 17, 2015
Katie Hamstead
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Angelique Smith
Lori Franklin Hopkins
Lorelei Frank
Sue
Jul 29, 2014
Born and raised in Australia, Katie's early years of day dreaming in the "bush," and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student. Now she lives in Arizona with her daughters and their dog.
She has a diploma in travel and tourism which helps inspire her writing.
When her debut novel, Kiya: Hope o