Start by marking “Merry Inkmas” as Want to Read:
Merry Inkmas

Merry Inkmas

Enjoy another Dirty British Romance by Talia Hibbert, author of Bad for the Boss. Christmas just got sexy…

"There's a beast inside of me. I keep it caged. You drive it wild.”

Cash Evans has come a long way since his troubled childhood, but all the wealth he's earned as a tattoo artist can't fix the hole in his heart. He knows that the sweet barista who haunts his dreams is
Published December 1st 2017 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about Merry Inkmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Inkmas

Start your review of Merry Inkmas
Melanie

“…Princesses like no-strings sex just as much as the next girl.”

Oh, friends, please pick this one up for the holiday season! It was so heartwarming, so atmospheric, and brought me so much joy to read! I loved both protagonists, I loved the wintery setting, I loved the Christmas tattoo shop, and I completely recommend this one with my entire heart. And now I need to go and read everything by Talia Hibbert.

This is an ownvoices novel, starting a Black woman that is working as a barista in a
Miranda Reads
Dec 04, 2019 is currently reading it
Well...I honestly can't remember the last time I picked up a book with a cover like this (lol).

I'm really curious how it'll go (it's the December pick for Dragons & Tea Book Club)

YouTube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat @miranda.reads
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Cash Evans and Bailey Cooper both grew up with troubled home lives, and their experiences have taught them coping methods: for Cash, he has a “90 day policy”—90 days, no more, and he walks away without ever looking back. Bailey, on the other hand, walls herself off from love. What happens when she finds herself a new hire at Cash’s tattoo shop and they both begin to feel things that go against all of their beliefs?

At this point, do I even need to introduce this review? I mean… it’s Talia
Warda
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this quite a bit. I was left wanting more though... more of the characters and their history. The surface was scratched but the layers weren’t fully explored, neither did the writing click with me completely. But it was warm and the family aspect was awesome and I enjoyed how feisty and ambitious our main female character was and the kindness that was overflowing in this book.

I’m intrigued to read more of Talia Hibbert’s work.
chan ☆
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
actually a hallmark movie

whew, where to start. i guess i can say that i didn't hate this. i went in with very low expectations given the premise and my perception of holiday romances. i wasn't expecting a swoon worthy, character heavy story. and i think that aided in my enjoyment of it.

i think my main issues were with the useless side plots and the lack of sexin. to my first point, there was a character introduced in the beginning that did absolutely nothing for the plot. this person did not
Melanie A.
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo
5 STARS!!
Love was a tricky fucker.
Really, really loved it!
There was something about seeing a bad boy blush that made her desperate to keep the moment going.
Great heroine.
It never occurred to people that a woman might possess more than two dimensions. That she might be awkward, geeky and horny all at once.
Fabulous hero.
"I want to love you the way you deserve to be loved."
Intelligent writing, lots of British slang, a few good pulls at my heartstrings, big declarations, a
K.J. Charles
A shamelessly feeltastic Christmas story (which I read in an early summer heatwave because I'm a rebel). Hero and heroine both struggling with seriously messed up backgrounds, both personally prickly, defensive and far too quick to walk away, but both intensely kind to others if not themselves.

Kindness is such a theme of this author's and it's incredibly powerful. The older I get, the lower my tolerance goes for heroes (indeed men) who pile their pain on other people's shoulders without
rachel ☾
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to rachel ☾ by: destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
ahhh,, i loved this so much if you're looking for a festive romance w/ fantastic woc, plus-size, and queer rep, you need to jump on this asap ...more
Chelsea
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty stinkin cute

This was an adorable diverse romance! I love all the things represented in this book; race, mental illness, homelessness, poverty, sexuality, body mods, the list goes on! While this is a steamy read, it definitely still gives you the warm fuzzies of a Christmas romance! Loved it.
preoccupiedbybooks
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This was okay, it made me feel Christmassy, but it was nowhere near as good as ’A girl like her.’ Merry Inkmas felt really different to that book, which I enjoyed a lot more. This one felt like it had something missing? It didn’t go deep enough, and the writing style felt weird to me too.
Great to read about diverse characters again though in this genre.
❤❤Dee's Love of Books ❤❤
Enjoyed reading Cash and Bailey's inspiring story!

