Start by marking “The Sally Ride Chronicle (A Syndicate-born Trilogy Prequel)” as Want to Read:
The Sally Ride Chronicle (A Syndicate-born Trilogy Prequel)

The Sally Ride Chronicle (A Syndicate-born Trilogy Prequel)

The Syndicate doesn’t believe in divorce, but murder is another story.

Sally wants out—out of her marriage, out of the mob, out of Ocean City. An impossible dream. That is until the MDNA, a secret hacktivist group, invites her to join the ranks of their rebellion. The goal? Take down the criminal empire.
She’s no Jane Bond, but no one in her town suspects the quiet church-g
ebook
Published December 2017 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Sally Ride Chronicle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sally Ride Chronicle

Gloria DeGeare
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first met Sally Ride, she is the wife of a years long abusive husband with strong ties to The Syndicate, making leaving him dangerous if not a death sentence. One of Sally's dalliances with Alex Bailey nearly gets them both killed. She joins her friend in spying on illegal actions of The Syndicate, with a mission of taking them down, one at a time. Their dangerous plans put Sally and Alex together in soul mate (?), lustful positions, making me root for her to be with him, and in harms way ...more
Diane
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review. This was an excellent telling of Sally's story. Now you know why she is the way she is. K. M. Hodges did an excellent job showing what it was like to be a wife of a mobster. She went from a timid nobody to someone who was a force to be dealt with. You find out why she married Billy and stayed with him for so long. How she brought up her son and fought the syndicate. A very good read and I would recommend it to everyone who loves consp ...more
Bev
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Can Sally, a mild mannered, church going mother take down the Mob? Doesn't seem do-able. Once Sally and the mob's defensive attorney meet, well then things seem to be going more Sally's way.....or does it? Can Sally get the job done? You will need to read this page-turner book to find out. I received ARC of this book.
Hope Gerhardstein
Wow! What a ride! The Sally Ride Chronicle certainly does take you for a wild ride. KM Hodge does a great job with this prequel to the Syndicate-Born Trilogy. Fast paced action, danger and thrills with a little romance will keep you wanting more. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.
Amanda Williams
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful and thrilling. This book was a huge page turner and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The Sally Ride Chronicle (Book 4) - a review by Rosemary Kenny

J Young
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spine-tingling suspense!

K.M. Hodge does a masterful job of in this spine-tingling crime thriller. This is the first book I have read in this series and now I want to read the others and see what I have missed. It’s fast-paced with just enough romance and steam to let you catch your breath from the action once in awhile!

Alex is a CIA agent with a sexual addiction that has caused problems with his career and right now seems focused on Sally. Sally is looking for something in her personal life besi
Goodlittlewitch
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
DISCLOSURE: I was provided an advance reader copy of the ebook in exchange for my honest review.

First, I have been remiss. I finished this book very shortly before the release date and haven't put my butt in a chair to review it since. This, however, has NOTHING to do with the quality of this novel or how much I enjoyed it.

Sally Ride is my favorite character in this series and I was hoping that the author would give us more about her. She's flawed. She's feisty (sometimes). She's loyal to thos
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of murder-mysteries and psychological thrillers
The Sally Ride Chronicle (Prequel) - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Sally Ride has a very unhappy marriage in which her abusive husband Billy works for the Mob
and has violent mood swings according to how much he gets paid and can then spend on booze.
If insufficient, Sally's on the receiving ends of his tongue and frequently his fists.
When detective Alex comes onto the scene, Sally gives into temptation and they consummate their love with Sally's pregnancy only being impossible to hide by the time he'
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a ride!! This book is filled with suspense, love, hate, corruption and most of all...determination. Sally is married to a very abusive man. When she is approached by her best friend Jude about her helping to bring down the syndicate, she hesitates,but after her husband beats her yet again,she agrees to help. Hubby Billy works for the mob as a muscle..eliminating who ever the boss tells him to so Sally needs to be very careful. Her relationship with a man from her past Alex complicates t ...more
Jen Mello
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down! This book is another huge hit for K.M. Hodge! What a page turner! Did "True Blue Son" leave you with questions? You will get some insight here. There is intrigue, corruption, love, hate, determination and redemption! I was astonished at the things Sally endured and put up with in the beginning of the book. (no spoilers from me) To see her life unfold and the Sally we come to know evolve was incredible! The book is written with such description and emotion that you will fe ...more
Denise Van plew
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If looking for something to consume you look no further. I delight in down to earth good written mystery filled with drama and clap with glee when I open one up. Sally is no ordinary character she has lots going on. She will grab ahold of you right away thanks to her predicament she lives. When the door opens you want her to run through it with resisting the urge to push her through it to alter her present. Once she does things go fast from there so keep up with her. You are right behind her eve ...more
Diane
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lois Welsh
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finished this book-

