Start by marking “Blind Kiss” as Want to Read:
Blind Kiss

Blind Kiss

A powerful story of two people who spend years denying their scientifically-proven chemistry.

Penny spends her afternoons sitting outside a sandwich shop, surrounded by ghosts. Fourteen years ago, this shop was her childhood dance studio... Now she’s a suburban housewife, dreading the moment her son departs for MIT, leaving her with an impeccably decorated McMansion and a f
Published August 14th 2018 by Atria Books

Christy
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!!!

photo IMG_1795_zpssdwste4i.png

I'm not sure if I've ever read a book so frustrating before. Seriously, this one messed me up. I finished it days ago and I don't know if I loved it or hated it. I have no idea how I felt about the story or the characters. Renee Carlino is one hell of a writer, though and she sure did make me feel. I felt so many emotions while reading this story. Not all of them were good, but they were all strong and powerful and that says a lot about this story! It's not very often that a story ef
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
***Now Available***

Gonna be straight up honest, this book took a year off my life. So be warned, you want angst, you want emotional frustration, crave the chase, seek lie after lie, and literally after years, and I mean years, you get what your heart has been dying for, then this is your book. My poor heart. My poor heart ached throughout this one

I’m gonna be vague, maybe a bit confusing but I don’t want to give too much away

We start off falling in love with a strong, independent woman,
jessica
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is, without a doubt, the most emotionally draining and painfully frustrating book i have ever read. but goodness me, i am so in awe of how a story could be so imperfectly perfect.

yes, the characters had their flaws, but neither of them were unlikable. they were real and honest and relatable. they were the type of characters that slowly grew on you - the type of characters who, by the end of the book, you would do anything for. i spent so much time whilst reading this just heartbroken that
KAS
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

Talk about squirm in my seat angsty-ness!!

So, Me and Angst are bosom buddies! The more angst the better. A friend of mine told me if I liked angst, this one was for me, so of course, I pounced.

By chapter two, the heaviness in my chest started. I was on pins and needles wondering where this story would lead. My heart definitely knew which way I wanted the scenario to play out and the suspense was killing me.

And by darn, I was going to be steaming mad if I didn’t get MY outcome.

Okay, so I am goi
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“It’s been this way forever. I’ve always been your lover...for a lifetime in my mind.”

This a frustrating story yet I loved it even though so much pain and distance was self inflicted by the main characters. I was glued to every word and every scene. Well done what a ride!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
4.5 Stars

THIS BOOK. THIS FREAKING BOOK. What a whirlwind! Wow! You’re either going to LOVE it or HATE it. These characters are infuriating, undeniably flawed and frustrating and addicting and compelling and beautiful. THE FEELS. I don't even know what to say, what to think, where to start, but it most definitely bears repeating: THIS IS A LOVE OR HATE IT TYPE OF READ. Penny and Gavin are intense. In fact, their chaotic story demands your attention. It screams for it, relentlessly pursues it, and
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Penny and I still had a spark that couldn’t be snuffed out. All the plans I’d drawn for the life I thought we’d have together were playing out in some parallel universe. Even if I was stuck in this stupid version of us, where she was encouraging me to go out with other women, I knew there was a Penny and Gavin living as a couple out there, right along beside us.

Renee Carlino has a knack for writing some of the most angst-filled stories I’ve e
Malene
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about angst galore. My heart is beating overtime after finishing Blind Kiss. Holy moly I’m exhausted emotionally after have experienced Penny and Gavin’s story. Their story is one emotional roller coaster. My primary emotion while reading Blind Kiss was frustration. I was frustrated with Penny and Gavin. Frustrated by their choices and of course because their story didn’t went where I wanted it to go but that’s also why I enjoyed Blind Kiss so much. Their fourteen years of friendship is fil ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I'm not going to lie to you, THIS. BOOK. KILLS. As I sit here writing this review, my heart is still pounding out of my chest. I'm a burning pile of fiery rage and shaky nerves and conflicting thoughts and intense feelings at this very moment and I dont even know how to turn all of that into a coherent review. This book is INFURIATING. It's MADDENING. It takes ANGST and sexual tension and raw emotion and catapults it into another realm. I don't even have words to describe how angry and sad and d ...more
Gabby
Holy shit I didn’t expect to love this as much as I did. Before We Were Strangers is one of my all time favorite books but Wish You Were Here was one of my least favorite books I've ever read, so I was torn whether or not I should read this one! I'm happy to say I really enjoyed this one! This is my favorite book from Renee Carlino since Before We Were Strangers!

This book follows Penny, a dancer and Gavin, a car mechanic. While in college they both participate in a psychological study on kissing
Ashley
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
View this review and many more at: Ashes Books & Bobs.

ARC was generously provided through a Facebook giveaway in Renee’s fan group.

