Start by marking “Irish Kiss (Irish Kiss, #1)” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  196 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Saoirse
I wanted him since the day I met him. Long haired, tattooed and tall as an Irish giant. He was more than just handsome, he was drop dead gorgeous. And the only one who ever truly cared. It didn’t matter to him that my father was a criminal and my mother a whore. He saw me, understood me.

I could be anything I wanted, he said.
Except his.
Because I was too young and he
Published February 5th 2018 by SB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Irish Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Kiss

Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The myth of Selkie is the basis of this modern love story. Legend has it that a woman with fins of a seal is in love with a human and sacrifices her happiness to save him. This story is all about sacrificing for your love, for their betterment and their well being
description
Diarmuid Brennan is a JLO-Juvenile Liaison Officer for troubled youths. He's giving back to the community by saving young, first time offenders and delinquents from sinking more into the quagmire of drugs, crime & gang violence. He'
Kate's Corner

2018 I decided to read more books that I usual wouldn’t read based on the cover and the blurb here it most certainly applied.

It’s hard to know what to write here because I have so many emotions some negative and some positive.

The author created a gripping love story with ups and downs. It made me smile and it made me angry of the injustice of the world that sometimes some have to try harder than others. That there is no love without sacrifice and this is a taboo love story in the making.

Saoirse
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Sienna Blake
5 Serotonin Stars

With each book I read by Sienna Blake, I see the growth of a fantastic author. Each book she’s written, progressively better than the last. An author that has made it onto my list of one-click without reading the blurb or thinking twice about reading.

Irish Kiss in my opinion is Sienna Blake’s best work to date! This book was written perfectly and flowed without a hitch. It’s an emotional journey spanning over many years.

Some people
SOMDReigel
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sienna Blake at her very best! She gives you a heart ripping, grief-ridden, forbidden love story. Set in Ireland and told in alternating POVs. The story of Saoirse and Diarmuid is complicated, messy and so full of pure love.
“So, you and me…” I said, “we’re soul family?” He smiled. “Yeah. We are.”
Saoirse Bryne, is thirteen when we meet her, naïve yet mature, brilliant, vulnerable, and tough. Trapped in a dump of a home with a drug-addicted, incompetent, and uncaring whore of a mother and a not
Lamplight Review
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of angsty, taboo reads...then Irish Kiss needs to be on your reading list!

Sienna Blake has another hit on her hands and I cannot wait to see what follows Irish Kiss!

One of my favorite things about a taboo read is they are chalk full of all the heat, the need, and the forbidden aspect that you expect. Irish Kiss has all that and more and all the drama that surrounds Diarmuid and Saoirse kept my attention the whole time. I absolutely do have a favorite scene, but since I'm not a s
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
Shelves: 2018, arc
Absolutely loved this! Gave me all the feelings possible!

Nadine
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For me, no one knows how to dig into the human heart, emotions and frailties like Sienna.
Having had the opportunity to read and review her Dark Romeo series and other books, I was really excited about Irish Kiss. Sienna never disappoints and once again, we have a rare gem on our hands.
This is one of those cases when I do not go in with a blank slate, because I know what is coming friends and I cannot ignore it! I know it will be rough, poignant, that I will sure be crying a little and always pra
April Symes
Irish Kiss by Sienna Blake is a complex, unique and addicting story. It shows the characters in the past and in the present. It is sort of a taboo story about a teenage girl and a man who’s a decade older than her –he is her juvenile liaison officer which meant he held a position of authority over her. I didn’t know what to make of Saoirse and Diarmuid- their love story is messy, complicated yet they love each other. The story starts when they first met. Saoirse has a father in jail and a comple ...more
5 STARS

I don't know how Sienna does it. She continually brings us these amazing characters that we fall in love with. She also rips our hearts out, stomps on them a bit, then puts it back together piece by piece.

Saoirse is a kid who was unlucky enough to be born into a life no one should live. One wrong choice lands her in the hands of Diarmuid, a parole officer of sorts, who wants nothing more than to protect her.

Diarmuid knows that Saoirse is special and completely off limits. But the more ti
Harim (The Reader Blog)
If you’re prepared to set aside your verdict until the final word is written…

Here's our story

Fkfkfkfkfk

ADORED
I ABSOLUTELY ADORED THIS OMFG I AM CRYING!!!

5++ STARS!!

The story the drama the easy going love and all that pain in it.

