Start by marking “Tearlings skæbne (Dronningen af Tearling, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tearlings skæbne (Dronningen af Tearling, #3)

Tearlings skæbne

(The Queen of the Tearling #3)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  30,080 ratings  ·  4,414 reviews
Sidste og afsluttende bog i trilogien om dronningen af Tearling

"Nu ikke flere tårer det er tid til hævn"

Kelsea Glynn har forvandlet sig fra kejtet teenager til en magtfuld dronning og visionær leder. Men i sin kamp for at sætte en stopper for korruption og genindføre retfærdighed i kongeriget Tearling har hun fået mange fjender. Den stærkeste af dem er den onde og
Published April 26th 2018 by People'sPress (first published November 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Tearlings skæbne, please sign up.
Alicia Terrill (ReadCover2Cover) It's been delayed until 11/29/16. :(

Erika Johansen wrote the note below:

Dear Tearling fans,

I wanted to apologize personally for the delay in…more
It's been delayed until 11/29/16. :(

Erika Johansen wrote the note below:

Dear Tearling fans,

I wanted to apologize personally for the delay in publication of Book 3, The Fate of the Tearling. This delay is entirely my fault, not my publisher's or editor's. The publication schedule for the book simply proved too tight for my own creativity to match, and I felt that the original draft I turned in to meet my deadline wasn’t up to par. I am very proud of this series, and I don’t want to disappoint either myself or readers who care about this world by concluding with a weak book.

My publisher has been extremely understanding and accommodating of my request for more time, and I do believe the draft on which I am now working will meet the standard I tried to set with the first two novels. I ask for your patience as I work toward the new publication date, 11/29/16.

Thank you for your wonderful support for these books, as well as for your continued positive feedback, which has helped me every time my morale has flagged. I apologize again for the wait, but I hope the final installment will be worth it.

Best,

Erika Johansen(less)

·  30,080 ratings  ·  4,414 reviews

Start your review of Tearlings skæbne (Dronningen af Tearling, #3)
Anne
Alright, I'd put off reading this for a long time, because I kept reading review after review about some sort of a wonky ending. I loved both of the other books, and I just couldn't seem to bring myself to ruin it if Johansen decided to pull a Divergent on me, you know?
Ok, so this was the second time I'd checked the book out from the library, and I almost let it go back again...but at the 11th hour I decided to grab my nuts just go for it.

description

WHOA! I'm so glad I did! Talk about an interesting ride.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
For me, I didn't like the ending at all!

I don't even know what to say! I mean, I loved the first two books and there were parts of this book I REALLY loved. Like what went on with the Red Queen, but there wasn't much of Pen or Fetch in it. We do go back in time when Kelsea has her visions and see how it all started. That part was kind of cool.

I'm just not happy with the ending, that's all I got. I'm just not happy but I guess we can't win them all. I am glad there are many out there that loved
Tomoe Hotaru
14 Dec. '16
blog | goodreads
This book propped up the series for me. What I would otherwise consider an okay, but could've been better two-star debut trilogy is now a solid three stars.

The questions I addressed in my review of the previous two books, particularly concerning the powerful necklace: where it came from, what exactly were its powers, and why it only worked for Kelsea, where thankfully answered by the end of this book. The answers, although fairly exciting and contributive to the
Ben Alderson
Melanie
1.) The Queen of the Tearling ★★★
2.) The Invasion of the Tearling ★★★

This, I think, is the crux of evil in this world, Majesty: those who feel entitled to anything they want, anything they can grab.

I honestly feel like I don't know how I feel about this series. There is so much good in this series, and such a strong sense of feminism, which brings up a lot of important and not commonly discussed topics: the need for birth control and women to be able to protect themselves, rape culture,
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Maybe it's a 3.5 but I can't decide

I'm so so so deeply sad right now. This has been one of my all-time favorite series and I think the first two books are masterpieces, but this one just stumbled and fell on the ending. It could have ended any other way and I think I would have been happy, but this ending is one of my ultimate pet peeves in terms of fictional worlds. It frustrates me like nothing else does and I can't get over it.

