Start by marking “Gray's Promise (A King Security Novel Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Gray's Promise (A King Security Novel Book 2)

Gray's Promise

(King Security #2)

Zoey Morgan seems to have it all as a successful surgeon in Boston. However, perfection lies only on the surface. Plagued by nightmares and amnesia from a tragedy that ripped her family from her fourteen years ago, she finds the courage to reach out to the only man who can make her feel safe. She’s buried the memory of their love, but her heart—and her body—responds to the ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 8th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Gray's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gray's Promise

Start your review of Gray's Promise (A King Security Novel Book 2)
Dianne
The accident that stole her family also stole her conscious memory of that horrendous night. For fourteen years she has been plagued by nightmares, are they snippets of the night she cannot remember? She became engaged that night, but was it to the wrong man? Why can’t she remember the night she needed the man she loved? Why did he disappear without a trace? Zoey needs Gray now, more than ever before. She believes only he can help her stop both the pain of the nightmares and the block on her mem ...more
N.N. Light
On her eighteenth birthday, Zoey’s world was ripped to shreds. Her family murdered and she herself brutally raped, she nearly went insane. The only person she could trust was Gray, the neighbor young man who she loved. But when she needed him most, he walked away, leaving her alone. It’s fourteen years later and she’s still plagued with nightmares. She can’t remember what happened or who was responsible. Her shrink thinks it’s her mind protecting her from the truth. Zoey needs to release the mem ...more
Judy
One of the best books I've read this year. I first discovered this author by reading book 1 Luke's Redemption in this series and it was 4.5 stars. This book was the perfect second chance romance with a healthy dose of mystery/murder that kept me glued to my seat. Gray and Zoey were young lovers when they were ripped apart by tragedy. Zoey has never recovered from the horrible night she lost her family and finally turns to her "safe place" (Gray) for help in remembering the horrible night she has ...more
Romancing the Book
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by the author

Contemporary Romance, really any kind of romance to be honest, is what I love to read.  Give me a great story with lots of grit, steamy romance, and an entertaining plot, and I’m hooked.  This book didn’t disappoint and I love that I get to discover new, at least to me authors, whose work I haven’t read before.  I don’t think an avid reader has too many authors to stalk, oops I mean follow.

This is book two of A King Security book series.  I didn’t have
Lisabet Sarai
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zoey Morgan and Gray Walker belong together. Growing up on their parents’ adjoining ranches in Denton, Texas, they’re best friends, then, as Zoey matures, more than friends. Gray has always known Zoey would eventually be his; she begs him to take her innocence, but he wants to wait for the perfect time and setting.

On Zoey’s nineteenth birthday, however, everything changes. During the celebration, someone invades the Morgan home, drugs and kills her whole family, then brutally beats and rapes Zoe
Heather 123
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zoey suffers an unimaginable tragedy when her and her family is attacked; she wakes up in a hospital room scared out of her mind with little memory of what happened to discover that most of her family was killed during the attack. The man who comforts her and tries to hold her together is the person she always wanted to be there for her. But when her fiance is not the man holding her, she's left even more confused then ever.

14 years go by, Zoey attempts to live her life but never really ends up
J.R. Tyger
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zoey Morgan - She was nineteen when it happened. The love of her life walked away. Not because of the awful things that happened to her but because she closed herself off to him. In fact, she closed a lot off things off. Including most of what happened the night, it was thought she betrayed the love her life and got herself engaged to his brother. An engagement she never remembered happened since she had been drugged. A night that her mind refuses to remember who did this to her and her family. ...more
TDCbookreviews
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This is the first book I have read from this author and this is the second book in this series. It can be read as a standalone. The writing was great, I loved the emotions that were captured in this book. I loved the HEA, even though they had to go through many obstacles to get their happy ending.

Zoey has really done well with herself after all she has been through. She lost almost her entire family and still became a top surgeon that works
Rebecca Austin
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Grayson Walker walked away from the girl he loved 14 years ago when after an accident his brother, Jacks, announced that he was now engaged to Zoey Morgan. He left and joined the Marines but now works for King Security.

Zoey Morgan has been plagued with nightmares for the past 14 years since the night all of her family was murdered but her. She struggles with remembering what happened that night and knows that she needs to finally get the answers from that night.