Soirse comes from a family that consists of a whore mother and deadbeat criminal father and she get's assigned to our beloved hero who happens to be a JLO!

And then comes selkie and skin and ahhhh.. Apple pies

Since he is an adult and she's basically a kid, he takes c
Sue M. Van
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book will take the reader from one end of the emotional spectrum to the opposite end. Hate, anger, love, pain and a hope that all works out in the end. The reader never knows where the story will lead next.

I had a hard time at first because of Saoirse's living situation. Lot of anger towards a person who should have cared more.

Then she meets up with Diarmuid and seems like she has found her hero. Turns out that's not so true in the first years of their relationship. As much as she loves thi
Reckless Readers
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel is a heart shredding, angst filled forbidden love story. The story of Saoirse and Diarmuid is complex, chaotic and so full of love. Sienna Blake has done a spectacular job of telling their story, I loved that it was told in alternating point of view. This allowed for a deeper emotional connection to the characters by viewing situations from their perspective. I loved that this book spanned as long as it did, from them first meeting when Saoirse was 13 right up to the HEA. The length o ...more
Haddie Harper
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am pleasantly pleased with this book. The age difference between Diarmuid and Saoirse didn't bother one bit, because I actually know of a few people with that age gap and they're happy as can be. Diarmuid is such a sexy dream boat. And the journey to his HEA with Saoirse! My poor heart has had quite a few jolts this past week, and I am gladly welcoming them.
As always, Sienna Blake writes an amazing story with amazing characters; raw and angsty. That slow burn though. *DIES*

DISCLAIMER: I REQUES
Anne Milne
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Saoirse and Diarmuid who meet when she is only 13, please note although this a slightly taboo story nothing happens until years later.

The premise of the story the way the two main characters meet and the position of authority he is in was not something I’ve read before.

I liked both Saoirse and Diarmuid, neither of them have had easy lives and although I enjoyed the story at times I felt parts dragged.

Overall a good four star book.

reviewed by Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Becky Rendon
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's taboo. It's wildly inappropriate. But once you get over your personal judgment of those thoughts, it's a beautiful love story.
It's a beginning.
It's sad.
It's troubling.
It's got hot accents and names that will take you a few attempts to pronounce correctly.
It's romantic.
It's going to make your insides smile.
Irish Kiss is complicated, sweet, and endearing. It's also hot, sexy, and all kinds of right.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
a href="http://www.morebooksthanlivros.com/wp...

*****WARNING: Everything is still too fresh in my mind, I'm still without words for this. It might be one of those incoherent reviews, that maybe edited with time.*****

I'm a an emotional reader, Sienna's writing is always permeated with emotions. We are a perfect match. I'm at a point that I will read anything of her only because I saw her name, without even reading the blurb.

Contemporary romance, or as contemporary as a book in Ireland can be. Ba
My Next BookBf
5 Selkie Stars

“Some people are born into family. We get to choose ours. We make our own, forged out of our hearts and weaved together by our souls. And that is stronger than blood.” “So, you and me…” I said, “we’re soul family?” He smiled. “Yeah. We are.”

Sienna's writing is beautiful, so intense, so raw, and so fucking amazing. Every emotion I could feel it radiating through my skin like second nature. Every push every pull made my heart leap with so much emotion that I couldn't even control t
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you read and loved All the Ugly and Wonderful things and loved it, this book is for you. If you hated it or never wanted to read it, then this book may not be one to add to your TBR. It’s not quite as dark or morally questionable as that book was, but it’s darn close, and I loved it for exactly that reason. I love when a book pushes limits without quite crossing the line into something irredeemable.

Irish Kiss is the first book in Sienna Blake’s Irish Kiss series. There was a little glimpse in
Eryn
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I actually took some time between finishing reading this book and leaving the review for it in hopes I could recover from all the feels that were overwhelming me by the time it was over. It's safe to say, I've spent a fair portion of the time in between still thinking about Diarmuid and Saoirse.

This is slow burn at it's finest - as in, you want to scream, push, pull, and anything else you can think of to get these two to get over everything they have going on in their heads and their lives so th
Janice Somers
This is soo good. I loved it. The story is a then and now story. I will warn you that it is not a quick read but, it is one you will be happy when you finish it. I know that I was and it will stay with me.
Two broken people who came from no real families and a sh!tty home life.

