Start by marking “Queerly Loving (Queerly Loving, #1)” as Want to Read:
Queerly Loving (Queerly Loving, #1)

Queerly Loving

(Queerly Loving #1)

Queer characters getting their happy endings abound in this first book of a two-part collection. Discover pages upon pages of compelling stories about aromantic warriors, trans sorceresses, and modern-day LGBTQA+ quirky characters. Friendship, platonic love, and poly triads are all celebrated.

Lose yourself in masterfully woven tales wrapped in fantasy and magic, delve into
Kindle Edition, 1, 166 pages
Published November 22nd 2017 by Queer Pack

To ask other readers questions about Queerly Loving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queerly Loving

Start your review of Queerly Loving (Queerly Loving, #1)
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Review Update.
Review also on my blog

Miss me with that gay shit By Sacha Lamb
TW: None.
Rep: Trans Boy MC, Queer side character, POC MC, POC side characters, Muslim & Jewish characters, m/m romance.

This was a sweet story about a trans boy named Elijah and his on crush on Nik. A guy he doesn’t want to be crushing on. I really enjoyed this story and it was a perfect start to the novel. Elijah was a funny MC and I loved the relationship he had with his twin sister, who also had a girlfriend.

4/5 Sta
Tara
Queerly Loving (Volume 1) is a short story collection that gives happy endings to a range of LGBTQA+ characters, by authors who themselves are from across the LGBTQA+ spectrum. The nine stories are so varied in style and content that there is sure to be something for everyone. Want to read a fluffy contemporary YA story with a Jewish trans boy and his crush? It’s in there and it’s called “Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don’t)” by Sacha Lamb. How about a science fiction story with lesbians, n ...more
Shira Glassman
Oct 23, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can't review since I'm in it, but I wanted you to know HOW AMAZING Sacha Lamb's story is!!!! ...more
Alex
Read on my blog.

Number of stories: 9
LGBQAI+: Every story has LGBTQAI+ main characters of various orientations, including trans women, gay trans men, aromantic partners, nonbinary characters, etc.
Sex on page: Yes, in certain stories

I knew this anthology couldn’t be bad when it started with Sacha Lamb, and I was right. I ended up loving every single story except one (more on that below) and I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this anthology. I loved the diverse identities and even ge
blauschrift
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have never read a story that covers ace people and there are more "i have never read ..." phrases I could drop about "QUEERLY LOVING" all of which made me very happy to now have had.

Since it is a collection of very varied writers there were two stories I skipped that did not work for me. BUT the three I loved most need to be mentioned here: "Miss me with that gay shit" >> tonality, humour and light-heartedness, Sacha Lamb - you rock! "Dragons Do Not" >> a protagonist getting the gender + pron
Carlotta
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stories as diverse as cover suggests

The stories in this collection are as diverse as the cover, which I absolutely love, promises. And, unlike many recent TV shows with queer representation, all the stories do the queer (and non-queer) characters justice, and not just kill them off.
I am usually not a big fan of reading anthologies as I prefer full-length novels that go a bit ‘deeper’ than short stories, but I loved this collection. The stories cover such a wide range of queer identities and top
BadassCmd
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer, ylva-books
This anthology is really something I haven't read like this before. It's special.

It contains a bunch of stories that are very different from another.
You have magic and dragons, you have teen crushes, you have veteran pilots, you have knighthood.
The characters represent many different identities of the queer spectrum - which I already really love - but they are also diverse in backround and religion and age and ability.
And of course, I appreciate feeling like everyone can get their happy ending.

T
Aleksandra
mathematically calculated rating: 3.66

This was a good anthology, featuring great variety of different genres and different characters. I appreciated that so many stories had trans characters, there are aromantic characters and polyamorous characters. In my experience, too many queer/lgbtq+ anthologies tend to center around cis white gay men, so the variety is much appreciated.