But will Gray be willing to help Z
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Wow. I just finished Gray’s Promise and it was everything and nothing like I expected. Anni Fife is a new to me author, and I’m so glad I took the chance to read an ARC of this book!

I was sucked in from the very first words. I love a great romantic suspense. Gray’s Promise is just that along with it being a second chance romance between the two lead characters, Zoey and Gray.

They’re both suffering from the memories from a horrible tragedy that occurred fourteen years ago. Zoey has buried the me
Teresa
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gray's promise is book 2 in the A King Security Series. I read book one, Luke's Redemption, a while back and loved it. I was lucky enough to receive an email from Annie herself asking me if I wanted to read book 2. I of course jumped at the chance. I am so glad that I did. As good as Luke's Redemption was Gray's Promise tops it. To me this book, actually both book's are movie quality. You know when you read a book and think to yourself I would love to watch this play out on the big screen? Well ...more
Becky
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a devastating trauma that brought on select amnesia, Zoey is bound and determined to find out what happened that fateful night. It is not only effecting work, but she's plagued with nightmares that haunt her night after night. There is only one person she trusts enough to help her, but the way she has left thing over the years, he may not be willing.
Gray has had guilt and anger towards Zoey ever since the night she was hurt. He planned to build a life with her until she chose another. She
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Zoey and Gray are young and in love until a horrible tragedy tears them apart. Her family is murdered, and Zoey, though she escapes death, she does not come away unharmed, and neither does her relationship with Gray.

14 years later, Zoey hunts down Gray for help. In the 14 years since he's seen her, he's never gotten over her. He's never been able to get her out of his mind or his heart, even though he's felt her betrayal in his heart every single day. Still, he can't deny her the protection or t
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2 / 5
How explicit 2 / 5
Story 5 / 5
Overall: 5 / 5

Gray’s Promise is the second book in the King Security series by author Anni Fife. This suspenseful romance is utterly spellbinding and well worth the year wait! I do suggest you read Luke’s Redemption, the first book in the series, before beginning this one.

Now, it is possible for you to read this book as a standalone, but know that there is an incident that occurs in the first book. Zoey has blocked out that horrible night, and she
ARLENE
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Luke's Redemption and loved it and just could not wait for Anni's second book in the series.
It arrived this morning and what a book it is. I started reading and could not put it down until I finished it.
The story line is fantastic, a dreadful tragedy that wrecks the relationship between Gray and Zoey.
Fourteen years later Zoey tracks down Gray and pleads with him to help her get her over the trauma that is destroying her life.
Gray is amazing and after 14 years is sexier as he has got olde
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart pounding mystery with childhood sweethearts/friends reunited under not great times after 14 years of pain on both characters. There will be triggers. Zoey was 19 answer on her birthday she was a victim of rape being drugged and witnessed her family’s murder but for 14 years she couldn’t remember anything and it’s even affecting her job as a fetal surgeon. She needs her safe place. Grey. His story is twisted and turned him into a broken shell when she hears about the night Zoey had, the lie ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

Gray’s Promise is the second book in Anni Fife’s King Security Series. There are several characters from the first book, Luke’s Redemption, but this can easily be read as a stand alone. When I say that this book is nothing like the first one, that would be an understatement. Gray’s Promise was much more brutal both physically and emotionally. It is clearly a romance but there is a lot of mystery and suspense in regards to a murder that happened during the heroine’s, Zoey Morgan
Hilary Barnhoorn
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting new Author ......

This is Anni Fyfe’s second novel in the King Security Series.
I enjoyed Book One but this I enjoyed more.

Zoey and Gray have a turbulent relationship but a monstrous tragedy from the past keeps them apart for many years. Slowly the mystery unfolds amid exciting chemistry between the lovers.

