Start by marking “Love on the Edge (Crane's Cove #1)” as Want to Read:
Love on the Edge (Crane's Cove #1)

(Crane's Cove #1)

Lanie Owens has just survived a horrific attack by a stalker. Her grandfather, a retired army colonel, drives her to a resort in Maine where she can heal in peace while the authorities track down the man who almost killed her. To Lanie's dismay, he hires a bodyguard to protect her. Lanie's nightmares are debilitating, but giving up control of her life is unacceptable.

Army
Published November 5th 2017 by Swan Press

To ask other readers questions about Love on the Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on the Edge

Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book. I picked up a copy at a local book signing event and devoured it in two sittings! Kerry expertly weaves a tale with romance, intrigue, suspense, thrills, and warm-fuzzies enough to prompt a swoon, eyelash flutter, and dramatic sigh at its conclusion! I'll be honest, when I first heard the premise- woman has been attacked by stalker, handsome soldier is assigned to protect her while hidden away at a romantic resort, I imagined there would be a muchn ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Kerry Evelyn delivers a suspenseful and deep story. Two people who have suffered traumatic experiences are brought together under unfortunate circumstances. Both working to overcome their fears, grief, and pain and find the strength to regain what was taken from them and keep themselves safe from the danger lurking.

I enjoyed these characters. They were both broken but strived to mend. Matt was brave, driven, and compassionate. He was so sweet and patient with Lanie. Lanie was hurt and scared, ye
Bethany Simmons Ledesma
It was like I was there

The resort described throughout the book made me want to pack my bags and head for the East Coast! A fun romance with lovable characters, suspense and humor as well as a glimpse into the everyday lives of those that suffer from PTSD. A great read!
Elisha
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After dealing with and surviving the traumatic events of a stalker, Lanie needs to get away to heal; physically and emotionally. When dealing with something traumatic like a scary stalker who attacks you, trying to kill you, the physical wounds heal with time but, the emotional wounds take time and work. This story may be triggering for some. I found this story to be captivating, sweet, emotional, telling, one of self-discovery, and a journey of healing. The writing was raw while staying tender, ...more
Debbie
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, suspense story of two people who are hurting and finding a way to be together despite their PTSD.
Matt has returned from a tour with more than physical injuries.
Lanie is recovering from a stalker attack.
They are both at a resort to recover, but Matt is also Lanie’s bodyguard, can Matt protect her and fight their growing attraction, and what will happen when the stalker finds her?
Bailey Ember
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Kerry Evelyn has great attention to detail and makes everything from the setting, to the characters feel very real. It makes for a wonderfully written and very authentic novel.

Evelyn manages to take the reader through a barrage of other emotions besides the typical and they will find themselves submerged in the world and feeling every single things that happens to Lanie and Matt. The characters were charismatic and drew the reader in.
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! Such a beautiful, inspirational story of healing. I fell in love with the characters. I can't wait for the next one. I highly recommend this book.
Rhonda
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well written, thoughtful Christian romance

This is Evelyn Kerry's debut novel and she did a wonderful job dealing with the difficult subjects of violent assaults against woman and the effects of war and PTSD on our soldiers.
Lanie and Matt are thrown together after her assault. He is acting as her bodyguard while he heals from his own war inflicted physical and mental wounds. I liked that the author presents them not as victims but rather as survivors trying to make sense of life and working at
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Can two people who are overcome with nightmares and have suffered the worst trauma a person can go through come together and heal?

For Lanie Owens she needs a place to hide out from a man who took her kindness for granted. She's now overcome with nightmares and fears even her own shadow.

Matt Saunders is stateside recuperating from a bomb blast that has left him without his unit and a limp leg. But he'd do anything for the Colonel, even protect and help a woman overcome her nightmares.

What these
Vickie Chaisson
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love on the Edge

Love on the Edge is an amazing story that tells the story of two PTSD victims and how they grow together in love for each other and their love of the Lord in their lives.
The author has written an in depth look at how PTSD affects us and changes how we look at ourselves and how we deal with things. Matt and Lanie have to learn how to deal with the triggers that will set off an episode and what to do when it happens.

Matt and Lanie are learning to find strength in each other as the
Becki
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book at an author event where I had the pleasure of meeting Kerry Evelyn. I'm a big fan of inspirational romance books, so I knew this would be right up my alley!

As a debut book, I'm very impressed! I loved the story, the characters, and the relationship building. I appreciate when an author paints the picture of both the external and the internal. I enjoyed getting to know Lanie and Matt. I understood their struggles even more because Ms. Evelyn took the time to explain the charac
Hala Awtrey
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love on the Edge is a sweet romance between two people who are placed together for protection only to discover they each suffer from various forms of PTSD. Kerry Evelyn describes the different types of PTSD and the everyday experiences that trigger those that are affected by it. I especially loved how the characters worked on overcoming their past traumas even though there is fear, grief and pain, yet they find love. Kerry Evelyn did a fantastic job describing the resort in Maine with the variou ...more
Ktcarley
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn into this book right away! The way the author makes you feel for the characters is amazing! It’s like reading a Hallmark Channel Mobie but better. The characters are relatable and engaging, the author must have done her research on PTSD and anxiety because she deals with it with care, compassion and honesty. I hope she writes a sequel because I am curious to see what happens next with these characters.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Love on the Edge

A wonderful sweet and uplifting contemporary romance that tugs at your heart strings. Two broken souls with traumatic pasts come together and discover new strength, desire and courage. I enjoyed how the story played out and how their relationship grew through the course of the story.
Ruth Bishop
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the second book!

This book was the perfect blend for a summer romance read. This story is about two people overcoming trauma from past events and ending up challenging and accepting one another for who they are. Clean contemporary romance.
Erin
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable book!
Teri Ditchman
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written story. A great romance with great characters. Very descriptive writing! I loved this story and can't wait to read more by this author!
Racquel
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story.
Sharon
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love on the Edge

Great characters and a story that grips you by the throat and pulls you right into the action from the start to the end
Connie Jones
Kayla Durkee
Jun 02, 2018
Melissa
Dec 13, 2017
Kerry Evelyn is a native of the Massachusetts SouthCoast. She loves God, books of all kinds, traveling, taking selfies, sweet drinks, and escaping into her imagination, where every child is happy and healthy, every house has a library, and her hubby wears coattails and a top hat 24/7.She is an educator, mentor, and speaker, and the author of the Crane’s Cove series, inspirational romance set in Do ...more

Crane's Cove (2 books)
  • Love on the Rocks (Crane's Cove #2)