Start by marking “Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)” as Want to Read:
Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)

Fire Watch

(Jack Widow #8)

#1 AMAZON BESTSELLER - Scott Blade is back with the eight fiery book in the Jack Widow series.

Jack Widow, all alone, hitchhikes across the country, trying to stay out of trouble, an impossible task.

Molly DeGorne works as a fire lookout on Grey Wolf Mountain in California's Redwood Country. For DeGorne, it's more than a summer job. It's a way to forget about her dead
Published February 10th 2018 by Black Lion Media

To ask other readers questions about Fire Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Watch

Start your review of Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)
T.W. Barton
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The newest in the series. What can I say? It ticks all the boxes that I love to read. It kept me reading non-stop from start to finish which is not really an easy thing to do. The biggest complaint I had was that it was just not long enough and oh ya, there isn't another book to read after this one yet.

The storyline was really detailed and made me want to go out and try being a fire watch. I think one of the biggest compliments you can give a book is while reading it it's so well written that
Jo-Anne
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, rmn, tbr-clean-up
I liked Jack Widow. He was an all-around good guy. As an exSEAL and NCIS agent, he was extremely skilled in protection. Which sure came in handy. Having free time as well as experience in being a fire watch, he took a temporary job filling in for a fire watch who couldn't make it. He got along well with his co-worker and nearest neighbour, Molly DeGorne. I liked how they got to know each other over the CB but rarely actually visited. The summer job started at just the right time for Molly. Her ...more
Arthur
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fire Watch by Scott Blade (Jack Widow #8)

Jack finds himself suddenly without a ride, walking west , not sure what state he's currently in or what highway he's on. Then, an old patrol car lights him up and he meets Sheriff Portman. Jack spends the night in jail but not under arrest. Then he picks up a book, titled "Fire Watch" and he remembers back more than a decade when he worked a summer as a Fire Watch in the mountains. He leaves the next morning heading north into mountain country and ends
Jeff Benham
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Possibly the best Widow yet. Molly DeGorne's house has burned down and her abusive husband was in it. He was a member of the SWATers, a quasi-legal group and he has stolen their money. Molly is a fire watcher and it was time for her to report, so she is getting out of town at a good time. Widow is headed north, following his wandering ways. He gets ditched by his ride, and after miles of walking, ends up at a fire watch station. The same one that Molly ends up at. The SWATers are not only ...more
Dave
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very quick read. It was what I would call a "guilty pleasure". Experienced military special forces guy, Jack Widow, is now an unemployed drifter. He meets people, (mostly attractive women) who are in serious need of help and uses his unique skills to save them from whatever is threatening them. I am guessing that all the rest of the books in the series follow a similar plot. In spite of this, I loved reading this book - the action-filled pace was non-stop and the protagonist was ...more
Susan Moore
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed thrill ride

This was Jack Widow at his best. He refers to himself as a nobody. But, if someone needs help he is there. Jack is drifting along when he walks to a fire watch tower, and offers to help until a replacement can come. He enjoys the solitude, hiking, and meeting other fire watchers. Crooked DEA agents find a fire watcher who found something they want. All hell breaks loose. Jack tries to help. Excellent, action-packed read. I highly recommend this book, and the series. Many
R Ricalde
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Fairly entertaining read but a poor Jack Reacher clone. Too many similarities to Reacher but I never really got into Widow. Lots of ups and downs in the story but much of it was really not credible. Ending seemed overly abrupt as if the author wan't sure how to end it. If your not a Reacher fan than Widow might be an alternative but would be helpful to know more about what makes Widow tick.
Marco Morissette
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WoW! Scott Blade keep getting better with every new Jack Widow story! As you can notice I did not put it down and not because I have to by obligation but because this book keep us on the edge and we just can’t wait to turn to the next page!! Now I will take a breath and hope the next one will be out soon! Thank to the author for sharing his great talent with us!!
Keith Withers
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scintillating Action

A real rough and tumble hombre, Widow. Finds himself miles from anywhere employed as a park fire watcher. At t j e same time a women wanted in connection f a possible murder of meets up with Widow and is posted to the next lookout post. What is the strange women doing? How will it erupt, erupt it does.
truenorth
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Prob 2.5 stars. The plot was surprisingly good in this book. It kept me reading and I actually finished the book. However Jack Widow is really not human. This guy is so perfect it kind of hurts. Also, I know people like to read about violence, but it was too much for me.
Jeanie Day
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Well worth the read

It's a pretty action filled book, and I thought it was a decent read. I did find the ending a bit anticlimactic, though. It could have easily had a more interesting ending.
Charlene Rowe
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Could have been really good.

