Start by marking “Devils With Halos (Malignant #1)” as Want to Read:
Devils With Halos (Malignant #1)

Devils With Halos (Malignant #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Ma-lig-nant
Adjective.
1. Malevolent
2. Very virulent or infectious.

Charm is deceptive.
We were taken in the middle of the night.

Beauty is deceitful.
They called it an institution for the diseased.

Freedom is an illusion.
Our choices were no longer our own.
Our bodies became their exclusive property.
Our lives no longer mattered.

Survival is subjective.
We’d all done terrible things
Published 2018

To ask other readers questions about Devils With Halos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devils With Halos

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

description I love all things, Natalie Bennett. In fact, she may be the only author whose books I have read every single one of. They are always entertaining. They are always twisted. They are always full of blood, gore, and all manner of sick debauchery. They have crazy perverted characters. They have smokin' hot sex (some more than others). To sum it up, even a less than impeccable book still guarantees you an enjoyable read.

description

So naturally, I enjoyed this one. In fact, probably up to 85% I would say I love
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

'DEVILS WITH HALOS' is the first book in Natalie Bennett's 'Malignant' series. It is spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.

The beginning of this gripped me by the throat, my heart rate sped up, my anxiety levels spiked,and I honestly even had to set it aside and restart it back in the morning due to it not being the best subject matter before bed. I could imagine the fear going through these four friends as their vacation takes a turn for the worst. I wanted, needed, screamed for the author just to
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
ea45d-44240897_341304426625132_3796901319030079488_n

As usual, this particular author managed to deliver me a story that I really did enjoy: it wasn't perfect but there was still more pros for me here than cons.
I am going to be vague here as I'm not really sure how to adequately describe Devils With Halos the first standalone story in the loosely related Malignant series.
But what I can say is this was very much Natalie Bennetts usual style: a story chocked full of misdirects and unapologetic savagery where as usual she wallows in her debauched sty
Brit
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. And not just because Natalie wrote it, but because its different and unique. I was in the worst book funk. And usually i would read something out of my comfort zone to get me reading again. But nothing worked until I read this. Natalie is my go to for any dark read. Anything i read by her makes me feel 100% like myself and dont have to hise my dark soul. Im sitting here wondering how long do i have to wait for more from her. Because im slightly addicted. I love every book and ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ Jess

Another wild tale from Bennett and I might be starting to question her sanity.

This is not light, anywhere, it is not a romance. It is a dark and twisted tale that is not all the way done being told yet. There is a kidnapping that I still think we are missing pieces of. There is a crazy, pseudo-religious group that is about to go through "changes." There is sex and debauchery and all kinds of messed up lessons.

I felt a little lost when I got to the end. There are a lot of pieces at play, s
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Devils with Halos is a dark and twisted I read in one sitting I just couldn’t put it down from the very first page you think you know what is going on then BAM you just didn’t see that coming. I love this authors books she isn’t afraid to push limits which is what I love about her books I’m not going to go into details of this story I don’t want to ruin it for you.
I liked the characters and I can’t wait for the next books in this series. This book will have you on the edge of your seat until t
Caitlin Audet
My rating: 4.5

First book of the Malignant series, Devils With Halos by Natalie Bennett is as dark and disturbing as is promised in the blurb. Which I'm quickly finding out is my new favorite to read. Although this is my first of this author's work so I'm not entirely sure if the storyline is tied to any other books already out. A few times I felt like I was missing something but I do know I'm completely hooked by not only this story but the writing in general and will gladly be looking into ever
Renee
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

We were taken in the middle of the night. They called it an institution for the diseased. Our choices were no longer our own. Our bodies became their exclusive property. Our lived no longer mattered. We'd all done terrible things. We all had demons. We all had secrets. And the truth would destroy everything.

This is a dark book that is full of twists and turns and will keep you on the edge of your se
Kendra
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bennett has slain once again!

Devils with Halos is a dark and twisted story. It was extremely hard to put down! I only fell victim to it twice: one my eyes were closing on their own and the second was when it was finished. Also, I made my family wait for dinner because I was so immersed in this new world!

The characters are super intriguing, and I couldn't help but wonder where all of this was going! I loved how it gave off Savages vibes too. It appeals to my dark soul!

This is one series I cannot
Up All Night With Books
5 Stars
Review by Morgen
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Devil’s With Halos by International Bestselling Author Natalie Bennett is the first book in the Malignant series. This book throws you into a world of desires and lies.

