Start by marking “Holly (Orphan Brides Go West #4)” as Want to Read:
Holly (Orphan Brides Go West #4)

Holly

(Orphan Brides Go West #4)

Orphaned as a girl, and now a widow with five children to feed, Holly leans on her sister and brother-in-law for support. But when her sister’s husband turns them out, she’s overcome by despair. With nowhere to turn and no one to help them, she discovers an advertisement for a Mail Order Bride in the local newspaper.

After suffering an injury while working on his ranch, Ku
Published November 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Holly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holly

Melissa
Well that was interesting.....I really need to stop trying to find well written mail order bride books it looks like its just not possible. The writing was not horrible on this one and it started out well. I just have an issue with a romance novel where the two main interest hardly interact and there is very little romance. There was also one flash back in the book to her childhood that left on a cliff hanger. I waited the whole book to for her to go back to her past and make a point of what tha ...more
M.A. Nichols
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a really weak romance, and frankly, I'm surprised that it has so many good reviews. It wasn't bad, but there really isn't any romance in it. The couple don't even meet until a third of the way through the story, then they spend the rest of it avoiding each other. I can't think of a single scene where they interacted in any meaningful way -- other than the final romance scene where they declare their love. They never talk to each other or than a couple short and bland conversations. They ...more
Kanyon
What a beautiful and wonderful story. Mail Order Bride: Holly is a clean western historical romance set in 1874. I really enjoyed reading Holly and Kurt’s story. They come from two different backgrounds and each have a problem they need to address. When they come together they are nervous and afraid, not to mention Kurt is surprise Holly has five children! The moments they share together throughout the story are sweet, funny and have such an impact that they brought a wave of emotions through me ...more
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A heartwarming and sweet love story!

Mail Order Bride: Holly is another sweet Christian romance in the Orphan Brides Go West Series. A unique and captivating story with romance and a happy-ending that we all have come to expect. This is a story that I had a hard time putting down. It was such a unique and captivating story. The characters are well developed and engaging. I really like that Vivi Holt creates characters with flaws. It makes it easier to connect with the characters throughout and fe
Lillian Cummings
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What choice do you have? Holly & her five children need to find a new home she understands why she has to leave her sister's home but where does she go? After her husband died she had no where to go and now she is in that same place again. So when she sees an ad for a mail order she takes a chance. Kurt knows that he will need to find a bride and now is the time so he agrees to his brother finding him one. But he only realizes too late that Holly has five children he can't turn them away. Th ...more
Ann-Maree Howarth
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this very loving book a very wet and raining day and it had me totally entertained for most of the day. My heart was full of love and hope when I finished and had that warm feeling you I get sometimes after finished a great book. This is book 4 of the series but book one for me so even though this is a series they are all send-alone books. I have only just lately started to read Vivi Holt books after having some sitting on my kindle for a while, I must say I am enjoyed her style of writin ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mail-Order Bride: Holly ( Orphan Brides Go West-Book 4 )
By; Vivi Holt
Mail-Order Bride: Holly is the fourth book in Orphan Brides Go West Series. Even though this is in a series it can be read as a stand-a-lone without any problems. I really enjoyed Holly and Kurt’s story. This is a clean heartwarming western romance that will touch your heart. Holly has five children, a widow, and she has to think of her children when she decides to go west. She will do anything for them. What will Kurt do when
Kristi
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very clean, sweet romance. I enjoyed it so much, I read it in one day. The conflict feels mild because it is about a lack of communication and interaction between the couple. There are some scenes that are so sweet and meaningful. Being a mother myself (and raising my kids a little too coddling), it was so interesting to see similar events in the book that I experience when I interact with family who have a stricter hand. I felt so many scenes were well written to reflect real life exp ...more
Bonnie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Too abrupt ending, otherwise this story is inspired. A very large family, of rambunctiously active children. Outliving their welcome in relatives home

Heartbroken widow left with 5 active children, living in the house of her sister and brother in law, is asked to leave. Her sister suggests she answer a letter for a mail order bride. What ensues makes for an interesting story.
Marie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holly was orphaned as a child and then has a wonderful marriage with 5 children. Unfortunately her husband dies and she is must rely on her sister and her husband for a place to live, but then he wants her out of his house. With no where to go she responds to an ad for a wife. She is married to Kurt right off the train. Will she open up and find love? Will Kurt accept a ready made family? There are many adventures before they have their HEA.
Jan Stewart
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holly is a widow with five children, living with her sister and brother-in-law. He wants them out of the house. She sees an ad for a mail order bride and answers Kurt's ad which was written by his brother. They face many obstacles to love, but work together to over come them especially after he is hurt working on his farm.
Tressia Avellar
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
How many is too many?

