Start by marking “Where the Shadow Lies” as Want to Read:
Where the Shadow Lies

Where the Shadow Lies

Jael Tindle buried the truth of her past twenty years ago to protect her son from its horror.

But some secrets refuse to remain entombed.

When the past comes back to haunt them, everything becomes jeopardized. Her sanity. His humanity. Their safety.

Through an intricate and deadly chain of events, Jael relies on the help of Private Investigator, Zande
Published April 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Where the Shadow Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Shadow Lies

Start your review of Where the Shadow Lies
Rebel Farris
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I almost never read 3rd person stories. Mostly because I connect with stories when I can place myself as a part of the scene, an actor in that world. I’m not going to lie, in the beginning, I struggled to get into this story for that reason. But by chapter three there was a shift. The way Cassie Sharp's prose was written worked some kind of magic over my brain, reeling me in and keeping me entranced. Unable to put it down because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

I can c
Nikki
My heart breaks for every book that doesn't get the amount of readership it deserves. This is DEFINITELY one of those stories that need to be out there, devoured by many.

A little dark, a whole lot of bravery and hope. BRAVERY and HOPE. These two things filled my soul after getting lost in the characters whom I all fell so deeply connected with. It honestly felt like they were all a part of me now, and that I have taken every bit of their heartache and courage within me.

I'm telling y
Leila
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
An Exceptional Debut Novel.

Talk about a magnificent book hangover.

It’s hard to believe this novel is indeed the work of a Debut Author, without a doubt this is one of the best books I’ve read to date.

It will take you on an unforgettable journey of epic proportions, have you on the edge of your seat and keep you guessing until the very end.

Where the Shadow Lies is beautifully scripted in a way that will cause your pulse to race and your heart to ache, you will be left wanting more, long aft
Erica Russikoff
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am one member of a wife/husband book review team. Here's our book review from shesaidhesaidbookreviews.com.

She Said:

This is a first for us: an indie book! And not just any indie book...a mystery! While this book was my pick, it's definitely more of Matt's genre. I can't remember the last mystery I read...The Da Vinci Code? I know, I know. I suck. But romances and women's fiction power up my heart. That being said, I loved this book. L-O-V-E-D.

Before I get to
Katie Tawoda
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book. I'm so glad that I was.
Here's why:

The first thing that I want to say is....Wow, what a story.

This book was amazing. I started reading this coming off of a book from my favorite author. usually when I finish a book like the one I had just read if I immediately start a book I usually cannot finish it because I'm too hung up on the previous story.

I was afraid that this would happen with this book but I was wrong. This story was so good. I w
Victoria Anne
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What did I just read?! A debut novel and one of the best thrillers I’ve read yet. This story gave me chills and the way Cassie slowly revealed things kept me on my toes to the very end. I loved how Gran balanced out the creepy elements with a healthy dose of humor. I can’t wait to see what’s next for this author!
A.D. McCammon
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an incredible debut! If this is the kind of exceptional writing we get from Cassie out the gate, I can’t wait to see what she brings us next.
Himanish Prabhakar
My review is 4.5 stars.

Ahem! Ahem! I think Cassie is mine 27th Debut Author I read this year. I'm on debut author's spree and I must admit that there are few authors whom I can say they just blew the mind with there debut book. This book is absolutely like a nice strong Tequilla. I read this book last night and still, I'm thinking about the book non-stop. I put this book in Romance-Mystery-Drama-Suspense-Thriller. A thriller that made me blew my mind, blood pump at the highest pressu
Crystal Blanton
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the very first suspense I have ever read. I tend to stay in my comfort zone but decided to give this author a try. Boy am I glad I did. What an incredible, nail-biting, crazy ride I went on with this story. The author had me captivated and guessing (wrong might I add) the entire time and then left me with a book-hangover for days to come. For a debut author, her words are wise and polished beyond her years. I will be one-clicking all of Cassie's future novels from here on out.
Breann
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
This was a long one to get through but man oh man!!!! Worth the long read!! This author is brand new and what a way to introduce herself to the book world!!! I went in knowing that I would probably have horrible anxiety for a little while during this read and couldn’t wait to finish it!!