However, I made a mistake of picking this book to read at the end of the year. I feel this restlessness every time in lat
Cameron Sant
I did yet another unbiased-but-actually-biased livetweet review! Here it is, pasted in its glory:

"MISS ME WITH THAT GAY SHIT (PLEASE DON'T)" by Sacha Lamb

"FIRST LIGHT AT DAWN" by Nyri Bakkalian
15 bagels/10 Air Force helicopters

"DRAG
Lexxi Kitty
Another short story collection begun, will I finish this one?

This is a collection I bought, for free, then started reading without stopping first to see what it was about. I expected, at the very least, that the stories would be LGBT related. I didn't read enough of the first to tell if it was - I read enough to see a young woman commenting, seemingly with arousal, about how her male friend was just so gosh darn handsome now. Once I read that I skipped to the next story. To encounter . . . grap
L ✨
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqiap
I bought this book on a whim thinking it was a comic anthology so you can see how prepared I was. All I wanted was to read something quickly and queer and that exactly what Queer Loving was. It was good but I feel like it could have explored different identities and a different way (the trope of the LI being mistaken for a woman/man to show that they were either a butch woman or a trans person was used a lot in my opinion, and not always well)

_____

1. Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don't)
Ceillie Simkiss
This was a pretty good anthology! The inclusion of a screenplay style story threw me off a little, but otherwise, it was very enjoyable!
Jan
Hunt and Peck by Teresa Theophano 5 stars

Dragons Do Not by Evelyn Deshane 5 stars
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
(3.5 stars — that the average of all the ratings of each story) So many good stories in here! A few duds too, but overall this is probably the second-best collection/anthology I've read this year, only after The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic.

I loved Sacha Lamb's story Miss Me With That Gay Shit, with its fresh and original romance and perfect ratio of #relatable to adorable (not mention Jewish characters! It's so well written). Other favorites were First Light at Dawn by
Dannica Zulestin
As often occurs with anthologies, my feelings were kind of medium. Some stories I really liked, some I thought were boring and skimmed. Here were my favorites:

"Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don't)" by Sacha Lamb
Transgender gay dude and cisgender gay dude, both Jewish, both I believe high-schoolers. Simple story of shenanigans and "does he like me or not?" Enjoyable.

"Hunt and Peck" by Teresa Theophano
Fairly femme bisexual girl and pretty butch lesbian meet through a typewriting competition a
Kronda
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer-fiction
Queerly Loving Vol 1 had all of the feel-good happy ending romance that is easy to find when you're looking for cisgender heterosexual heroes, but is harder to find when it comes to queer representation. When I finished this book, I flipped to the back to find the twitter info for most of the authors, because I felt like these were voices I would want in my life wherever possible.
The last story is my favorite, with all its genderqueer/nonbinary goodness, but all of them are treats. Pick this up
Nina
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Enjoyable anthology of queer fiction. I absolutely loved Evelyn Deshane's story "Dragons Do Not" and A.P. Raymond's "A Gallant Rescue". ...more
Diana
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastically varied and diverse collection. Further notes here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/quick-p... ...more
Lisa
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
An anthology including a wide variety of LGBT+ characters, relationships and genres. I really enjoyed it and it definitely deserves a spot on my “Fav anthologies” list.

Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don’t) By Sacha Lamb
Representation: jewish trans man MC, mlm jewish LI, wlw jewish SC
TW: none
Rating: 4/5 Stars
I really enjoyed this story. It is a short contemporary story about a young trans guy who just recently meet a childhood acquaintance Nick at the GSA of his school again. Unsure of wheth
Amy Aelleah
Once I got over my kneejerk reaction to the title (because while I'm glad some in the LGBT+ community are reclaiming the word, I grew up with a father that used it derogatorily and…pretty sure I'd have a major issue using the word even in a good way) I decided I had to get this book. I mean, I was already kind of in love with that bright, almost comic-esque, cover.

Miss Me with that Gay Shit (Please Don't) by Sacha Lamb

This story is silly. It just is. It's a little contemporary high school tale
Nick
I got this for free on Amazon (God bless free ebooks), and read it surprisingly quickly, even though I usually have a little of a hard time with anthologies. (By the time I get the hang of the world, the story's ending already. Also, more often than not I just want MORE. WHICH I DON'T GET. WHICH IS FRUSTRATING.)

