Start by marking “Beauty and His Beast” as Want to Read:
Beauty and His Beast

Beauty and His Beast

Novella (~38,000 words)
Genre(s): Fairy tale, science fiction, lighthearted, xenophilia, magic penis, love story, LGBT+/GSM

They call him Marrex the Monster.

Deformed and wretched, Captain Marrex roams the black of space with only a pair of eccentric AIs for company. The curse in his DNA means a long, bitterly lonely life for the Ghelyxian, and it’s a fate Marrex knows he can
Published December 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and His Beast, please sign up.
Bey Deckard Soon! It’s being edited now. There’s a giveaway going on with a few hours left to win a copy before I even upload it to Amazon :) https://boymeetsboyr…moreSoon! It’s being edited now. There’s a giveaway going on with a few hours left to win a copy before I even upload it to Amazon :) https://boymeetsboyreviews.blogspot.c...

(less)

Start your review of Beauty and His Beast
Shin Mon Thway
I really love Bey Deckard’s retelling of ”Beauty and the Beast”. For a nerdy, quirky, hopeless romantic like me, this novella is a dream come true. 😍 You have a kind-hearted Beauty, a broken-hearted Beast and instead of talking and performing furniture and household items, you have super weird AIs. Alas, bless my sci-fi nerdy head! 😂

Captain Marrex has been roaming aimlessly around universe for a really really long time. And there’s an unwanted guest on his ship, a human in a stasis state locke
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Magic penis indeed. And not just metaphorically!

The Beast LITERALLY has a giant, striped, self-lubricating dick that -- WAIT FOR IT -- produces a kind of stimulant that leads to multiple orgasms (and by multiple, I don't mean three; I mean DOZENS).

Frankly, that sounds exhausting.

But, hey, Juniper is into it. He's into Marrex too, even though Marrex is grumpy and angry. You'd be too if you were banished from your kingdom and stuck on a worn-down spaceship for a century or two.

Marrex isn't
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dear Father Christmas,
Remember that letter I sent? Well I've changed my mind. I now want a Ghelyxian (pronounced Hell-EE-zee-an).
Thank you.

He could have just blown the pod out the airlock with Juniper Bo inside. He didn't. And so their love story begins........
This is a call out to every lover of Beauty and the Beast storylines. GET THIS BOOK. They call him Marrex the Monster, I call him 37 times and counting 😉.
I LOVED how Bey Deckard handled this storyline with his own original take on it.
Hig
Shile
Omg! What did i just read? Well i liked it a lot.

- It is about Beauty and the Beast

- Self-Lubricating Dick

- Magic cocks

Annnnnd!

- 37 orgasms…. Well that’s that.

SheReadsALot
FOUR HEARTS--Light Bey Deckard, y'all! If his darker work scares you, this is a title that you can try.

This was light and sweet and just a bit snarky. Fun time to be had here!

Beauty and His Beast is an adaption of the famous fairy tale told in SPAAAAAAAAAAACE! And did you read the tags? The tags are everything because:

That's right, boys and girls....MAGIC. PENIS. Before you start thinking about all of the fun possibilities... let's chat about the stars of the story, hm?

[REALLY FUN
Barbara➰
Reread April 2019

I bumped up my rating. I had forgotten what a sweet sci-fi Beauty and Beast retelling this was. Just lovely. Plus all the orgasms help 😉

Originally read December 2017

**37 Orgasm Stars**

Oh what a joy! Beauty and the Beast Sci-fi MM edition. This was so much fun and so sweet. It was definitely a different take on Beauty and the Beast with not only a swoon-worthy Beast but a swoon-worthy Beauty as well. And who can resist MULTIPLE orgasms...as in 37!!! Oh and don't forget the magica
DarienMoya

November 2018
Audio

The Story rating remains the same but 5++++++ for Michael Ferraiuolos narration. He’s just amazing all the freaking time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, well, well..... can I get a Amen for magic penis. Can I get it in 37 orgasms, can I get in a might need a defibrillator because heart failure is imminent.

description

This was such a cute story. I am all for interspecies loving, and this with its ode to Beauty and the Beast was just perfection. I’m so glad that Marrex remained all beastly,
Deborah
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is my favourite retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
Here the Beast is the grumpy but loveable Captain Marrex or Marrex the Monster as he’s known.
Juniper Bo is human who finds himself aboard the captains ship after seventeen years in stasis.
Marrex has been alone for so long (112 years) he’s not sure how to talk to Juniper and since he believes himself to be an ugly monster he assumes Juniper will see him that way as well. Which all means it’s up to Juniper.
This is such a beautiful retelling
Diana
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had to read a fairy tale retelling for a challenge, and I picked this one up. Even though I struggle with retellings, I am completely shocked that I enjoyed this little gem as much as I did. Plus, it was sci-fi, which I rarely read.