So many things happened throughout this book that keep you on the edge of your seat and nails firmly in your mouth from being bitten off because you just can’t cope. I love a good suspense book and I
Debbie
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read from this author and it's a solid debut that I really enjoyed reading. I'd describe it as a dark mystery/suspense with romantic undertones. The relationship between the MCs was front and center but it didn't quite cross into what I'd consider romance territory. That's not a bad thing just an observation. It also toyed with becoming a thriller but fell short, as the villain was almost a non-entity, which did disappoint me a bit. And not just because I love a good villain, bu ...more
Chasity
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing debut. The writing blew me away. Cassie has such an amazing talent for telling a vivid story. The plot blew me out of the water, I thought I had it figured out somewhere along the way but boy was I wrong! I never even saw it coming. I honestly couldn't put this book down once I started, the action and suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and continuously turning the page. Such a brilliant read and I plan on reading everything Cassie puts out. She's got a long time fan here.
Kat
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 brilliant stars.

First off, the author’s writing was outstanding! Plot, character development, suspense, goriness. All A pluses. If you enjoy authors like Gillian Flynn or Paula Hawkins then this is right up your alley. This is an author to watch out for👏🏽👍🏽
Amanda Jones
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! What a ride this book was! One of the best books I’ve read this year!
Holly H
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing, edgy, dark, unexpected. This was everything I wanted in a mystery/suspense. Cassie Sharp’s vivid writing kept me on my toes this entire novel, and just when I thought I’d have something figured out, the script was flipped. There was just enough mystery in this plot to keep me turning the pages while at the same time remaining streamlined.

I especially admired Jael, the main character. She was a complex yet no-frills woman with simple needs, concealing a twisted past. She’s a survivor
Crystal Blanton
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Megan BG
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BookNerdCarmen
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great debut!

I couldn’t stop reading once I started. This has been an amazing book for a debut. When I thought I knew what was going on in the story, something happened to make me realized I was completely wrong.
VMChick
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great debut novel by Cassie Sharp! Lots of great twists and turns and surprises along the way. A really dark but enjoyable read.
Cassie Sharp
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
To celebrate my birthday this weekend, I'm giving away Where the Shadow Lies, FREE on amazon bit.ly/theshadowlies
"The title baited me. The story hooked me. The end reeled me in." - She Said, He Said Book Reviews.
Do not miss out bit.ly/theshadowlies
Ricketta Mills
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing!!
It started off kinda slow for me, then next thing I knew, I was reading it all the time, trying to find out what happens next. It truly was an experience. I find myself so wrapped into the characters, I want to know what happens after this story is final.
This will be book I will read again and look for clues the 2nd time around. I didn't see the "whodunit" as the "whodunit". I wish I had caught it and I'm curious if there were Easter eggs I missed.

I can't wai
Stacy Wray
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a ride. Cassie Sharp sure knows how to weave a suspenseful tale. This is a great debut novel, packed with intrigue, twisted turns, and even some romance. If you enjoy a great mystery that keeps you second-guessing, this is your read. Great job.
Kathi
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What to say about this book. It took me a while to get into this book. I almost gave up on it, so glad I kept going. The book is well written and the first half for me was a bit to much, very slow read, I kept going though and then bam! It’s like a switch happened and your heart rate is up and your mind is all over the place trying to figure it all out. Well done.
Brynn
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Truly this one is a hard one to review for me.
I enjoyed the story. I have a hard time reading novels that are 3rd person. They just don't connect as much with me. Personal preference came into play with this review. It is a good story and plot. The only reason it's not 5 stars is because I had a hard time getting through it. 3rd person almost had me putting it down.
Kelly
Ronald Campbell
Mar 26, 2019
Tracy
Jun 20, 2018

• Folsom (End of Men, #1)
  • The Rules of Burken
  • Jackal (End of Men, #2)
  • F*ck Marriage
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: A Novel
  • Murder at Cluster Springs Raceway: A Brandon Hall Mystery
  • Firm Resolve
  • No Justice (Michael Sykora #1)
  • Tiny Drops
  • Desert Rose
  • The Calm Within
  • Pippa
  • Where the Heart Is
  • Love and Madness
  • I Like You, I Love Her: A Novel
  • Guilt by Association
  • In the Gray (In This Moment #3)
  • The Rebound: A Novel
A lover of mysteries, outcasts, and plot twists, Cassie Sharp brings them all to life in her writing. Author of Where the Shadow Lies (available NOW) and many more novels to come.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cassiesharpa...