Start by marking “Man Flu” as Want to Read:

(Man Cave #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  596 Ratings  ·  161 Reviews
**A standalone Romantic Comedy ** I was trying to live every woman's dream, except my reality has been nothing but a nightmare job and a divorce at the age of thirty-two. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, my ex-husband, Rick, moved in next door with his life-size Barbie doll. So, that's been fun.

Then, life pitched me a curve-ball in the form of a retired
Kindle Edition
Published January 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Man Flu, please sign up.
Shari Ryan Man Flu hasn't released yet :). These reviews are from ARC readers. The book will be out on January 17th <3.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

Man Flu is a hilarious, sweet, sexy romance that takes you on a journey of a divorced single mom reclaiming her life, self confidence and a new love, this story had me LOLing so hard I thought I was going to need to put some depends on.

I absolutely loved Hannah, she is not perfect, has self esteem issues, can’t stand her ex, Rick, or his new woman, she’s snarky and 100% dedicated to her precocious, hot mess of a 5 yr old daughter, Cora. By the way NOT only did Rick cheat on her, he moved next do
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
The title got me!!! (Cover model didn't hurt either...wink!) Never read any Shari J Ryan before. Now she's on my radar!!

What a refreshing and different kind of story. I don't have it in me to write a long winded review but suffice it to say the writing was good. And there so many laugh out loud moments! Talk about stretching out embarrassing moments!! OMG!!! This is a level 10 mortification book!!! So if you are in the mood for a good chuckle with hot hero and a mouthy heroine, and a precocious
J.E. Benoit
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

“You see, when a man gets sick, it’s kind of like the world is coming to an end. They don’t handle it very well, at all.”

Hannah Pierce is just a woman trying to keep her life under control. Divorced at age 32, single mom to a feisty 5-year old, stuck in a job in an office full of sexist douches… oh yeah, and her ex-husband and his Barbie doll girlfri
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 1/2 Stars!

Full review to come soon!
Shari Ryan
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you enjoyed Man Flu, Man Handler is the next Romantic Comedy standalone to enter the Man Cave! Make sure you add Man Handler it to your TBR. Man Handler releases on March 28th, 2018.
Click the image to find out more!

Thank you all for reading and leaving a review! If you're able to and have a moment, would you copy your review over on Amazon too? I'd be very grateful!!! xoxo http://smarturl.it/ManFluAmazon

Thank you!!! <3 <3 <3
Shari
Krissy loves to read
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shari J Ryan has brought tears to my eyes again, but this time from laughter! This romantic comedy was hysterical and sexy at the same time! When I saw the title and the description I had to read it! This story is brilliant, the Man Flu is such a real thing, I enjoyed everything about Hannah’s and Logan’s story.
Hannah is such a likable character, all of us women and mothers can relate to her. She’s had some stuff happen in her life and instead of it bringing her down, she stood tall and didn’t
Danielle Harris
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remove the unhappy little tree Logan is no forest Ranger😂

Omg! I give this book a million freaking stars. This book had me cracking up!! This is hands down my most favorite romantic comedy! I laughed so hard my stomach hurts!!!

Hannah got divorced because of her ex cheated, he even moved in next door to her with his new girlfriend. Leaving Hannah to raise their 5 year old daughter Cora, who is a complete hoot! Logan an ex baseball player is Hannah's new temp at her job. The sparks fly. Everyone i
Michell Hall casper
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a way to start a relationship........

I really enjoyed this book. This just proves that even in the fictional sense not all stories are fairy tales and white nights. Logan and Hannah's story isn't your typical single mom looking for some white night to swoop in and save the day. This book had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes and not because it was emotional. It was because this is what real life is like at times. The chaos, things not going as they should and yes men are the bigges
Ashley Gayhart
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man Flu, is legitimately one of my favorite phrases. It's a real thing, and most wives know all to well, what it entails. It's when a man ,simply thinks he is dying over a common cold, a fever, or something so small, and us women have to attend to them as if they are babies.

