Start by marking “His Wife” as Want to Read:
His Wife

His Wife

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
After the tragic death of his beautiful wife, Nathan Randolph is looking for companionship. Timid Darby Turner is twenty years his junior and inexperienced in love, confidence, and life.

This unlikely couple marries after a whirlwind courtship. Darby has fallen in love for sure, and Nathan encourages her to explore a dark sexuality with him. Moving to his majestic, Souther
ebook
Published January 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about His Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Wife

Leonor
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
First thing first.. Beautiful cover and beautiful model.

My first indication should have been when I read the blurb but curiosity killed the cat.
The heroine feels second best to the hero first wife should have turned me off the book completely but I saw on one Facebook group that the hero was never in love with his dead wife and while that part was true .. (view spoiler)
Dilek VT
Mar 31, 2018 marked it as never-no-way
One hell of a hero and heroine...
The "assh*le & the doormat"

My friend Leonor's review:

Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
While I'm not fond of re-tellings, I'm even less fond of reading a re-telling without any indication of it being one. That being said, I actually liked this one.

When I read the blurb for His Wife, which I don't do often, I got excited because it had a Rebecca (by Daphne Du Maurier) feeling to it and I like that plotline a lot. But I didn't expect the book to mimic Rebecca so much.

Of course there were changes, it's not ALL the same, but most of it. There were a few changes here and there. I felt
Heather Ramsay
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a little bit naughty, a little bit nice and a whole lot of fun!

I must admit I love strong female leads, so watching Darby’s journey from the meek college graduate we meet on the first page to the confident lady of the house she becomes by the last, drew me in.

The best part of the book for me was Ashley’s writing style. The flow of the story and her great way with words had me excited to see what twists were coming next.

I’m keeping an eye on this author, and look forward to grabbing
Leigh Lennon
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Ms. Hastings debut novel so I say wow, super wow! I was immersed in the story right away. It is engaging with Nathan becoming the man of any woman's dreams. There is suspense and love and some raunchy and exciting sex. When you get to the heart of the matter with this book, your heart will mealt, making you long for your own Nathan. The heroine in this story is lovable and the reader will find themselves rooting for her. Darby is determined and her love for her man shows through. I look ...more
Jennifer Finn
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read Rebecca nor have I seen the movie and I’m kind of glad because after reading some reviews I probably wouldn’t have liked this book. Darby is 21 years old, she’s just graduated from the University of Maine with a degree in Library Science. She’s arrived in NYC for a little vacation with her Mother who is a busy real estate agent. Darby and her Mom were supposed to have dinner together but her mom ends up inviting Michael to join them. Apparently he’s the son of her mom’s friend wh ...more
S.E. Rose
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Wife is a great romantic suspense! How can I best describe it? If Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, Rebecca, and Jane Eyre had a baby, it would be His Wife (plus throw in a dash of steamy love scenes).
I love a good mystery and Ashley does not disappoint. I couldn’t put the book down. Ashley’s descriptions make the scenery come to life. If you like an alpha male, then you may find a new book boyfriend in Nathan. And Darby, while timid to start with, comes into her own and you’ll be rooting for that
Katy Ames
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. First, I have to say that I love Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. It was the very first book I properly binge read, straight through in one sitting, as a teenager. And, having read a few reviews on Amazon prior to picking up the book, I knew this was a re-telling. If you don't know that going in, I can see why some of the plot points would throw you. There is a lot about this story that Ms. Hastings keeps true to the original (the rapid romance, the darkness, the mystery), yet she gives t ...more
Teresa Lovin
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This story is very interesting. You can't figure everything out because this author is very good 👍 This is my first book by this author and will not be the last!!!!!
M.K.
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was amazing! I loved Nathan and Darby! A must read!! Dark and sexy!
Jeannette
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This was a great book from beginning to end. I loved the characters and their chemistry. I could not put the book down. I hope Maxwell gets his own story. I only wish it was longer to read.

I hope to read more from this author.
Jacie
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book in an evening and stayed up way too late making sure I finished it.
I'm not a fan of main characters who are doormats but I AM a big fan of main characters who come into their own. One of my favorite parts about this book was the progression of Doormat Darby to the Lady of Peacock Alley.
This story had the perfect amount of mystery to keep me on my toes and every guess I made about it ended up being wrong (That's a good thing! I absolutely love when my assumptions are wrong!)
I
Lynn
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I've never read the original book that the story was based off so I'm not going to compare it to that. The beginning was promising it pulled me in, and I was interesting in watching the progression of Darby and Nathan but it happened to fast. They were married days after meeting each other and what about her mother, I get she was awful but so was Nathan's mother and we get to see how she ends up. I became bored while reading this and it was very predictable to me even though I didn't know what w ...more
S
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This story is a modern day version of Daphne du Maurier Rebecca with some twists and turns. If you haven’t read the original book then you might enjoy it more. While I have read the original version & knew the plot I still enjoyed the author writing style and the story.
Izzie d
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a modern day Rebecca Daphne du Maurier story.
Henar
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
It remainded me a lot of Rebeca by Daphne du Maurier. I liked best the old versión.
Terry dunn
Apr 04, 2018
Siv
Feb 07, 2018
Mellonie
rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2018
Amara
Mar 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Spank That Romance: His Wife - Releases 1/18 1 11 Jan 14, 2018 09:44AM
Ashley Hastings latest book is Magic Man. She writes new adult, romantic fiction with a dash of suspense and a liberal sprinkling of humor.

A lifelong Southerner, Ashley creates quirky characters in a small-town setting. When she’s not busy plotting her next book, Ashley is collecting cats and planning a future as a crazy cat lady.

Ashley’s favorite quote is "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a d