Start by marking “Returning Home” as Want to Read:
Returning Home

Returning Home

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
At fifteen, I fell in love with Luke Runyan.

With just one look, one touch, he became my world until he shattered my heart into a million pieces. No one meets their soulmate when they’re only a kid, yet convincing my heart to move on is a task I never mastered.

My heart has only ever belonged to one woman, Samantha Harris.

Sam had dreams; dreams I couldn’t deliver, whic
Kindle Edition
Published December 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Returning Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Returning Home

Dri ✰
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3 stars!!! ★

Leitura rápida e boazinha pra passar o tempo.
AJ
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
“When your heart finds its soulmate, life will always find a way of bringing you back together.”

4 short and sweet stars

This is a short novella and a really quick read, but Riann C. Miller has managed to deliver a heartfelt story of a man struggling to come to terms with his past, and of childhood sweethearts reunited.

The book dives right into the story, 12 years after Luke broke Sam’s heart and left town. Now he’s home and recovering from an injury he earned while serving overseas, and his home
Emma Johnston
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella. It was short, sweet and sexy. It was a great second chance romance but it did make me cry a little.
Tania's Book Blog
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lol I want more of Luke and Sam!!! I literally turned the pages several times to make sure I didn’t miss some hidden chapters, hahahahahaha.

This novella was a lot of things wrapped up in a short time. You got lots of emotions, sad also happy moments but it balanced out. It had a little anger because of Luke and Sam’s past but more of a misunderstanding that was never clarified when they were high school sweethearts. While Sam carried that anger for the 12 years that they hadn’t seen each other L
Angie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you love second chance romances that leave your heart all a flutter...then Returning Home (a novella) is the one for you. This was my first book by author Riann Miller, but I can say it will not be my last. I loved her the authors style of writing. I know in novella's its hard to give a full story but she got to the heart of the characters and gave us a beautiful HEA.

Samantha Harris found the love of her life at the young age of 15. Well, she knew her heart and knew that Luke Runyan was the o
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book addicts for an honest review.

I've read a few books previously by this author and really enjoy her work, so I jumped at the chance to read Returning Home. This short novella was a great second chance romance I love Luke and Sam.

This story starts twelve years after Luke walked away from Sam without so much as a goodbye. After joining the military and serving his country, he's injured and is now back in his home town, the one pla
Shannon Godwin
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great short story! I do wish it had been longer but it was well worth the read. I always look forward to Miller's books.
Amber Goodwin
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book had it all! Hot and sexy, sweet and romantic, and heartbreaking. I didn't want to put this one down! Loved this second chance romance!

Sam has made a life for herself after Luke destroyed her heart.
Luke has come back injured and the only nurse he needs can't stand him.
Will they be able to resist the pull that is still there after all these years?
michelle Shelly
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet little read!

I really enjoyed this. It's short, sweet and emotional. Yes, I cried several times. Happy tears and sad tears. The characters are wonderful and I love books based in small towns. It's a great second chance romance.
Samantha Johnson
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won an ARC of this book and it was really good. I do wish it had been longer and a little more detailed.
Paula Genereau
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing and I couldn't stop reading it. it left me breathless in some spots but it was so worth it. the storyline was amazing
Chantal Baxendale
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say that this author has never let me down. This is just another fantastic read. I loved every minute of it. The story felt so real and raw and just wonderful.
Kathleen
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story. I loved how it kept me glued to the pages and kept me wanting to know more about Sam and Luke.

It was a quick read and I love the chemistry of the characters which made it so much easier to read. Riann does wonderful work with her books and looking forward to the next book.
Dawne
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautiful second chance romance that will tug at your heartstrings.
LettyT
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are some books that are worth way more than five stars. There are some authors that no matter what they write it'll be good. I've read every book this author has written and I've loved every one of the books.

She's wonderful at writing second chance romance, at new romance, at all romance. With each book you feel as if you're right there, that you're one of the characters. This book is no different. Luke Runyan and Samantha Harris are a young couple that are just meant to be.