This is my first book by Shari. And I can absolutely guarantee you it will not be my last. This book has it all, it has EVERYTHING!! It entails the challenges we women have, after having kids and getting older. It shows the c
Elizabeth
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram

This a book for every mom out there...
Whether you are a single mom or not, Man Flu captures the worst of the worst and casts it in a humorous and hopeful light.

I liked Hannah and Logan and honestly had to laugh at a couple of the situations they found themselves in. I also appreciated the emotional growth we saw Hannah go through while she completed the process of saying good bye to her marriage and moving forward.

As much as I enjoyed this book, some of the quirks in Logan’s personali
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com, arc, blog-tour
"Meaning of Man flu is a phrase that refers to the idea that men, when they have a bad cold, exaggerate and claim they have the flu."

For example, "I have contracted a potentially fatal case of man-flu. Your lack of compassion is putting my life in danger!"

I just finished a book that put me in tears & depression so this was a definitely the book I needed. It put me in tears as well but with laughter this time. It has been a while that a book made me laugh this hard. My hubby even questioned
Angela
Gobbled this one up!! Def recommend! I laughed out loud so many times! My kids kept asking what was funny! Lol!
Belinda Visser
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved Man Flu. This book is sweet, sexy and hilarious. I haven't read a book that had me laughing so much and the hot sexy tension between Logan and Hannah. I loved reading the journey of Logan and Hannah story and meeting other characters along the way.
I love reading Shari Ryan books. Never disappointed and her books always take me to a happy place.
Jenny B
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man Flu was such a great and fun read! I found Hannah to be a character that was so incredibly easy to relate to and I swear some of those scenes were straight from life. I laughed out loud so many times and Logan -- just swoon now! Logan is the most perfect beefcake and definitely creates for ovary explosions. This book has everything in it and I can't strongly encourage you enough to go out and one click this wonder!
Amanda Forrester
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Very funny! Although there was a lot of toilet humor which isn’t my fave. Poor Hannah just could t seem to catch a break. Logan was a good man despite what he’d been through but he was a little to sympathetic toward Hannah’s ex husband (who was the typical clueless, uninvolved man). This was my first book by this author but I’d like to check out some more. Safe read.
MzzBookworm
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ManFlu by Shari J Ryan

Omg! I was in tears laughing ! I may have look a little bit crazy on the train laughing my ass off! .. Shari Ryan thanks again for writing this amazing story a little bit different that my other reads by you but I def loved it! .. readers: If you need a good laugh this will be a great pick for the night.. if you like baseball you only have 1 ball”

“Yes, I love you. It’s been a year, and during that time, I fell for your personality. No, I didn’t know what you looked like, bu
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG Man Flu was so freakin hilarious that I almost can't even write this review about anything else! Hannah thought she was living her dream life, but it's become nothing but a nightmare. She's now a divorced woman at 32, working a nightmare job, and her ex-husband has moved next door to her with his barbie doll girlfriend, so she's slowly losing it. Now there's a new temp at her company in the form of a retired baseball player named Logan Grier, who is super hot. However, her two worlds collide ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

Hannah is having a hard time adjusting to being a single, working mom. Her ex-husband moved in next door to her with his much younger lover. While being pulled into a million directions, Hannah reaches her breaking point.

What I enjoyed about this story was the laugh out loud moments I had. The interaction between Hannah and her assistant Brielle are hilarious. Especially when the new guy shows up as the intern. Shari Ryan nailed it perfectly on what it is like when a man is sick.
Liz
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shari J. Ryan wrote one of the most emotional books I have ever read with A Heart of Time, but I also fell in love with her words. She is an amazing writer that can pull on your emotions and put you through an angst-filled ride. So, Man Flu was a quite the surprise. This one was filled with laugh out loud moments. Still an emotional read as we see Hannah’s journey, but lighter than previous books I have read by her.

In her early thirties, Hannah finds herself divorced, but even worse, her ex and
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
🌟🌟🌟🌟 - 4 Stars

This story was great. It’s a rom com standalone and the first story I have read from Shari. I will definitely be reading more from Shari and catching up on the books I have not read of hers yet.