Anni Fyfe is a new author who writes with fast-moving descriptive prose full of sizzling suspense for readers who like erotic romance - and are kept guessing until the very end.
LaGina
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and this is the second book in this series. It can be read as a standalone even tho I feel like I am missing something. Then again it could just be my OCD knowing that there is a book one now making me feel like there is some deep dark secret I am missing because I didnt read book one. Anyway, book two was really awesome read and it will keep you interested in whats going on with its great story and awesome plot. I hope to see more from this au ...more
poppy
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the first book in the series Luke's Redemption so could not wait to read Gray and Zoey's story it was a fantastic second chance romance that pulled me right into the story.These two were childhood sweethearts but a tragedy in Zoey's life tore them apart.Now its 12 years later and she is back and needs his help to remember and deal with the worse time in her life.I just loved this book and could not stop reading it a super addition to the series.
Tammy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zoey may seam fine on the outside but she still suffers from nightmares and amnesia about the tragedy that stole her family from her. She is ready to go back and face what happens but she needs Gray to be with her. When Zoey broke his heart years ago and chose another he has built a nice wall up around his heart. Will Zoey break it down? This is a fast-pace read with lots of drama, I was hooked from beginning to end. The characters are great and they story really draws you in. I loved it!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

he backstory of Zoey is heartbreaking, and the perfectly described emotions will bring a tear to the eye and stir up some very harsh emotions in the readers.

Read full review in the 2018 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Gin
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Really good second chance romance with fantastic characters. Steamy chemistry and melting sex scenes. Gray is swoon worthy! Zoey overcomes her past to love again. Engaging emotional storyline with a good mystery and suspense. Worth the read.
Tracie R
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
4.5 Stars Gray’s Promise is book 2 in the King Security series. Murder, Mystery and Romance this one has it all with great character interaction and a dynamic storyline this is definitely one to add to your read list.
Amy Shelton
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gray's Promise (King Security #2) by Anni Fife

5/5 Excellent

Independent reviewer for Archaeolibraian – I Dig Good Books

Wowsa, what an utterly tragic story. It’s full of heartbreak, anguish, tragedy, undescribable actions, and love. Love and hope are the positivity in this story. They are the only thing that kept me reading, knowing, that things had to get better.

My emotions were all over the place. I’d be happy, I’d be sad, I’d be angry. It was a multitude of feelings that I just couldn’t keep co
Dawn West
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

When the girl you love wakes up engaged to someone else...

This was a second chance story if there ever was one. Two people with a strong history who have spent years suffering without each other are brought back together again. But they have demons between them (and some of their own) that they have to face before they can find a happy ending. It was intense at times, pulling at my heartstrings over and over again.

Zoey has lived throug
Nadine
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can I say before I start that I have missed so much Anni's writing and her special take on a super hot steamy romance that leaves me needing a cold shower to cool down?!

When Is ay stuff like that you know already that this is going to be really really bloody well FANTASTIC!  Yup, you may notice the caps.

Alright let me recap this for you, around the same time last year, I was introduced to Anni's writing and reviewed Luke's Redemption the first book for her King Security series. Now that I am wri
Mrs
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Grays Promise is a great read, from the opening page the action and emotions bounce off the page.
Zoey a successful surgeon has been plagued by nightmares after a home invasion that left her father and brother dead and herself being raped. She has no memories of the evening or how she ended up being engaged to Grays brother, when her and Gray had been so happy and in love.
Being angry and heartbroken by these events Gray had left and joined the military, now working for an elite security agen
Marianne Pearson
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

Enjoyed the book, from start to finish. The story line was well constructed and followed through from the first book. Lots of hot passion, emotions and of course I loved the ending.
Paul Franco
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A surgeon scarred by her past finally wants to confront her repressed memories, but needs her meant-to-be but-never-happened to help her, despite how often she’d spurned him in the past.
First of all, I have a problem with this title. This is clearly her story, so why does the title feature the man?
There are three parts to this novel, one more prominent than the others; that of course is the love story. Her psychological well-being is another, while the third is the mystery of what happened to he
Anni Fife is an exciting contemporary romance author who has already made her mark in the popular genre of Steamy Romantic Suspense. Her debut novel, LUKE’s Redemption, has been acclaimed by critics and readers and was a Finalist in the 2017 RONE Awards. Anni credits Kristen Ashley as her guiding inspiration and strives to make her characters equally as heart-wrenching and unforgettable. Anni is c ...more

King Security (2 books)
  • Luke's Redemption (King Security #1)