I enjoyed both characters, Juniper the human was sweet and kind. The Captain of the spaceship, Marrex, was the grouchy alien, until he met Juniper. The sex….37 orgasms!!!!

This was a fun little read with very little angst or any llama drama.
True Loveislovereview
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq
Loved this story... hard...

Juniper, a human from Terra Deux, is awakened after 17 T years by S1N and VAL.
Their grumpy Captain Marrex, a Ghelyxian, didn't want to wake him (yet), he didn't know what or who was in the stasis pod they saved.

Marrex is cursed... abandoned. He didn't find his mate at the time he should have. Floating in his ship with just S1N and VAL (the ship's computer) by his side, through the darkest sides of the galaxy... for over a hundred years ...His features are not how they’
Xia Xia
3.5

Enjoyable retelling of an old favorite story.
Reminds me of the Jean Cocteau "Beauty and the Beast" movie from 1947, but in space and with magic cocks.
The AI S1N made the story entertaining for me.
Eugenia
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fantastic retelling of a classic story!

This was simply an adorable take on the fairytale, “The Beauty and the Beast!” I enjoyed every word (both read and on audiobook) of this sci-fi treat!

The space aspect lent this a very new setting, and the beast was intriguing as both a non-human species and one with “cursed” DNA. He lived a life of exile from his people. Our beauty was a human, found in an abandoned stasis pod in the depths of space.

I loved the fact that despite the “cursed” abnormalities
Rachel Emily
Ahhhhh I just LOVED this story! This is just a wonderful, sexy, a perfect blend of fairy tale with sci-fi and I LOVED IT!

I adored S1N and VAL, the two AIs in the ship, and how snarky they were and meddling. And I absolutely loved Marrex and Juniper. Their chemistry was insane and when they finally got together?! WOW HOTNESS. Seriously. I need a Marrex of my own!

This had a great blend of storytelling, world building (interesting world building but not distracting from the romance like a lot of sc
Bey Deckard
Update: paperback now available

Once upon a time, long long ago, someone gave me an illustrated copy of Beauty and the Beast as a present. The story was a retelling of a retelling: this was Deborah Apy’s version retelling the one written by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont in 1756, which was a retelling of the original story, La Belle et la Bête written by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve in 1740. I loved the story and the illustrations by Michael Hague really intrigued me—they were creepy
Trio
Bey Deckard puts his unique spin on my all-time favorite fairy tale with his creative and clever Beauty and His Beast. In this version our Beauty isn’t a simpering, coquettish virgin but is confident and world-wise. And our angry Beast, exiled to a solitary existence, is mysterious and alluring. I couldn’t wait to see how they’d work it all out. I can’t honestly think of a version of this story I haven’t enjoyed, but with Bey Deckard’s imagination and flair the result is captivating.

The story ta
Kazza
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't worry about the take on Beauty and the Beast meets space, think about Marrex's magical and mystical (and large) dick and it's self lubricating and stimulating multi-orgasmic jizz. Mmm hmm.

description

All magic dick moments aside, this is a joy to read and total reread material.

Beauty and His Beast is an interesting, joyful, and strong entwining of a classic tale within another world and time. I was impressed with the sci-fi/fantasy world building alongside the romance. This spin comes complete with v
Annery
This was exactly what I needed today! A surprisingly sweet offering from Bey Deckard, this is a retelling of the classic tale. With a twist. And the coup de gras is the pitch perfect narration Michael Ferraiuolo.

It takes place in a post-Earth future where, where despite technological advancements, everyday struggles continue unabated. Juniper Bo's (love that name) family has fallen on hard times. In order to help he embarks, immigrant style, to work on a colony/planet, but things go awry and he'
Ula'ndi Hart
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Overall book rating: 3.8
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I might be spoiled by the previous Bey Deckard I got to read. So my expectations might have been a tad high for this one. It’s a “Short” one so I knew it won’t be anything like the Baal’s Heart stories. I SO loved that!

I did enjoy the whole take on the Beauty and the Beast thing, also that there was no unnecessary “drama” in the story and I like the ending where you can imagine all things possible. Sweet read.

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgirls, ebook, sci-fi, mm

Review by The Blogger Girls.