In one place it says that this is a Prequel and in another place it says that this book is #4.

I like Sally's friends, do not like the situation she is in.

I was uncomfortable with the adult situations in the book (I just thought there was to many) but then I figured that it did fit into the story. Even saying that I could not put the book down.

I wanted to see what happened next.
Anne Blyth
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first look into this series so I don’t have the advantage of having read the previous books. It took me a few chapters to begin to grasp what was happening but then I really got into it. The book deals with the seedy side of town and the criminal element, domestic violence and addiction. All heavy topics but handled very well by the author. It makes for a very interesting read that will be enjoyed by readers who like a few thrills and danger to liven things up.
Alice
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now we know why Sally is like she is! She is one tough chick who knows what she wants and how to get it....almost. If you leave her domestic life out of the equation, she is one lady who goes after the wrong things to make them right. My guess is that she became a tough lady because of domestic abuse. I imagine that changes everything.
The story is exceptional but the language is horrendous! If you can get past it, you will love this book and the previous three books in this series.
Louise Hathaway
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very suspenseful. I enjoyed reading this story and felt empathy for the main character as she dealt with an abusive husband and fought the love she felt for another man. She was very brave when she tried to bring down the mob with her friend and certainly took some chances that I'd never make. She was determined to keep her son safe and made sacrifices for him. All and all a good read.
Rita
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely! It has lots of action and killing. The main characters are so interesting and have some unique relationships which makes the story even better. The plot is great. I am hooked on the writings from this author and will be looking into more of her works. I am glad to have read this book.
Renee Arthur
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This prequel is the first of the series that I've read and I'm really looking forward to reading more. The main character has an abusive husband that works for the mob. After having a son, she she becomes much stronger and has an offer to help stop the mob. Add a well written plot and you've got one great book! KM Hodge is one of my new favorite authors.
Deb Le
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing read. It's fast paced, well written and constructed. I couldn't put it down. I'd already encountered some of the characters in another novel, but here they become even more developed. Sally is a star, but Jude has to be my personal favourite. I loved this story.
Jen
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Giving us some insight on the characters of her Syndicate Born trilogy, this novel was another thrilling ride by K.M. Hodge. With great flow and character interaction, this was a page turner from beginning to end. Can’t wait for more from this author!
Sammye
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this arc in exchange for an honest review. This is a great series. This book is full of drama and excitement. Sally Ride is a force to be reckoned with!!! Loved it. Very entertaining.
Lamar
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2018)!💝

Blurb:
The Syndicate doesn’t believe in divorce, but murder is another story.

She’s no Jane Bond, but no one in her town suspects the quiet church-going mom is a threat, especially The Syndicate’s criminal defense attorney, Michael D
Karissa Laurel
Sue
C.L.
E.D. Martin
K.M. Hodge
Nov 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2017
Nancy Luebke
Jan 11, 2018
Lara
Jan 22, 2018
USA Today Bestselling author, KM Hodge is a stay-at-home mom of two energetic little boys and a part time fundraiser for a local food pantry. She enjoys playing board games, reading suspense novels and binge watching Marvel shows on Netflix.