4 intriguing but enjoyable stars!!!!!!!
Kathy - Books & Munches
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Can I just say how much I love Bailey? She has her past and it made sure she wants to be her own woman. She wants to handle things on her own without depending on men. She knows she can do it on her own and fights to prove just that. I respect that; I truly do. Men, still, too often think we need them to succeed at life while we don't. I admire her and.. Well.. Definitely a female character I could see myself falling for!
When it comes to Cash.. Skies.. Give me dark, brooding and inked any time
Amélie Boucher
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Amélie by: chan ☆
I read this as part of a readalong Chandler was hosting on Twitter.

I headed into this knowing this wasn't going to be for me. It did sound interesting, but I had a feeling I wouldn't love this one, and that's exactly what happened.

The book wasn't bad per se. It is very cliché though, which kind of disappointed me. I was hopeful this would be different when I started reading it, but I was let down.

The plot in itself wasn't bad, but what made this hard for me to enjoy was the characters.

Cash is
Ness (Vynexa)
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
’In fact, she’d started to think of him as a cup of coffee: black, with a shot of gingerbread syrup curled up at the bottom. Someone just needed to stir him up and make him sweet all the way through.

Christmas Smut, just what I needed for this reading slump!

Bailey works at a coffee shop and has a crush on Hot Coffee Guy. He comes to the coffee shop every other day and asks for Bailey to Surprise Him, she gladly does so.

One night as Hot Coffee Guy is there getting his caffeinated surprise,
Kayla Brunson
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 32%. I really wanted to love this one, but sadly I just couldn't get into it. I felt like nothing was happening and with this being a short book, something at least should be happening.

However, the main reason I decided to DNF was that I didn't feel any chemistry between Bailey and Cash. I can't read a romance when I don't at least feel a spark between them.
natalie
Well i found a new fave in Talia Hibbert. Damn this book was equal parts funny, sweet, steamy and heart wrenching but of course there was a happy ending so no worries!

i adored Bailey and Cash together my woooord. This big tatted red head who blushes and worships Bailey's body. i love that. He loves her thick thighs and soft tummy and her behind of course *smirk* And Bailey is the sweetest but she gave Cash a good run for his money i'll say. Girl is out here dropping these sexy classic one
ambsreads
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A heartbreaking look at homelessness and abuse, looking at how those things can deeply affect someone. Honestly, something that hit close to home. I don’t think I can write a full review on this one.
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
CW: intrusive thoughts, homeless side character, explicit sexual content, talk about domestic abuse

Full review originally posted on my blog: Word Wonders

Everytime I think to myself “THIS is the month I will go back and read a couple of Talia Hibbert’s backlist books” she comes out with a new one and I READ THE NEW ONE INSTEAD. I’m incorrigible. Good news is I’ve loved every single one of them, Merry Inkmas is no exception to that rule. I read it all in one sitting, which is something I
Lili  (@lilikmarcus) Marcus
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
To everyone who recommended this to me,

Thank you So much.... Though this is not a perfect read while I wait for midnight. Hahaha...
Michaela
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talia is ringing in the holidays with this heartwarming tale of love. Cash and Bailey are quite the pair as they both hold their own definition other hurt that love can cause. Bailey is as charming and sweet as a Disney princess, but hold no delusions about the way the ways of the world. And she's everything Cash wants in a woman, but he struggling to not let his inner demons become just as attached as his heart. When Bailey loses her job at the coffee shop trying to help a friend, Cash steps in ...more
Maria Rose
I picked this up after seeing some friends reading it on twitter (you know who you are) and quite enjoyed it! I loved having a spirited female heroine with a good heart who knows the value of true friends and behaves as one herself. It's a bit of a slow burn romance between Bailey and the hero Cash (a tattoo artist who becomes enamored of the coffee shop barista and ends up giving her a job at his tattoo parlor). Cash runs a bit hot and cold, mostly due to leftover trauma from his childhood and ...more
Clorie
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, unlimited
4 solid diverse stars

This was better written than I expected. And it wasn’t so focused on their skin color or her size. It was a nice romance story about 2 people with some parental issues coming together. I like that they were both good people and did something nice for someone that clearly lead to better life for all.