Nobody makes me love sci-fi quite like Mr. Deckard. And this story is on the sweeter side which I was also not quite expecting. Or, I should say, not as much as I was expecting something a bit darker. This was fun, sweet, interesting and humorous, and I quite enjoyed it!

Juniper is a human who has been in stasis for 17 years when he finds himself on board a ship captained by Marrex, a Ghelyxian, or some type of alien, who has also been cursed to get uglier and die sinc
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review 05Dec2018: 4.5 Stars

Michael Ferraiuolo makes everything better. Even when a book is already pretty damned good on its own, he brings out the nuance and sexy like very few other narrators can. His accents are amazing.

Original Rating 18Dec2018: 4.2 Stars

JFC, Bey Deckard can write anything, can't he? I mean, I've mentioned I hate Fairy Tales (B&tB is a guilty pleasure, though; watching any iteration of it is comparable to hate-sex: I can't help enjoying it but then feel really badly ab
Christelle
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh…I felt detached and couldn’t get into this story of the Beauty and the beast in a sci-fi setting. Not the first time I read from this author and end up with the same feeling. I guess this author is not for me.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: au-fantasy, m-m, scifi
My that was a wonderful trip! This is not the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast, thankfully.

It upsets me that many people don’t know that Disney didn’t create this, or many other stories they made into movies. IMHO, the original stories are much better. Dark, cruel and twisted.

Anyway, on to the Bey Deckard version.. Bey did include some of the humor and sweetness of the Disney version in the form of two artificial intelligence characters S1N and VAL that I greatly enjoyed.

I thought Junipe
Maria
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★☆☆½ ~ 3.5 Stars
Considering that I have a 'beauty and the beast' shelf, I kinda like this trope. And this has Bey's unique twist.

Disgraced Captain Marrex roams deep space with his AI's S1n and VAL for years until they come across a pod that contains Juniper Bo in stasis.

Marrex is a big grump and the AI's insert their own brand of humor. Juniper turns out to be a good mechanic around the ship and slowly finds his way to Marrex' heart and Marrex, his.

However, will their blossoming relationshi
Kathleen
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi

A rather adorable MM adaptation of Beauty and the Beast...in space!
mwana
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, mm, erotica, sci-fi
Book contains multiple (37) orgasms, super massive self-lubricating meth dick, beauty and the beast/Jane Eyre influences.

What's not to love? 😋
Joyfully Jay
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

I am a sucker for the Beauty and the Beast trope in my romance novels, so I was eager to pick up this story from Bey Deckard. I think the author does a really nice job with this one, bringing in the key themes of the original story, while still giving us something unique and creative here. We have the gruff and surly Marrex, emotionally scarred by his isolation and his rejection, not to mention years of living alone with just S1N and VAL for company. He is paired
Meep
Dec 23, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
DNF at 38%

It's not bad, it's just not for me.
Don't judge a book by the cover - the moody image and introduction referencing older Beauty and the Beast tales led me to expect a darker story. The reality is nearer to Red Dwarf meets Disney with odd dreams along the way.
For me it felt too superficial; never got much of an image of the ship and the characters so far haven't shown any hint of depth that might make me care enough to read on. There's no tension, just some histrionics over a little cut
Don Bradshaw
I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet quick read. Both VAL and S1N were terrific and added some comic relief to the story. I liked the way that Marrex and Juniper were brought together. The story pulled me right in and I was kind of bummed when it ended. Juniper's family was everything it was supposed to be in its awfulness. I totally recommend this book to anyone looking for a good escape from reality. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Earth Fathers Are Weird
  • Earth Husbands are Odd
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • His Fake Prison Daddy
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • Truth in the Dark
  • Precious
  • Malik (Kif Warriors #1)
  • Prince for Sale (Thrall Prince #1)
  • The Sea Monster's Mate (The Sea Monster’s Mate, #1)
  • The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars, #1)
  • Poisonwood (Poisonwood & Lyric #1)
  • The Guppy Prince (The Silver Isles #1)
  • Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits (Claimings, #3)
  • Eight Nights in December
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Expeditions, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pastimes (Claimings, #4)
  • Jailmates (Maxim Colonies #1)
Artist, Writer, Dog Lover

Bey Deckard is the author of a number of novels including the Baal’s Heart books, Max, Beauty and His Beast, and Better the Devil You Know.

Bey lives in Montréal, Canada where he spends most of his time in the company of a handsome mutt named Murphy. When Bey’s not writing, he’s doing graphic work, painting portraits, speaking French, cooking tasty vegetarian eats, or watc

News & Interviews