Start by marking “Jurassic Florida (One Size Eats All #1)” as Want to Read:
Jurassic Florida (One Size Eats All #1)

Jurassic Florida

(One Size Eats All #1)

FLORIDA. IT’S WHERE YOU GO TO DIE.
Welcome to Polo Springs, a sleepy little town on Florida’s Gulf Coast. It’s a great place to live—if you don’t mind the hurricanes. Or the flooding. Or the unusual wildlife . . .

IGUANAS. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE.
Maybe it’s the weather. But the whole town is overrun with the little green bastards this year. They’re causing a lot of damage.
Kindle Edition
Published June 19th 2018 by Lyrical Underground

Dan Schwent
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-books, 2018
Polo Springs, Florida, already beset by a hurricane, is overrun by iguanas! Will anyone survive?

Hunter Shea is one of my favorite authors so this one was a no-brainer when I saw it on Netgalley. If it wasn't so short, I probably wouldn't have finished it.

It may be that I've read too many Hunter Shea books or I'm suffering from creature feature fatigue but I was pretty underwhelmed by this one. The first thing that made me roll my eyes was the mayor, an eighteen year old girl. I'm sure there are
Char
The quiet town of Polo Springs, Florida, (It's where you go to die!), is about to suffer from an invasion the likes of which it has never seen. Hurricanes? No problem! Climate change? No worries! Giant Iguanas? What the..what???

That's right, lizards! At first they're cute and remind you of those television commercials. Then, they seem to be larger than your average geckos. Then, they seem like they must be on steroids or something. And then? Then, they are bigger than your car and threatening t
Carol
Polo Springs, Florida....population 317 human. Little green iguanas....a zillion.

Newly elected Mayor Anna Hickok is only 18 and has her hands full with numerous complaints about lizards, but they'll be dealt with later....after everyone battens down for Hurricane Ramona.

Poor homeless Frank, hungry, tired, filthy....and on the run from New York has no place to go or hide so he roams the town....and sewers....getting into trouble while cracking wise along the way. As the weather turns volatile a

Juli
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love B-movies...especially monster flicks. Godzilla, The Blob, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Sharknado......any cheesy movie with a deadly beastie in it, and I'm willing to watch. I think this applies to books as well because the minute I saw the title and cover art for this book, I put in a review request immediately. Giant lizards. Awesome!

The basics: Green iguanas begin popping up out of holes in Polo Springs, FL. The lizard problem is really starting to annoy the residents of the little
Trish
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know those old monster b-movies from the 80s and 90s with giant crocodiles, snakes, spiders and whatnot? Hunter Shea writes stories in exactly that vein.

Ever been to Florida? Supposedly, it's where people go to die. And it has never been more true than during hurricane season or in this book. *lol*
An oil spill and massive quakes from an environmentalist group's terror attack stir something deep underground, plunging what must be one of the smallest towns ever into turmoil.

A hurricane cutting
Marie
All I can say is Wow as this was a great book and it is loaded with so much action, I thought I was in the middle of a movie!

Small town of Polo Springs, Florida, have endured all kinds of things together. When an oil rig out in the Gulf of Mexico is shut down from some earth eco activists, the town of Polo Springs becomes a sight seeing place for little green lizards. Not just a few lizards, but a plague of lizards that start spewing up from the earth itself.

The citizens of the town try to get
Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jurassic, Florida by Hunter Shea is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. It is a hoot! I can picture this as the next hot B movie like Sharnado or Tremors! It has suspense but just enough silliness to be fun. I loved it! Action, adventure, lizards everywhere! A good brain break to enjoy a good dino/horror book, yeah, it works for me! LOL
Kimberly
4.5 stars.

JURASSIC, FLORIDA, is Hunter Shea's latest "creature-feature" novella with a Nature-Gone-Wrong theme. If you're looking for a unique animal turned homicidal, with plenty of non-stop action and gory scenes, then this story has you covered!

"FLORIDA. IT'S WHERE YOU GO TO DIE."

In the small town of Polo Springs, on Florida's Gulf Coast--population just over 300--things are going wrong all at once. After an oil-rig disaster launched by a group ironically claiming to want to "save the earth
Bradley
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-shelf, sci-fi, horror
One thing you ought to know: If you're interested in this kind of book, you're probably a twisted little creature, yourself.

MONSTER MOVIE MADNESS!!!

Rules:

Don't get attached to anyone. They're probably going to become lizard chow.

Outrageous character setups. If you're not peeved at the characters for one reason or another, you're not paying attention. They're soon about to become lizard chow.

You must love blood, guts, conflagrations, oil slicks, and hungry iguanas.