I'm not gonna go into detail about each and every story; I'll just mention my ratings and the identities the stories represent:

'Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don't)' by Sacha Lamb
H. Bentham
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has got to be my QUEEREST read during Pride month 2018 and it was amazing! Firstly, all the stories end happily! ❤️❤️❤️ Secondly, the stories are as diverse as the characters’ representation! Some of them I haven’t found on paper before this! 🏳️‍🌈

Idk where exactly to start with the review here but I love everything about this. Okay, maybe not ~everything, bec there’s one there that was too heavy for my taste. Then again, you can’t present a true and in-depth queer experience without d
Annie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. It is quite literally diversity put into writing. You don't only get to read fresh authors, perspectives and characters but can also experience diverse ways of storytelling. There is something in here for everyone. Out of these nine short stories my favourite was "First Light at Dawn" by Nyri Bakkalian. This story is told in the form of an E-Mail answer from a transwoman veteran called Kate to a friend she hasn't spoken to in years.
But seeing, that this book is only par
Elna Holst
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet, crazy, tender, multifaceted collection of nine queer short stories, representing various denizens along the lgbtqia+ spectrum. My two favourites are Sacha Lamb’s Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don’t) and Teresa Theophano’s Hunt and Peck, both of which I’ll be revisiting whenever I’m in need of a gay pick-me-up (who isn’t these days?). All of the stories are faultlessly edited and well-written, however, even if not each and every one resonated with me personally. A solid ...more
Max
A fantastically diverse collection of queer love stories, including fantasy worlds, contemporary romances, and Solarpunk settings and protagonists of identities across the I'm tells/marquee of queer identities and orientations. I especially enjoyed Birthday Landscapes, a story about a disabled aromantic warrior who comes home to celebrate his children's birthday, and First Light at Dawn, a lesbian love story about a trans lady pilot and a librarian. The only shortcoming (pun fully intended) is t ...more
Ottilee B.
In the first story I felt WAY too far in left field ("Miss Me With That Gay Shit (Please Don't)" by Sacha Lamb) but I really enjoyed "First Light at Dawn" by Nyri Bakkalian. "Dawn" was written as a letter, telling about a trans pilot in the armed forces to her friend, a civilian. It was deeply moving.

This may not have the stars it should but it was diverse: gay teens, trans soldiers.

Jay Bracknell
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute collection of queer HEAs with something for everyone - there’s an 80s typing contest romance, a dragons as support animals fantasy, and an aromatic older couple raising kids in a land of war and magic. Would be a great addition for anyone’s shelf but especially librarians or book shop buyers wanting to stock genre defying queer stories.
Mashiara
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia
as it is with short story collections, there are some that capture you more than others. what I really enjoyed in the overall collection, though, is that this is a true collection of queer stories, not just lesbian and gay ones. as such, this collection is a bright and shiny jewel.
Riska Sleepless
I think the first three stories and the one with the dragons were my favourites but I liked all of the stories
Bonnie
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a few short stories in here I enjoyed, but quite a few I found quite difficult to relate to.

• The Legend of Wonder Woman Vol. 1: Origins
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
  • The Undocumented Americans
  • Glass Lions
  • Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8)
  • Chaotic (Otherworld Stories, #5.2)
  • Devoted: 38 Extraordinary Tales of Love, Loyalty, and Life With Dogs
  • The Vanished Birds
  • Brown Girl in the Ring
  • La Vida Verde: Plant-Based Mexican Cooking with Authentic Flavor
  • Blood Is Another Word for Hunger
  • Queers Who Don't Quit
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • Little & Lion
  • Stake Sauce, Arc 1: The Secret Ingredient Is Love. No, Really (Stake Sauce, #1)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • No More Heroes (No More Heroes, #1)

Queerly Loving (2 books)
  • Queerly Loving (Queerly Loving, #2)

News & Interviews