Faith is riddled with personal demons and addictions. Struggling with her sobriety, she fights to recover memories that are most likely gone for good. She’s kind, seems introverted and a bit self-absorbed.

Ryker is confident and charismatic. He knows what he des
Badh
Lately, when I finish a Natalie Bennett book, all I want to say is fuuuuuuuuu... Yeah. This one is no different. I love the really dark cult thing that Natalie Bennett has been doing lately. It lets her really get into all kinds of conflict and lets her create her own society and all. It also leads to characters who are downright evil and who live by their own code and use words differently than the rest of the world does. And, curse me to Hades if she doesn't make it work so, so, so well.

Faith
Kinky Minx
Thanks to the author for providing ARC in exchange for honest review.

OK, so this is not the first time I came to read from Natalie Bennett. She is by far the darkest author I've read. Whenever I start reading her book, my heart will start flipping over. Devil's with Halo is not too different from her other books.

4.2 stars for this book, as Natalie Bennett style, the story is very dark indeed and full of the degrading scene of women. Natalie truly never disappoint me. I love how dark she can writ
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Within his eyes was a coldness he no longer bothered to veil, a seductively sinister promise of what lay ahead."

This is one of those books that you dive in without much of an idea of what's ahead, and what you experience is so much more than you bargained for!! I can't even really describe the type of story exactly, except it was shrouded in mystery, closely held secrets, brutal, gritty happenings, and a cast of dangerous, powerful, sexy men that pulled me in by the end of the first chapter. I
Joyffree
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Salvation or Forgiveness

I have so many questions!
This is the first book in the Malignant series - we are introduced to some of the characters and given shallow glimpses into their psyches, enough to warrant our instincts that some are not quite all they pretend to be.
As the storyline slowly unravels we are thrown into a dark and distorted reality with brief moments of clarity only to find ourselves once again submerged in the cloying darkness with nothing to grasp on to - This is where I was
Gemma Pritchard
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow oh wow where do I start?

Natalie has done it again with a brilliant book that I devoured in a few hours. It's a quick read but is jammed packed full of everything you expect from Natalie.

Faith has had her troubles in the past and been to rehab to get clean, so when her and her friends decide to go away together to a resort she feels like her life is finally back on track. So when in the middle of the night they are all kidnapped while stopping for gas they have no idea what's in store.

Ryk
Tyi
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Usually when I read works by this author, I never know what I will be getting. The characters are never one dimensional. They don't have follow a conventional playbook. The game master already knows the end game and pawns are never known until close to the end. I really liked Devils with Halos. I tried to make the connections between characters. Who was important? Who might be easily disposed of?

Faith and Ryker have a complicated history that is drenched in sin. Faith is tried to suppress her d
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The brilliantly twisted Natalie Bennett has penned another dark story that fed my inner dark & twisty self with the new series Malignant. Devils With Halos is story that serves up the extremely original dark undertones that Ms. Bennett is so famous for, which definitely has me dropping all kinds of new versions of f-bombs. I don't know how to describe it without giving away the plot so bear with me here. I will say that the heroine is named Faith, while the hero, and I use that term loosely ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The scars on my heart and soul told a story I wasn’t strong enough to speak aloud."

Devils With Halos is a twisted read that leaves you blind to what is going on. You find things out as soon as Faith does, there is no guessing. You'd be wrong. I was completely swept up in this dark and depraved story. I was lost as much as Faith was. When the secrets came about, I was blown away by the evil that lurked where I least expected it. Ryker was an evil I could see, feel, and knew. I instantly loved hi
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Well holy shit batman. We are hitting the ground running right out of the gate. Psychological twists and turns, secrets and an unhinged hot male who thinks he is the mother effing judge and jury. Ryker Silas is the Supreme; superior among his subjects that follow a doctrine created to absolve them of their sins and allow them to embrace their demons and learn to play nice with those demons. Faith will need to decide whether her belief and trust can be placed with Ryker and his religion.