If you have been an avid reader for any length of time, you’re sure to have experienced the dreaded (possibly at times, coveted) book hangover. While I’ve read many awesome five star books this year, I’ve only experienced one book hangover until this point. Friends, I was drunk on Renee Carlino’s writing, straight up binge-reading-drunk on Blind Kiss. I started
Dilek VT
Apr 18, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Shelves: second-chances
I don't favor second chance romance and fourteen years' separation is such a waste of time. Her son is going to college and her marriage is falling apart. Nope, too late for me to be interested in their HEA. I would be frustrated at their stupid choices, decisions and the loss of time.
Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

"I loved women, especially the weird ones. But Penny was more unique and talented and beautiful than any girl I had ever met."

The blurb is the perfect summary of this book. It all started with the blind kiss experiment, during which the sparks flew off of Penny and Gavin. I was intrigued to see how things between these two characters would develop. Normally, I love the dark and broody types, however I loved Gavin's dramatic a
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
The premise of Blind Kiss is intriguing, and I confess I expected there to be some angst. What I didn’t expect was for the book to leave me mentally exhausted and exasperated.

The book opens with high intensity in the present day. There’s so much raw emotion and crazy behavior that I couldn’t help but get sucked in. I wanted to know what led the characters to such a desperate point in their lives.

Rewind to fourteen years ago and we see how Penny and Gavin met. This was one of the most enjoyable p
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Renee Carlino Fans, Romance
3.5 Own Worst Enemy Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Think About it...You are blindfolded, standing in front of a man or woman and you will be kissing them without seeing what they look like. There will be a quick hello, your senses will take in the scents around you, the intensity of what you hear and when the hands of this person touches your body at your waist...how will you respond...

Will lips be soft and coaxing...
Or will they be demanding...
Will you want more instinctively...
Or will you shut dow
AJ
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, romantic, angstfest, drama
2 ‘self-inflicted-angstfest’ stars

This story is a hot mess. An angst-ridden ‘romance’ riddled with bad decisions, unnecessary heartache and a whole lot of frustration. There are readers out there who will love it, for me, it was hours of my life spent mostly eye-rolling and I finished it with an overall feeling of ‘meh’. So forgive me while I purge my feels.

Me while reading:

I was wary going into this book seeing how others were reacting to it, but I’m a big fan of Renee’s and was curious enough
Jiana
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I’m so angry.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

I love Renee Carlino's books. They remind me of CoHo's. However, this one was a disaster. The reason this book is 2 stars and not 1 is because Carlino's writing is still amazing and easy and because Gavin was a beautiful soul who deserved way better than selfish, whiny, dramatic Penny, the MC. Gavin reminded me so much of CoHo's male characters and that's why I loved him so much.

Ok my #1 issue in this book and I admit ruined the book greatly for me is Penny. I
*TANYA*
Yeah, this book had many of the clichés that frustrate me about a romance story. The back and forth, indecision’s, missed opportunities because of miscommunication and yet it worked for me. I was ready to give up on it, in fact I had started it and then set it aside. The bestie said I had to read it, and so I did and I loved it.
Grey
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Buckle up, friends. You realize it's 2 a.m. here on the East Coast, right? I finished this book almost an hour ago, but can't sleep... So now, you all are going to be the lucky recipients of a Goodreads rant/review, because my feelings are *ALL* over the map here.

First, the good...well, to me, the great and super important... Spotify playlist! However, heads up ~ the original playlist has some songs that are no longer playable, they are greyed out. I did, of course, make a new playlist because
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

What a refreshing and intense story.From the first pages I was hooked and intrigued.Blind Kiss was another fantastic read from Renee Carliino, if you love angst and slow burn them this is for you!

description

Gavin and Penny meet during an experimental study in college where they both agreed to kiss a total stranger while blindfolded in order to test their physical chemistry. They have great connection these two.The concept was brilliant I haven't read anything like this one.

Gavin and Penny's story is
Liber_Lady
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
*** ARC WAS GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Let me start by saying that this was my first Renee Carlino book. Yes. Shocking. I have heard a lot about this author and I had pretty high hopes from this one. But, I am definitely with the unpopular opinion here.

This book was a Gigantic case of FRIEND-ZONED FOREVER SYNDROME.

Gavin is the guy who has earned 1.5 out of the 2 stars that I rated. He was the guy who sailed hard till the end before the ship sunk for me.
Jamie
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Since I stumbled upon Before We Were Strangers, Carlino has become a must read author for me. The minute her books make their way to me, I must devour them immediately. Three years after reading Strangers, I’m still quick to recommend it to friends!

Unfortunately, this was not those books for me. While still interesting and a fast read, the relationship between Penny and Gabe was so drawn out that I just couldn’t root for them majority of the time. And the abrupt ending was kind of frustrating.