Hannah is a single mum, divorcée and living next door to her ex husband and his ‘barbie’ doll girlfriend. She is a funny, sarcastic character, she’s a bit of a perfectionist, but I quite liked her character. Everyone gets sick, and I thought it was quite accurate about how men act w
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute book that had me laughing throughout. My first read from this author, I really liked her sense of humor and enjoyed the journey of self discovery she took our heroine through in this book. Being a divorced single mom I could relate to much of the same experiences and struggles Hannah goes through. She kind of has to remember who she is and fall in love with herself again before falling in love with someone else (Logan) as well as clear up some unresolved feelings about her ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man Flu is a great funny read. Hannah is a great character. She's divorced with a five year old. Her ex (Rick) lives next door with his barbie doll looking girlfriend (Tiana). She meets Logan when he comes into her work as her intern. Logan is not a just out of college kid. He's a sexy hot retired baseball player Hannah and Logan have a connection. One by one they get the flu. First Hannah's daughter, then Hannah, then Logan and Rick. Of course Rick and Logan get the man flu which seems to be wo ...more
Emily Goodman
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man Flu by Shari Ryan is one of the best books I've had the pleasure of reading this year. Cover to cover Ryan causes readers to relate, hope and laugh!
Douchebag cheating Ex ☑, child determined to make daily visits to the school nurse ☑, and a hot ex baseball playing temp located just on the other side of her Pepto bismol pink office☑, Ryan throws all this and more to single working mom, Hannah, as she just tries to get through each hour of the day. Ryan makes us laugh, clap and take pride in he
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
OMG!!! I absolutely floved this book!!!
Hannah is a single divorced mom. She is sarcastic and funny as he*l. She is also kind of a perfectionist.

Logan is a sexy as he*l former Major League Baseball player.( I don't wanna give much away about him)

So this book literally had me laughing so freaking hard I cried and my stomach still hurts from it!!!
But it was also sweet and it was a really good slow burn, which I love!
Heaven Scheuring
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shari J. Ryan has another hit on her hands! Man Flu was absolutely hilarious! Poor Hannah! Hannah has the worst luck of anyone I know. I felt so sorry for her so many times during this book. I loved Logan!! He was the perfect man for Hannah!
If you're looking for a slow burn romance, this book is for you!
Amber Eckstein
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I, Amber Eckstein, will say without a doubt this is my favorite book so far in 2018! I cannot lie. I laughed through it, the story had a good plot to it. The characters were wonderful and everything came together. No doubt this author is amazing. This is my first by this author and won't be my last that is for sure.
Haddie Harper
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just ...... Awww!!

Literally. that is my final reaction. It has taken me a while to have a chance to read this book and now that I have, I am over the moon. Logan is a dream. I have a strong respect for Hannah. Also, when a man decides to make his new daughter's bedroom a castle fairytale, I know I am forever ruined. I want me a Logan.
Brandi Andes
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I so wish there was a unlimited amount of stars I could give this book, because it so deserves it! We meet Hannah single mom of a sassy no filter 5 year old! Then we meet our words with friends mr. Dickle! Then swoon worthy sweep you off your Logan who starts working for Hannah. Hannah gets the flu then Logan then we are taken on a hilarious ride of the man flu! This book will make you laugh til your insides hurt!
M M
This was a good story, not great. Way too much push/pull for me really. But, it was a funny story, especially the wax bit.
Paula Genereau
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
holy moly. Shari sure did a great job on this book. it was amazing and I couldn't stop reading it
Kindle Unlimited ...: A "Laugh-Out-Loud" Romantic Comedy in KU 1 7 Mar 05, 2018 09:34AM
Thank you all! 1 1 Jan 17, 2018 02:55PM

Hi guys! I'm an indie writer of Romantic Comedy, Contemporary Romance, and Romantic Thrillers. Throughout my writing journey, I've hit Amazon's Top 100, Barnes & Noble's Top 10, and iBooks at #1. Hiding in suburbia with my hubby and two wild little boys, my active imagination allows me to live life as adult with many imaginary friends.

Looking for advanced cop

Man Cave (4 books)
  • Manservant (Man Cave #1)
  • Man Handler
  • Man Buns

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)