Bennett a
Lita Thomas
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Devils with Halos (Malignant book 1) by
Natalie Bennett is a bizarre tale of Faith a young lady who has finally got herself together after abusing drugs and alcohol. She and her friends are going on a girls trip to bond and repair their friendship. On the way to the resort they stop at a deserted gas station. Faith swears when they are driving away she sees a man's face looking out of the window of an abandoned van near the gas station. Back on the road they get run off the road and ambushed. Wak
Julie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another dark and twisted story from Natalie Bennett with Devils with Halos. It was a
gripping, fast paced read, short but well written and easily finished in one sitting.
This author is not afraid to push the limits in her books so anything is possible in her amazing story telling, and I wasn’t disappointed with Devils with Halos. No spoilers here, I’ll just mention there’s several young women and add some handsome men to the mix and Ms. Bennett has a story.
The characters were very different, whi
Ani
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The forward for Devils with Halos warns you it will be a slow burn. What it doesn’t tell you is that it will have you riveted from the beginning. Natalie Bennett has drawn this out like a dark torture. You know it’s going to get painfully angst ridden but you can’t help yourself. You just, need more.

I got to the end of Part One and I didn’t even pause, I rushed straight through to Part Two! Adulting tried to get in my way but I was prepared. Tea in hand I was glued to my kindle. Compared to some
Ashlee
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don't know really what I can say about this book, it's dark it's gruesome, and it's fabulous! This us a new stand alone but interconnected series that I'm excited to be a part of. Ryker I can't figure out if I love or hate him, and Faith I'm curious to see where she goes in this series. Camilla she seems like she's going to be awesome and I can't wait to see her and Bishop in action..
Few cons though I'm very confused on the basis of the plot and hope to have more light she'd on the m
Brittany Alexander
After reading this short book, I'm left with so many questions about Ryker and Faith, and given that the next book in this series is about Camilla and Bishop, I don't know if they'll ever be answered.

It was a dark book, but I feel that it wasn't written that well. I enjoyed Natalie Bennett's book Degradation, and I somewhat enjoyed this one, but it kind of fell flat for me.

It was kind of easy to figure out who sold out Faith and her friends, so there wasn't really any mystery there. And I so w
Ally's Book Reviews (Ally Vance)
Depraved and deliriously dark. This story had me intrigued me quite quickly, Natalie has a way of drawing me into the madness she creates and not letting go.

Its a very strange story that had several layers and twists that get deeper and more unusual asnit continues. A healthy dose of blood and violence to whet my appetite for horror and it certainly had rhat element mixed with the psychological.

One part felt a little lacking but I think that was just personal preference. Overall a wicked story a
Demetra
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, e-books
3,5 stars

At the first half of the book I was so confused and didn't know what was going on! I felt like I missed somthing from the story.

This book is darker than what I have read until now. Ryker, the male lead is not someone easily redeemable. I don't believe that even after finishing the book, I could excuse and understand his actions. Faith has lost herself before in drug and alcohol. She's still lost and after she's taken, she become intrustful and more confused. She doesn't know who to bel
Saskia
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in a new series and like Natalie Bennett says in the author’s note it is a bit of a slow burn and it sets up the story for the rest of the books. It is a hard book to review and I have to be vague because a lot of things aren’t clear yet. I have no idea where this story is going to lead me.

You get a introduction to the characters and the world of Malignant. Nothing is that it seems. There are secrets within secrets. It is pretty gory at times, but there is a sense and purpose to i
Cinderella
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Devils with Halos is the beginning of Natalie Bennet's new Malignant series. And in her typical style, the story grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go. I just couldn't keep the book down! Natalie is my favorite go-to author for dark reads, and this book doesn't disappoint. The story reads like a scary movie and I was on pins and needles to know what unfortunate events befall the four friends. I loved the twists and turns and "oh fuck" moments and am eagerly awaiting for the next ones.
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Devils With Halos is the first book in the Malignant series.
This is not a romance, it is dark, gritty, twisted and full of twists and turns that you will never see coming, you and try guess what's going to happen next but ,nooo you end up being way off. This book sure keeps you on your toes. I'm giving this book 4 Stars as I felt the book needed a little more.. I wanted to know more.. overall this is another great read by Natalie Bennett
Beyond The Covers Blog
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: krysten
I love Natalie Bennet and all books that she writes what can I say she writes twist, dark books and I devour them like M&M she is such an amazing author!  Devils and Halos is one amazing book you're sucked in from page one unable to put the book down and unable to stop reading until its completely over.  I don't even know how to start or end this review except to say this if you haven't read a Natalie Bennet book you are missing out on some amazingly wicked, twist and dark stories.
Natalie Bennett is your average socially awkward author that turns her spontaneous head ramblings into stories.

She has a penchant for writing about villainous immoral men, crazed anti-heroines, and tends to deviate away from traditional HEA's.

She likes chocolate, Netflix, and Prickly Pear Margaritas.

When she isn't writing she's hanging out with her husband and their three boys.

You can find Natali