The rest of this book stands up with the series. There are still
Joni Graybill
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Actually me upon finishing this book:

All those writings and quotes from the first book that foreshadowed the greatness of the Glynn Queen - the woman who saved and revitalized the world? That was bullshit?

What even was the point of this series? I've been furiously angry about the ending of books plenty of times before, but at least they were endings to the same story I started reading. This isn't even that. This is Johansen either not knowing or not caring about figuring out how to get her
Jenna Major
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: FANTASY LOVERS
I put a lot of pressure on the conclusions of series. Most readers do. Annnnnnnnd Erika Johansen did not disappoint and wove a beautiful 3rd book and ending to this series.

The Fate of the Tearling deserves 5/5 stars
The ending was a bit of a ?????? moment. I honestly did not expect that ending. There were things I wanted from the conclusion of this book that I did not get. Yet I must remind myself that the book itself was astonishing. It brought the best elements of the previous 2 books. The
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
2 stars.

Just know that I gave 5 stars to the other books of this trilogy, so:

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ERIKA JOHANSEN??????

If you follow me usually you must know by now that I always try to be constructive in my reviews. Even when I did not like a book. Fortunately it does not happen often. Either Im pretty easy to please either I choose my reads wisely, take your pick.

But right now, Im so fuming mad it will be really difficult to tame my anger and try to write something that
Bradley
Maybe it's just me or maybe the author has just gotten better and better with each installment. I had some slight issues with each one but as they came along, all my questions and concerns got resolved. Was I slightly annoyed at just how strong the young queen became, so quickly?

Maybe. But practically everything else that happened in the tale supported the conceit and all the other characters drew me in, and in the second book all those concerns went away as I was drawn into the visions of the
Anja H.
*3.5 STUPEFYING STARS*

"Hatred is easy, and lazy to boot. Its love that demands effort, love that exacts a price from each of us."

FUCK NO. I refuse to believe this!
THAT was the big revelation after 2 entire books and 400 pages of building up my anticipation?? No. Just no. I will never forgive you for this, Erika Johansen!

That entire last chapter was such a big letdown, I'm left speechless. That chapter just never should've happened, honestly. I was so prepared to give this book 5 stars after
hayden
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well, that was not what i expected.
but i loved it nonetheless.
more to come later, maybe?

DEAR WORLD:

I NEED THIS.

WHY DON'T I HAVE IT YET.

THE WORLD IS UNFAIR.

ALLLLLL THE GRABBYHANDS.

*ALL OF THEM.*
Heidi The Reader
The Fate of the Tearling ties up the series nicely. All questions of the founding of Tearling, the shadow and Mort are answered.

And we also learn all of the secrets of the Fetch. Finally! "For three long centuries... William Tear's dream sunk further and further into the mire. No one in the Tearling could even see Tear's better world any longer, let alone muster the courage to dig for it." pg 6, ebook.

The path isn't easy. Kelsea questions herself every step of the way. "Maybe we aren't capable
Elizabeth
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original Review on BitchyFantasy: https://bitchyfantasy.wordpress.com/2...

*Spoilers for the whole trilogy*

*Seriously, spoilers*

This has been the weekend of great cultural experiences. I finished The Fate of the Tearling, and I saw La La Land. I've been through an emotional roller coaster with both, so I don't know if my review will make much sense. Honestly, my reviews never make sense, but I like to imagine they are endearing. Both book and film took me to another plane of human existence, and
emi
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars, 2016, fantasy
1.5/5 Stars

The first 92% of this book was amazing. There were parts I was unsure about, but over all it was a 3, perhaps even 4 star book. Then that last chapter happened and I have NEVER been more disappointed in my entire life. That was not an ending, that was just the easy way out. I have never hated an ending more than I hate this one, and I now feel like giving it two stars is being generous. Urgh. I wish I didn't waste my time with that ending. Maybe I'll post a more detailed review later.
Nasom
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, fantasy
I'm honestly glad to finish this book. I almost DNF a lot of times because of how slow it was.