Saoirse is 14 yrs old and now a juvenile for not ratting out her friends. She has to see a JLO, Diarmuid. She was surprised at how he talked to her. He looked, talked and treated her like a person. He explained what he exp
Maria Angie Mendoza
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Theirs was the greatest love of all and not a typical taboo romance. The forbidden aspect of this love story is just one nugget that makes this gripping, emotional, and passionate read unputdownable.
There's so much more to this story of love.
Choices, sacrifice and acceptance and the price we pay for it are the main caveats of this read.
My emotions that were on high alert as the story of Saoirse and Diarmuid unfolded.
Their heartfelt, slow burn love story spanned years as they struggled with soc
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly
Irish Kiss by Sienna Blake is hands down a completely addicting book!  On the surface it’s about a teenage girl and a man who’s a decade older than her who also happens to be her juvenile liaison officer. The story of Saoirse and Diarmuid is complicated, messy and so full of love. Saoirse has a father whose in jail and a completely neglectful mother. After a wrong place, wrong time type of incident she gets assigned to Diarmuid. Diarmuid goes above and beyond for the kids assigned to him, always ...more
maureen
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely fantastic!! I loved every minute!! It’s such an angst filled love story that spans several years. You will be on the edge of your seat and won’t be about to put it down. The characters are beautifully written!! This is a must read!!
Julie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best slow burns I have ever read. Makes me think that soul mates are for real.
This is a voluntary review of an ARC.
Codie  Riddell
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Irish Kiss is my first book by Sienna Blake. I started out loving it; the writing is great and very detailed. The chemistry between the characters is strong, with a great storyline and dialogue. Unfortunately, for me, it was too long and too drawn out. It goes back and forth between Now and Then as well as dual POV, which I found just became too repetitive. I think I would have loved it if it were two books.

Dairmuid Brennan is sweet and kind; he loves “his kids.” He’s a Juvenile Liaison Officer
Ambrosia
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Not everyone is able to do correctly the forbidden aspect of a romance but the author did it brillantly, we could feel the pull between them and the battle the hero was fighting with himself To resist his attraction for saoirse, the fact that we were able to see their relationship grow made the connection and the angst between them even stronger. But i gave 3 stars because the unnessary drama at the end messed it up a little bit for me.
SPOILER
The drama with Ava at the end was a little bit too
Avidez Literaria
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Saiorse Quinn is the daughter of a criminal and an addict. Since his father, Liam Byrne, was arrested she lives with her mother in Dublin. She keeps two things from her father: the promise that he would return to her and advice never to trust a policeman.

Despite his father's advice, Saiorse will entrust a police officer with all his heart. The problem? He is 10 years older than her and is her JLO, that is, he is a designated mentor so that she does not become a repeat offender in her infraction.
EpicRomanceReviews
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
⭐)
.•.•⭐) .•⭐')
(.• (.•`
❤~🌟~❤ 4 GLORIOUSLY TORTUROUS STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

“ You have my skin. And I have yours.”

When I read the blurb for IRISH KISS, a story about a troubled young woman who falls hard for a big, roughhewn, MUCH OLDER police officer, I knew this book was going to leave me enraptured! And boy did it ever!!

THE STORY:

When 24 year old Diarmuid Brennan, a juvenile liaison officer, meets his new “assignment,” 13 year old Saoirse Quinn after she’s had a run in with the local Garda, sparks f
Brigitte
This story is dark and intense, but I have reservations about some of its aspects. I am conflicted about the line between duty of care and professionalism.

Diarmuid is a Juvenile Liaison Officer and cares deeply for those in his care for he has first hand experience from being in their positions.

Saoirse is nearly fourteen. Her father is absent and her mother doesn't give her any love or attention. She is neglected and pretty much alone.

Saoirse makes the mistake of joining one of the boys from her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Get Sienna's complete Bound duet as a 'Thank You' gift when you sign up for her newsletter
bit.ly/FreeBoundDuet

Sienna Blake is a dirty girl, a wordspinner of smexy love stories and an Amazon Top 20 & USA Today Bestselling Author.

She lives in Dublin, Ireland, where she enjoys reading, keeping fit and adding to her personal harem of Irish hotties ;)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
“I was "older" in my head than some people twice my age. But the stupid government mandated an arbitrary measure, days on this earth, to account for ability or maturity.” 0 likes
“So much of our lives was determined with the luck of the dice. Where you were born. Who you were born to. Even if we managed to build an "equal society", these things would still remain unequal.” 0 likes