Well written if only someone had heard of proofing. Why spend all that time building a story and strong characters and skip the important step of having someone clean up typos?
Birty
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Flawed Hero

Action, adventure, murder, mayhem. All of these are part of the Jack Widow world. This is my first book in this series and it was a great story. Clean, to the point and entertaining all the way.
Deborah Corbin
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Entertaining short read. Did not seem well developed, but I have not read the other books in the series. I may have been able to be more involved in the story if I had read the first books in the series.
John Karlson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a story!

Been a long time since I've read anything this good! Highly recommend this author - real good wordsmith, as good as Lee Child. Jack Reacher may have met his match.
Heather Machon
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

Character is very jack reacher like. Middle of story needed a little more happening, yet story was enjoyable enough to read and finish. Definitely will read another story
Richard Cowart
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another thriller

A new story and a new woman. After fighting corruption in Las Angeles Widow beats a hasty retreat to isolated northern California as a fire watch. There he meets another beautiful woman and the excitement continues.
Scott C. Sheffield
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Widow is a Wonder

Reacher with a difference. Widow is a nomad with a different edge; experienced Seals are like that. He is still the sheepdog who protects the flock and his dock is everyone.
Rachel Cacek
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great thriller

Realistic tale of cops and robbers. Wonderful characters, moving right along. Rogue agent planning murder and theft is in the beautiful northwest forest area. Well done.
Mary Rowe
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The Comparison to Lee Child’s Jack Reacher are Valid

Fast-paced, rollercoaster action with a nomadic drifter who lives by his own moral code and, at least from reading this one installment, rescues damsels and others in distress.

Entertaining fantabulation.
Alice Alvarez
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Corrupt DEA Agents

This is my first Jack Widow book. I read it in two days. I enjoyed the characters especially Jack Widow. I look forward to reading the next Jack Widow book. If you like Reacher you will love Jack Widow.
Samantha Smith
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Jack Widow series! Scott Blade has done it again...Bravo!

What a great series and character...is he Jack Reacher reincarnated? Or is he the prodigal son? can't wait for the next one!
Robbie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Jack Widow is a character that makes you ready for the next book in the series. This one was hard to put down; I rate it 5 stars.
John Roach,
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent character and a good worthwhile read
Javadude54
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jack Reacher fan fiction

If you like poorly written Jack Reacher fan fiction, then you will love this book because that's what it is.
Sue P.
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Jack Reacher Wanna-be

Not terrible, just a shadow of the real thing. Needs a competent editor to catch the punctuation and syntax errors, plus inappropriate word choices.
Dewey Carroll Brackett
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I enjoy the Jack Widow books. This one was a page Turner. The only objection was the ending seemed a little rushed.
GW
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
For Watch

Kind of lame, especially towards the end. The writing seemed fairly juvenile? I finished the book by just barely. Can't say that I'd recommend it.
Fran Howe
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoy Suspense?

Blade keeps you on edge of your seat....not even able to guess what is coming next but you know Widow is going to be very inventive.
Roger
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very good book, as the series has been.

• Shock Collar (Micah Reed #7)
  • Steel Force (Jack Steel #1)
  • Florida Son (Rip Lane, #2)
  • Scream Blue Murder (Jack Rutherford and Amanda Lacey, #7)
  • The Body Market (Leine Basso #3)
  • Shark Wave (Troy Bodean Adventure #6)
  • Wired Justice (Paradise Crime, #6)
  • Compromised: Thriller Suspense Series (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 6)
  • The Crime Beat: New York (A Cole & Warren Crime Thriller Book 1)
  • Clint Wolf Boxed Set: Books 7 - 9
  • Dead in Their Tracks (Mitch Kearns Combat Tracker #1)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • The Porter Series: Books 1-3
  • Once a Soldier
  • Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)
  • Cold Kill (Caine: Rapid Fire #2)
  • Lethal Incision (Dr. Zora Smyth Medical Thriller #2)
  • New York Strip (Rip Lane, #4)
USA TODAY and AMAZON BESTSELLER - Scott Blade is a Nomadvelist, a drifter and author. He writes the bestselling Jack Widow book series, two of which reached the Top 100 list on Amazon, knocking Harry Potter & Jack Reacher off the top spots, which angered one of the big publishers. Scott wears that fact as a badge of honor.

Scott Blade isn't a traditional novelist who spends his time stuck

Jack Widow (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gone Forever (Jack Widow, #1)
  • Winter Territory (Jack Widow, #2)
  • A Reason to Kill (Jack Widow, #3)
  • Without Measure (Jack Widow, #4)
  • Once Quiet (Jack Widow, #5)
  • Name Not Given (Jack Widow, #6)
  • The Midnight Caller (Jack Widow, #7)
  • The Last Rainmaker (Jack Widow, #9)
  • The Devil's Stop (Jack Widow #10)
  • Black Daylight (Jack Widow #11)