Will definitely read more from this author.
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Sol ~ TheBookishKing by: chan ☆
Shelves: romance, cover-lovin, smut
Holy heck that Epilogue GUTTED me ugh.

But still - the whole bad boy = troubled past trope kills me and I just hate it.

Why can’t he just be a bad boy and be morally grey

But it was super addictive and I freaking loved it. #screwthereadathon

I really don't enjoy Het Smut too much -but I figured I'd join Chan's Readathon so here I am.
namericanwordcat
This is a Christmas delight of a romance. Cash has a crush on Bailey. It is sweet to see this tattoo artist fall so hard.

This has all the charms of Hibbert's writing: wit, strong women, kind hero, and chemistry.

A nice plot, friends, and great couple.
andrea caro
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 40%. I wish I'd loved it, but there was little-to-no chemistry and I was extremely bored.
iam
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Uh, um, yeah, I didn't really like this.

Content warnings include: intrusive thoughts, sex on-page, homelessness, shitty managers, trauma; mentions and graphic retellings of domestic violence, abuse, stalking and pedophilia.

Merry Inkmas actually started out quite nicely, if a lot higher stakes than I anticipated. Cash and Bailey both seemed fun and like great characters, as did the side characters.

Except then it continued and Cash... turns out he's not such a great guy after all.
Sure, down at
Jaclyn
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After loving Get a Life Chloe Brown, I knew I had to read another book from Talia Hibbert ASAP and I’m so happy I
picked this as my next read! It was PERFECT for the Holidays!!! Her writing style is so fun, witty, refreshing and I love how British it is! Cash and Baileys love story was super heartwarming, sweet and uplifting. The perfect book to get you in the Christmas spirit!
camila ❅
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He squinted. “…No, Bailey. I’m not a werewolf.” And then he laughed. The sound was harsh, broken, but real—and despite the icy chill, her heart grew warm. He bumped his forehead against hers, and some of the strain was gone from his features. “A werewolf? Really? You’re so fucking cute.”

Este libro estuvo super cuuuuuute, divertido, navideño, sexy y era todo lo que necesitaba en este momento, además era fácil sentirse ... relacionado.

“Generally it’s our parents who fuck us up.”
“I have… Thoughts.
The_Book_Queen
Between 3 1/2 and 4 Stars

Again, really enjoy Talia's writing style and I'm excited to see what she does in the future as she writes even more books. I loved the sex and body positivity, the fun lines and characters, and the chemistry between the couple.

I will say I felt like the pacing on this one was a bit slow, and it took me a bit longer to read than a book this length usually would (also, only one sex scene and it's at the 75% mark? *pouts*). BUT! I still very much enjoyed this one and
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)

I flew through this book and it was super enjoyable. However, I think it was pretty rushed? The characters' backstories felt superficial as well, so I didn't see myself really investing a lot into them. It was still cute and steamy, which I really enjoyed. Felt like a Hallmark movie, honestly.

Other reviews have mentioned it but yeah I didn't really enjoy the portrayal of a secondary character coded as autistic. Felt very... stereotypical.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Fans of Interraci...: Christmas Romance 1 24 Dec 01, 2017 11:45AM

• Tikka Chance on Me
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • One Bed for Christmas (Baldwin Village, #0.5)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Wrapped (Fit Trilogy, #3.5)
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Fit (Fit Trilogy #1)
  • Hot Holiday Love: an Interracial romance
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Desire and the Deep Blue Sea (Love Unscripted, #1)
  • One Hot December (Men at Work, #3)
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
  • Dance All Night (Dance Off, #2.5)
  • Grumpy Fake Boyfriend (Kwan Sisters, #1)
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm.
“he’s… hot and cold. I don’t like it. That shit’s manipulative.” John chewed thoughtfully before he answered. “Ordinarily I’d agree with you,” he said. “But I swear down, he might be the sweetest man I’ve ever met. He’s very ‘tortured artist’. You know?” “‘Tortured artist’ is code for ‘attractive arsehole’.” 1 likes
“funny thing about being with Cash—no matter how on edge she felt at first, somehow she always ended up relaxed. Comfortable. Happy. Lord knew why. He was a grumpy fuck.” 1 likes