Start by marking “The Finish Line (Arkadia Fast, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Finish Line (Arkadia Fast, #1)

The Finish Line

(Arkadia Fast #1)

Another night at the races is more than burnt rubber with a hit of nitrous. For one young woman, it's navigating trauma, love, and loss in the stifling Texas heat under the watchful gaze of her brother’s best friend and reigning King of the Streets, Jordan Slater. Home in Arkadia again, Raelynn Casey starts to heal from a terrible incident at college. She finds love in Jor ...more
Published December 11th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Finish Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Finish Line

Start your review of The Finish Line (Arkadia Fast, #1)
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“The Finish Line” is a fast-paced, energetic romance novel not for the faint of heart.

Read full review in the 2018 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
N.N. Light
She returns home from college but not for the reason she tells her family and friends. Her self-worth shattered, the only thing she can count on is the sexual tension between her and Jordan. He rebuffed her long ago but she's a different woman now. Can they explore their mutual feelings or will they crash and burn?

If you're a street racing fan or love car racing, you'll love this new adult romance. The author describes racing life down to the intricate slang. It brought back memories
Negeen Papehn
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough about this book! If you love romance with a fast paced storyline, then The Finish Line is the book for you. The author's ability to weave the excitment of the street racing culture, through the innocence of first loves not forgotten, is beautiful. Every chapter had me wanting more, as she pulled me in with her characters. I was rooting for Rae, and swooning over Jordan. And when I turned the last page, I couldn't help but want more. Pick it up, you won't be sorry!
P.J.
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! I hated every time I had to put it down to do something else, and I wanted it to never end. This author knows how to make you feel everything the characters are feeling. There is raw emotion and passion, and I even learned a little about street racing! Highly recommend.
Cassandra
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was prepared to not really enjoy this book as much as some others that I have read in the past. I consider myself an avid reader, and it was honestly out of my wheelhouse in genre. I am very happy to say that I was wrong. I could not put the book down.
My hand was cramping from griping my Kindle all day to find out what happened next to the characters. Seriously, I one point I had to make a makeshift stand from blankets and pillows to that I could rest my hands after thoroughly stressing out m
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. (Netgalley) This was a young lovers second chance book, or maybe even third. We read about Rae who has just returned home from college after having a horrible thing happen to her in college. She reacquaintes with her brother’s bestfriends which also includes the love of her life the boy that rejected her and sent her fleeing. These young people go thru so much drama love triangles, death. I found it sad.
Charlene Namdhari
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an arc and all opinions are my own. First off I’m not a fan of first person books yet for some reason the author managed to keep me engaged from the very first page. If you’re into street racing you will enjoy this thoroughly. The descriptions are detailed and pull you in right down to the smell of engine oil. The story revolves around Rae and her return from college after a bad experience and her connection with Jordan, her brother’s friend and a sort of second chance ac ...more
Tracey
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have never read this author's work before so this was my first experience and it was quite enjoyable. I immediately wanted to read this book after reading the blurb because I'm very much into street racing, muscle cars, etc., so I was anxious to see if it was what I expected it to be. That being said, it was quite informative as far as street racing goes and it made for a different type of romantic storyline. I liked that the characters are felt like family which is exactly what happens in thi ...more
Victoria Haugen
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like the love/racing theme, I thought this was a really great book - lots of feelings all around, very intense with a lot of emotion. Will Raelynn & Jordan's love survive the turmoils ahead? Read and find out, it's a fantastic ride! I really enjoyed it, I liked the writing and the narration, thought all around a very good job. Would definitely listen to more from both author and narrator. If you like action and romance, you'll like this! :)
I was given this free review copy audiobook at
Jin
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me preface this by saying I am not generally a fan of contemporary romance. I dig the historical, give me fancy gowns and pirates any day of the week but. . . Ms. Scott managed to do what few contemporary authors have been able to do, and that is to make me give a damn about the characters. I was invested from the start, I've enjoyed every second of my read and am looking ridiculously forward to the rest of this series.
poppy
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a fun romance then this is worth reading. I don't often read books with street racing in them and was not sure if I would enjoy it but I don't know why I was worried it was very well written with a decent plot and good characters. I really enjoyed it am looking forward to checking out more of Leslie's books.
Katie Hansen
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just couldn't get enough of it and once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend that you read it.
Rhonda Gilmour
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I learned a lot about the world of street racing through this book, and Leslie Scott writes those scenes extraordinarily well. Her passion for the sport really shines through. Overall, it was an enjoyable romance with steamy sexual tension, though the sex scenes are not explicit. I found the heroine’s anger, angst and guilt a bit over the top in places, ditto her sister’s. No doubt some readers will enjoy that level of slogging through drama. Scott creates likable main and secondary characters, ...more
Mary Mccormack
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very well written book and really great characters. This a good book for you if you like race driver car romances. There is a lot of drama in both main characters lives.
Brandi Atchison
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful story! Highly recommend reading this book. All romance lovers will not be disappointed. Realynn and Jordan will take you on a journey you will not forget!
Tracie R
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
3.5 Stars A second chance romance The Finish Line is a good start to the Arkadia Fast series. I like the characters and storyline and will be reading more.
Melinda Blache
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I really enjoyed this book. It was my first by this author but will not be my last. This book is well written and kept me engaged from the first page to the end. The story has many twist and turns through out the book. I found myself laughing our loud one minute and tearing up the next. I would recommend this book to everyone.

I received a copy from Netgallery for my honest opinion.
me
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it... could not put it down.. every character had made an impression... Amazing author can't wait to read more
Misti
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a new author, Leslie Scott delivers. Love, romance, tragedy, forgiveness all seen through the eyes of RaeLynn Casey in a race-fueled small town. The Casey family lives and breathes racing. RaeLynn must overcome her past to embrace love and a future worth fighting for. Scott's debut novel will not disappoint. It is a can't put down, page turner.
Jenn Bradshaw
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Leslie Scott brings the high-octane, sizzling romance to her readers in book 1 of the Arkadia Fast series, The Finish Line.

Raelynn Casey comes from a family steeped in street racing, and she's just returned home from a disastrous attempt at running away from everything she's known. What else can a girl do when the man she's loved all her life tells her he doesn't want her? Problem is, running away only created more problems, and Raelynn isn't about to tell her family, let alone her a
Amy Vida
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was grateful to receive a free copy of The Finish Line in exchange for an honest review. This book was written for a very specific audience that lives and breathes car racing. There were a lot of references to technical terms linked to racing which didn't interest me. I also found the main characters, Raelyn and Jordan to be immature and annoying. There was just way too much drama and everyone was always getting jealous or mad and then wanting to fight or race. Unfortunately this was not a goo ...more
DaBabyDoll
Nicole Rohan
Dec 16, 2017
Cynthia patino
Dec 21, 2017

• Shade Me (Nikki Kill, #1)
  • The Dirty Dozen (Tennison, #5)
  • All We Left Behind
  • The Lies About Truth
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Instant Attraction
  • The Line
  • Fix
  • Unpregnant (Unpregnant, #1)
  • Supernova Era
  • Takes One to Know One
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • Save Me from Dangerous Men (Nikki Griffin, #1)
  • The Future of Another Timeline
Leslie Scott thrives in the middle of chaos. Not because she home schools her son and rides herd over the family's zoo of indoor pets or listens to her soul mate wax poetically about all things car and related. Oh, no. That's nothing. The real chaos is the characters in her mind, elbowing and tripping each other to get to the front of the line so they can be the next romantic couple in one of her ...more

Arkadia Fast (2 books)
  • Hot Lap (Arkadia Fast, #2)