Welcome to Florida -- the place
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I devoured this book in one day (pun intended) and had tons of fun while doing it. Shea has a way with creatures and someone in Hollywood, pay attention and option some of these for movies. Especially summer creature-features!

So the town of Polo Springs has a problem and while they initially just think they are being overrun by small lizards, they soon learn they have a giant problem- a giant iguana problem. Add to it a hurricane on the way and a pretty competent 18 year-year-old mayor trying t
Michael Hicks
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, horror
Hands-down, Hunter Shea is one of the most consistently entertaining horror authors I've come across. I can always count on the man to deliver some truly fun, B-movie pulp in print form, and Jurassic, Florida is no exception. Dig it:

After an act of eco-terrorism against an off-shore oil rig large enough to rock the Richter scale, the residents of Polo Springs begin to notice a sudden increase in lizard activity. Sidewalks are cracking apart, giant holes are appearing in the ground, and iguanas a
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Did you know you needed to read about man-eating gigantic iguanas? I have to admit, I hadn't really thought of them when I thought of creature features. However, when a fellow reviewer turned me on to Jurassic, Florida, and I saw the cover, I knew I had to read it. The fact that it was just under 125 pages? Pure bonus.

As I've come to expect, Hunter Shea delivers the chomp'n'stomp in epic fashion. Almost all of the residents of this tiny little town are going to die. You know that just from the c
Irene
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
When I saw this cover and read the description I was hoping it would be along the lines of Hunter Shea's Mail Order Massacre trilogy. (which I loved) This one was just not as fun for me. Even though I just this minute finished reading it I can not even remember the name of a single character. I think of them as the old man, the teenage mayor, the family, and the gardening lesbian couple. This was just an ok read for me. It lacked the humor and the terror I was expecting.
3 out of 5 stars

I receive
Autumn Is Azathoth
Review: JURASSIC FLORIDA by Hunter Shea

NOBODY handles Cryptozoology Horror like Hunter Shea. This man has an encompassing imagination and a jolly sense of humor in the face of danger. He can make you drop every nano-ounce of disbelief, make you incinerate your skeptic suit, and toss you whole-hog into the midst of inescapable terror--and love it.

On Florida's lower Gulf Coast, a tiny community braces for a before-season hurricane. No surprise there. But a few months earlier, an eco-terrorist atta
Elizabeth
book synopsis

IGUANAS. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE.
OutlawPoet
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here’s the thing about Hunter Shea’s books… You can tell that he’s having as much fun writing them as you are reading them.

From the very first page, you’re having fun. Absolutely ridiculous things are happening and things are getting chompy.

Shea gives us a fun group of characters as well. Just don’t fall in love with them too much because, well, chompy things happen and there’s blood and body parts and screaming and yelling and…you get the picture.

I didn’t completely love the solution to everyth
Dez Nemec
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ng-2018, 2018, horror
I requested to review this book without reading the description. All I had to see was Hunter Shea's name. I can't help it - I have liked everything I've read by him.

Polo Springs, Florida, is a quiet town with people who generally keep to themselves. Problem is, they are having an infestation problem. Only instead of rats or roaches or termites, the problem is lizards - those cute little lizards that seem to run rampant all over the southeast US. However these lizards are coming out in droves, en
Ken McKinley
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, horror
Let me start this review off by saying that I'm a big fan of Hunter Shea. The guy has made his bread and butter by putting out high-quality creature features. With the amount of work this guy has published in the last few years, even Rembrandt has to stumble once in a while. Jurassic, Florida feels like Hunter's misstep. The writing is good. The characters are decent. The content was the problem for me. In a quasi-homage to Jurassic Park and Godzilla B-movies, JF comes off as hokie. The story fe ...more
Sherry Fundin
Woo Hoo, another creature feature, Jurassic Florida by Hunter Shea. I love his horror stories and to see that fabulous cover and know there’s gonna be some munching going on makes me eager to begin.

Humans: They’re what’s for dinner.

And it’s all you can eat...

With a start like that, I don’t think Hunter Shea can go wrong. If you could see me now, all you would see is my teeth, because my smile is so wide….

So…let’s travel to sunny Florida, my neck of the woods. I see a lot of lizards hanging a
Amanda
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I love a creature feature. But not all creature features are created equal. However I am more than happy to report that this is a rip roaring, green iguana stomping explosive ride.

This book isn’t going to lead you to thoughtful contemplation. But sometimes you just want gory fun. If that’s what you are looking for then Jurassic, Florida is the book for you. If you love tremors then I can guarantee that you will love this book.

Please note I received this book for an honest review. All thoughts
David
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Another fun read by the king of monsters. It's a quick one people! My full review can be read here ---> https://wp.me/p5t5Tf-1x3
julianne
I received a copy of this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

FLORIDA. IT’S WHERE YOU GO TO DIE.