Life has a way
Teri
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
OK novellas are not bad except for when it's a story like this and all you want is more. This author gives us a story about a couple who lost 12 years of their lives due to outside influence. Now that they have seen each other again some truths surface. There are some very touching moments in the book but mostly just a story about understanding what happened and why. I love second chance romances and this was a good one that made me sigh deeply in a good way. Truly enjoyable.
Lisa
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Riann C. Miller, and I just love it when I find a new author to add to the ever growing list of faves.
This short sweet novella was emotional, romantic, and all kinds of sexy. Packed full of all the feels, and I couldn't get enough. I fell in love with these characters. Sam and Luke are perfect for each other. I can't wait to see what Miller brings us next!
Jeanette Book-Reviews
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star, kindle-read
**4.5 Stars!**
Kimberlee
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberlee by: Amazon Kindle Unlimited
Four Delightful Stars

What a sweet novella of boundless love. Sometimes puppy love is real love.
Shani
She thought they could take on the world and he was the one. He thought he wasn’t worthy of her love. One was ready to give everything up to be together, the other was ready to walk away to give the other a life they deserved. In the end, they made choices that would haunt them.

Luke has returned home to a mess of problems. He was retired from the military after a devastating injury. On top of that his Mom has been keeping secrets from him. To add to all of that, Sam returns to his life. She’s an
Christie72
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
“…when your heart finds its soulmate, life will always find a way of bringing you back together.”

Returning Home is an enjoyable and emotional second chance romance. Twelve years ago, Luke left the girl, Sam, who he thought was his forever behind, shattering both his and Sam’s hearts. He has returned home to his small town with an injury while in combat. As fate would have it, Sam is the home health nurse assigned to help rehabilitate him. As Sam notes, fate has never been kind to her, so why sho
Marcy Barth
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story about Luke, Sam and Katie.

Luke and Sam had a past. One that was full of love and broken hearts. Sam has moved on and loves her job as a home health nurse in her home town. That is, until she gets the file on her newest client.

Luke comes home after being gone for too long and he’s injured. He didn’t want to come back and face his past but deep down he knew it was time. What he wasn’t expecting was having to face it quite so soon when his home health nurse happens t
Kim  Brewing
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you don't need a long story to get a whole story.

I was drawn to this as it was a second chance story and it didn't disappoint. As most boys/men his age, Luke messed up and it takes 12 years and a war injury to set things to right. Can Sam forgive the boy who broke her heart and love the man that returns home? I enjoyed the whole cast of characters and found this to be an enjoyable read
Jennifer Hanson
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Riann and I really enjoyed it. I loved Sam's personality and couldn't help but adore Katie. Luke came across a little harsh at the beginning but by the time I got to the end, I found that I really liked him too. My only complaint about this novella is that it should be a full length book...I wanted more Sam and Luke! I'm looking forward to reading more books by Riann.
Julie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Romance

Good short second-chance novella. It relies on certain cliches/tropes and a reliance on the heroine and hero not having truly moved on. With the extra at the end from another book (three chapters) I thought it was going to go on for a bit longer; I prefer if there was a blurb and a link.
Megan Asmus
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book couldn't fill my heart anymore than it has!! Left me with all the feels! Luke and Samanthas love is that in which is what everyone seeks! With the heartbreak and loss to get there!! Absolutely LOVED this book!
D²
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nikkita
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chances

I enjoyed this book, loved all of the characters. Love that the feeling I was left after reading was, what's meant to be, will always find a way.
Rose
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second chance novels are my favorite to read. This was the first book I have read by this author and I must say I will be reading more from her. This is a sweet and sexy novella.
« previous 1 3 next »
Suggestions 1 2 Apr 05, 2018 01:39PM
Riann C. Miller is the author of eight contemporary romance novels. Her new release, Returning Home is available now!

Riann (pronounced Ry-an) lives in Kansas with her husband and two teenaged children. When she’s not reading, or writing, she usually enjoying a Royals game.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/authorriannm...

Riann's Readers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/61308...

Twitter https://twi

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I gave up the life I wanted, for the life I needed and now I don’t have either.” 0 likes
“My mind wants to wander to a time in my life when everything felt perfect, when she belonged to me but instead I force myself to stay in the present – a place where this beautiful creature hates me.” 0 likes