What I didnt like
- This book was very anti-climatic: First of all in terms of Kelseas father. This series made it seem like that was a major point-plot but the reveal was so underwhelming. Same with the fetch. He was made to be this hot, mysterious dangerous guy but this book did a 180 on his character. His backstory was also so underwhelming.

- One thing that motivated me to read this book was to get
Alyssa

Publication Date: November 29, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Tearling trilogy.

In less than a year, Kelsea Glynn has transformed from a gawky teenager into a powerful monarch. As she has come into her own as the Queen of the
Simona Bartolotta
Lady, if you dont wake up, Im going to have you baptized.

In spite of the love I bear to the first two installments in this series, I almost didnt read this book. Right after finishing the second one, I (voluntarily) got myself a spoiler of the ending and didnt like it at all; and so, a story I used to love acquired kind of a sour taste. But as the bitterness went away, my adoration for this world remained ultimately untouched, and now here I am.
I am so glad I didnt give up.

I will always think
Ashley Marsh
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2017
Shannon (leaninglights)
Would you expect any less? Wow.
Sean Smart
I loved the series but the ending seemed like an anti climax after such a big build up
Lily Ewing
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book doesn't even have a title yet but I know it will outshine the two before it... It will be amazing !!!
Cesar
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult

WARNING: This review will contain spoilers. If you have not read The Fate of the Tearling, do not read this review. You have been warned.

Deus Ex Machina.
deus ex machina
dāəs ˌeks ˈmäkənə,ˌdāəs ˌeks ˈmäakənə/
*an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.
* The Fate of the Tearling.

description

When you start a series, you are first introduced to the world and the main problem our protagonist is facing. By the end of the
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
The series is worth reading & my heart aches at the ending, but I am content now but i wasn't sure initially about how the story line wrapped up. The writing is clear even if the plot isn't always straightforward but all in all i loved it.
Cherie
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first 92% of this was an amazing 5 star read. After that, it felt like the author took the easy way out. I have never been more disappointed in an ending in my life. I have invested my time in over 1,500 pages of this trilogy, and loved these characters, for the author to abruptly throw it all away with the worst ending I have ever read.
Tegan
This one GIF sums up everything I'm feeling about this novel...

10/28/15: There's a title! AND a synopsis!!!
Suzanne
It wasn't bad but had a different feel to it than book one and two. I really loved book one. It was so awesome. Book two was good also and added new characters that were great to read about but this one added more new characters (which was not an issue) and just took a different turn than most would expect. The ending was alright but not as great as I expected after falling in love with book one.

Overall, it was an intriguing trilogy with some incredible world building and fascinating
Misstdennis
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EDIT: 8 February 2018
It's been 5 fucking day's and i'm still thinking about this book!!
My god, someone save me.

4/5 stars

Can you hear that? Its the sound of my heart being ripped from my chest...

If you want to feel pain so great you feel like youre going to crumble into tiny fragments, just read this series.

The butterfly effect deals in the tendency of infinitesimal variations to amplify over time. ""You never play around with history, because the change you thought you were making for the
bridget
Minni Mouse
That. Fuh-lipping. Ending. That style of ending just so happens to tap into one of my biggest personal pet peeves with storytelling tactics.

THE GOOD
1) This book is the definition of "broken" and "flawed" characters. Every one. Buh-roken and flawed.

2) Phenomeal writing. Strongly disagree with it being shelved or marketed as Young Adult because there is a heckuva lot of violence and language and mature themes...but boy, oh boy, was it terrifically mature writing.

3) Fantastic maturation of our

• The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Spinning Silver
  • The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2)
  • The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
  • A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)

The Queen of the Tearling (3 books)
  • The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)
  • The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Big characters can come in small packages. Come of age (once again) with these recs from The Fate of the Tearling author.
“These people are so damned proud of their hatred! Hatred is easy, and lazy to boot. It’s love that demands effort, love that exacts a price from each of us. Love costs; this is its value.” 54 likes
“Christ, let's go."