I do like me a creature feature movie or book, the cheesier the better.

I loved the cover art, it reminded me of a B-movie poster.

The book itself is a short, easy read requiring very little brainpower
Frank
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hunter Shea's JURASSIC FLORIDA is a flat out giant monster story. Im talking 25 foot giant Iguanas (and hordes of their normal sized friends). Thats it. Its a giant monster book. And it's bad ass.

This is Shea doing what he does best, playing with monsters. I dont believe there is any sub text here. The iguanas arent a metaphore for the human condition. He just writes flat out, character driven monster stories.

This is the second Hunter Shea book I've read. I get the brand now. I will definitly b
Ed
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book from this author. An excellent application of the law of unintended consequences. A group of eco-warriors commit and act of terror on an oil platform, creating a huge problem in the form of green iguanas for the small town of Polo, Florida. Thousands of green iguanas - no real problem until the grown-ups that birthed the thousands show up. As one part of the book says looking like "Godzilla on four legs".
A quick and easy read.
Kirsten Tattersall
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was an incredibly fast read. It didn't have much of a plot and was just action scene after action scene so if that's your thing this book is definitely for you.
This read just like a classic monster movie, with giant lizards killing everything in sight. There was quite a bit of gore, but it wasn't unbearable. It was a delight, although Frank, one of the POV characters was really annoying to read. I didn't like him at all.
Travis
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from netgalley for a honest review*

First of let me start by saying this was my first Hunter Shea book, and second off let me say, I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I love killer animal books and I especially appreciate when the author does not go to deep into the story and just gives me action and gore which is exactly what Shea did! There were some elements that kept this from being a 5 Stars for me that I couldn’t get passed but other than those minor
Bob
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dinosaurs, horror
Jurassic Florida is pure b-grade schlock horror, with an eclectic cast of characters, breakneck action, well-timed humor, and giant freakin' lizards.

Not just big, not just massive, but dinosaur-sized giant lizard!

Although I enjoyed The Montauk Monster, it is only now that I understand why Hunter Shea has such a rabid fan base. This was monstrous fun, a riot from beginning to end. At a little more than 100 pages, it's the perfect read for a sweltering summer afternoon - so long as it's far away f
Catherine Cavendish
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hunter Shea delivers hugely enjoyable horror with a smile on its face. Mind you, with iguanas this size, they would eat that smile right off and come back for seconds.

Polo Springs, Florida is suddenly invaded by an outpouring of lizards. At first, the rather sweet kind - the sort that come and visit you on your veranda. No harm to anyone except we are not talking about the odd one or two, we are talking invasion proportions and the problem is these are only babies. When their much bigger - and m
✨The Reading
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightfully cheesy!
The state of Florida is being overrun with green iguanas. But these aren't just any green iguanas. Definitely not the pets that you would buy at the pet store. These are aggressive. Not to mention BIG! Will anyone make it out of this mess alive?
Hahaha I loved this book! Classic B-rate horror at its best. The author writes in a very to the point manner so the story is extremely easy to follow. Even though you are following through several different point of views. Like a monst
Joyce
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3 and 1 / 2 stars

Polo Springs, Florida with a population of 317 and has an eighteen-year old woman for a mayor. They also have a big iguana problem. Most don’t worry about the iguanas, for they are common and harmless. Right? Some blame the plethora of iguanas on the terrorist-caused oil spill, others are not so sure. With another major hurricane on the way, the town’s residents are nervous.

Hurricane Ramona has come to town and it is far worse than predicted. As the storm rages on, giant dinosa
« previous 1 3 next »

• They Feed
  • Human No Longer
  • Origins (To Each His Ghost, #0.5)
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • Found (Heart Search #2)
  • White
  • Onyx Webb: Book Three: Episodes 7, 8, 9
  • Dead Girl Blues
  • Northwoods
  • Dark Curtains
  • Monsterland
  • The Nightmare Room (The Messy Man, #1)
  • Little Dead Red
  • Gypsy Blood
  •  Kutter
  • The Devil's Walk
  • Frostwalker
Hunter Shea is the author of over 25 books, with a specialization in cryptozoological horror that includes The Jersey Devil, The Dover Demon, Loch Ness Revenge and many others. As part of the new horror line at Flame Tree Press, his novel Creature has gained critical acclaim. His novel, The Montauk Monster, was named one of the best reads of the summer by Publishers Weekly. A trip to the Internati ...more

One Size Eats All (3 books)
  • Rattus New Yorkus (One Size Eats All #2)
  • The Devil's Fingers (One Size Eats All #3)