W
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
I went into this blind and didn't even read the blurb. Well, I got the full effect of this emotional second chance romance. I'll be honest, I struggled with how to rate this book because I didn't know how I felt about the sequence of events. I still don't even know if I like the main characters. At the end of the day, I decided that any book that had me in such an emotional turmoil deserves a high rating.

Penny and Gavin have the best kind of relationship! The chemistry was there from the start.
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
 photo DE617CC4-20A5-47F7-9644-ABB63F4D5151.jpg

EVERY SINGLE STAR FOREVER AND EVER!

”A decade’s worth of secrets and half-truths were crashing down on me as I stood in the cold, facing my husband of fourteen years and standing next to the love of my life. Who was I willing to hurt for more? Who was I willing to hurt more?”

Hey Sarah, what’s your favorite book of the year? Easy. BLIND KISS and it just released today! This was my first Renée Carlino book. I read this ARC a couple of months ago and it’s stuck with me since. I’m a forgetful
RentasticReads
“I wish it were you, Penny.”

I don’t even know where to begin. I don’t think I’ve stopped crying since I hit about 40% of this book. I couldn’t put it down. I couldn’t stop turning the pages and feeling everything. This book has certainly put my heart and soul through the wringer and I’m emotionally spent. Hell, tears are still streaming down my swollen and puffy eyes even as I’m writing this. Blind Kiss is definitely one of the BEST and a TOP READ of 2018! It just deserves all the damn stars
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
If I had to choose two words to describe the plot of Blind Kiss, it would be a massive case of bad timing. I’d add a side of stubbornness and stupidity but that’s me being picky about the heroine.

I’d noticed prior to reading this book, that readers were really frustrated with these two MCs. If you’re a fan of instant gratification, versus longer, more drawn out build to your love stories, Blind Kiss might have you throwing your kindle against a wall... just saying. I tend to get really pissy whe
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ⭐'s

“No, Penny, you’re not my Carissa or Lottie or Kimber. You’re my everything.”

Angst lovers you don’t want to miss this book!

Let's start with the rating...for me it’s always hard to rate a book that’s four, four point five or five stars. I sometimes get hung up on semantics and the other times I just have to go with my gut feeling. What makes a book a five star? Does it always have to meet all of your requirements or does it just have to make you feel good?

I guess I can say the reason th
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-top-fave
4.5 "oh how I love me some angst" STARS!

I love the heart palpitations that come from high-angst situations and Blind Kiss nearly KILLED ME but in an oh so delicious way!

You see our hero and heroine met in the most unlikely of situations—being in a blind kiss experiment testing whether or not you can have chemistry if you don't know what the other person looks like. When Penny and Gavin kiss and officially meet, it's awe-inspiring, magical... kismet... fate! *le sigh*

But fate has other plans... P
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
"What might have been? I thought. What could still be?"

I ended up loving this one but the angst factor is absolutely OFF THE CHARTS!! 'Blind Kiss' is a fabulous, emotion-filled, slow-burn romance with an incredible Epilogue.

Gavin and Penny meet during an experimental study in college. They both agreed to kiss a total stranger while blindfolded in order to test their physical chemistry. They have an incredible, earth-shattering connection that leads to them becoming...best friends! Gavin wante
Amber
This book was so addictive with angst, that I had to take a short break from my family and hide away to read. If you love books that span years, where the author makes the characters work for their HEA, then this book is for you. There is nothing fluffy and easy about this story. It seriously stressed me out, but I absolutely LOVED every bit of it.

In a sense, Blind Kiss reminded me of some of my favorite books - Drive by Kate Stewart and Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann. Like those books, Blind K

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Law of Attraction
  • Flutter
  • Malentendido: Misunderstood (Maldeamores, #2)
  • Code of Honor (Spontagio Family, #1)
  • Consume (Guardian Protection, #4)
  • Reconciled for Easter (Willow Park, #4)
  • When We Fall (Take the Fall, #2)
  • Fauxmance (Showmance, #2)
  • Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love, #2)
  • Mine for Now (Wild Love, #1)
  • Reaching Out for You (Never Letting Go, #1)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
  • I Like You, I Love Her: A Novel
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • Constant (The Confidence Game, #1)
  • The Face In The Mirror
  • In the Mind of a Dying Man
Renée Carlino is a bestselling author of contemporary women's novels and new adult fiction. Her books have been featured in national publications, including Cosmopolitan Magazine, InStyle Magazine, USA TODAY, Huffington Post, Latina magazine, Publisher's Weekly, Redbook, Sunset Magazine, Coastal Living and the Union Tribune. She lives in Southern California with her husband and two sons. When she' ...more
“I’m not trying to hurt you. I’m trying to keep you close.”
“I know, but it hurts to be this close.”
3 likes
“It’s been this way forever. I’ve always been your lover… for a lifetime in my mind.” 3 likes