This book came to me as a free read, but did not disappoint as some of them do! The humor and wit the author out into the story shows all the way throughout the book, and then on into her preview of the next book which I look forward to reading. Thank you for the free book!
Catherine
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wait, how many kids?

A mail order bride with five children! Whatever could happen did, and then some. The story was lifelike in that the children were exactly like children are. Full of life, happiness, sadness, strife and all at different times. Lovely story line, just long enough.
Shonda
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. I really liked Holly’s character and felt sorry for her and her children. Holly has been through a lot and now must find a new place to live with her 5 children. Holly answers a mail order bride advertisement to find a husband to take her and her 5 children in. Such a good story about love when one least expects it.
Brook Reader
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and enjoyable

Great characters and story line..
I recommend it to anyone that likes historical mail order brides.
The ending was abit to abrupt for my liking. Yet a very enjoyable book.
Greg Dixon
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mail order bride 4

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but quick shaping up to be a enjoyable series must read the next one of the series
Tommie Morris
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading it! A little different twist , but very cute! The end was a little bit of a disappointment after the story being moving along so well, still okay ! A good read for a nice , clean story! Good author!
Kasnmas
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! I was so pleased to find a new author on Kindle Unlimited with Mail Order bride stories. I simply loved this story. Once I started reading it I had to finish it before I could go to bed. I look forward to more of her books.
luayne
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars

This is another mail order bride book. A brother advertised for a brother. The woman does not reveal she has 5 children. It turns out ok, I guess. It just ends. Not a cliffhanger, it just ends.
Diane Bailey
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy clean tead

Its hard to imagine the status of women back in history of the Westward expansion
Becoming a mail order bride was an act of desperation for many, I imagine. Have never seen any statistics about numbers of successes and happy outcomes.
Ashley Lavering
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Light, quick, clean read

This book was light and quick and clean. I found that this book could be has so much depth added to it but I did enjoy the story and the struggles they faced were ones that step-parents have to face.
Debbie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Moving on is so hard.

Loved the story and how it unwinds through each part of their lives so you better understand what happens and why. It is good to read about one with so many children and what happens to them when faced with loss. Holly is a very strong woman.
Charlotte
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Holly who is a widow with 5 children. She is definitely not your regular mail-order bride! Ms. Holt has written a very heartwarming story that keeps the reader enraptured with all the ups and downs. I laughed and I cried and I hated to see it end. Great job!
Beverly Kee
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story! Worth reading!

Really liked this book, enjoyed the clean no sex too! Can't imagine having five kids and no where to call home. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did!
norma
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

Easy but enjoyable read. I love happy endings and this book had sadness,pain lessons learned.. Enjoy and read on now.
Deb Shank
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy read

Like stories that are short easy for reading when I read till I fall asleep. Like that the chase are not complicated.
Dorothy McClanahan
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book. The characters seem like real people to me, the story was consistent in context.
Debie Miller
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like it

Well written and could follow the story. Enjoy to read.
Cam wait for the next book. Keep up with the good writing.
Tim Lumsden
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Just okay for me.

Not usually a reader of romance, so I'm not a great judge. Not very believable, predictable. But I read it all and it wasn't bad. Happy Reading!!!
Tim
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
I love the authors writing. It seemed so real for the times. It is a very clean book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Hope (Orlan Orphans #10)
  • The Blessed Bride (Brides of Blessings #1)
  • Bad Company
  • Dreams in Deadwood (Seven Brides of South Dakota, #1)
  • Phoebe's Promise (Oregon Sky, #1)
  • Taming the Trainer (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • Caroline's Love (Mail Order Brides of Hickory Stick #1)
  • Trails Of the Heart Boxset: Oregon Trail Romance books 1-3
  • Mail Order Sisters (Colorado Brides #1-2)
  • Wanted: Lawyer (Silverpines, #8)
  • Kisses With KC (Cowboys and Angels, #11)
  • Accidentally Yours (Forever Yours #1)
  • Banking On Beth (Cowboys and Angels,  #12)
  • Heart of Gold (Hearts of the West #1)
  • Temporary Bride
Vivi Holt writes inspirational romance. Of her books, readers say:

"The plot kept me enthralled and the pages turning"
"I cried and laughed"
"What an awesome ending. Can't wait for more!!"

Vivi lives in beautiful Brisbane, Australia with her husband and three young children. Growing up on a farm she learned to love the country life and now she writes about it in her books. History has always fascinate

Orphan Brides Go West (4 books)
  • Christy (Orphan Brides Go West #1)
  • Mail Order Bride: Ramona (Orphan Brides Go West, #2)
  • Mail Order Bride: Katie (Orphan Brides Go West, #3)